• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime North May 25-27 2007 Toronto, ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yayyyyyyy Anime North was good...
I SHOULD be entering, considering the fact that I make it there on time, since coming from Guelph isn't the fastest thing there is...
What annoyed me last year was alll of the over crowded noobs there were last year.. not to be offensive, but it's hard to have a competitive time with those who are serious...
I also remember some really serious players losing to noobs by accident and having no chance to make it back.. since it was a one round thingg...
Oh well, I can't complain since it's an open tourney, but watch out for me =D

Lano, I'm pretty sure it was you I played at the Clash of the Sauga free plays?
I was the Fox that was holding its own before I fell into a stupid rest >____<... and got owned by your samus.. but then countered and won with Marth lool... I tiiiiiiink it was you =D sry if I'm wrong XD

Anyways, see you all at AN this Sat.
Heyy Summoned Fist!!

Haha, ofcourse I remember you. Bring the whole Guelph crew man, I wanna play with you guys since I didn't even get the chance to play in CotS!. I'm really looking forward to this tournament :00

I'm coming to AN, but I probably wont go to the tournament.

I'll just cheer TyrantWolf and Lanowen on.
kay do atleast one of these two.

1. Put on a sexy outfit with "Rawr, Sexy Adnan" on the shirt

or

2. Bring sexy chicks that'll smuther me in kisses for every downsmash I make.

Do these, I think I might just forgive you for being gay and playing with Marth. XDDD

On a more serious note, it'd be nice if you'd participate. n00bcake.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Ouch Lano, that hurts,... lol jokez

This tourney better not drag on too long... cuz last year I realised I missed quite a lot of exciting stuff around the convention... I'm an anime fan 8-) lol
I remember last year, my number got lost in the making of the brackets... they didn't call my number for about 2 hours... and I went up to them and they're like... "my bad... here's your opponent" *random selects a person* lol...
improvization >___>

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
You gotta be there, unfortz.

You can sign up I think Friday 5ish6ish for 1st 40 spots then at 9 another 40-50.

But you can sign up for the Saturday. But you'll have to wait up in line.

Guys, did I tell you what happened to me and a friend of mine last year? We were in line for the Saturday spots.

Me and Matt: *walk up after each guy passes*

*couple people later*

*we're next in line*

Sorry, we have officially filled up for the tournament

Me and Matt: ....

Matt: This is ****ing Bull****!

Me: You're telling me

But people didn't show up so we got their spots, and I kicked *** happily ever after :]]]]

OMG FOGEL IS COMING TOO!? (Sorry, a lot of lag. A LOT)

Effing MM man!!

$4 Sheik vs Peach bo5?!

J.L

Smash Ace
oooo right... MM
ppl bring ur loonies and toonies...

Its just that I dont realy want to go to AN just to register. Do you think ill make it if I start lining up at 10am on sat? what time did u line up last yr?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
oooo right... MM
ppl bring ur loonies and toonies...

Its just that I dont realy want to go to AN just to register. Do you think ill make it if I start lining up at 10am on sat? what time did u line up last yr?
It still was pretty big even when we made it there at 10ish. I say better safe than sorry man.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Heyy Summoned Fist!!

Haha, ofcourse I remember you. Bring the whole Guelph crew man, I wanna play with you guys since I didn't even get the chance to play in CotS!. I'm really looking forward to this tournament :00

kay do atleast one of these two.

1. Put on a sexy outfit with "Rawr, Sexy Adnan" on the shirt

or

2. Bring sexy chicks that'll smuther me in kisses for every downsmash I make.

Do these, I think I might just forgive you for being gay and playing with Marth. XDDD

On a more serious note, it'd be nice if you'd participate. n00bcake.
How about 3. MONEY MATCH

...I'm going to have to borrow a controller. ">_>

Fogel

Smash Lord
OMG FOGEL IS COMING TOO!? (Sorry, a lot of lag. A LOT)

Effing MM man!!

$4 Sheik vs Peach bo5?!
I should be there, I may not play in the tourney if it's as crowded and big as last time though. Waiting 2 hours between matches to play really sucked.

As for the MM; I'm not sure why you want to MM me right off the bat, but I accept.

Iron Chef Hyrule

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, sorry for not posting in this thread for a while.

I made minor changes to the sign up rules to move more of the slots to Saturday:
Players 1-50: Friday May 25 at 5pm
Players 51 - 80: Friday Friday May 25 at 9pm
Players 81-128: Saturday Friday May 26 10:00am

Since we're in a seperate hotel and it's a long tournament, I don't expect the tournament to fill up.

I'm at AN now, they screwed up the printed schedule a bit, but I'm not surprised. The tournament is stated correctly, but they didn't put in the sign up times. The Friday sign up will be with the rest of video gaming in the Renaissance, in the Muskoka rooms 2&3. Saturday sign up and the tournament will be in the Renaissance in the Ambrosia room.

The printed schedule says All-night gaming is only on Saturday in the Doubletree, which is wrong.
Friday All-night gaming will take place in the Renaissance in the Muskoka rooms 2&3, but will be much smaller than Saturday's all night gaming.
Saturday All-night gaming is also in the Renaissance in the Ambrosia room.

TyrantWolf, sure I'll try and help you with a doubles tournament during all night gaming. We're not certain what we'll have available for all night gaming, so I can't confirm anything for you yet, it should work out though.

And a reminder, we're not allowed to have tournaments for money like I said before. If any staff see people playing for money we have to stop it.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Hey guys, sorry for not posting in this thread for a while.

I made minor changes to the sign up rules to move more of the slots to Saturday:
Players 1-50: Friday May 25 at 5pm
Players 51 - 80: Friday Friday May 25 at 9pm
Players 81-128: Saturday Friday May 26 10:00am

Since we're in a seperate hotel and it's a long tournament, I don't expect the tournament to fill up.

I'm at AN now, they screwed up the printed schedule a bit, but I'm not surprised. The tournament is stated correctly, but they didn't put in the sign up times. The Friday sign up will be with the rest of video gaming in the Renaissance, in the Muskoka rooms 2&3. Saturday sign up and the tournament will be in the Renaissance in the Ambrosia room.

The printed schedule says All-night gaming is only on Saturday in the Doubletree, which is wrong.
Friday All-night gaming will take place in the Renaissance in the Muskoka rooms 2&3, but will be much smaller than Saturday's all night gaming.
Saturday All-night gaming is also in the Renaissance in the Ambrosia room.

TyrantWolf, sure I'll try and help you with a doubles tournament during all night gaming. We're not certain what we'll have available for all night gaming, so I can't confirm anything for you yet, it should work out though.

And a reminder, we're not allowed to have tournaments for money like I said before. If any staff see people playing for money we have to stop it.

Fair, no tournaments for money. But MMs will be in the down low. Or maybe, I'll challenge them in ma room.

Yavarice

Dreadnought
BRoomer
Hm, wish I poked my head in here earlier. I won't embarass myself by entering but I'll come by and say hi to the SWFers. =P

Encubed

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! This is Dany, I MC-ed the tourney last weekend. It was amazing to see such a great turnout again. Anyhow, I'm looking for Adnan who helped us run the tourneys and was going to give me some more info on events in the area. Adnan, I think I got the wrong spelling of the contact information you gave me on that slip of paper. Is Adnan TyrantWolf? Could someone PM me with the info? Thanks!

Iron Chef Hyrule

Smash Rookie
Just as Encubed said, the tournament worked out perfectly. The A/V guys were a great help, we got up early along with them to make sure things worked out. The HUGE projector screens, wireless microphone and the tio software made it go very smoothly.

For anyone who was there, the guy who's technically in charge of gaming requested that the room be split in half and that's how it was Saturday at 9:00am.

I'm pretty sure most of us had fun running it, and we may do it again next year as long as we don't have to deal with the person who was above us this year.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I came second :(
If only you daired instead of faired at last last moment.

And it was nice to meet you in person Tyrantwolf.
I shall make sure the next time we meet though, you will be the one a few dollars short. ;)

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha Neal. It wasn't a large tournament with too many SWFers. Do you still want it anyway? Would you like results of our upcoming tournaments?
Yes and yes. I like any and all tournament results :). It makes the site that much more useful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom