• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
This is bull-crap. The instructions say I need at least a 4GB SDHC card, when you really need a 8GB SDHC card. -_-

I don't even have a flipping 8GB SDHC card. -_-

Nintega94

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nintega94
:kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::kirby64::luigi64::falcon64::samus64::pikachu64::fox64::kirby64::mario64::ness64::jigglypuff64::yoshi64::mky::norfair::npc::spearpillar::shadowmoses::4fox::4fox::4myfriends::4feroy::4miisword::4rob::smash::seuss::crying::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::disco::mad088::yeahboi::shiro::beezo::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::pikachu:It is.

Speaking of Nintendo, anyone heard of the recent DMCAs Nintendo released on 500+ fangames? I hope SSF2 and SSB Crusade will stay alive.
They didn't directly take down Project M, because let's face it, they would've lost all credibility. I think they're gonna do to those games like they did with project m, & just ask TOs to not stream their tournaments & slowly make them less popular. It worked for PM, why wouldn't it work now? Then the fans of those games would also switch to hitbox.

Nintega94

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nintega94
When's the Hackless Version coming out? I can't use dolphin for anything brawl or pm related right now, & My Wii U isn't set for Homebrew right now. I've been exclusively been doing brawl/pm mods through the stage builder method alone.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I'm having some problems in Windows 10...

1) I cannot put the Legacy XP folder wherever I want. If I try, a message pops up and tells me the directory name is too long. So, ok, I put it over the desktop... but this is not what I would like...

2) Cannot execute those Dolphin builds. It says it won't start because there's no MSVCP140.dll file in my PC. EDIT: I solved it by downloading the .dll file it requested.

Last edited:

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Young Link has ALTTP skin! AND HAS THE PINK HAIR! YEEESSS!!!!

oh wait, I still need to catch up on my Calculus II....... ....... ...... *sniffle*........ :warioc:

Malandrix

Smash Rookie
Anyone know how to deal with dolphin crashing after choosing play then as soon as the Legacy logo pops up it crashes.

Last edited:

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Welp, I got a 4GB SD Card, but it is really only contains 3.68 GB of storage and the actual game is a little over 4 GB... Still excited though, I'm just going to have to wait a bit longer to get a bigger SD card.

tytry8

Smash Rookie
I'm having some problems in Windows 10...

1) I cannot put the Legacy XP folder wherever I want. If I try, a message pops up and tells me the directory name is too long. So, ok, I put it over the desktop... but this is not what I would like...

2) Cannot execute those Dolphin builds. It says it won't start because there's no MSVCP140.dll file in my PC. EDIT: I solved it by downloading the .dll file it requested.
How did you get it set up in dolphin? I'm having trouble figuring things out

MCUltima

Smash Rookie
The game lags a bit at the CSS and choosing Roy/Mewtwo plays the Mewtwo/Roy announcer clip, but besides that, this is perfect.
Edit: aaaaaand my Wii crashed with item rain lmao

Last edited:

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
The game lags a bit at the CSS and choosing Roy/Mewtwo plays the Mewtwo/Roy announcer clip, but besides that, this is perfect.
Edit: aaaaaand my Wii crashed with item rain lmao
But hey man, it's BETA than nothing! :4wario2:

in fact it's beta than a lot of other things to! :warioc:

P.S. I didn't see a second character slot for Oot Ganondorf and can't test it do to Calc II HW, was it PGanondorf that had the code that needed sprucing up?
Also is Retro Mode implemented/changing the PSA's to be N64 like? :gw:

armyman12345

Smash Apprentice
Is there anyway to play this on a usb loader?

EDIT: I'm using usb loader GX

The same method I used for Project M 3.6/Legacy 1.3 isn't working. I've put the code files in the directories. I renamed "RSBEXP" to RSBE01 and still nope. Any help would be wanted

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
is the homebrew download stable using the Letterbomb method?
also, can you upload an alternative mirror because the Wii version's download has exceeded quota

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Is there a way to put this on Dolphin with Linux? Because I don't think my Wii U is up for something like this yet, and my Windows computer is being borrowed for the next few months.

Endless22

Smash Rookie
A bunch of you are saying it's over 4 gigs but the mirror link I downloaded on the Brawl vault for the Wii version is only 2.3 gigs?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Very excited to try this out... that is, whenever it actually finishes downloading from the torrent.

Last edited:

Ridley69

Smash Rookie
Please help me...

I can't get this mod working... I think there is a problem with musics...

My game freezes everytime I go to my music, or to the css so I can't play :s

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
Okay, I got a new SDHC card (That's over 8 Gigs.) and I finally got to play the mod. So here are two bugs I noticed.

There's a bit of lag on the CSS when you switch through characters and their costumes.

Most of Geno's animations/SFX's are invisible and bugged.

Also, I wanted to ask: Do you plan on adding Kirby Hats for the newcomers? (Besides Waluigi, who already has one.)

Meuha

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, first thing : this the the most amazing mod i've seen for smash, this is so good !! :D

I have a question tho : does everyone noticed that the timing for wavedashing has changed ?? It is a bit slower, made me miss everyone of them at the start..

Thought the game was build with pm 3.6, does this mean they had to do somes changes ??

I feel like its a buffer matter, but not quite sure yet.

Is it done on purpose ?

Thanks for the answers guys, this is still amazing

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
Really excited to try out the beta tonight! I'll be sure to tell any bugs/problems I have with it and ask if anyone is experiencing any of the problems themselves

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Anyone got a mirror to the Wii build that isn't a torrent? that one's really slow for me (120-150KB/s), and I couldn't download it earlier...

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
Okay, I got a new SDHC card (That's over 8 Gigs.) and I finally got to play the mod. So here are two bugs I noticed.

There's a bit of lag on the CSS when you switch through characters and their costumes.

Most of Geno's animations/SFX's are invisible and bugged.

Also, I wanted to ask: Do you plan on adding Kirby Hats for the newcomers? (Besides Waluigi, who already has one.)

Update: Okay, so the Geno thing seems to work now. It maybe because they just don't show up on certain stages.

Anyway, I want to know. Is there an alternative way for selecting the Z button or the B button stages?
'Cause I'm using a Wii U and I have no GameCube controller adapter (I'm using a Classic Controller Pro btw.) and whenever I press B on the SSS, then it exits out of the SSS, making it impossible to select the B button stages.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Update: Okay, so the Geno thing seems to work now. It maybe because they just don't show up on certain stages.

Anyway, I want to know. Is there an alternative way for selecting the Z button or the B button stages?
'Cause I'm using a Wii U and I have no GameCube controller adapter (I'm using a Classic Controller Pro btw.) and whenever I press B on the SSS, then it exits out of the SSS, making it impossible to select the B button stages.
you haft to select the stage and then hold B to load that varient

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
And the Alt. Skins doesn't work for me either!
Does the Classic Pro controller just not work for this mod? If so, that's BS in my opinion. 'Cause I don't have any normal classic controllers, nor a Gamecube controller adapter.

Catar

Smash Rookie
Anyone got a mirror to the Wii build that isn't a torrent? that one's really slow for me (120-150KB/s), and I couldn't download it earlier...
If you haven't yet, try the torrent again. I added a seedbox and plenty other seeders have hopped on now.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Many things to comment here:

1) This modpack is gorgeous! Thanks David and every single person involved in the project. Amazing!!

2) Every time I play a match, the song title is empty. I mean, there's the text box with the music note, but no text. Bug?

3) If I try to go to listen to music, some melodies make the game to go 15-20 fps.

4) If I try to go to listen to music, some texts are wrong (specially those that should show the name of the series).

5) I think there are some stages not available... Is it true? I mean, many of the stages portraits suggest there are alt stages I can't access. Am I doing anything wrong? Or is it just because it's a beta?

6) I think some alt costumes (i.e. Crupier Luigi, Wario Land costumes) are missing. They won't be here this time? Or just because it's a beta?

7) Can't believe how good is Lucina now. In Smash 4, she's kinda useless character because she's actually sweetspotless-Marth.

8) Ridley, Waluigi, Geno and Metal Sonic are tremendous additions! Incredibly good!

9) Not so sure about Pichu, Young Link and Dr. Mario... Is it possible that you guys make them a little bit more different from Pikachu, Link and Mario in later versions?

Top Bottom