• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ankoku and I have AMAZING Sheiks! (sets 2 and 3 posted)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Thanks for recording these guys. I was just thinking about how the forums have slowed down lately and that its too bad no one plays sheik, cuz we get no videos. On pretty much any board theres new vids coming in in what seems like nonstop.

Ryoko that's a nice showcase of how the chain can be used, situationally as it is. I was thinking that I wouldn't bother with using it, with jacketing too hard/risky and chainlocking too punishable. But tipping it at specific spacing seems pretty good.

Ankoku, you seemed less confident in your gameplay. If I may be so bold, I would say to clam down and take a deep breath. But I'm glad I saw some Zelda D-Smashes, lol.

You guys both rock <3

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ryoko that's a nice showcase of how the chain can be used, situationally as it is. I was thinking that I wouldn't bother with using it, with jacketing too hard/risky and chainlocking too punishable. But tipping it at specific spacing seems pretty good.
Ryoko is an artist with the chain. He is the one who discovered everything about it, after all.

Ankoku, you seemed less confident in your gameplay. If I may be so bold, I would say to clam down and take a deep breath. But I'm glad I saw some Zelda D-Smashes, lol.
Haha, when I make a mistake Ryoko will not hesitate to tilt lock me, occasionally to death, so perhaps I played a little too cautiously. And I got tilt locked anyway.. >_<

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
3rd match had some monster lag, i reset my youtube page lol.

I still dont understand how the tilts were so fast x_x Everytime i try its always alot slower xD
try timing it instead of mashing it? i think thats the way to go.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Your Sheiks are good.

Ankoku seems to have trouble sometimes recovering with Vanish. Timing it right is everything when someone is edge-hogging.

I believe both of you, I may be wrong, it was hard to tell - both had 5 letter names and youtube is bad quality vids - need some practice with Zelda. You're good at KOing but the approaches and close combat was rather weak.

You're great with the f-tilts and spot-dodges. Some of the finest work I've seen.

I noticed you never approach a transforming Zelda/Sheik. There is a brief period after the transformation where Shelda is completely vulnerable to attack. Perfect time for sheildgrab, imo.

Ryoko, great job with the NL and beautiful Din work. I would have liked to see more spikes though. You had lots of opportunities in one of the matches. I believe it was the Lylat one (?).

Ankoku, good job on the aerials > jabs, and f-tilts > U-smash.

Hmm, from what I recall, Ryoko's strength is in the specials and Ank's is the attacks. Perhaps you two can learn from eachother.

Anyhow, apart from that stuff, excellent vids.

Exile724

Smash Cadet
They are good but I think switching is overrated, for starters you spend time getting better at Zelda that you could have spent on Sheik not to mention that it takes time to transform.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
They are good but I think switching is overrated, for starters you spend time getting better at Zelda that you could have spent on Sheik not to mention that it takes time to transform.
Yes, but switching has its advantages as well. Zelda is easier to KO with. Also, learnig both is good because you may get a match up that favors one or the other. *is playing captain obvious*

Thanks great leon. Timing the tilts was my issue :laugh:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You can tell Ryoko plays a lot more Zelda than Ankoku does, your getting a lot better with Zelda than you were a couple months ago Ankoku:). I really enjoyed viewing the vids though, hope too see a bunch more!

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
oh, i normally jam it cause my first thought is usually "the faster i press, the higher my chances are of getting it right. Thanks a bunch ^^ I'll go try it out.
i know for tilt-locking falco you have to time it. i would assume that trying harder wouldn't hurt in other situations.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
You are not to ever approach a Transform right off the respawn platform unless you like attacking invincible people for some reason.

Also, while chainlocking and chain jacketing are both high risk moves, the SH Chain is quite safe and overall very useful since it always provides hitstun no matter where you connect with it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Also, while chainlocking and chain jacketing are both high risk moves, the SH Chain is quite safe and overall very useful since it always provides hitstun no matter where you connect with it.
Ohhh! no wonder. thanks! i always thought it was a dumb move but trying this out, it actually does help a bit haha. just gotta connect >_<

Exile724

Smash Cadet
Yes, but switching has its advantages as well. Zelda is easier to KO with. Also, learnig both is good because you may get a match up that favors one or the other. *is playing captain obvious*

Thanks great leon. Timing the tilts was my issue :laugh:
You make a good point there I completely forgot about the matchups my stupid mistake there, I'll have to look into getting better with Zelda thanks for pointing that out.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i love you, ryokoyaksa. you're confidence is awesome (as is your sheik and zelda)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thread title is just tooooo popular.

You and Ankoku
DeLoRtEd1 and I
VaNz and Crismas (Original.)

Awesome vids btw

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You are not to ever approach a Transform right off the respawn platform unless you like attacking invincible people for some reason.

you would be surprised how many people try that against me.... even though they KNOW I'm going to be invincible

Top Bottom