• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

migle

Smash Rookie
It would be awesome to see Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia in a future update.

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Aside from that Lucas thing, can anyone tell me what coding is messed up, just so we have some sort of stance on whether it's something big like incorporating a big character mod/PSA like PG, or, if it's just "oh sh&^ this skin crashes the game on this map, better fix that!" x11?

DarkSimorgh

Smash Cadet
I'm sure there's a number of things. Pretty much all builds have these problems. Soon as this comes out though I'm canning the stage list. I'll never play them all. :p

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
I do hope there's at least a reskin for young link that gives him the deku shield/kokiri sword back... because everytime I see the hylian shield on young link I just think he has to guard like this...

but that's just me being nitpicky.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
I don't think geno is lacking at all tbh. Played him since before PM was popular, and forgot he existed for the longest time after the fact. He's just a clean character. Don't understand people's problem with him.
his back throw up throw and down throw didnt work properly before i made edits @_@... i loved the moveset but them throws were baaad. down b was uselesss

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
speaking of movesets, are the Little Mac and Megaman PSA/characters being looked at for the second release of XP? I specifically played as them in Smash bros infinite and they seemed almost completely the same as their Sm4sh counterparts, so that seems great for balancing! (sorry for the ambiguity as to which PSAs I'm talking about, I honestly don't know which ones Infinite used)

DarkSimorgh

Smash Cadet
his back throw up throw and down throw didnt work properly before i made edits @_@... i loved the moveset but them throws were baaad. down b was uselesss
I get that, but i didn't noticed anything myself but it might have just been because I haven't played him in forever. That being said, his core moves is pretty solid. Don't remember if it's his fair or Bair but I remember loving how that one move operated like ROB in a sense, where it effected his moveset. Might dl ALMAS build to play him a bit. Is that any different from the functionality of the original Geno?

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
I do hope there's at least a reskin for young link that gives him the deku shield/kokiri sword back... because everytime I see the hylian shield on young link I just think he has to guard like this...

but that's just me being nitpicky.
most of those Young Link modes are based of of Majora's Mask Link hence why he has the Razor Sword and the Hero's Shield in those modes

Szion

Smash Journeyman
I get that, but i didn't noticed anything myself but it might have just been because I haven't played him in forever. That being said, his core moves is pretty solid. Don't remember if it's his fair or Bair but I remember loving how that one move operated like ROB in a sense, where it effected his moveset. Might dl ALMAS build to play him a bit. Is that any different from the functionality of the original Geno?
oh yeah other than his throws and down b FANTASTIC gameplay. except side b was too slow. still loved him to death

yeah if u download alm's latest itll contain my updated geno but nothing is drastically out of the old playstyle. same stuff
changelog

up air base knockback 10>23
nair smashDI multiplier reduced
side b speed increased
down b speed slightly increased, damage increased, deals hefty shield damage. last hit sends downward and out.
back throw: consistent kb on initial throw to chain into separated hands. kill throw
up throw. more consistent throw angles and kb to better chain into the gunshots
down throw: angle changed, knockback is now actually present. can be a combo throw

im going to take some dmg away from down throw tho. 11 is to much. 6 or 7 will be more appropriate

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
LXP Cancelled!!!

Last edited:

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i hope they release it a month after they can release it just to see the different ways people will whine about it

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
haven't seen a more impatient community than this
It's more based on the fact that the community, I myself included, is used to the awesome trailers david and his crew make coming out at the same time or at least a couple days in advance of the actual release, hence why we're still here refreshing this page daily. :4wario2:

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
It's more based on the fact that the community, I myself included, is used to the awesome trailers david and his crew make coming out at the same time or at least a couple days in advance of the actual release, hence why we're still here refreshing this page daily. :4wario2:
I refresh every hour

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever wanted to cuss someone so, so, SOOOO badly, but knew you couldn't because you shouldn't?

This is that.

Also will this work on Dolphin?
there will be a dolphin version coming alongside a console version soon tm

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Hey, uh, David. yeah, uh...you. No, not that David. THAT David. :mario64:

Can you confirm or deny whether the wuhu plane ride stage and it's freggin' awesome chorus song from Sm4sh is in XP or not....

David, you there?

David?

... Extra note: so retro mode, does it change PSA's into n64 styled movesets now that you have the original RetroMode project incorporated. Also, you mentioned how even the original characters of PM will get changed, much to many commenters chagrin on the main site, but you didn't really answer them there, so...any responses here?

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Skins, SFX, 5 new characters being Waluigi, Ridley, Geno, Metal Sonic, and Lucina, and over 700 stages.
He was talking about retro mode.
Also,I personally think the Soon TM thing is getting a too annoying at this point. :/
Blame bugs and glitches that are getting fixed and delaying the release, much to everyone's dismay. Saying soon tm is now an inside joke for everyone on the discord.

Top Bottom