• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Mario Kart 9 Creation Thread - Re-Tired

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Lakitu Labs
Krem Quay

Lakeside Park
Shy Guy Beach

Question - Where do we stand with Tour exclusive characters? Want to resubmit Pauline but not sure if she would be considered a returning or new character.
She counts as returning, yes

Also entries will continue into today

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Hey is anyone interested in making maps for the existing new courses, if so comment on this post

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ok, Lakitu Labs has won the next Mushroom Cup track and Lakeside Park is the first Shell Cup track, and all vehicles are being included, now its time for new characters

Diddy Kong
Pauline
Petey Piranha

Cappy
Boom Boom
Pirahna Plant

Vote for your top 2 of each, you may vote for yourself in 2nd place.

Job 8
Submit the final track for the Mushroom Cup
This track will be our final track for the Mushroom Cup, it should be a very memorable track taking place in a more exotic location. That's not a rule, but it is advisable that the track be unique in layout and location. It's a typical 3-lap structure, though I am also allowing longer 2-lap tracks in the line of Waluigi Stadium from Double Dash among other courses.

Job 9
Submit maps for our 3 existing new tracks
Submit a map for what you picture the 3 new tracks (Goomba Circuit, Koopa Theatre, and Lakitu Labs) would look like layout wise, make sure you use the initial post of the tracks as a rouge idea of what the track looks like and make sure you label things properly, you can find the initial posts on the links at the OP post.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Diddy
Pauline

Boom Boom
Plant

Party Board Mad Dash

A circuit based on Mario Party boards in general (name & image taken from a board from the 4th game). Kind of imagine it going throw sections of three different boards with you gliding are driving underwater between them.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Petey
Diddy

Cappy
Boom Boom

1672275721086.png

Antsy Fortress
This track takes place in a giant ant hill ran by the Ant Troopers, the ant hill is large and contains many twists and turns, making it the first 2 lap course. The course is seperated into 5 sections, the first one has you drive in long curves under ground, avoiding sticky mud and slippery moss. This section then leads to a ring of ant troopers marching in a circle, requiring you to weave through them to proceed. The second section takes place in a large funnel-shaped area, and notably, the ant troopers are running on both the walls and floor, requiring zero gravity to weave through that section. The third section takes you outside to a small garden where you drive on big leaves and bounce on flowers, with a blue flower leading to a gliding section. The forth section has you then slide down a a house gutter running with water acting as a current, while you avoid horned ant troppers swept up in the current. Finally, the last section is completely underwater taking place in a moat, its large but has a lot of strong currents leading to drain pipes, so be careful. After one last section weaving through ant troopers in a small tunnel you can repeat for the 2nd and final lap.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
You know what, I really need more track entries, maps less so important but I don't want to have only 2 tracks to vote on, ill extend my job into tommorow, I really need new entries

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I really need new entires, I cant really continue this thread without new entries

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Kind of a shame, never really participated in the other thread so was hoping to here, probably not worth it though with only 2 people.

The only thing I can kind of think of is if this gets rebranded to sort of take on the Mario Kart Crossroads rumor. Could be wrong but dont recall a creates thread for that went very far & maybe other people would be interested in that or maybe just give it a bit more time between this and the original thread.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Does anyone want to continue this thread again, maybe start from a clean slate? I want to give this another shot.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
It's decided: I am going to reboot everything from the ground up, meaning the entire thread is starting from scratch. The base character and item roster will be the following:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
DK
Yoshi
Toad
Bowser
Wario
Waluigi

Mushroom
Triple Mushroom
Gold Mushroom
Green Shell
Triple Green Shell
Red Shell
Triple Red Shell
Bomb-Omb
Fire Flower
Lightning
Fake Item Box
Bullet Bill
Blue Shell

I am sorry if the previous contributions were made meaningless now, but I feel like starting from scratch is the best course of option since its been so long.

Updates will come soon.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1
Submit a first track
With a new beginning comes a new Mushroom Cup, which means yes a new first track. The first tracks of Mario Kart are pretty basic yes, but a few have been quite beloved tracks in their own right with N64 Luigi Circuit, GCN Luigi Circuit, and Wii U Mario Kart Stadium being what I consider the peak of first tracks in their respective games. So here the job is to design a concept for a basic circuit track to start out our game's Mushroom Cup. The track should be the standard 3 laps long, have some small but memorable set pieces, and be overall a low difficulty track to ease players into the game. Gimmicks are allowed since tracks like GCN Luigi Circuit had some gimmicks to give it its own flair, but they shouldn't be super intrusive. Overall just make a simple but enjoyable beginners course. It should be noted that gliders, underwater driving, and anti-gravity will all return, so it encouraged to include at least one of those mentioned gimmicks.

Job 2
Submit a character
Submit up to three character that will be playable in this game. They can be newcomers or veterans, and the newcomers can be anyone as long as they are from the core Mario series. Meaning they debuted in either a main series platformer in the Mario, Donkey Kong Country, or Yoshi's Island series, or ones that debuted in one of the the sports/party games, characters originating from the RPGs are NOT allowed.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 1: Peach Circuit
You start by making a sharp turn while collecting coins, followed by performing a few tricks on hills while grabbing item boxes.

Then you have two choices (go the regular path or use a mushroom or star on the shortcut, collecting red coins and grabbing the item box).

After that, it's a straight path, followed by a turn which leads you into a speed boost. Then you drive through Peach's garden (avoiding piranha plants that breath fire) and into the castle, that's right, you get to race IN THE CASTLE!

You go down some stairs to find an ice rink filled with Freezies that will freeze you upon contact.

Then you go through the dining hall where there is a ramp that leads you onto the table.

Hitting the silver plates reveals some items.

Then, going up the stairs leads you to Peach's room, where there is a ramp, leading to the bed that can be bounced on.

You go through the window, onto a bridge, and drive on the wall, leading to the gliding ramp.

After gliding to the tunnel and driving through it, you come out, drive on 2 boost panels, and back to the start/finish line.

Job 2: Characters
degxaon-75400b50-8ac4-4802-950e-1bdeadfe4ad3.png

King K. Rool (Newcomer)

924px-SMO_Art_-_E3_Char4.png

Cappy (Newcomer)

882px-MPSR_Petey_Piranha.png

Petey Piranha (Veteran)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Yoshi Raceway (Raceways are more based than circuits)
This tropical take on a first track is unique in that it takes place on a shoreline racetrack, which both teach the players mutable terrain types while also being a fresh take on a basic archtype.

The course starts out on a standard raceway, with Yoshis and Shy Guys holding signs of each racer's emblem, which changes to match who is actually racing on the track.

When the race begins you go around a standard road with Yoshi vehicles overlooking the race, from Yoshi copters to Yoshi airplanes to even a Yoshi dune buggy that blocks the end of a large curve, forcing you to enter a more off road beach area.

The beach is quite simple to navigate, having dunes to trick off of and a tide pool to cut into with a mushroom, the first Zero-G section of the game takes place on the spiraling Yoshi lighthouse, creating a corkscrew effect as you get higher and higher before jumping out of the Yoshi head on the top and into a glider section.

You re-enter the raceway, with a few small but tight turns in the end. After all that you enter a trio of archways with Shy Guys on them before finally going past the starting line and redoing the track for the next two laps.

Job #2: Racers
1692391854344.png

Diddy Kong (Veteran)

1692391880503.png

Dry Bones (Veteran)

1692391918935.png

Bowser Jr. (Veteran)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job 1
Submit a first track
With a new beginning comes a new Mushroom Cup, which means yes a new first track. The first tracks of Mario Kart are pretty basic yes, but a few have been quite beloved tracks in their own right with N64 Luigi Circuit, GCN Luigi Circuit, and Wii U Mario Kart Stadium being what I consider the peak of first tracks in their respective games. So here the job is to design a concept for a basic circuit track to start out our game's Mushroom Cup. The track should be the standard 3 laps long, have some small but memorable set pieces, and be overall a low difficulty track to ease players into the game. Gimmicks are allowed since tracks like GCN Luigi Circuit had some gimmicks to give it its own flair, but they shouldn't be super intrusive. Overall just make a simple but enjoyable beginners course. It should be noted that gliders, underwater driving, and anti-gravity will all return, so it encouraged to include at least one of those mentioned gimmicks.

Job 2
Submit a character
Submit up to three character that will be playable in this game. They can be newcomers or veterans, and the newcomers can be anyone as long as they are from the core Mario series. Meaning they debuted in either a main series platformer in the Mario, Donkey Kong Country, or Yoshi's Island series, or ones that debuted in one of the the sports/party games, characters originating from the RPGs are NOT allowed.
Personally, not to be rude, but I'd potentially suggest creating a new thread for the remake? I only say that so it's a little less confusing when trying to find certain elements like the base roster and whatnot down the line. That being said - it's just a suggestion, that's all.

Job #01:
Track Name: Wario Raceway

I felt that deviating from tradition would be pretty fun, and with that in mind, this felt like an interesting proposition to me. Wario Raceway is set in effectively a gigantic junkyard packed with stage elements from older Super Mario games as references - from Note Blocks being used as springs, all the way to a partially wrecked Airship that you can drive through as a callback to Airship Fortress. All of the advertising that you typically see is replaced with shoddy graffiti that Wario's put up himself, almost completely advertising himself and his own business ventures. Not only this, but the track has a slightly grungy and muddy feel comparable to motocross, in stark contrast to the typical grassy fields and official-looking locations that the rest of the series has stuck with.

In terms of layout, the track begins between two gigantic piles of scrap, with a flag behind placed between them that's been stolen from an older Mario Kart tournament. (The M has been crossed out and replaced with a scrawled W.) As you pass by turns, you'll find that the majority of observers aren't your typical Toads, but are instead Monty Moles - which only becomes more apparent as you turn the corner only to enter a wrecked Airship through one of the three portholes on the side. Drifting up it and to the deck, you'll then be able to glide off into a lake of murky waters - and you'll get extra height if you bounce off a Spring or a Note Block! Upon once more reaching the ground, you'll enter a tunnel of all kinds of scrap, which has incinerators in the background. Then, back to the starting line. However, the third lap has part of the tunnel collapse before you arrive, and you'll need to drive through the incinerators, taking care to avoid the panels through which jets of fire can burst.

Job #02:
Character Name: Maker Trio (Mary O., Yamamura, and Undodog)
Character Origin: Super Mario Maker (Except Undodog, in which case it'd be Mario Paint)

Hey, say what you will, but I genuinely think this would work pretty well. If you're a little skeptical about having three characters sharing a cart with, presumably, only one seat - I imagine Mary would drive, Undodog would sit on her lap, and Yamamura would sit on her head. For motorcycles, Undodog could ride in front of her. Also, the Mario Maker series is pretty important to represent somehow nowadays, right?

Character Name: Goomba Tower
Character Origin: Super Mario 3D Land

Given the criticisms of Goombas not having arms, which many argue makes them inelegible for inclusion (despite this being the same series that allows turtles and ghosts to drive, but I digress), I decided to include three of them instead. The bottom Goomba handles the pedals, the middle one handles the steering, and the top one handles items. Goombas are, after all, some of the Super Mario series' most iconic enemies, so I think they're more than warranted.

Character Name: Eggplant Man
Character Origin: Wrecking Crew

Sure, Foreman Spike might be the obvious choice given his recent role in The Super Mario Bros. Movie, but I think this goofy little vegetable would be a great inclusion in his own right. It should be noted that Eggplant Man has the interesting distinction of having more appearances outside of home media than much of his competition from the early days of the franchise, appearing in games like Super Smash Bros. Melee, Chibi-Robo! and WarioWare: Twisted!, as well as eggplant-themed characters like the Eggplant Wizard appearing in Kid Icarus. As a side note, I'd like to suggest that some of his stunt poses have him pull out small Gotchawrenches (tool-sized, smaller than their original appearance) as an additional reference that'd make sense.

Shoutout to Abraham Lincoln, who I very much considered for inclusion given his role in Mario's Time Machine. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Personally, not to be rude, but I'd potentially suggest creating a new thread for the remake? I only say that so it's a little less confusing when trying to find certain elements like the base roster and whatnot down the line. That being said - it's just a suggestion, that's all.

Job #01:

I felt that deviating from tradition would be pretty fun, and with that in mind, this felt like an interesting proposition to me. Wario Raceway is set in effectively a gigantic junkyard packed with stage elements from older Super Mario games as references - from Note Blocks being used as springs, all the way to a partially wrecked Airship that you can drive through as a callback to Airship Fortress. All of the advertising that you typically see is replaced with shoddy graffiti that Wario's put up himself, almost completely advertising himself and his own business ventures. Not only this, but the track has a slightly grungy and muddy feel comparable to motocross, in stark contrast to the typical grassy fields and official-looking locations that the rest of the series has stuck with.

In terms of layout, the track begins between two gigantic piles of scrap, with a flag behind placed between them that's been stolen from an older Mario Kart tournament. (The M has been crossed out and replaced with a scrawled W.) As you pass by turns, you'll find that the majority of observers aren't your typical Toads, but are instead Monty Moles - which only becomes more apparent as you turn the corner only to enter a wrecked Airship through one of the three portholes on the side. Drifting up it and to the deck, you'll then be able to glide off into a lake of murky waters - and you'll get extra height if you bounce off a Spring or a Note Block! Upon once more reaching the ground, you'll enter a tunnel of all kinds of scrap, which has incinerators in the background. Then, back to the starting line. However, the third lap has part of the tunnel collapse before you arrive, and you'll need to drive through the incinerators, taking care to avoid the panels through which jets of fire can burst.

Job #02:
Character Origin: Super Mario Maker (Except Undodog, in which case it'd be Mario Paint)

Hey, say what you will, but I genuinely think this would work pretty well. If you're a little skeptical about having three characters sharing a cart with, presumably, only one seat - I imagine Mary would drive, Undodog would sit on her lap, and Yamamura would sit on her head. For motorcycles, Undodog could ride in front of her. Also, the Mario Maker series is pretty important to represent somehow nowadays, right?

Given the criticisms of Goombas not having arms, which many argue makes them inelegible for inclusion (despite this being the same series that allows turtles and ghosts to drive, but I digress), I decided to include three of them instead. The bottom Goomba handles the pedals, the middle one handles the steering, and the top one handles items. Goombas are, after all, some of the Super Mario series' most iconic enemies, so I think they're more than warranted.

Sure, Foreman Spike might be the obvious choice given his recent role in The Super Mario Bros. Movie, but I think this goofy little vegetable would be a great inclusion in his own right. It should be noted that Eggplant Man has the interesting distinction of having more appearances outside of home media than much of his competition from the early days of the franchise, appearing in games like Super Smash Bros. Melee, Chibi-Robo! and WarioWare: Twisted!, as well as eggplant-themed characters like the Eggplant Wizard appearing in Kid Icarus. As a side note, I'd like to suggest that some of his stunt poses have him pull out small Gotchawrenches (tool-sized, smaller than their original appearance) as an additional reference that'd make sense.

Shoutout to Abraham Lincoln, who I very much considered for inclusion given his role in Mario's Time Machine. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be.
I didnt make a new thread since I didn't want to clog Smahsbaords with unnecessary threads as I have been known to do, but you have a point. I just felt in this case the new thread is unnecessary since the original didn't really go anywhere.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entries will continue into tonight and will end tomorrow morning-ish, I am hoping at least one more track gets submitted.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Job 1: Lakitu Circuit
A track paying homage to the many years Lakitu has spent fishing karters from the abyss. He has a giant statue you race around, and the track seems to be the town square for a small village of Goombas, Koopas, and of course Lakitus among other Bowser troops. The track takes place during sunrise, and has a large pipe you drive through for a decent chunk of the race. It has anti-gravity, so you can go up the sides and all around it while inside. The only gimmick here is that Lakitu doesn't charge for a recovery service on this track! Though it's pretty hard to drive that far out of bounds on such a straightforward track. There's a few dash pads as well as some narrow track that racers might have to fight over space on.

Job 2: Penny Crygor, Swanky Kong, Koopalings

Penny is just a character from Warioware who I love.

Swanky Kong is a somewhat obscure, yet dashing, Kong family member who was recently resurrected by Illumination of all people.

Koopalings are a much-loved Mario Kart veteran. However, some didn't like how they took up a whole row on the character select screen, so I propose the ability to choose between them when clicking on their icon - like how Yoshi's palette swaps are organized in 8 Deluxe.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A track paying homage to the many years Lakitu has spent fishing karters from the abyss. He has a giant statue you race around, and the track seems to be the town square for a small village of Goombas, Koopas, and of course Lakitus among other Bowser troops. The track takes place during sunrise, and has a large pipe you drive through for a decent chunk of the race. It has anti-gravity, so you can go up the sides and all around it while inside. The only gimmick here is that Lakitu doesn't charge for a recovery service on this track! Though it's pretty hard to drive that far out of bounds on such a straightforward track. There's a few dash pads as well as some narrow track that racers might have to fight over space on.

Swanky Kong is a somewhat obscure, yet dashing, Kong family member who was recently resurrected by Illumination of all people.

Koopalings are a much-loved Mario Kart veteran. However, some didn't like how they took up a whole row on the character select screen, so I propose the ability to choose between them when clicking on their icon - like how Yoshi's palette swaps are organized in 8 Deluxe.
So, Koopalings sharing the same slot on the roster but separate racers?

I... like this.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I won’t nominate a racetrack, but I’ll nominate a few racers.

I’ll nominate Toadette, Koopa Troopa, and King Bob-Omb.
Artwork of Toadette in Mario Party Superstars
Artwork of Koopa Troopa from Super Mario Party

The first two have been in multiple Mario Kart games, and they appear in a few other spinoffs.
DMW-KingBobOmb.png
King Bob-Omb was in Tour and the most recent Mario Golf.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1: Peach Circuit
You start by making a sharp turn while collecting coins, followed by performing a few tricks on hills while grabbing item boxes.

Then you have two choices (go the regular path or use a mushroom or star on the shortcut, collecting red coins and grabbing the item box).

After that, it's a straight path, followed by a turn which leads you into a speed boost. Then you drive through Peach's garden (avoiding piranha plants that breath fire) and into the castle, that's right, you get to race IN THE CASTLE!

You go down some stairs to find an ice rink filled with Freezies that will freeze you upon contact.

Then you go through the dining hall where there is a ramp that leads you onto the table.

Hitting the silver plates reveals some items.

Then, going up the stairs leads you to Peach's room, where there is a ramp, leading to the bed that can be bounced on.

You go through the window, onto a bridge, and drive on the wall, leading to the gliding ramp.

After gliding to the tunnel and driving through it, you come out, drive on 2 boost panels, and back to the start/finish line.

Job 2: Characters
View attachment 376344
King K. Rool (Newcomer)

View attachment 376345
Cappy (Newcomer)

View attachment 376346
Petey Piranha (Veteran)
This tropical take on a first track is unique in that it takes place on a shoreline racetrack, which both teach the players mutable terrain types while also being a fresh take on a basic archtype.

The course starts out on a standard raceway, with Yoshis and Shy Guys holding signs of each racer's emblem, which changes to match who is actually racing on the track.

When the race begins you go around a standard road with Yoshi vehicles overlooking the race, from Yoshi copters to Yoshi airplanes to even a Yoshi dune buggy that blocks the end of a large curve, forcing you to enter a more off road beach area.

The beach is quite simple to navigate, having dunes to trick off of and a tide pool to cut into with a mushroom, the first Zero-G section of the game takes place on the spiraling Yoshi lighthouse, creating a corkscrew effect as you get higher and higher before jumping out of the Yoshi head on the top and into a glider section.

You re-enter the raceway, with a few small but tight turns in the end. After all that you enter a trio of archways with Shy Guys on them before finally going past the starting line and redoing the track for the next two laps.

View attachment 376347
Diddy Kong (Veteran)

View attachment 376348
Dry Bones (Veteran)

View attachment 376349
Bowser Jr. (Veteran)

Job #01:

Job #02:

Jobs are done, time to vote, yipee:

Peach Circuit
Yoshi Raceway
Wario Raceway
Lakitu Circuit

Vote for your top 3 tracks, you can vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place. One think to note is that since our submissions consist of either raceways or circuits, whichever one wins will determine how we will name our future circuit tracks. So if Wario or Yoshi Raceway wins for example we will name the Mario Circuit of this game Mario Raceway, and vise versa for if a circuit wins.

K.Rool
Cappy
Petey Piranha
Diddy Kong
Dry Bones
Bowser Jr.
Kamek
King Boo
Maker Trio (Mary O., Yamamura, and Undodog)
Goomba Tower
Eggplant Man
Penny Crygor
Swanky Kong
Koopalings
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
King Bomb-omb

Since there are so many entries for this roster, I am allowing you to vote for your top 5 of each character. You can vote them in no particular order since each vote will cost an equal amount of points. The 3 or 4 most voted characters will be included in the roster. You can only vote for 2 or your 3 submitted characters.

Job #03
Submit the first track for the Shell Cup
I am deciding that we will alternate between creating new nitro and retro cup courses in this thread, so since we are voting for the first track of the Mushroom Cup, we will also be submitting the first track of the Shell Cup. The Shell Cup usually consists of low difficulty courses that tend to come from the Mushroom and Flower Cups of previous Mario Kart games. So for this job you should focus on submitting tracks that debuted in their home game's Mushroom or Flower Cups, however, other cups are allowed if the track you submitted fits the general low difficulty vibe of the Shell Cup. Retro tracks that appeared in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8 are disqualified automatically, however I will allow retro courses that appeared in the Booster Course pass since that's a pretty special case, so basically any retro tracks that appeared in the original Wii U release of Mario Kart 8 are disqualified. Since this is the first course, the course you chosen should generally act as a nice easy introduction to the retro cups, so the course itself should have a whimsical or relaxing atmosphere. You can choose a track from any Mario Kart game, with the exceptions of Mario kart Tour, and the Mario Kart Arcade Games. Overall just submit a track that you feel gives the vibes of an introductory course to the Shell Cup and tell of what updates you would give it so that it can take advantage of new mechanics.

Job #04
Submit a new item
Submit a new item, tell in detail what the item is, what it does, and who do you expect will get the item in a race. For example in first place you usually get Green Shells and Bananas, while in last place you tend to get Blue Shells and Bullet Bills. Additionally, items that debuted in the Mario RPGs are disqualified. Here are the base roster of items below:

Mushroom
Triple Mushroom
Gold Mushroom
Green Shell
Triple Green Shell
Red Shell
Triple Red Shell
Bomb-Omb
Fire Flower
Lightning
Fake Item Box
Bullet Bill
Blue Shell

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1692469550078.png

GCN Luigi Circuit
With the addition of anti-gravity, I can imagine GCN Luigi Circuit would get an epic update to accommodate those features. The famous part where you drive the opposite way of the other racers can be split with an optional anti-gravity section, making the course now resemble a cylinder. The anti-gravity side would offer some pros and cons, on the pros side its a shorter distance to the goal so if yor fast you can cut some serious time. However, that section lacks boost panels meaning if an opponent has a Mushroom they can go across the non-anti-gravity section and go across the course in equal time if not shorter. So all in all the addition of this new wrinkle of gameplay helps flesh out this basic, but no less iconic and well-like course.

1692470003858.png

Ice Flower
You get this in the middle of the pack, so say 6th-3rd place, and it works similarly to the Fire Flower in that you lob iceballs constantly for a short period of time. However the iceballs have a shorter distance than the fireballs and the Ice Flower lasts a shorter time. To make up for this the Ice Flower will freeze enemies that get hit, forcing them to slide across the ground in the direction they were driving and remain frozen until they either hit a wall or button mash out of the ice. So in exchange for less range you gain a more powerful effect.

1692470246457.png

Propeller Mushroom
This item is available at all placements, though it becomes rarer the higher up you get in placements. The Propeller Mushroom will create a gust of wind under the user which causes them to jump quite high, similar to the Feather from Super Mario Kart. This has an offensive, defensive, and mobility use. It can be used as a keep away tool if an opponent is too close, it can deflect oncoming items, including the dreaded Blue Shell, and you can jump with this item, allowing you to take unique shortcuts that the regular Mushroom can't provide.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Courses
  1. Lakitu Circuit.
  2. Peach Circuit.
  3. Yoshi Raceway.
Racers
  1. King Boo.
  2. Kamek.
  3. Diddy Kong.
  4. Koopalings.
  5. Goomba Tower.

Job #03:
Track Name: Sunset Wilds
Track Origin: Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Maybe a desert would be a nice change of pace compared to just another raceway or grassy fields track. Yes, it'd be a bit of a more unusual pick, but I think this would look nice. It helps that it featured in the Booster Course Pass too, so there's obviously a market for it. Also, it's not too complex!

Job #04:
Item Name: Subcon Pot
Track Origin: Super Mario Bros. 2/USA (1988)

This would be an item you'd recieve toward the back of the pack. Specifically, it swaps the position of both you and the person in the position in front of you - so, if you're in #12, it'll swap your position with that of #11 and so forth. That said, you can't recieve the item beyond #09.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 3: DS Figure-8 Circuit
450px-Figure8CircuitMap.png

I chose this course because it's simple and a good way to start retro tracks.

Also, missed opportunity to add it in MK8.

So at the first corner it turns into a simple anti-gravity section.

Then after that, you go to a long piece of road and after 35 seconds the ramp with the glider will go up (just like Toad Circuit in MK7).

Then the last corner is another anti-gravity section.

Job 2: The P-Wing (NEW)
P_Wing_-_Mario_Kart_Wii.png

This item will really make you spread your wings, literally.

You would only be able to obtain this item if you're in the back of the pack.

This item will let you fly above the racers, tripling your speed.

It will wear off once you get in or close to 1st place.

Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Seems you forgot to add my racer submissions, no hard feelings.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 3: DS Figure-8 Circuit
View attachment 376376
I chose this course because it's simple and a good way to start retro tracks.

Also, missed opportunity to add it in MK8.

So at the first corner it turns into a simple anti-gravity section.

Then after that, you go to a long piece of road and after 35 seconds the ramp with the glider will go up (just like Toad Circuit in MK7).

Then the last corner is another anti-gravity section.

Job 2: The P-Wing (NEW)
View attachment 376377
This item will really make you spread your wings, literally.

You would only be able to obtain this item if you're in the back of the pack.

This item will let you fly above the racers, tripling your speed.

It will wear off once you get in or close to 1st place.

Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Seems you forgot to add my racer submissions, no hard feelings.
Added them, sorry about that, also you chose the choice of all time in terms of retro courses.

Also don't forget to vote, because I forgot too

Wario Raceway
Yoshi Raceway
Peach Circuit

Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Kamek
King Boo
Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. King Boo
2. Toadette
3. Petey Piranha
4. Diddy
5. Bowser Jr.

1. Yoshi Raceway
2. Wario Raceway
3. Lakitu Circuit

The icon for Peach Beach, from Mario Kart Double Dash!!.
I’ll nominate Peach Beach from Double Dash, and there can be an underwater portion added to this stage.

SMM3DS Art - Fire Bar.png
I’ll nominate the fire bar, which would kind of be like the Heart item, but it diminishes over time.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entries will continue into today and end tommorow morning. All submited stuff is good stuff so far.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ok from counting the votes it seems that Diddy Kong, King K.Rool, King Boo, and Kamek, are the most voted on characters for this job, so I will add them to the roster.

View attachment 376347
Diddy Kong (Veteran)

View attachment 376348
Dry Bones (Veteran)

View attachment 376349
Bowser Jr. (Veteran)
Yoshi Raceway will be our first track in the game, that means every future circuit tracks, like say Mario Circuit, will have a raceway monicur instead for consistancy.

Now its time to vote of the first track for the Shell Cup:
GCN Luigi Circuit
GBA Sunset Wilds
DS Figure 8-Circuit
GCN Peach Beach

Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place.

Here are also the votes for new items:
Ice Flower
Propeller Mushroom
Subcon Pot
P-Wing
Fire Bar
Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place, the two most popular choices will be included into the game.

Job #05
Submit the second track of the Mushroom Cup
With Yoshi Raceway being our first new track, we can make our second Mushroom Cup track. This track shouldn't overlap with Yoshi Circuit's general theme, so I suggest not submitting any tropical courses for this cup unless they are distinct enough. This track should be the standard 3-lap course of rather easy difficulty, it should also take place in a more distinct location than just standard circuit but don't go too high concept as it is just a Mushroom Cup course. Detail your general concept for the track, where does it take place, what obstacles and gimmicks are in this course, and overall just make a fleshed out and detailed entry.

Job #06
Submit a vehicle
Submit a vehicle, no stats are necessary, just tell me what stats this vehicle could excel at and be poor at. Just be creative, as long as they aren't too ridiculous. You may submit up to 2 vehicles for this job.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Shell Cup
  1. Sunset Wilds
  2. Peach Beach
  3. Luigi Circuit
New Items
  1. Subcon Pot
  2. Fire Bar
  3. Ice Flower

Job 5: Goomba Village
Judging by the name seen above, this track takes place in a huge village populated by every SINGLE TYPE of Goomba from the well-known classic brown ones, the small ones, the giant ones, and many more!

The track starts in the plaza with the Goombas on the sidelines watching and cheering for the drivers, others doing jobs, and going about their daily lives.

You would be racing through the streets branching off into different paths through the village, some having you race through buildings, across a park, or into alleyways.

Also, Goombas roaming around on the track as hazards.

At some point, the racers drive through the woods with Tail and Cat Goombas roaming around, going deeper into the forests has those Jack O'Goombas and Ghost Goombas floating by.

You get out of the woods and across a bridge under construction with Goombas building the whole thing, jumping over gaps, and avoiding Goombas working.

After a while, you return back into the village for another lap.

Job 6: Vehicles
New Vehicle Type

We had karts since the very beginning of the series... We got bikes in Wii... ATVs in 8...

Now, it's about time we get another new type of vehicles, and that is...

Trucks!
(dump trucks, monster trucks, tow trucks, pick-up trucks, trophy racing trucks, flatbed trucks, tanker, trailer, cement transport, anything you can think of)

Introducing the first of this new type of vehicles...

The Big Rig!
images (28) (14).jpeg

(Picture something like this image but looking more cartoony while still realistic)
I imagine this semi truck would have really stupidly heavy weight, low speed, kinda bad handling with that trailer.

But when high speed kicks in... Better be prepared to witness something like THIS joining the race with you...

Wario Car

images (28) (15).jpeg

Returning from Double Dash is the glorious car in purple!

I imagine that it would get a redesigned look resembling the one from Wario Land 4.
(Gives me 1958 Cadillac Eldorado vibes!)

Honestly, I think it would be better to categorise vehicles depending on what type they are:
  • Karts
  • Bikes
  • ATVs
  • [Insert new type of vehicles]

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Shell Cup
  1. Sunset Wilds
  2. Peach Beach
  3. Luigi Circuit
New Items
  1. Subcon Pot
  2. Fire Bar
  3. Ice Flower

Job 5: Goomba Village
Judging by the name seen above, this track takes place in a huge village populated by every SINGLE TYPE of Goomba from the well-known classic brown ones, the small ones, the giant ones, and many more!

The track starts in the plaza with the Goombas on the sidelines watching and cheering for the drivers, others doing jobs, and going about their daily lives.

You would be racing through the streets branching off into different paths through the village, some having you race through buildings, across a park, or into alleyways.

Also, Goombas roaming around on the track as hazards.

At some point, the racers drive through the woods with Tail and Cat Goombas roaming around, going deeper into the forests has those Jack O'Goombas and Ghost Goombas floating by.

You get out of the woods and across a bridge under construction with Goombas building the whole thing, jumping over gaps, and avoiding Goombas working.

After a while, you return back into the village for another lap.

Job 6: Vehicles
New Vehicle Type

We had karts since the very beginning of the series... We got bikes in Wii... ATVs in 8...

Now, it's about time we get another new type of vehicles, and that is...

Trucks!
(dump trucks, monster trucks, tow trucks, pick-up trucks, trophy racing trucks, flatbed trucks, tanker, trailer, cement transport, anything you can think of)

Introducing the first of this new type of vehicles...

The Big Rig!
View attachment 376448
(Picture something like this image but looking more cartoony while still realistic)
I imagine this semi truck would have really stupidly heavy weight, low speed, kinda bad handling with that trailer.

But when high speed kicks in... Better be prepared to witness something like THIS joining the race with you...

Wario Car

View attachment 376449
Returning from Double Dash is the glorious car in purple!

I imagine that it would get a redesigned look resembling the one from Wario Land 4.
(Gives me 1958 Cadillac Eldorado vibes!)

Honestly, I think it would be better to categorise vehicles depending on what type they are:
  • Karts
  • Bikes
  • ATVs
  • [Insert new type of vehicles]
I might, I intended this job to be a general vehicle submission job, though I'll make jobs for more specific vehicles down the line.

Top Bottom