• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Alright so everyone listen up:

This week the biweekly is FRIDAY ONLY. This is so people can go to CYGAMZ on Saturday.

Agenda for Friday:

5 PM - Smashfest begins!

8 PM - $10 Doubles ($5 per person)

10 PM - $5 Singles

1 AM - Crew Battle

---This event is drug and alchohol free---

People are welcome to stay the night and then carpool to CYGAMZ the next day. CYGAMZ is a $20 singles tournament that is only a couple of miles away. Should be big money. Last time it was a doubles tournament and Bowyer and Anther walked away with how much? Close to a grand right?

Anyways, the videos will be coming later this week. Summer school is finally over and I actually have free time on my hands. So vids for RB3 and RB4 will be up soon.

That is all.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yay! Looking forward to the vids.

Panda, did you say you were going to Vayseth's this Thursday? And by that did you mean his place at Sterling Heights?

rofa

Smash Journeyman
lol do u ever sleep?

we playin smash 2morrow ya?

wait, i mean 2day

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hell yeah. I got nothing to do and I don't feel like buying my books, so I need to get my Smash on while I still can.

And Ankoku, I'm living with Vayseth now ^_^ (in his Ann Arbor apartment that is)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Aw, Ann Arbor still...? Well, I might try to make it sometime Thursday if Vayseth is okay with it, or Rofa's on Friday, since I can't go to the tourney.

caymon

Smash Rookie
eh 10 is a bit late since I have work early saturday, but I'll probably come anyway.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Well, its not like Vayseth is having some sort of event on Thursday, but you're free to come if you'd like. It'll be me, Vayseth, Omni, and Rofa. We're just gonna Smash it up before the smashfest on Friday. There is room for 2 more people to sleep here comfortably, so we have the room if you decide to sleep over. Although if its either Thursday or Friday, then do the smashfest without a doubt ^_^

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
sweet, tae comin over friday so he probably comin to the friday/cygamz wit me. thats if any1 even knows who tae is...

D_B_S

Smash Lord
SO THAX U TAKING ME TO PYS GAMES OR WAT???

Also...................My wirless is up

1375 8608 8536 add me and I play whoeva

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can't make it on Friday, sadly.

When's the soonest I can show up to Vayseth's?

Jetted

Smash Rookie
hey sween thread, love to join the biweekly cr3w.

name: arvizu
i think i play with some style but it would be great to see how the tier 1 pros do it.

props to rofa for the vidz on youtube. good to see some really good tourney action rather can some ****ed up kid on acid style vidz

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I can't make it on Friday, sadly.

When's the soonest I can show up to Vayseth's?
Whenever our classes end on Thursday. Mine ends at 12:30 or 3 (depending on if I drop a class) but I'm not sure about Vayseth.

lain

Smash Master
JETTED what's up. where do you live? definitely get down here to these bi-weeklies. EVERYONE SHOULD.

panda.... i am definitely coming over tomorrow to **** you with bowser MUAHAHA.

that is all.

:colorful:

Jetted

Smash Rookie
JETTED what's up. where do you live? definitely get down here to these bi-weeklies. EVERYONE SHOULD.

panda.... i am definitely coming over tomorrow to **** you with bowser MUAHAHA.

that is all.

:colorful:
Cadillac Heights, prolly a good hour from ann arb. These events sound pretty big... Is there enough room on the weekends there? I was just thinkin' maybe I could pitch a fort or something.

lain

Smash Master
Yeah dude we have people who travel from Kentucky to play here sooooo COME!

they're moderately big. we used to have 40+ people at brawl tourneys. Now it's usually around 20. There's always room so definitely come. There's also housing here for people who come a long way and it's pretty great.

OH AND THERE'S A COKE MACHINE SO YOU GET DRINKS FOR 50 CENTS OMFG.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
All I know is that michigan people don't travel outside of michigan. >:\

lain

Smash Master
soooo... i regret to inform, but i went to the secretary of state today to get the dates for how soon i can get a license, and it's 30 days. i don't know if that's a definite amount or not, but god **** it florida is like 8 days before that. which is ridiculous.

i can however get a permit by... tomorrow. but i don't know if i can use that with non-parents.

;_; loopholes PLZ

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Better idea: Don't give the police a god**** reason to pull you over.

dingding

Smash Ace
actually lain if u have a permit ur not allowed to drive out of states and if you get ur 1st liscence which is a new thing they have.. the 1st liscence you can drive around the state and when ur 18 or 21 i forget, you get ur 2nd liscneces and u can drive out of states. I just took drivers ed so its fresh in my brain

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Hey my friend and I are thinking about going to this (we live around Lansing so the drive is only 45 mins or so) and I was wondering how we sign up for the big tournament that's on saturday...?

dingding

Smash Ace
umm you just drive to the showcase cinema and you register there and they give u a braclet and all

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Yeah we are going to Rofa's for sure. We played in melee tournaments a decent amount so this will be our first Brawl tourney!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Btw, Ankoku and Lain, anytime after 4 tomorrow is good with Vayseth. 3 straight days of smashing is going to totally wreck me. I need to start and finish a book by monday :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
SCOTU says he's planning to come too, maybe record some matches.

With any luck, I'll be able to practice my secret sideboard tech vs Snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom