• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 25: Newcomer
From a comic strip?
596dba52ed07ad6118f998fe.png

GARFIELD!!!

I would love to see this funny orange lazy boi in, he could have possible moves like kicking Odie at the opponent, using a newspaper, eating lasanga and use his Garzooka superhero form.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 25: Newcomer
From a comic strip?
View attachment 328666
GARFIELD!!!

I would love to see this funny orange lazy boi in, he could have possible moves like kicking Odie at the opponent, using a newspaper, eating lasanga and use his Garzooka superhero form.
This job is to create a newcome prompt, my submissions were a character that had an adaption based on a comic strip and a character from a animated web series.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Submit a Clone Character (Character cloned off of someone else)

Resubmit a Character who you’ve submitted before, and Lost.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Submit a character from a cartoon or anime exclusive to a streaming service

Submit a character from a cartoon or anime that has a video game (Crossover games will not count)

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Well sorry for making mistakes.
It’s ok, we all make mistakes from time to time.

There are no plans to kick anybody off the project. If anyone needs more clarification on certain jobs, feel free to ask me!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Submit a character from a slice of life cartoon or anime

Submit a character from a cartoon or anime that involves mystery

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for newcomer prompts will now begin!

• A character who debuted in a saturday morning cartoon Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
• A character from an anime for younger kids be Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
• A newcomer from a web animation series Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
• A newcomer that originated from comic strip adaptations (not like Marvel Comics, but like newspaper comics like Peanuts or Dilbert) Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
• A clone character (Character cloned off of someone else) JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691
• A character who you’ve submitted before, and lost JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691
• A character from a cartoon or anime exclusive to a streaming service cashregister9 cashregister9
• A character from a cartoon or anime that has a video game (Crossover games will not count) cashregister9 cashregister9
• A character from a slice of life cartoon or anime evanwoo10 evanwoo10
• A character from a cartoon or anime that involves mystery evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Vote for your top three favorites! You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only three prompts will be selected for this job.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for newcomer prompts are now over!

• A character who debuted in a saturday morning cartoon Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 7 votes
• A character from an anime for younger kids be Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 0 votes
• A newcomer from a web animation series Glubbfubb Glubbfubb - 4 votes
• A newcomer that originated from comic strip adaptations (not like Marvel Comics, but like newspaper comics like Peanuts or Dilbert) Glubbfubb Glubbfubb - 3 votes
• A clone character (Character cloned off of someone else) JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 2 votes
• A character who you’ve submitted before, and lost JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 0 votes
• A character from a cartoon or anime exclusive to a streaming service cashregister9 cashregister9 - 2 votes
• A character from a cartoon or anime that has a video game (Crossover games will not count) cashregister9 cashregister9 - 0 votes
• A character from a slice of life cartoon or anime evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 1 vote
• A character from a cartoon or anime that involves mystery evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 5 votes

Our three newcomer prompts will be: a saturday morning cartoon rep, a cartoon/anime mystery rep, and a web animation series rep! Congratulations to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule , evanwoo10 evanwoo10 , Glubbfubb Glubbfubb , and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #26: Submit a character who debuted in a saturday morning cartoon (submission by Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game! This is our highest voted prompt, so two characters will be joining the roster, instead of one!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 26

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle is the main character of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Twilight originated in the original 1980 MLP where she was just called "Twilight" but has evolved into the more popular incarnation over time.

As Proven by several fighting games, she would have a moveset based around physical attacks and magic.

MLP Proved to be a hit back in the 80s and the new cartoon was a massive success and is considered to be one of the defining cartoons of the 2010's alongside Adventure Time, Regular Show and Gumball to name a few.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will be Optimus Prime from transformers.

A classic 80s character who is still very relevant today, Optimus Prime is the main character of transformers, a franchise that is fairly important to animation history. He would most likely fight using inspiration from the old cartoons as well as the modern movies. He would also be shrunk down to fit in the game.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Saturday Morning Cartoons? Which studio do I think of when it comes to Saturday Morning Cartoons? Hanna-Barbera how do we not have a Hanna-Barbera Character yet? Fred Flintstone, because trust me, if I were to do Shaggy and Scooby, most of the moveset would just be a Dragon Ball Puppet Character.
C714D1E1-C33E-4CD9-A4C8-00B172B80FA8.png

Fred Flintstone is from The Flintstones, and could be incredibly interesting in this game. Partially because he’s already been in a Platformer, but also because a simpler take on Homer could be neat. No moveset this time since I need to do some research first, but I’d imagine stats wise he’d feel very similar to 7 Grand Dad, which is the bootleg Mario Game that’s just a reskin of a Flintstones Game that I forgot the name of. He’d also have a move where he holds the normal button and can walk while using this Smash Attack. Also the Car Run! Could be neat. Stage is Bedrock with other basic colors and a Peter Griffin Reference there.

His Stand is Scary Monsters, which allows him to summon Dinosaurs from Animation Domination to fight alongside him. His Favorite Food is Fruity Pebbles because Branding! Chocolate Pebbles can also show up as well, it’s every other match since they both do the same thing. Only one of the two can appear in a Match, since both do the same exact thing.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #26: Inspector Gadget
E44781AD-FA02-4B27-99DE-CD49A2601517.png

Inspector Gadget is a cyborg police inspector that tries to stop the schemes of Dr. Claw and M.A.D. (Claw’s criminal organization), with help from his niece Penny and her dog, Brain. Since Gadget is a cyborg, he has a ton of abilities for a moveset. Gadget can extend his limbs, fly with his head propellers, and pull out constant gadgets from his body. Inspector Gadget was really popular and continues to be remembered as one of the most popular saturday morning cartoons of all time.

Character submissions will end in a few hours!

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for Panty & Stocking’s moveset is now over!

JOJONumber691’s Panty & Stocking moveset will be chosen! Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Character submissions are also now over!

Twilight Sparkle cashregister9 cashregister9
Optimus Prime Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Fred Flintstone JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691
Inspector Gadget evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Vote for your top three favorites! You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only two characters will be selected to join the roster from this job!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for character submissions are now over!

Twilight Sparkle cashregister9 cashregister9 - 6 votes
Optimus Prime Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 15 votes
Fred Flintstone JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 13 votes
Inspector Gadget evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 8 votes

Optimus Prime and Fred Flintstone will be joining our roster! Congratulations to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule , JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 , and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #27: Submit a moveset for Bruno Bucciarati or Shrek

The only requirements are to have both specials and a final smash. You can also add a little extra detail for their moveset if you like (only optional). You can submit a moveset for one or both of them. If anyone wishes to see an example, you can look at our past movesets linked in the first post of the thread.

Shrek Moveset:
Neutral Special: Onion Throw: Shrek throws his Onion forwards like Projectile. It gives Poison Effect when it hits someone. It can be Deflected.

Side Special: Donkey Ride: Shrek grabs Donkey and he rides on him like Wario on His Bike. If you defeat Donkey, Shrek would be launched straight into enemy.

Up Special: Dragon Fly: Shrek Summons Dragon to Fly and he swoops up in the Air. You can even use A attack to breath Flame from Dragon that gives Burning Damage.

Down Special: Belch attack: Shrek Burps so hard that he knocks back like Mr. G&W's Down B move.

Final Smash: Roar!! Shrek Roars so hard that he pushes everyone from Stage, resulting Possible KO.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Bruno moveset
He has the exact same stand meter gimmick as Jotaro. If you don’t know what that is, please feel free to check his moveset. The main difference between the two, however, is that Bruno is more of a long-range zoner than the close range fighter than Jotaro is.
Bruno usually fights on his own for this moveset, but he would summon some team buccirati members for his taunt and final smash.

Neutral Special: Zipper
His stand Sticky Fingers tosses a zipper forward. If it hits an opponent, it’ll suddenly open up, launching them away. If he throws the zipper onto a projectile he can grab an object and then throw it back if pressed again. However, the move isn’t that reliable of a reflect since it requires more-than-average percision of timing.
If his stand meter is off, he’ll just do a heavy kick forward.

Side Special: Zipper Punch
He creates a small portal using Sticky Fingers then sticky fingers punches through it. Another portal will then appear behind the opponent if they’re a certain distance from him but not too far. Then his fist will come through it, and hit the opponent.
Without his stand, he’ll summon Abacchio who shoots a pistol forward three times.

Up Special: Zipper Arm
He puts a zipper on his arm then unzips it, causing it to be much longer. He then reaches up and it acts like a normal grappling up special.
If his stand is off he just jumps upwards and reaches towards the stage.

Down Special: Stand On/Off
Turns his stand on or off.

Final Smash: Team Buccirati
Sticky Fingers punches forward which leads into a cinematic where every member of Team Buccirati attacks the opponent at once, finishing with a beatdown by Sticky Fingers

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Shrek. I have had this particular set in my head for years now, and I finally get to spill the beans? LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! He’s not the most gimmicky, but he’s definitely weird in terms of his move list. Shrek is a Grappler, a very aggressive grappler, but also the slowest and heaviest character by a landslide. Homer is 105, while Shrek is an even 140. He also has tough guy, but any character over 100 Units gets Tough Guy by Default (so it will definitely apply to the 200 Unit Optimus Prime) so it ain’t really a Gimmick, just a mechanic of Heavyweights lol. Despite his shared archetype and no exclusive gimmicks, Shrek will still play like no one else on this roster regardless.
Smashing Revolution!

Shrek’s Neutral Special is Donkey. Donkey is annoying so of course he would follow Shrek into Smash. Here Shrek summons Donkey, and he ends up attacking alongside Shrek. Thus giving Shrek follow ups. He can be forced to stay as well, giving Shrek Stage

Shrek’s Side Special is Potions! This is a reference to the potion scene in Shrek 2, where he throws potions. This move has Shrek throw or Drink a Potion depending on whether you point forwards or backwards when inputting the move. Back to Drink, Front to Throw. This activation gives Shrek these potions:
  • Slow Potion is thrown to allow Shrek to catch-up with the Opponent. 20% Chance
  • Fast Potion makes Shrek faster. 20% Chance
  • Strong Potion makes Shrek Stronger.
  • Weak Potion makes the opponent weaker.
  • Defense Potion makes the opponent heavier. 20% Chance
  • Floaty Potion makes Shrek lighter (to about 95 Units), while still keeping his Tough Guy, thus helping out his Recovery. 20% Chance
  • Poison Potion poisons the opponent. 15% Chance
  • Transformation potion transforms the opponent into something Character Specific (also submitting this one as an item by the way) 5% Chance
  • Healing Potion heals 25%. 5% Chance
Sometimes Shrek will mix up the potions, and throw the good and drink the bad. This is to Balance out the Move for Being this good. This has a 5% Chance of happening with all of them.

Shrek’s Up Special is Witches Broom. Yes, Shrek has fought Witches, how come? He essentially grabs the Broom he stole and Rides it for about 2 Seconds. Not that good vertically since Shrek is too heavy for it. The duration increases to 5 with Lightweight.

Shrek’s Down Special is Beer Puddle. Shrek drops a Beer Mug onto the Floor, which then acts as Ice for all. Luckily, Shrek has the least lag in terms of sliding, so he can very easily cancel into Grabs. Fun.

Shrek’s Final Smash is I Need a Hero, where the Big Gingerbread shows up and crushes an area of the Stage. This Spikes, but only covers a certain part of the Stage. So be wise when summoning him.

Overall, while Shrek is very slow and heavy, he is also very good with his Stage Control. And once when he gets in, you’re good as dead. But he needs that Stage Control in order to do that so be careful. He has amazing combos and a cargo throw, and can use this fact to destroy you. But suffers off stage as well since Shrek is very Heavy. Shrek is essentially a unique take on a Heavy by being designed against his Archetype, yet it still crafts an identity of his own, just like Shrek as a film itself. His Colors reference Fiona, Donkey, **** in Boots, Fairy Godmother, Human Shrek (with Horse Donkey in toe), and a reference to Po because why not. Design Wise, Shrek may need a little bit of an update to fit in, yet still be recognizable since Shrek is the only character here so far who is 3D in Origin, and a Character who is actually designed around being in a more realistic style of 3D. I would have a drawing here to show you what I would personally do, but my Phone broke so rip.

Shrek's Favorite Food is Onions, because it was either that or literal eyeballs, and this game is rated E10. Yeah, he's getting the Onions. As for his Stand, he's getting Ratt because Shrek is canonically gross, so it makes sense that the Stand of a Literal Rat would be used here. Besides, it was either this or Yoyoma, and Yoyoma goes against the E10 Rating, so we're definitely going for Ratt since it also buffs Shrek. Ratt will replace his Smash Attacks. He can use them in the air, and it will essentially bury them. Thus giving Shrek an opening to get in. Shrek is not affected by Panty's Attract since he's both married and is an Ogre who wasn't attracted to Fiona in the first film until he found out she was an Ogre.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
As for Bruno, I'm going to Resubmit my old moveset, but his Grab is less broken than it was there. I don't think Heritage or Arsene fits Bruno, so that's why. He grabs by turning you into a Zipper Man yourself, where you're covered with Zippers. Though the Brutality of this technique would be toned down from JoJo's because of the E10 Rating, so no Blood, only Zippers.
Bruno Bucciarati (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) from Part 5. Why him over Giorno? Because, having Witch Time Punches doesn’t sound fun, and Bruno is just as much of a Main Character as Giorno in Part 5, on top of him potentially being able to bring in the rest of his gang in to help him. So he can also use Sticky Fingers to give him more range than everyone except Aang. So if I had to compare him to anyone it would be Ginyu in FighterZ. Thus why I feel Bruno is best for JoJo’s Second Fighter. As for his actual kit:
Capo of The Ring! Bruno is a Zoner, plain and Simple!
View attachment 326552
Bruno’s Neutral Special is Zipper Punch. He extends his Stand’s Arm to punch! Simple, but it has a massive disjoint, which helps a lot in terms of achieving his goal of being the Capo.

Bruno’s Side Special calls out Narancia to use Aerosmith. Narancia is summoned and uses Aerosmith to fire. It lasts for 10 Seconds total and makes the opponent think twice about going to that part of the Stage.

Bruno’s Up Special has him use Sticky Fingers to Teleport in one of four directions, doing Dana when he runs back out. It does put him into Freefall though so be careful. This is a good move to retreat with.

Bruno’s Down Special has Giorno show up and Punch the Ground. This will create a Tree that acts as a Wall. This, in turn, gives Bruno a good defense mechanism against Counter Zoning, and a good tool in Neutral held back by the long Startup.

Bruno’s Final Smash is Inutile Arrivederci! He does a Zipper Punch, and if it lands Giorno will pop up and help Bruno finish the opponent off, which will then have a Witch Time effect due to Giorno’s Ability. Thus giving Bruno ample time to strategize.

Bruno overall is a really good character at setplay and keep away, which fits how most fights in JoJo’s as a whole. He also has some really good range at large, with his Normals using Sticky Fingers, his Grab completely destroying all approach options, as well as Narancia and Giorno stepping in to help. Overall, this fits Bruno, and JOJO Combat as a whole. But he is also fairly skinny, and thus would make sense if he was light. Probably lightest overall of this 11 Character Roster. His Alts could be various color schemes, as JoJo’s is known for its varied use of coloring (something I adore) and I feel Bruno is the perfect fit for a JoJo Newcomer!

His Stand is harder to nail down than Jotaro’s but I think giving him Gold Experience would be fitting, since Giorno is this Part’s other Protagonist. And as for Favorite Foods……. wow we’re really out of date aren’t we? Well, Aang would get the Fruit Pies (the Cabbages from the Cabbage Merchant would just be generic, or could just spawn with the Merchant), Panty and Stocking are really hard since both have really different tastes in Food. So I guess Jean-Paul Heaven could do, but if there’s any other better options that also work while keeping an E10 Rating please let me know. And then finally, Bruno himself! Bruno gets Spaghetti, since that’s what he got at the Restaurant during Narancia’s Flashback.
The Original Moveset is right here!

One more thing by the way. after Zim gets his moveset I'm going to do an Update Patch. DM Me to get specific changes to your sets.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb , I remember you was waiting for the Shrek moveset round. Incase you still want to make a moveset, I will keep the moveset submission job open for a couple of more hours!

Job #28: Submit a stage for Bruno Bucciarati or Shrek

You can submit a stage for Bruno Bucciarati, Shrek, or both of them. Describe what the stage is and how it would work. What cameos or hazards would there be as well?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Buciarati stage

The Roman Colosseum

This is where the final battle took place in Vento Aureo, so potential unmarked spoilers!

This stage is mostly flat there are 2 walls on both sides that only go half-way up and can't be broken. In the background you can see the other members of Passione like Giorno, Narancia, Mista, Abacchio, Trish. You may also see Diavolo. In terms of hazards, Chariot Requiem may appear on stage, It will walk around the stage if you touch it you will fall asleep and take a lot of damage. Chariot Requiem will eventually leave on its own, but you can get rid of it earlier by throwing a Stand Arrow item at it.

Last edited:
Job #28 aka Stage for Shrek.
Shrek's Swamp (Shrek)

It would take place in Shrek's home, which is Shrek's Swamp. The stage would be flat, but it would have Swamp puddles that make you stick to them, unable to get out after 5 seconds. Shrek's House's Roof serves as a Platform that you can fight on it.
In Background, there is Fiona, Pusscat in Boots, Ginger Cookie, Fairy Grandmother and Lord Farquaad are spectating the Battle. Also in far Background, you can notice Tower from Duloc Castle.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb , I remember you was waiting for the Shrek moveset round. Incase you still want to make a moveset, I will keep the moveset submission job open for a couple of more hours!

Job #28: Submit a stage for Bruno Bucciarati or Shrek

You can submit a stage for Bruno Bucciarati, Shrek, or both of them. Describe what the stage is and how it would work. What cameos or hazards would there be as well?
Movesets arnt my thing, you can use the current moveset, thanks anyway. I was waiting for what other people were thinking of a shrek moveset.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I’m sorry it took this long to post.

Voting for Bruno Bucciarati and Shrek movesets are now over! JOJONumber691’s Bruno Bucciarati and Shrek movesets will be chosen! Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Stage submissions are now over as well! The Roman Colosseum and Shrek’s Swamp by Cashregister9 and Tankman from Newgrounds will be chosen! Congratulations to cashregister9 cashregister9 , Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #29: Submit a character from a cartoon or anime that involves mystery (submission by evanwoo10 evanwoo10 )

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game! Just a reminder, only one character will be joining the roster from this job!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 29

The Mystery Gang (Scooby Doo)

Scooby Doo is one of the most famous franchises out there and representing it in this game would be important

Utilizing all 5 characters would be an interesting change of pace.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Scrappy-Doo_promo.png

Scrappy Doo

Yes I'm going there, Scrappy is one of the most hated cartoon characters of all time for various resons, he is so unpopular that there is an entire trope for him called the Scrappy. So why do you think he should be in it.

Well his unpopularity can be a great underdog story, look at Waluigi he was very unpopular in and out of universe but due to that he gained an unironic following for how unpopular he is. Duck Hunt also was a fellow scrappy but that added to his charm and was a welcome addition to smash. So Scrappy would fit that catagory as well. He would be a light weight fighter that focuses on weak but fast combos.

Top Bottom