• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

animated sprite gifs.

Bertin

Smash Rookie
Could you make one with falco grabbing peach throwing her down then using the reflector then roy finishes her off,then samus comes up behind falco shoot as a missle falco reflects it and it kills her then it says "pwned!" Also Can i have my name in the bottom right corner? Thank you.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats great new thing you done there... where are you in requests now? (What page?)

(Zomg is that Teken (Or whatever his name is) under the mask?)

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
might as well be, characters name is Eton actually. originally was suppose to be but, name changed

Peach's Turnip Power

Smash Rookie
Can you make one of Peach and Zelda standing beside each other and Link and Mario sleeping beside Jigglypuff then Peach and Zelda grab and throw them off? Also, for like 15 frames, can I have my name with Pink background and Black print?

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Ok DH Ninja, i can see you are very good with this so i need to ask you a question because i am a noob to this sort of field.

i know you are no dout aware of the series super mario bros z, and got inspired to something like it. so i went and got macromedia dream weaver 8, Photo shop 6, Fireworks 8, gamemaker, and macromedia flash 8.

after that i thought, alright this will be easy. also with the thought this will take a while to learn and use i went through the titorials. i get only a portion (10%) of what it said and looked over it for about a week without any progress.

another problem i am having is actualy using photo shop. I went online to get the sprites that i needed to use for this (mario, luigi, sonic, ect.) and could only find sprite sheets. i have a basic understanding of photo shop, and i know how to single out a sprite from it's sprite sheet, but the problem is, i cant get aride of the white back ground. i us windows xp and if you could be so kind as to shed some light on my prodicoment, i would greatly apreciate it.

P.S. the story i am using is my fan fic on this site called "The Rebelion"

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
That was 16 frames. Wasn't that hard, but I can't even get how you can copy it from a picture editing program to the gif animation program and make sure that every frame is the exact same size and position. If you don't then that kind of thing happens, so I need a bit of help I guess.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok and could you give me the link to where you download that please (To make the animations)

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
i have that issue when it doesn't get cropped right. I'm unsure of how that program works because I use Unfreez. What I do is i create the background first and then add the sprites until the animation is complete. then i save each frame and create the GIF. What that reminds me of is of making each frame but then screwing up on the placement in flash.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O yhea just make the frames all the same size in paint or whatever and then they shouldn't be like earthquakes.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
I made a new one. Personally, I think it's much better, but I wanted professional consultation before I expanded it into anything further than nine frames. I'm going to lower the delay between frames, but I wanted to be able to see each one individually for now.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok im just curious about getting them to move and such (Like how many frames it takes to get X to X destination).

And what do you use to make the individual frames?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow that was very good actually but yhea the last two frames needed a little more time (The two text ones).

Good work *thumbs up*

Edit: Here are a few more i made...

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
hmm, are you using flash. if not, what are you using, anyway, i tried to make one but cant figure out the bugs, i got the sprites now i just need to put it in motion, problom is with that is, i dont know where to start. argg

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No problem if you need anymore advice don't ask me because i only started yesterday... but seeing as im the only one here ATM ask away!

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Wow that was very good actually but yhea the last two frames needed a little more time (The two text ones).

Good work *thumbs up*
]
Yeah I gave it al lot more time when I made the thing in the program, but when I loaded it on photobucket it just threw all my delay times out the window like I said. Oh, and nice work Legolastom on those GIF. All you need to make a good one is a few sprite sheets and some time.

Oh, and SuperGlenn, I posted a link for a GIF editor on the last page, like Legolastom said.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I got hundreds (Seriously) of sprite sheets on my computer... i use them for other things as well (Looks at sig).

But yhea i might make an "Epic fail" series.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
Back

this is the better one.

also, please stop with all the posting of gif work, i don't mind every now and then but after a while it gets annoying.

Now for c and c, when you created the frames you forgot to remove the background from zero's sword swing,the blue. i notice things like that. other then that good job.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok sorry DH : ( i made this funny Pikmin one but if you don't wanna see it...

Anyways how my old request?

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
havn't gotten to it, don't rush it, busy celebrating my 16th birthday. it was yesterday, but were preparign for a party which is tomorrow.

Top Bottom