• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Mario Kart 9 Creation Thread - Re-Tired

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Sunset Wilds
Luigi Circuit
Peach Beach

P-Wing
Ice Flower
Subcon Pot

1692566554503.png

Beehive Bayou
Taking inspiration from a multitude of different locations, from Super Mario Galaxy's Honeyhive Galaxy to the beehive levels of Donkey Kong Country, this has the racers drive around and inside a tree filled with massive honeycombs.

The racers begin on a flowering forest trail, its mainly downhill with some flowers acting as off-road similar to DS Peach Gardens, and some logs to trick off of, you can even find a bouncy mushroom if you trick off one log at just the right spot which can give you a small shortcut down a hollow log which leads you to the glider ramp at the bottom of this downward trek.

The glider ramp is quite lengthy, you have to avoid branches dropping blobs of honey which weigh you down into the off-road below. You also have some Zingers to avoid, as their spiky bodies provide some aerial hazards.

When you end the glider section you enter the main hive and have some turns around some windy paths bordering on some honeycombs surrounded by sticky honey, by using a Mushroom you can cut through the honey and gain a shortcut through one of the combs. Afterwards you have a hairpin turn with a pair of Zingers patrolling the area in a circle, their quite slow so don't worry about them too much.

The final section is an anti-gravity section off the side of a tree where honey flows down like a waterfall, leaves acting as normal terrain will float down this sticky stream of nectar, so your goal is to aim for those leaves as to not spend so much time in the honey. After that we have one last glider section where you burst through the leaves of this giant tree and avoid one final swarm of Zingers before safely heading back to the starting line.

Vehicles

1692568639301.png

Kiosk Kart
I just think it would be funny for Mario and the gang to ride arcade machines that can magically drive even though the screen is blocking everything. It has good speed and weight, but poor acceleration and handling.

1692569151920.png

Funky Bike Wii Flame Runner
Come on, it's the Flame Runner, it keeps its great speed and drifting abilities but retains the poor acceleration and off-road driving.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entries will continue into tonight, I really hope that there will be some new entries for when we start voting tommorow.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Bonneton

A Mario Odyssey track seems likely for the next game & a simplistic track based on one of the 1st areas is my idea.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
If I don't get anything by tomorrow I will end the current job and move onto voting.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Jobs are done
GBA Sunset Wilds will be both our first retro track and fire Shell Cup track

Ice Flower and Subcon Pot will be our first new pair of items

All vehicles that were submitted will be included in this game

Now it's time to vote
Shell Cup
  1. Sunset Wilds
  2. Peach Beach
  3. Luigi Circuit
New Items
  1. Subcon Pot
  2. Fire Bar
  3. Ice Flower

Job 5: Goomba Village
Judging by the name seen above, this track takes place in a huge village populated by every SINGLE TYPE of Goomba from the well-known classic brown ones, the small ones, the giant ones, and many more!

The track starts in the plaza with the Goombas on the sidelines watching and cheering for the drivers, others doing jobs, and going about their daily lives.

You would be racing through the streets branching off into different paths through the village, some having you race through buildings, across a park, or into alleyways.

Also, Goombas roaming around on the track as hazards.

At some point, the racers drive through the woods with Tail and Cat Goombas roaming around, going deeper into the forests has those Jack O'Goombas and Ghost Goombas floating by.

You get out of the woods and across a bridge under construction with Goombas building the whole thing, jumping over gaps, and avoiding Goombas working.

After a while, you return back into the village for another lap.

Job 6: Vehicles
New Vehicle Type

We had karts since the very beginning of the series... We got bikes in Wii... ATVs in 8...

Now, it's about time we get another new type of vehicles, and that is...

Trucks!
(dump trucks, monster trucks, tow trucks, pick-up trucks, trophy racing trucks, flatbed trucks, tanker, trailer, cement transport, anything you can think of)

Introducing the first of this new type of vehicles...

The Big Rig!
View attachment 376448
(Picture something like this image but looking more cartoony while still realistic)
I imagine this semi truck would have really stupidly heavy weight, low speed, kinda bad handling with that trailer.

But when high speed kicks in... Better be prepared to witness something like THIS joining the race with you...

Wario Car

View attachment 376449
Returning from Double Dash is the glorious car in purple!

I imagine that it would get a redesigned look resembling the one from Wario Land 4.
(Gives me 1958 Cadillac Eldorado vibes!)

Honestly, I think it would be better to categorise vehicles depending on what type they are:
  • Karts
  • Bikes
  • ATVs
  • [Insert new type of vehicles]
Sunset Wilds
Luigi Circuit
Peach Beach

P-Wing
Ice Flower
Subcon Pot

View attachment 376452
Beehive Bayou
Taking inspiration from a multitude of different locations, from Super Mario Galaxy's Honeyhive Galaxy to the beehive levels of Donkey Kong Country, this has the racers drive around and inside a tree filled with massive honeycombs.

The racers begin on a flowering forest trail, its mainly downhill with some flowers acting as off-road similar to DS Peach Gardens, and some logs to trick off of, you can even find a bouncy mushroom if you trick off one log at just the right spot which can give you a small shortcut down a hollow log which leads you to the glider ramp at the bottom of this downward trek.

The glider ramp is quite lengthy, you have to avoid branches dropping blobs of honey which weigh you down into the off-road below. You also have some Zingers to avoid, as their spiky bodies provide some aerial hazards.

When you end the glider section you enter the main hive and have some turns around some windy paths bordering on some honeycombs surrounded by sticky honey, by using a Mushroom you can cut through the honey and gain a shortcut through one of the combs. Afterwards you have a hairpin turn with a pair of Zingers patrolling the area in a circle, their quite slow so don't worry about them too much.

The final section is an anti-gravity section off the side of a tree where honey flows down like a waterfall, leaves acting as normal terrain will float down this sticky stream of nectar, so your goal is to aim for those leaves as to not spend so much time in the honey. After that we have one last glider section where you burst through the leaves of this giant tree and avoid one final swarm of Zingers before safely heading back to the starting line.

Vehicles

View attachment 376455
Kiosk Kart
I just think it would be funny for Mario and the gang to ride arcade machines that can magically drive even though the screen is blocking everything. It has good speed and weight, but poor acceleration and handling.

View attachment 376459
Funky Bike Wii Flame Runner
Come on, it's the Flame Runner, it keeps its great speed and drifting abilities but retains the poor acceleration and off-road driving.
Bonneton

A Mario Odyssey track seems likely for the next game & a simplistic track based on one of the 1st areas is my idea.
Goomba Village
Beehive Bayou
Bonneton

Vote for your top 2, you may vote for your own in 2nd place.

Job #09
Submit the second track of the Shell Cup
Same rules apply for the first Shell Cup job, no retro courses that also appeared in Mario Kart 7 and 8 (thought retro courses that appeared in the Booster Course Pass are allowed), no courses from the Arcade games or Tour. Due to the addition of Sunset Wilds, no GBA tracks are allowed for this job. Also try to submit a course that is visually distinct from Sunset Wilds, that way, the cup won't feel the same. Describe any major visual or mechanical updates you have for this course if applicable.

Job #10
Submit a new Battle Mode
In my planned Mario Kart 9, there will be three main modes, Grand Prix, Mission Mode, and Battle Mode. Battle Mode will have Balloon Battle and Coin Runners, working just as they did in the previous game, but there will be a few new battle modes. Your job is to submit an idea for a new Battle Mode and describe how the mode will play out. Will there be teams or is it a free-for-all, how do you win or lose, is there any special mechanics. Just tell us how you think this new Battle Mode will play out, try to be distinct from the other Battle Modes included in the game, Balloon Battle and Coin Runners.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 9: DS Delfino Square
images (29) (19).jpeg

First appearing in DS, and returned for Wii is good old Delfino Square making a third comeback!

Here's how I imagine the changes:
Untitled2147_20230824072154.png

Wouldn't be much except for better updated details and graphics.

Job 10: New Battle Mode
Possession Panic
Racers play "Hide and Seek", the time is set, and the Possessors from Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon will appear on the stage, trying to possess racers.

Racers must avoid the ghosts and other possessed racers, or they will pass the ghost onto them.

Every player starts with 100 points, and their points will start decreasing after being tagged by a ghost (1 point per second).

If a possessed racer manages to pass the ghost onto another driver, their points counter will start to slowly recover (1 point per 2 seconds), however, only 10 points can be recovered.

If a possessed racer manages to pass the ghost onto another driver, their points counter will start to slowly recover (1 point per 2 seconds), however, only 10 points can be recovered.
Having the points reduced to 0 will disqualify a racer.

Being hit by items causes the racer to lose some points and to be more predisposed to be captured.

When the timer has 30 seconds left, 2 more ghosts will appear to possess more racers.

If a player is the last one standing, they instantly win.

Alternatively, the mode ends when the total time pass with more than one player still left in the arena.

In this case, the total of points will be analysed.

Once time ends, the player with the most points win.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Will I be allowed to renominate Peach Beach?
Because I love elimination modes, I’m going to nominate Knockout Races.

These would work like in other racing games where there is a timer, and the racer in last place at the end of the timer is eliminated, and this process repeats until only one racer remains (teams would be optional).

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Goomba Village
Beehive Bayou

1692843267872.png

N64 Frappe Snowland
Ok, not the most beloved course, but I believe the more polished controls of 8 will work wonders to this course. The concept of a giant snowman filled course just feels like it has so much potential to be gorgeous in 8's visual style. I imagine the snow tunnel at the end could be replaced with a full on snow fort with halfpipes you can trick off of. And maybe have the penguin castle from the Super Mario Bros movie in the background as a nice cameo.

Battle Mode
Egg Hunt

A game that revolved around being aware of your surroundings and careful driving. The goal is to collect eggs found the arena and collect them into each player's designated nest. There are green Yoshi eggs worth 1 point, pink Birdo eggs worth 3 points, and gold eggs worth 5 points. When you collect an egg it trails behind you just like in the main series game, they will snake behind your cart and you can have a maximum of 15 eggs trailing behind you at a time. However if an opponent collides with the trail they will sever it and steal part of the trail. Since you can carry so many eggs the goal is to balance between making short and quick deliveries and trying to collect larger payloads. To win you just need to collect the most eggs, It's really simple. There is also an option for teams, which play a little differently. In team battles one side can steal the eggs of the other side, so it is recommended that each team coordinate who will collect eggs, who will steal from the other nest, and who will guard their own nest. This forms the crux of a simple but in depth battle mode, just like the best ones in the series.

Also don't forget to vote

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Toad's Factory

Surprised this track hasnt made another appearance, maybe a gliding section could be added around the 1 gap in the layout but other than that just update the visuals

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ok so unique issue, there is enough entries for tracks, but there isn't enough votes to continue to the next job, so I please implore you to vote, also any last minute entries for tracks and battle mode should also be submitted as well.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ok voting is now done

Goomba Village will be the 2nd track of the Mushroom Cup, we are now halfway done with the first set of cups.

Now it is time to vote for our 2nd track for the Shell Cup:

DS Delfino Square
GCN Peach Beach
N64 Frappe Snowland
Wii Toad's Factory

Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place.

However there is also a new Battle Mode we need to vote on as well.

Job 9: DS Delfino Square
View attachment 376617
First appearing in DS, and returned for Wii is good old Delfino Square making a third comeback!

Here's how I imagine the changes:
View attachment 376620
Wouldn't be much except for better updated details and graphics.

Job 10: New Battle Mode
Possession Panic
Racers play "Hide and Seek", the time is set, and the Possessors from Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon will appear on the stage, trying to possess racers.

Racers must avoid the ghosts and other possessed racers, or they will pass the ghost onto them.

Every player starts with 100 points, and their points will start decreasing after being tagged by a ghost (1 point per second).

Having the points reduced to 0 will disqualify a racer.

Being hit by items causes the racer to lose some points and to be more predisposed to be captured.

When the timer has 30 seconds left, 2 more ghosts will appear to possess more racers.

If a player is the last one standing, they instantly win.

Alternatively, the mode ends when the total time pass with more than one player still left in the arena.

In this case, the total of points will be analysed.

Once time ends, the player with the most points win.
Will I be allowed to renominate Peach Beach?

Because I love elimination modes, I’m going to nominate Knockout Races.

These would work like in other racing games where there is a timer, and the racer in last place at the end of the timer is eliminated, and this process repeats until only one racer remains (teams would be optional).
Goomba Village
Beehive Bayou

View attachment 376633
N64 Frappe Snowland
Ok, not the most beloved course, but I believe the more polished controls of 8 will work wonders to this course. The concept of a giant snowman filled course just feels like it has so much potential to be gorgeous in 8's visual style. I imagine the snow tunnel at the end could be replaced with a full on snow fort with halfpipes you can trick off of. And maybe have the penguin castle from the Super Mario Bros movie in the background as a nice cameo.

Battle Mode
Egg Hunt

A game that revolved around being aware of your surroundings and careful driving. The goal is to collect eggs found the arena and collect them into each player's designated nest. There are green Yoshi eggs worth 1 point, pink Birdo eggs worth 3 points, and gold eggs worth 5 points. When you collect an egg it trails behind you just like in the main series game, they will snake behind your cart and you can have a maximum of 15 eggs trailing behind you at a time. However if an opponent collides with the trail they will sever it and steal part of the trail. Since you can carry so many eggs the goal is to balance between making short and quick deliveries and trying to collect larger payloads. To win you just need to collect the most eggs, It's really simple. There is also an option for teams, which play a little differently. In team battles one side can steal the eggs of the other side, so it is recommended that each team coordinate who will collect eggs, who will steal from the other nest, and who will guard their own nest. This forms the crux of a simple but in depth battle mode, just like the best ones in the series.

Also don't forget to vote
Possession panic
Knockout Race
Egg Hunt

Now onto our next set of jobs.
Job #011
Submit water or beach-themed track
In Mario Kart usually the third course of the Mushroom Cup is themed around a beach or some other water-based area, as seen in this page, so this will be our first themed track job. Your task is to submit a track based on a beach, ocean, or some other watery area. This track can either be themed around a character that is or isn't in the roster, a location in Mario series, spin offs included, or something completely different. As long as the course features a large focus on water and coastal driving and doesn't encroach on the themes of the other Mushroom Cup tracks I'll be okay.

Job #012
Submit a battle mode map
With our previous job focusing on submitting a new battle mode, it is only fitting that the next job focus on a new battle mode course. Submit a battle mode course for this game and detail the general layout/gimmicks. No special requirements, just submit a battle mode map for this game.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Toad’s Factory
Frappe Snowland
Peach Beach

Possession Panic
Knockout

Race Track: Pirate Land

This race track would start with a glider where racers would glide to a Pirate Ship. Then, they would drive through the interior of the ship and exit into the ocean, where cheep cheeps are potential hazards. Once the racer is above water again, they take a couple tuirns before the lap finishes.

Rainbow Rumble for the Battle Course
The layout would be similar to Rainbow Dream shown below, paths are connected by rainbow bridges. There would be no hazards.
Rainbow Dream Party.jpg

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Toad’s Factory
Frappe Snowland
Delfino Square

Possession Panic
Egg Hunt
1692997729249.png

Kong Kove
I feel like it would be a cool change of pace to have the water-based map take place not in a Mario-themed location, but a DK themed location. Taking inspiration from the original and much acclaimed water levels of the first DKC game, Coral Capers takes place inside a coral reef. You start the race on one of Funky Kong's Flight Stops with a lounging Funky Kong sleeping under the tropical trees (If he ever becomes playable he would be replaced by Tawks the parrot). The first part is a sandy beach area, rather than the usual sidesteppers, you will have Snippies and Pinchlies move side to side.
1692998383407.png
1692998455909.png

The Snippies (the yellow crab) are faster than the Pinchlies (the red crab) but the Pinchlies have a winder hitbox than the Snippies. When hit by an item both will flip over, and will only be killed if another racer runs over their flipped body, after which they respawn soon enough. The next segment is the first underwater segment, where you drive into a coral reaf, for an underwater segment, there are actually quite a few sharp turns, luckily, the road is also quite wide so the main danger comes in the fact that said road has jagged edges where you can easily fall off. You then rise out the water and enter a wharf, Kremlings can be seen using cranes as they try to lift up the planks you are driving on, at the first lap the plank is driven on normally, but on the 2nd lap onward the plank is now slanted, becoming an anti-gravity segment. Be careful of spiky barnacles on the planks making up this wharf and avoid more Snippies as you go back down to the beach.

Now you have a choice for this next route, one of Funky Kong's ships, specifically the jetski from DKC 3 will go around the last stretch of the course, dropping boost pads that allow you to drive on top of the water, this allows you to get some insane speed in this course but missing one will cause you to drop into the ocean below, where you have to avoid some swimming Snaggles (the sharks) while swimming on a large bend, where halfway through you need to enter some more anti-gravity to avoid a whirlpool below.
1692999043010.png

After existing the ocean you have one last small bend with more Snippies and Pinchlies patrolling the shoreline before a 90 degree turn leads you back to Funky's Flights where you can start the next lap.

And of course there will be a gorgeous HD sunset in the distance, with this rocking remix of Aquatic Ambience to compliment it:

1692999448983.png

Battle Course
Battlerock Belt

With how Mario Kart 8 introduce anti-gravity, I am surprised there wasn't a Super Mario Galaxy battle course to go with it. Well now there is one based on, fittingly enough, the Battlerock Galaxy. The gimmick is that the entire arena is in anti-gravity, taking place on a rocky planet with the Battlerock in the distance. The area is craggy, has some ramps to jump and boost off of, and some houses you can drive on the roofs of. These houses are linked by wooden bridges and they have the unique mechanic of breaking if an explosion hits them, either by a Bomb-omb, or the Battlerock itself. If destroyed by a Bomb-omb the wood bridge will repair itself after a while, but the powerful cannons of the Battlerock will leave gaping craters in the planet, leaving behind a bottomless pit. As the match goes on the planet becomes more and more holey from the Battlerock's assault, making the arena more hazardous as a result. Overall one of the more dynamic arenas I have in mind for this game.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 11: Jolly Docks
super-mario-64-walkthrough-stars-guide-35.jpg
800px-BBS.jpg

The third and ninth levels from Mario 64 have now combined together to become a track!

You would start on the shore in Jolly Roger Bay and race alongside the water before going onto those plaform things, you drive into the deep depths with the giant infamous eel swimming around as well racing to the sunken ship going inside.

(The rocks on the cliff would be an optional route)

You go out of the ship and into an underwater tunnel leading to the cave with falling rock pillars and treasure chests that electrocute your racer.

Going outside into another huge area of water with the manta ray and shark swimming around, into another tunnel leading to none other than Bowser's submarine.

You can either go underwater or race across on the submarine.

Going into a third tunnel leading back to the surface to the track's start.

Job 12: Dusty Dune
Dusty_Dune_Galaxy_blasting_through_the_sand_Overview_header.jpg

This Battle Course would be located at none other than Dusty Dune Galaxy.

The arena would have cacti, quicksand to sink racers, sand currants to make you faster around the Battle Course, and twisters that suck you up.

Sometimes, parts of the Battle Course would sink into the quicksand making racers get to another part but will rise back up.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I want to wait like 2 hours or so in case anyone has any last minute entries they want to make, sounds good.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ok, sorry for the delays, now its time for our next phase:

Possession Panic is our first new battle mode

Wii Toad's Factory is the second track of the Shell Cup

Now onto our next set of voting

Toad’s Factory
Frappe Snowland
Peach Beach

Possession Panic
Knockout

Race Track: Pirate Land

This race track would start with a glider where racers would glide to a Pirate Ship. Then, they would drive through the interior of the ship and exit into the ocean, where cheep cheeps are potential hazards. Once the racer is above water again, they take a couple tuirns before the lap finishes.

Rainbow Rumble for the Battle Course
The layout would be similar to Rainbow Dream shown below, paths are connected by rainbow bridges. There would be no hazards.
Rainbow Dream Party.jpg
Toad’s Factory
Frappe Snowland
Delfino Square

Possession Panic
Egg Hunt
View attachment 376752
Kong Kove
I feel like it would be a cool change of pace to have the water-based map take place not in a Mario-themed location, but a DK themed location. Taking inspiration from the original and much acclaimed water levels of the first DKC game, Coral Capers takes place inside a coral reef. You start the race on one of Funky Kong's Flight Stops with a lounging Funky Kong sleeping under the tropical trees (If he ever becomes playable he would be replaced by Tawks the parrot). The first part is a sandy beach area, rather than the usual sidesteppers, you will have Snippies and Pinchlies move side to side.
View attachment 376753View attachment 376754
The Snippies (the yellow crab) are faster than the Pinchlies (the red crab) but the Pinchlies have a winder hitbox than the Snippies. When hit by an item both will flip over, and will only be killed if another racer runs over their flipped body, after which they respawn soon enough. The next segment is the first underwater segment, where you drive into a coral reaf, for an underwater segment, there are actually quite a few sharp turns, luckily, the road is also quite wide so the main danger comes in the fact that said road has jagged edges where you can easily fall off. You then rise out the water and enter a wharf, Kremlings can be seen using cranes as they try to lift up the planks you are driving on, at the first lap the plank is driven on normally, but on the 2nd lap onward the plank is now slanted, becoming an anti-gravity segment. Be careful of spiky barnacles on the planks making up this wharf and avoid more Snippies as you go back down to the beach.

Now you have a choice for this next route, one of Funky Kong's ships, specifically the jetski from DKC 3 will go around the last stretch of the course, dropping boost pads that allow you to drive on top of the water, this allows you to get some insane speed in this course but missing one will cause you to drop into the ocean below, where you have to avoid some swimming Snaggles (the sharks) while swimming on a large bend, where halfway through you need to enter some more anti-gravity to avoid a whirlpool below.
View attachment 376755

After existing the ocean you have one last small bend with more Snippies and Pinchlies patrolling the shoreline before a 90 degree turn leads you back to Funky's Flights where you can start the next lap.

And of course there will be a gorgeous HD sunset in the distance, with this rocking remix of Aquatic Ambience to compliment it:

View attachment 376757
Battle Course
Battlerock Belt

With how Mario Kart 8 introduce anti-gravity, I am surprised there wasn't a Super Mario Galaxy battle course to go with it. Well now there is one based on, fittingly enough, the Battlerock Galaxy. The gimmick is that the entire arena is in anti-gravity, taking place on a rocky planet with the Battlerock in the distance. The area is craggy, has some ramps to jump and boost off of, and some houses you can drive on the roofs of. These houses are linked by wooden bridges and they have the unique mechanic of breaking if an explosion hits them, either by a Bomb-omb, or the Battlerock itself. If destroyed by a Bomb-omb the wood bridge will repair itself after a while, but the powerful cannons of the Battlerock will leave gaping craters in the planet, leaving behind a bottomless pit. As the match goes on the planet becomes more and more holey from the Battlerock's assault, making the arena more hazardous as a result. Overall one of the more dynamic arenas I have in mind for this game.
Job 11: Jolly Docks
View attachment 376747View attachment 376746
The third and ninth levels from Mario 64 have now combined together to become a track!

You would start on the shore in Jolly Roger Bay and race alongside the water before going onto those plaform things, you drive into the deep depths with the giant infamous eel swimming around as well racing to the sunken ship going inside.

(The rocks on the cliff would be an optional route)

You go out of the ship and into an underwater tunnel leading to the cave with falling rock pillars and treasure chests that electrocute your racer.

Going outside into another huge area of water with the manta ray and shark swimming around, into another tunnel leading to none other than Bowser's submarine.

You can either go underwater or race across on the submarine.

Going into a third tunnel leading back to the surface to the track's start.

Job 12: Dusty Dune
View attachment 376758
This Battle Course would be located at none other than Dusty Dune Galaxy.

The arena would have cacti, quicksand to sink racers, sand currants to make you faster around the Battle Course, and twisters that suck you up.

Sometimes, parts of the Battle Course would sink into the quicksand making racers get to another part but will rise back up.
Racetrack:
Pirate Land
Kong Kove
Jolly Docks

Battle Course:
Rainbow Rumble
Battlerock Belt
Dusty Dune

Vote for your top 2 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd place.

Job 13:
Submit the 3rd track for the Shell Cup
With the GBA and Wii covered for this cup so far, your only limited to the SNES, N64, DS, 3DS, and Wii U tracks. Again like always if the track already appeared in Mario Kart 7 and 8 as a retro track its disqualified, however tracks that only appeared as retros in the Boost Course Pass are allowed for submission. As another rule, no tracks debuting in Mario Kart 8 are allowed to be submitted, as the final course of the Shell Cup is planned to be a Wii U track. So you can only submit tracks from Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS, and Mario Kart 7 for this job, and again no repeats from 7 or 8. Tell us why this course should be included as the third track of the Shell Cup and how can it be updated to fit modern mechanics.

Job 14:
Submit a newcomer and returning character to be playable racers
The rules are simple, submit a newcomer, as in a character who was never playable in Mario Kart, and a veteran returning from a previous game. As long as the character didn't debut in an RPG, any newcomer is welcome; it can be from the Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, or Wario series.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Votes
Track
  1. Pirate
  2. Kove
Battle
  1. Battlerock
  2. Rainbow
Job 13: 3DS Wuhu Loop
Wuhu_Loop.png

It would be kind of nice to see this come back with updated graphics.

There wouldn't be much changes, just the same... kind of perfect.

Except there would be somehow anti-gravity in the tunnel making you drive on the walls and ceiling upside-down.

Job 14:
1399px-Shake_King_WLSI.png

Newcomer: Shake King (Wario series)
(Out of left field unexpected pick)

MKT_Artwork_Poochy.png

Veteran: Poochy (Yoshi series)
(Returning from Tour)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1693165976880.jpeg

SNES Mario Circuit 4
WAIT DON'T LEAVE THIS IS ACTUALLY A COOL IDEA
Okay, so the SNES retro courses tend to be ignored at best and hated at worst, but do you know the answer as to why, simple Nintendo just never updates the layout to use modern mechanics. The layouts themselves are quite solid, they just need a good touch up to be on par with the base game tracks. Now my idea is to focus on the often complained blocky aesthetic of these tracks and turn them into a strength, how you may ask. Simple, the track is now modeled after a concrete skatepark, complete with halfpipes, the light blue lines indicated possible locations for halfpipes and as you can see its as far as the eye can see. As a result you can take some series grindage with the new additions. Additionally the dark blue lines indicate newly added anti-gravity segments, which take place on the walls of this skate part before converging into a new half-pipe. I can see some 16-bit graffiti being place as reference to the course's SNES days as a nice throwback, and fittingly for a more extreme course layout we need a more extreme remix of the classic SNES Mario Circuit theme.
Now why Mario Circuit 4 in particular, well first the many curves this track has lends itself for some satisfying halfpipes, and secondly its the only SNES Mario Circuit track to not return in a future entry, so I like to bring it back to complete the quadrilogy
1693164782658.png

Veteran
Funky Kong

1693164900327.png

Newcomer
Cranky Kong
Every playable Kong deservers to be in Mario Kart one way or another, I chose Funky over Dixie since he is possibly the most iconic cut character in the series, while Cranky Kong would just be a cool pick to round out the playable Kongs.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Kove
Docks

Battlerock
Rainbow

Cheep Cheep Lagoon
Would courses that appear in Tour but not 8DX be allowed? If so, I’ll nominate Cheep Cheep Lagoon for the next retro course. If not, I’ll renominate Peach Beach.

I’ll nominate Toadette and Ashley for my racers.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Kove
Docks

Battlerock
Rainbow

Cheep Cheep Lagoon
Would courses that appear in Tour but not 8DX be allowed? If so, I’ll nominate Cheep Cheep Lagoon for the next retro course. If not, I’ll renominate Peach Beach.

Tour and the Booster Course Passes are special cases, one is a mobile game with a rotating track rostee while the other is a DLC add on for a re realese, hence why retro courses that appeared in there are allowed, as long as they also don't appear in Mario Kart 7 and the Wii U release of Mario Kart 8

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Since Cheep Cheep Lagoon was good i will nominate Pupp135's other idea of Peach Beach, a classic great course.

Updated graphics & some changes i feel mixed about but why not try something new, the water remain remain consistent allowing the previously effected areas to become underwater sections. Also the side island shortcut is now a gliding jump.

Veteran - Pauline (Tour)

Newcomer - Paragoomba

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Votes are done
Kong Kove will be the 3rd track of the Mushroom Cup
Battlerock Belt will be the first new battle course

Now onto our next set of votes
Votes
Track
  1. Pirate
  2. Kove
Battle
  1. Battlerock
  2. Rainbow
Job 13: 3DS Wuhu Loop
View attachment 376835
It would be kind of nice to see this come back with updated graphics.

There wouldn't be much changes, just the same... kind of perfect.

Except there would be somehow anti-gravity in the tunnel making you drive on the walls and ceiling upside-down.

Job 14:
View attachment 376832
Newcomer: Shake King (Wario series)
(Out of left field unexpected pick)

View attachment 376831
Veteran: Poochy (Yoshi series)
(Returning from Tour)
View attachment 376838
SNES Mario Circuit 4
WAIT DON'T LEAVE THIS IS ACTUALLY A COOL IDEA
Okay, so the SNES retro courses tend to be ignored at best and hated at worst, but do you know the answer as to why, simple Nintendo just never updates the layout to use modern mechanics. The layouts themselves are quite solid, they just need a good touch up to be on par with the base game tracks. Now my idea is to focus on the often complained blocky aesthetic of these tracks and turn them into a strength, how you may ask. Simple, the track is now modeled after a concrete skatepark, complete with halfpipes, the light blue lines indicated possible locations for halfpipes and as you can see its as far as the eye can see. As a result you can take some series grindage with the new additions. Additionally the dark blue lines indicate newly added anti-gravity segments, which take place on the walls of this skate part before converging into a new half-pipe. I can see some 16-bit graffiti being place as reference to the course's SNES days as a nice throwback, and fittingly for a more extreme course layout we need a more extreme remix of the classic SNES Mario Circuit theme.
Now why Mario Circuit 4 in particular, well first the many curves this track has lends itself for some satisfying halfpipes, and secondly its the only SNES Mario Circuit track to not return in a future entry, so I like to bring it back to complete the quadrilogy
View attachment 376833
Veteran
Funky Kong

View attachment 376834

Newcomer
Cranky Kong
Every playable Kong deservers to be in Mario Kart one way or another, I chose Funky over Dixie since he is possibly the most iconic cut character in the series, while Cranky Kong would just be a cool pick to round out the playable Kongs.
Kove
Docks

Battlerock
Rainbow

Cheep Cheep Lagoon

Since Cheep Cheep Lagoon was good i will nominate Pupp135's other idea of Peach Beach, a classic great course.

Updated graphics & some changes i feel mixed about but why not try something new, the water remain remain consistent allowing the previously effected areas to become underwater sections. Also the side island shortcut is now a gliding jump.

Veteran - Pauline (Tour)

Newcomer - Paragoomba
Retro Tracks
3DS Wuhu Loop
SNES Mario Circuit 4
3DS Cheep Cheep Lagoon
GCN Peach Beach

Veterans:
Pauline
Poochy
Funky Kong
Toadette

Newcomers:
Cranky Kong
Shake King
Paragoomba
Ashley

Vote for your top 3 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place.

Job #014
Submit the final track for the Mushroom Cup
The Mushroom Cup is ending, and it is your job to make a good finale for the cup. The job is to submit a track that will be an effective finale for the Mushroom Cup. These tracks tend to have more unique concepts than the previous tracks in a cup, so I expect that the track submitted will be both distinct from the tracks already in the cup and one of the more unique tracks overall. You're free to submit any track you want, but it still should be 3 laps long.

Job #015
Submit a retro battle course
Submit a retro battle course returning from a previous game; it can be from any game. Tell us how you would update this course for a modern Mario Kart game.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 14: Daisy's Safari
A 3-lap section track like Mount Wario taking place at a national park owned by Daisy located in a savannah inspired by African landscapes.

You would start at the entrance to the park itself and race through a small village first, before going out into the wilderness with animals roaming around.

You race through the plains of the savannah driving through tall grass and alongside the local wildlife themselves.
(Giraffes bending their necks down to use as ramps)

I imagine there would be a section where you race through a watering hole infested with crocodiles and animals watching the race.

Another part of the track would have you racing through a stampede of wildebeests and trying not to get trampled.

Some possible hazards would be packs of lions and hyenas chasing after the racers and pouncing onto their vehicles making them drive wildly to get the carnivores off, or even rhinos charging towards you.

Near the end of the track, the racers get chased by a huge stampede of many animals charging down the track before separating from each other as the drivers get to the finish line.

Job 15: Wii Funky Stadium
Funky_Stadium.jpg

No changes, just perfect the way it is with modern updated graphics.
(Maybe looking more like a skate park)

Edit: I just realized we didn't add standard vehicles
(Like how each Mario Kart game from Wii to 8 had standard karts/bikes)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
A 3-lap section track like Mount Wario taking place at a national park owned by Daisy located in a savannah inspired by African landscapes.

You would start at the entrance to the park itself and race through a small village first, before going out into the wilderness with animals roaming around.

You race through the plains of the savannah driving through tall grass and alongside the local wildlife themselves.

I imagine there would be a section where you race through a watering hole infested with crocodiles and animals watching the race.

Another part of the track would have you racing through a stampede of wildebeests and trying not to get trampled.

Some possible hazards would be packs of lions and hyenas chasing after the racers and pouncing onto their vehicles making them drive wildly to get the carnivores off, or even rhinos charging towards you.

Near the end of the track, the racers get chased by a huge stampede of many animals charging down the track before separating from each other as the drivers get to the finish line.

View attachment 376865

I'll add standard vehicles, thanks for asking.

GCN Peach Beach
SNES Mario Circuit 4
3DS Wuhu Loop

Poochy
Funky Kong
Pauline

Paragoomba
Cranky Kong
Ashely

1693259057185.png

Kamek's Library
Kamek is finally playable in a mainline Mario Kart game, so to celebrate, I decided that he should have a course all his own to act as our Mushroom Cup finale. The course takes place in an enchanted library run by Toadies. The first straightaway of the course has some Toadies string along in a line, each carrying an item box similar to that item box snake in Snow Land from the Booster Course Pass. During the first half, you have to race around tight turns, avoiding Whomps disguised as bookshelves and more toady snakes, this time containing potions that will spin out your driver when hit. The next big turn has you drive around a giant stack of of books, with some flying like Swoopers to block your driving. However the true gimmick of the course comes when you enter a special door.

Suddenly you're tiny, and you have to spend the next lap on the floor of the library, going under the tables and chairs. In this state, you encounter the now giant Scardey Rats. After going under some tables and chairs you go up to the book mountain from earlier and encounter a cauldron filled with a magic potion, you have to drive around the rim and avoid the Toadies pushing you in the toxic vat. You then enter a zero-gravity segment where more Toadies try to chase after you upon trying to go up the stairs, however once you go to the top you enter the same door you went through when you became tiny.

Now your back to normal size, however the potion has made the rats and Toadies giant as well, so now you have to repeat lap 1 again, but this time with these giant foes, its more cramped and overall more dangerous as a result. A quite unique track to end the Mushroom Cup with, in my opinion.
1693258469915.png

N64 Double Deck
The main addition is a big one: the lower layer is now accessed via an anti-gravity segment underneath the area, that way its both not so confusing to navigate and utilizes more modern mechanics.

Also question, is anyone interested in drawing maps for the Mushroom Cup courses that got in to reflect their descriptions?

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Pauline
2. Toadette
3. Funky

1. Shake King
2. Paragoomba
3. Ashely

I’ll follow up with the Mario Party Theme and nominate Toadette’s Music Room from Mario Party DS.
MPDSMusicRoomBoard.jpg
I’d see this map with racers first going inside of a saxophone and then be launched out of the saxophone and glide to the next part of the stage. Then, the racers would go a quick session of keyboards like in music park. The lap would end with racers going throuh a set of drums analogous to the mushroom cave in Mushroom Gorge.

I’ll nominate Block Fort as is because it seems like the quintessential battle course for the Mario Kart community.
The course icon in Mario Kart DS

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Poochy
Pauline
Funky

Ashley
Paragoomba
Shake King

Mario Circuit 4
Cheep Cheep Lagoon
Peach Beach

Wario Warehouse

Wario Ware pun was not intended, thought a warehouse level would be unique & interesting & that Wario or Waluigi could fit the theming decently. Pretty self explanatory, boxes & equipment would have Wario (& maybe Waluigi) theming, picture there would be some gliding sections as well.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

View attachment 376865

I'll add standard vehicles, thanks for asking.

3DS Cheep Cheep Lagoon
SNES Mario Circuit 4
3DS Wuhu Loop

Poochy
Funky Kong
Pauline

Paragoomba
Cranky Kong
Ashely

View attachment 376884
Kamek's Library
Kamek is finally playable in a mainline Mario Kart game, so to celebrate, I decided that he should have a course all his own to act as our Mushroom Cup finale. The course takes place in an enchanted library run by Toadies. The first straightaway of the course has some Toadies string along in a line, each carrying an item box similar to that item box snake in Snow Land from the Booster Course Pass. During the first half, you have to race around tight turns, avoiding Whomps disguised as bookshelves and more toady snakes, this time containing potions that will spin out your driver when hit. The next big turn has you drive around a giant stack of of books, with some flying like Swoopers to block your driving. However the true gimmick of the course comes when you enter a special door.

Suddenly you're tiny, and you have to spend the next lap on the floor of the library, going under the tables and chairs. In this state, you encounter the now giant Scardey Rats. After going under some tables and chairs you go up to the book mountain from earlier and encounter a cauldron filled with a magic potion, you have to drive around the rim and avoid the Toadies pushing you in the toxic vat. You then enter a zero-gravity segment where more Toadies try to chase after you upon trying to go up the stairs, however once you go to the top you enter the same door you went through when you became tiny.

Now your back to normal size, however the potion has made the rats and Toadies giant as well, so now you have to repeat lap 1 again, but this time with these giant foes, its more cramped and overall more dangerous as a result. A quite unique track to end the Mushroom Cup with, in my opinion.
View attachment 376880
N64 Double Deck
The main addition is a big one: the lower layer is now accessed via an anti-gravity segment underneath the area, that way its both not so confusing to navigate and utilizes more modern mechanics.

Also question, is anyone interested in drawing maps for the Mushroom Cup courses that got in to reflect their descriptions?
1. Pauline
2. Toadette
3. Funky

1. Shake King
2. Paragoomba
3. Ashely

I’ll follow up with the Mario Party Theme and nominate Toadette’s Music Room from Mario Party DS.
MPDSMusicRoomBoard.jpg
I’d see this map with racers first going inside of a saxophone and then be launched out of the saxophone and glide to the next part of the stage. Then, the racers would go a quick session of keyboards like in music park. The lap would end with racers going throuh a set of drums analogous to the mushroom cave in Mushroom Gorge.

I’ll nominate Block Fort as is because it seems like the quintessential battle course for the Mario Kart community.
The course icon in Mario Kart DS
Poochy
Pauline
Funky

Ashley
Paragoomba
Shake King

Mario Circuit 4
Cheep Cheep Lagoon
Peach Beach

Wario Warehouse

Wario Ware pun was not intended, thought a warehouse level would be unique & interesting & that Wario or Waluigi could fit the theming decently. Pretty self explanatory, boxes & equipment would have Wario (& maybe Waluigi) theming, picture there would be some gliding sections as well.
Sorry voting took so long

SNES Mario Circuit 4 will be the 3rd track of the Shell Cup
Pauline will our first returning veteran
Paragoomba will be our first new character

Now onto the new stuff

New Tracks:
Daisy Safari
Kamek's Library
Toadette's Music Room
Wario Warehouse

Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place.

Retro Stadiums:
Wii Funky Stadium
N64 Double Deck
N64 Block Fort

Vote for your top 2, you may vote for your in in 2nd place.

Job #016
Submit a Mario Kart 8 track for the Shell Cup
Interesting story for this idea, I saw Schaffrillas Productions' video on ranking all of Mario Kart Wii's courses and he brought up the concept of a priority retro course, that being courses from the previous Mario Kart game that were a priority to bring back in the next Mario Kart game, in this case the previous game was Mario Kart DS and so every retro cup has a track from DS in that game (Yoshi Fall, Desert Hills, Delfino Square, and Peach Gardens). Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS continued that tradition with the retro courses from Wii (Mushroom Gorge, Coconut Mall, Maple Treeway, and Koopa Kape). So for all the retro cups will will be bringing back a course that debuted in Mario Kart 8, in this case the course will be the finale of the Shell Cup. So the job is to submit a track debuting in Wii U release of Mario Kart 8, so while tracks from that version's DLC cups are allowed the original tracks from the Booster Course Pack are not. Since Mario Kart 8 will be treated a bit differently compared to other games, I want to know why we should justify bringing this course back as a priority. Tell me what updates you may bring to these courses as well, if at all.

Job #017
Submit a costume for Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Bowser
The alternate costume mechanics will return from Mario Kart Tour, and we can choose them. You can only select costumes for Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Bowser, and they can be original costumes, costumes from Mario Kart Tour, or costumes from another spinoff. You can submit one costume per character, for a maximum of four costumes in total. BTW these following costumes are taken so don't submit them:

Mario
  • Metal Mario
  • Gold Mario
  • Tanuki Mario
  • Cat Mario
Luigi
  • Metal Luigi
  • Gold Luigi
  • Kitsune Luigi
  • Cat Luigi
Peach
  • Metal Peach
  • Pink Gold Peach
  • Peachette
  • Tanuki Peach
  • Cat Peach
Bowser
  • Metal Bowser
  • Gold Bowser
  • Tanuki Bowser
  • Meowser
In this game, when you win a certain amount of races, you unlock that racer's metal variant, and when you collect a certain amount of coins as that character, you unlock their gold variant.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Daisy Safari
Kamek's Library
Wario Warehouse

Wii Funky Stadium
N64 Double Deck
1693376629535.png

Wii U Shy Guy Falls
With the addition of half-pipes in the Booster Course Pass, I think they would add to this course a lot, plus its quite iconic due to its epic music, now containing 100% more Shy Guys.

1693376748338.png
1693376824408.png
1693376806704.png
1693376836078.png

Doctor Atires
We should have some themed costumes here and there, so these four will have doctor atires.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sunshine Airport

One of my favorite tracks from MK8, unique theme & nice throwback to Sunshine, would not really change too much other than improved graphics.

Costumes

Vacation Set

Bowser would have an original outfit wearing a snorcle & pool tube

EDIT - Idk why i keep forgetting to vote on this thread

Kamek Library
Wario Warehouse
Toadettes Music Room

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Track Vote
  1. Library
  2. Music Room
  3. Warehouse
Battle Course
  1. Block Fort
  2. Stadium
Job 17: Wii U Electrodrome
MK8-Course-Electrodrome.jpg

One of my favourite Wii U tracks, racing in a neon nightclub is so much fun.

Would look even better with updated graphics.

Costumes
98px-MKT_Artwork_MarioMusician.png

Musician Mario

105px-MKT_Artwork_PenguinLuigi.png

Penguin Luigi

73px-MKT_Artwork_PeachKimono.png

Kimono Peach

Bowser_%28Super_Mario_Odyssey%29.png

Tuxedo Bowser

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Hey, if anyone is interested in making maps for our new tracks, please respond to this text via a reply, I am thinking of doing map-making jobs.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting will continue like normal tommorow, until then get your votes ready for next job.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting is done
Kamek's Library will be the 4th track of the Mushroom Cup, we are now done with our first cup
Wii Funky Stadium will be our first retro battle course
All Costumes will be included, thanks to whoever submitted.

Now we will vote on our first returning Wii U Track:
Sunshine Airport
Shy Guy Falls
Electrodome

For this special occasion, we now have three jobs we can work on.

Job #018
Submit our incarnation of Mario Raceway
Every Flower Cup opens with a Mario Circuit track, its essentially a tradition at this point. However, since the first track is being called Yoshi Raceway, the first track of the Flower Cup will be called Mario Raceway. The job is to describe how you would design this track, it must fit as an incarnation of Mario Circuit/Raceway, and therefore have similar trappings to that archetype, ie take place near Peach's Castle, have a high focus on pipes and Piranha Plants, or take place in a grassland. Despite this, I am open to more creative ideas for this specific incarnation, as long as it fits as a Mario Circuit and has to be called Mario Raceway.

Job #019
Submit a Mario character that debuted in a non-Mario title
The job is simple, submit a character from the Mario series that didn't debut in an actual Mario game, rather one of the character centric spin-offs like Warioware, Yoshi's Island, or Donkey Kong Country, it doesn't matter if they are a veteran or newcomer, as long as they come from a non-Mario game that still takes place in the Mario series their okay. You can submit up to two characters for this job.

Job #020
Submit maps for the tracks of the Mushroom Cup
With our first cup done, why not do some map-making jobs as well. Draw what you think the layout should look like for each of the Mushroom Cup courses, try to be close to the initial post descriptions, but if want to deviate you can as long as you give a good explanation, if not many people are interested it will be a first come, first served type job. Here are the four tracks, again please try to be close to the initial course descriptions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom