• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Police Station
2. Hallucination

Hanamichi Sakuragi (Slam Dunk)
1677959869567.jpeg

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Hello everybody! Long time not being here I know, I was quite troubled with my personal life and decided to have other projects in priority over this one, but now I think I can go back to normal here so tell me, do you want to continue this thread? What class of ideas do you have? We should just reanudate with what we have or go to a new thread and reset this for make a better plan? Whatever you want, send it here!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Hello everybody! Long time not being here I know, I was quite troubled with my personal life and decided to have other projects in priority over this one, but now I think I can go back to normal here so tell me, do you want to continue this thread? What class of ideas do you have? We should just reanudate with what we have or go to a new thread and reset this for make a better plan? Whatever you want, send it here!
I say we continue this thread as is.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, the winner clearly is continue, so today's job is vote!
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 3!

My votes:
  1. Spike​
  2. Vash​
  3. Inuyasha​
I feel these 3 are a must, I was thinking in Hanamichi too especially for give more variety to the roster but I was thinking that a Spokon themed job would be funny and even if that doesn't mean that he shouldn't won this round I think he can still have another oportunity.

Today I wouldn't post a job perse, only voting, thought suggestions for what we can do next are still open and well received!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I feel like all of the choices provided for this job are essential picks for the roster, but if I had to choose just three...

1. Spike
2. Asuka
3. Inuyasha

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
HERE COMES NEW CHALLENGERS!

Spike Spiegel, Vash the Stampede and Inuyasha joins the fight!
1680773432338.png

As you may see, Spike, for no one surprise, completely shredded the competition while there it was a tie between Vash and Inu, thought in the end for the moment I'm adding 3 characters per job. I'm glad that these 3 won since they are definitively legendary!

NEW JOB: SUBMIT COLLECTABLES FROM THE 90's!
Going back to our typical routine, submit anything that it could fit between our collectables, this time going for content of the 90s that doesn't need to be attached to the winners.
NEW JOB: SUBMIT A STAGE FOR A CHARACTER THAT DOESN'T HAS ONE!
We now have a lot of franchises without any representative stage, so I think it would be good add some of them, this is a list of the franchises without a stage:
  • Doraemon​
  • Devilman​
  • Mazinger Z​
  • Berserk​
  • Hokuto no Ken​
  • Ranma 1/2​
  • Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt​
  • Attack of Titans​
  • Urusei Yatsura​
  • Cutie Honey​
Btw the Kameari Police Station won the last time and I'll add it later.

Panty and stocking stage:
Daten City (Panty & Stocking)
1680776717466.png
Daten city is a main setting of "Panty and Stocking" anime series and it's name is a play on japanese word "Datenshi", meaning "fallen angel". The city is located between Heaven and Hell and it's design has an american/californian influence due to the series being inspired by american cartoons (specifically Drawn together series).

The stage would take place on the rooftops of the buildings. Various characters from the show make a cameo in the background.

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I'm Sorcerer, I asked my cousin to share her phone to me to a moment just for response.
Shiganshina District (Attack on Titan)

View attachment 370418

Shiganshina District is a place from Attack on Titan series,this place is where Eren,Mikasa and Armin lives. as a stage,Shiganshina District is on top of a house with the giant wall as a background and some titans appears in the stage.

Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer when you update the roster?
I'm outside home rn and I'm an idiot who forgot his password so I'll update when I get back home probably Sunday.

D

Deleted member

images (1).jpeg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Wasteland (FOTNS)
Fight in a desert full of broken down buildings and the broken head of the statue of liberty. A city can be seen in the back and gangs will watch the battle take place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright everybody, it was unfortunate coming back and then require to go to a quite long trip out of nowhere, I'm very sorry for that but I hope you guys enjoyed the Eastern! Today we are reasumming this project again.

First for all due the small amount of stages submitted I'll include all of them!

Secondly, now we are going back to a character job that I know are the ones people tends to like more:

NEW JOB: SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM SHUEISHA
This was once of the jobs I mentioned later I wanted to perform, Shueisha is the name of the company that publish the Shonen Jump. At start I was thinking on mantain this job exclusively to this magazine but considering that other very popular jobs like Spy x Family or Gunnm where published in other media like Jump Plus or the Ultra Jump respectively I think that a general Shueisha job wouldn't be bad. I don't think we want to overflow this roster with Jump characters but we can't deny that a lot of the most popular characters comes from this place, but if you want to see how a roster exclusively performed with characters of this company can work, go here!

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Now that we got a stage, and little more variety for the roster down there (insert a "OK" hand).

Shueisha Character Job - Kankichi Ryotsu

Kankichi Ryotsu is the main character and anti-hero of the comedy/gag manga (which should diversify genre representation a bit more), KochiKame (in short from "Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo"), written and illustrated by Osamu Akimoto, beginning from Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine in September 21th, 1976. The manga focuses on a lazy, middle-aged cop Ryotsu's misadventures as he comes up with money-making schemes alongside the help from his fellow officer colleagues in the Police Box, Keiichi Nakagawa and Reiko Akimoto, which always end up in failure after a brief success (losing his earned money to pay damages caused by his comical antics), usually under the anger of his boss, Daijiro Ohara.

In Japan, the manga is immensely popular because of it's comedic tone and easily accessible, self-contained stories (that aren't episodic compared to other Jump mangas) to the point that real-life celebrities from the country often made appearances and fifteen bronze statues were erected in Kameari, where it took place (a memorial hall is also being built, finishing in 2024). It was even the third longest-running manga of all time for about 40 years from 1976 to 2016 with 1,960 chapters and 200 volumes (plus a 201st volume in 2021) and the eighth best-selling on a list (beating even JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan), having gotten many animated appearances (earliest being 1980 commercials and a 1985 film, before the 1996 anime series and it's two OVA films came up, besides specials with the final airing in 2016, which was also famous in Spain and India), several live-action films/drama/stage adaptations and multiple Jump crossovers, all thanks to KochiKame's role as a very important part/staple of the magazine/brand's history (besides special events for it's 30th anniversary with Dragon Ball in one of the one-shot mangas, alongside Lupin III, Golgo 13 & Kinnikuman, and the series' own video games for the original PlayStation, SEGA Saturn and Nintendo DS), such as two Famicom RPGs, a Game Boy quiz game Cult Jump, mobile titles (Jumputi Heroes and Jikkyou Janjan Stadium), Jump Super/Ultimate Stars and J-Stars Victory VS+, which made Ryotsu a veteran pick in those games.

As shown in previous Shonen Jump fighting crossover games, Kankichi Ryotsu can make use of his slapstick-like demeanors to fight against the opponent by smacking them inside a cartoonish smoke cloud and pulling off unusual items out of nowhere to utilize them as non-conventional weapons like newspapers, Japanese signs like a bat, fire extinguishers, throwing cards, remote-controlled toy tanks/helicopters with a machine gun turret, giant drums to summon constant soundwaves as he bashes them, kicking out his sandal/shoe as it flies forward, spinning tops as ground-traveling projectiles and fireworks (which he can use with his rocket launcher).

He can also use samurai katana skills (though they're unpolished compared to the likes of swordsmen such as Ichigo, Guts and others), his bike/bicycle to rush towards the opponent, shoot at them with a pistol/handgun or rocket launcher/RPG, kick out arching cans, lock the opponent for a while with handcuffs that works as a stun special (akin to Guile's in Street Fighter: The Movie) and eat several ramen bowls at once for a temporary few second-lasting buff (probably a Special Skill), besides summoning a real military tank to shoot down the opponent with a powerful exploding projectile and covering himself down as Daijiro Ohara drops down giant stone letters around himself by shouting his signature "BAKA-MON!" (ぱっかもーん !! - "YOU IDIOT!").

His Level 3/Destructive Finish Super (latter is pretty much emphasized since he always ends up causing lots of damages with his antics) would be based on the climax from KochiKame: The Movie, where he rides a missile which crashes into an opponent and through obstacles in the streets (with the latter taking most damage as they hang on the front; almost like this). Ryotsu then flies into the sky from a drawbridge, guiding a missile into the plane and hops off of it right as an opponent's eyes widen before a huge explosion that destroys the plane while obliterating them in process, falling down high into the ground (though he manages to survive).

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm going to submit a special pair that mades me fall in love with their stories in the recent days.

FUUKO & ANDY (Undead Unluck)
1681141125611.png
Negators, persons with the special ability to screw with the rules of the world negating their rules in ways that makes God very angry. Fuuko Izumo is the Negator Unluck whose abilities made her life miserable giving bad luck to everyone around her to the point that she indirectly ended killing her parents alongside other persons. Andy is the Negator of Undead, a man who has lived for centuries to the point that he needs to use a metallic cork to mantain his brain healthy without all that information and has a tendency for say "Sick!". Andy was looking for a way to have a permanent death when she found Fuuko minutes before she falls to the bridge since she also wanted to end with her life, these two a first only looked for a way to kill themselves but after certain accontecements they end becoming closer to each other to the point to fall in love (at first Andy only wanted to make Fuuko fall in love with him for make her Unluck strong enough to kill him but with the time his feelings also become genuine). They join to Union, the selected group of Negators to fight the UMAs, the entities that impose these rules by the will of God who make all this game for their amusement. Will them finally find a way to defeat this God and live in the way they want?

Admittedly, there are already quite a big amount of duo fighters in the roster (Panty & Stocking and Popumo & Pipimi, yeah they are two but usually there is only one), but I think Andy and Fuuko could work different to them. Andy would be the main fighter while Fuuko would be more like Andy's support giving him some Unluck charges to make his attacks deadlier.

(Undead Unluck spoilears ahead) I know that Fuuko can fight by her own, but most of her new abilities are from the new loop, and for the moment Andy didn't appeared in the loop yet and I wanted to represent both of the characters in the title.

While Undead Unluck doesn't has the same level of fame like other modern Jump stories like Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen or Spy x Family (at least for the moment, because this year their anime will be released and usually is the anime that impulse these series) the series is still considered part of the main lineup of the magazine and I think they are...
1681141351289.png

D

Deleted member

Ichigo_Kurosaki_True_Shikai.png

Ichigo Kurowski (Bleach)
Bleach is a long running series with a big fandom. dispite arguably being replaced in the big four by other series, Bleach still has a huge fandom and recently got an extremely hyped up new anime.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Shueisha Character Job - Kusou Saiki (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.)
Saw that all the obvious 2010s-2020s Shonen Jump protagonists had been nominated, and decided to throw in a bit of a curveball.

Kusou Saiki
The main protagonist of The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (2012-2018), Saiki is just your average teenager... except for the fact that he has numerous powerful psychic abilities, including telepathy, teleportation, and telekinesis. The series chronicles his efforts to hide his extraordinary abilities and maintain an ordinary life.
P.S.: Will there be character jobs for Kodansha and Shogakukan characters in the forseeable future?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok I made some wait first because I had a small cold and secondly because I expected a bigger number of participants, however I guess this would be all the nominations, I aren't at home but votations would start tomorrow. After that I would like to ask what do you think it should be prioritized considering the current state of the roster now that we have more than half of the slots taken? There is any category that feels underrepresented?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 3!

My own votes:
  1. Ichigo​
  2. Andy & Fuuko​
  3. Tanjiro​
I like all of these options, but I think Ichigo and Tanjiro are a must while Andy & Fuuko are just my own bias.

I'll post a job tomorrow, but for the moment feel free to give suggestions!

Top Bottom