• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't mind if Legacy arrives in December if it's pulished. I wouldn't like if they released it today with lots of bugs, sound glitches, crashes, etc.

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Hey, when did Legacy first appear? They might be waiting for an "anniversary" esque release.:gw:

just a thought, seeing as David's comic has to do with him moreso waiting for a specific day.....
I'm speculating about a freggin mod release date like it's National Treasure or something :4gaw:

Last edited:

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't mind if Legacy arrives in December if it's pulished. I wouldn't like if they released it today with lots of bugs, sound glitches, crashes, etc.
I wouldn't mind this either, better something later and finished than something early and buggy, plus if it's in December we can count it as a Christmas gift to everyone

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Hey, when did Legacy first appear? They might be waiting for an "anniversary" esque release.:gw:

just a thought, seeing as David's comic has to do with him moreso waiting for a specific day.....
I'm speculating about a freggin mod release date like it's National Treasure or something :4gaw:
From what I could gather on their tumblr account, they were first active somewhere in June 2013, so unless he's waiting virtually a whole year for the release, an anniversary release is out of the question.

I'm personally hoping to get it as soon as possible - I recently downloaded Dolphin and have two Super Smash Bros. Brawl ROM - one for Project M and the other specifically for this build (f*** the original Brawl).

But if they WERE releasing this next year, the animations of Waluigi, Geno, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Ridley, Young Link, Metal Sonic, and Lucina better be as fluid as Mario Kart 8. Oh, and the Petey Piranha in Project M mod needs to be in there too. https://smashboards.com/threads/petey-piranha-for-project-m-5-done.437352/

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
From what I could gather on their tumblr account, they were first active somewhere in June 2013, so unless he's waiting virtually a whole year for the release, an anniversary release is out of the question.

I'm personally hoping to get it as soon as possible - I recently downloaded Dolphin and have two Super Smash Bros. Brawl ROM - one for Project M and the other specifically for this build (f*** the original Brawl).

But if they WERE releasing this next year, the animations of Waluigi, Geno, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Ridley, Young Link, Metal Sonic, and Lucina better be as fluid as Mario Kart 8. Oh, and the Petey Piranha in Project M mod needs to be in there too. https://smashboards.com/threads/petey-piranha-for-project-m-5-done.437352/
...Petey Piranha? seriously? care to fill me in as to why he 'needs' to be in it? i'm generally wondering

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
...Petey Piranha? seriously? care to fill me in as to why he 'needs' to be in it? i'm generally wondering
If Waluigi (and Shadow and Little Mac too, but they're not in this build [yet]) can move from an Assist Trophy to a character, then Petey can move from a boss to a character. Heck, Ridley is in here, too.

But as I said, if the release were to be that long away, Petey could definitely be included. I'm not saying he 'needs' to be in, but lord knows I'M installing him in my copy of the build if they don't.

By the way, is that ALL you took from my post?

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
If Waluigi (and Shadow and Little Mac too, but they're not in this build [yet]) can move from an Assist Trophy to a character, then Petey can move from a boss to a character. Heck, Ridley is in here, too.

But as I said, if the release were to be that long away, Petey could definitely be included. I'm not saying he 'needs' to be in, but lord knows I'M installing him in my copy of the build if they don't.

By the way, is that ALL you took from my post?
it's was the only thing that i was wondering about from it

Junior42O

Smash Rookie

Zeldas anniversary?

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
"When's XP coming out?"
"I can't wait for XP!"
"Guys guys! XP is gonna come out *insert date here*!"
"I hope *insert mod here* appears in XP!"
"WHERE'S XP!?"

This thread in a nutshell.

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
"When's XP coming out?"
"I can't wait for XP!"
"Guys guys! XP is gonna come out *insert date here*!"
"I hope *insert mod here* appears in XP!"
"WHERE'S XP!?"

This thread in a nutshell.
you forgot the people who keep telling everyone else to shut the hell up

*seriously holding back on so many things i want to say*

Last edited:

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Everyone's going to not notice the mods been out for days because we're all checking the most recent comments and not the first page. :4wario2:

DraminOver

Smash Rookie
A pre-release would be cool... so we can play it even if it has bugs... just to have something to do while we wait for the full release... and we could report bugs to help create a perfect release... but i know is definitely NOT going to happen.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Everyone's going to not notice the mods been out for days because we're all checking the most recent comments and not the first page. :4wario2:
Uhh... the title... look at it.:4pacman:
A pre-release would be cool... so we can play it even if it has bugs... just to have something to do while we wait for the full release... and we could report bugs to help create a perfect release... but i know is definitely NOT going to happen.
Wouldn't we be doing that in the full release? Unless this is the final product of Legacy as a whole, wouldn't we still be giving him suggestions for mods and giving him **** for forgetting to fix bugs?:4roy:
I'm pretty sure Big N will kill it before it can get released. Or Donald Trump.
Most likely the former. Surprised Nintendo hasn't shut down Brawl mods as a whole yet.:4robinf:

And another thing, he could be aiming for November 17, since that was the European release of the original Super Smash Bros.

Great, now NichoMania NichoMania has got me doing it.:gawmelee::gw::4gaw::yeahboi:

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
Most likely the former. Surprised Nintendo hasn't shut down Brawl mods as a whole yet.
They haven't done that because they can't.

A game is different than a mod, so copyright (I'm pretty sure.) doesn't effect them. Not to mention that you have to own the game in the first place to install and play the with the mods.

If anything, Brawl Modding just entices people to keep buying the game, even if it's really old. It'd be a stupid business decision for Nintendo to shut down Brawl Modding, as then there will be almost no reason for people to buy the game now.

Last edited:

Gaster

Smash Rookie
I would like to play Project M Legacy through netplay, Is it possible that I can use the Project M iso builder on this, or will there be an alternative?

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Man, David needs to work on his site, it doesn't even have "Where's XP?" in the FAQ. :4wario2:WAHAHA

Shren

Smash Journeyman

A game is different than a mod, so copyright (I'm pretty sure.) doesn't effect them. Not to mention that you have to own the game in the first place to install and play the with the mods.

If anything, Brawl Modding just entices people to keep buying the game, even if it's really old. It'd be a stupid business decision for Nintendo to shut down Brawl Modding, as then there will be almost no reason for people to buy the game now.
yet it didn't stop what happened to project m

TheBoat

Smash Cadet
I would like to play Project M Legacy through netplay, Is it possible that I can use the Project M iso builder on this, or will there be an alternative?
If the maker of the build doesn't post a netplay build (sd.raw), it's quite easy to make one yourself and then give it to the people you want to play netplay with. Just download WinISO, make a copy of your regular PM sd.raw and open it in WinISO. Then delete the files in that sd.raw using WinISO and then click "Inject A Folder" and inject the PM Legacy XP folder into the sd.raw. I think you have to make sure that each player has this exact sd.raw because WinISO seems to not make the virtual SDs exactly the same each time.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

*cough*Project M*cough*:dk2:
Project M wasn't taken down by Nintendo directly.

They were just afraid that Nintendo WOULD do such a thing. (Which was stupid.)
Yet true. Project M was actually surpassing Brawl in terms of tournaments, and Nintendo were ABOUT to press charges against the PMDT before they shut down. They dodged a bullet there.:rosalina:
You wouldn't say it was that stupid if you could imagine the consequences of a PMDT v. Nintendo trial.
I think that the dev team would be charged more than 2 million if that happened.:joyful:
Man, David needs to work on his site, it doesn't even have "Where's XP?" in the FAQ. :4wario2:WAHAHA
Pretty sure that thread is on the wrong site, if you know what I mean.:seuss:

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
Yet true. Project M was actually surpassing Brawl in terms of tournaments, and Nintendo were ABOUT to press charges against the PMDT before they shut down. They dodged a bullet there.
Proof? 'Cause as far as I know, Nintendo were not about to do it.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110

Check the first post in this thread...

Last edited: