• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for character submissions are now over! (finally)

Reptar Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 10 votes
Joe Swanson JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 7 votes
Jorgen Von Strangle Glubbfubb Glubbfubb - 3 votes
Doofenshmirtz Yiptap Yiptap - 10 votes
Eustace Bagge evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 0 votes

Reptar and Doofenshmirtz will be joining our roster! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , Yiptap Yiptap , and thanks to everyone who participated in this job! I will be doing a long overdue update to the first post of the thread in a few hours!

Job #67: Submit a moveset for Ben Tennyson and Frieza

The only requirements are to have both specials and a final smash. You can also add a little extra detail for their movesets if you like (only optional). You can submit a moveset for one or all of them. If anyone wishes to see an example, you can look at our past movesets linked in the first post of the thread.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Is this when I finally submit Frieza? Yeah, this is when I finally submit Frieza. Frieza, the biggest villain in Dragon Ball History and one of my personal favorite villains of all time. I have an interesting idea for him, so I’m just going to get this one out of the way now. He’s a Fighting Game Character, meaning he brought over DBFZ Mechanics. Not too many, mostly inputs, but I do think Frieza could very easily bring over the Magic Series as well, with Lights, Mediums, Heavies, and Specials being able to link with each other, just like Dragon Ball FighterZ.
View attachment 328181
Frieza’s Neutral Special and Down Special are meant to match the Special Button in Dragon Ball FighterZ. Death Beam on the Ground, Blasts in the Air. Point down and you get Eye Lazers. Simple as that. There are no inputs.

Frieza’s Side Special is “Next Time You’ll Die!” He shoots a ball along the ground and it explodes on contact with anyone, but is very blockable. Input is⬇↘➡

Frieza got a Back Special baby!!!!!!!!!! Death Saucer is a Boomerang Attack that can hurt Frieza, just like in Dragon Ball and in FighterZ. Just Block or Dodge lol. Massive Stage Control too! Input is⬅↙⬇

Frieza’s Up Special is Super Dash. Works just like DBFZ, but more up lmao. It has a slight homing property as well, but only when very close and in a 1v1. No input.

Frieza’s Final Smash is Golden Destruction. He shoots a Death Beam. If it hits, he goes Golden and does a Dragon Ball Combo, including a Nova Strike, ending in a Death Ball. If Stage Morph is on it will transition the Stage to the other Stage early. After this he reverts back to Normal.

Oh would you look at the time! INPUT TIME!!!!!!! Frieza has a ⬇⬇ Special in the form of Warp Smash, where he warps forward shooting an energy blast, just like in FighterZ. And just like FighterZ too is that of he’s Close Enough to the opponent he just warps behind them lmao.

Frieza also has a ⬇↘➡ A Special in the form of Earth Breaker. He fires two blasts right in front of him with Upward Knockback. Perfect for all of your Ladder Combo needs!

Frieza’s Alts are references to other Frieza Race Members, such as Cooler, Frost, Metal Cooler, and a reference to Golden Frieza, which changes the Final Smash to have Normal Frieza’s Colors. He also had the FighterZ Black, Blue, and Orange Alts as well. Overall, Frieza is basically one to one with his FighterZ incarnation, down to some of his Weird Normals, such 2/3 of Smash Attacks being Projectiles. But overall, he’s very complicated, just like in Dragon Ball. Like, unironically one of my most wanted, and one of my favorite villains of all time, so yeah, this was going to be very detailed lmao.

His Stand is Made in Heaven. Reset the universe why not. It increases the Game Speed and changes the Stage if Stage Morph is on. It also gives Frieza a huge Power Boost lmao. Lasts 15 Seconds. His Favorite Food is Liver Dumplings. I mean, Frieza is clearly Space Hitler, and Frieza has literally NOTHING Else to use, so sure why not. I also have a concept for Plankton, but it’s a Clone Set reusing from SpongeBob for the most part, so if we ever have to submit clones or SpongeBob Characters I will go into it more then, but for now, I really like Frieza lmao.
Resubmitting my Frieza Moveset lol.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Frieza’s moveset will be JOJONumber691’s past submission, congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 !

Ben Tennyson’s moveset is still open for anyone who wants to submit a moveset. Glubbfubb Glubbfubb , I know you wanted to submit a moveset for Ben Tennyson, if you still want to do one, here is your chance.

I haven’t forgot to reveal the results for our most recent polls and submission rounds. I will announce winners and updates in a few hours!

Job #68: Submit a stage for Ben Tennyson and Frieza

You can submit a stage for Ben Tennyson, Frieza, or both of them. Describe what the stage is and how it would work. What cameos or hazards would there be as well?

Job #69: Submit a favorite food item for Ben Tennyson and Frieza

You can submit a favorite food item for Ben Tennyson, Frieza, or both of them. Make sure to explain what the food is and why it should be chosen. Only one favorite food can be chosen for each of them!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay Ben 10 is an unorthodox character, being that he is normally just a kid, he actually has no special moves, instead he attacks with weak combos and having a side special basically like a weaker falcon punch.

Then there is the omnitrix, with this device Ben can turn into 10 different aliens each with their own strengths and weaknesses, what they all share is a somewhat tiny moveset to balance hin having 10 different forms to take.

Neutral Special
Omnitrix
Again cycling 10 different aliens like Shulk's Monado, Ben can turn into these forms, all of his 10 orginal aliens from the orginal Ben 10, these aliens are on a cool down and each have varying strengths and weaknesses, weaker aliens tend to have longer cool downs than stronger ones and can be prematurely ended by using the down taunt.

Aliens

Four Arms
Ben's strongest physical attacker, Four Arms is comparable to Captain Falcon in weight.

Neutral Special
Four Arms charges his four arms, acts as a Flacon Punch that can hit twice, the second hit has higher launch power but less damage.

Down Special
Four Arms leaps up and does a body slam, it can bury and spike, powerful but slow.

Gray Matter
Gray Matter is the weakest of Ben's forms, being the easiest to launch but he is the lightest and can jump 3 times.

Neutral Special
Gray Matter will pick up an item and tinker with it, becoming a stronger weapon, the quality of this new item will depend on the quality of the old item. Metallic items tend to make the best weapons.

Side Special
Grey Matter does a weak somersault that can latch onto players to do scratch damage, a good fast movement option.

Ghostfreak
Ghostfreak is immune to physical attacks but is weak to special attacks, he can also glide very slowly but is very floaty.

Neutral Special
Ghostfreak becomes intangible to go though fighters and select walls, if her goes though a fighter he stuns them due to to shock.

Down Special
Charges up a attack where he opens his body showing his true self which stuns a lot.

Diamond head
The most durable but heaviest form of Ben, he has good long ranged attacks.

Neutral Special
He charges his arms to create diamons running across the walls and floors, the longer the change to longer the path.

Down Special
Uses his two crystal arms to block attacks and counter them very strongly.

Upgrade
Upgrade is unique in that he has access to all four special but needs to copy specials if other fighters to work, this makes him adaptable but his attacks are significantly weaker than the normal attack, plus he is weak to fire.

XLR8
The most speedy of Ben's forms, but the frailest and most launchable.

Neutral Special
XLR8 charges up for a circular spinning attack, the long the charge the faster and longer ranged.

Side Special
A quick dash that can hit multible targets but is very weak, it is spammable though.

Stinkfly
Ben gets free 8 directional flight in this form, but the attacks are weak, he is slower, and frailer.

Neutral Special
Launches a glob of acidic goop, even though it is weak it leaves a lingering damaging green puddle on the ground and causes continuous damage to those it directly hits.

Windmutt
Ben becomes able to climb walls and have string melee attacks, but loses the ability to double jump.

Neutral Special
Ben charges a stunning roar

Side Special
Ben leaps and latches onto a opponent to scratch it profusely .

Up Special
Ben leaps up before doing a pu cing attack that can also latch onto opponents.

Heatblast
Ben is the closest to his normal weight in this form, he gains a weakness to water and ice attack though.

Neutral Special
Heatblast launches a fireball, this can be also done while walking and be able to charge it, making it very adaptable.

Up Special
Ben turns into a pillar of fire to warp up and latch onto the stage.

Down Special
Ben creates two volcanos at both sides of him, charge them to launch fire balls.

Ripjaws
The slowest form but the one that can swim in water and has the higest jumps.

Up Special
Rides up like a waterfall to get back up the stage.

Neutral Special
Uses a move similair to Wario's neutral special, only much stronger.

Final Smash
Way Big
Ben gains the ability to turn into Way Big which acts similarly to Bowser's Final Smash, complete with reticle.

Sorry for the unorthodox moveset, but this is how I picture Ben as a playable fighter, if anyone can improve it with their own interpretation please do.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Okay Ben 10 is an unorthodox character, being that he is normally just a kid, he actually has no special moves, instead he attacks with weak combos and having a side special basically like a weaker falcon punch.

Then there is the omnitrix, with this device Ben can turn into 10 different aliens each with their own strengths and weaknesses, what they all share is a somewhat tiny moveset to balance hin having 10 different forms to take.

Neutral Special
Omnitrix
Again cycling 10 different aliens like Shulk's Monado, Ben can turn into these forms, all of his 10 orginal aliens from the orginal Ben 10, these aliens are on a cool down and each have varying strengths and weaknesses, weaker aliens tend to have longer cool downs than stronger ones and can be prematurely ended by using the down taunt.

Aliens

Four Arms
Ben's strongest physical attacker, Four Arms is comparable to Captain Falcon in weight.

Neutral Special
Four Arms charges his four arms, acts as a Flacon Punch that can hit twice, the second hit has higher launch power but less damage.

Down Special
Four Arms leaps up and does a body slam, it can bury and spike, powerful but slow.

Gray Matter
Gray Matter is the weakest of Ben's forms, being the easiest to launch but he is the lightest and can jump 3 times.

Neutral Special
Gray Matter will pick up an item and tinker with it, becoming a stronger weapon, the quality of this new item will depend on the quality of the old item. Metallic items tend to make the best weapons.

Side Special
Grey Matter does a weak somersault that can latch onto players to do scratch damage, a good fast movement option.

Ghostfreak
Ghostfreak is immune to physical attacks but is weak to special attacks, he can also glide very slowly but is very floaty.

Neutral Special
Ghostfreak becomes intangible to go though fighters and select walls, if her goes though a fighter he stuns them due to to shock.

Down Special
Charges up a attack where he opens his body showing his true self which stuns a lot.

Diamond head
The most durable but heaviest form of Ben, he has good long ranged attacks.

Neutral Special
He charges his arms to create diamons running across the walls and floors, the longer the change to longer the path.

Down Special
Uses his two crystal arms to block attacks and counter them very strongly.

Upgrade
Upgrade is unique in that he has access to all four special but needs to copy specials if other fighters to work, this makes him adaptable but his attacks are significantly weaker than the normal attack, plus he is weak to fire.

XLR8
The most speedy of Ben's forms, but the frailest and most launchable.

Neutral Special
XLR8 charges up for a circular spinning attack, the long the charge the faster and longer ranged.

Side Special
A quick dash that can hit multible targets but is very weak, it is spammable though.

Stinkfly
Ben gets free 8 directional flight in this form, but the attacks are weak, he is slower, and frailer.

Neutral Special
Launches a glob of acidic goop, even though it is weak it leaves a lingering damaging green puddle on the ground and causes continuous damage to those it directly hits.

Windmutt
Ben becomes able to climb walls and have string melee attacks, but loses the ability to double jump.

Neutral Special
Ben charges a stunning roar

Side Special
Ben leaps and latches onto a opponent to scratch it profusely .

Up Special
Ben leaps up before doing a pu cing attack that can also latch onto opponents.

Heatblast
Ben is the closest to his normal weight in this form, he gains a weakness to water and ice attack though.

Neutral Special
Heatblast launches a fireball, this can be also done while walking and be able to charge it, making it very adaptable.

Up Special
Ben turns into a pillar of fire to warp up and latch onto the stage.

Down Special
Ben creates two volcanos at both sides of him, charge them to launch fire balls.

Ripjaws
The slowest form but the one that can swim in water and has the higest jumps.

Up Special
Rides up like a waterfall to get back up the stage.

Neutral Special
Uses a move similair to Wario's neutral special, only much stronger.

Final Smash
Way Big
Ben gains the ability to turn into Way Big which acts similarly to Bowser's Final Smash, complete with reticle.

Sorry for the unorthodox moveset, but this is how I picture Ben as a playable fighter, if anyone can improve it with their own interpretation please do.
All I would do is make him Alien X for the entire thing and be incredibly broken, so I’m fine with this for Ben.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I have made updates to the first post of the thread and the favorite food item list. Below I have a few long overdue announcements. If I forgot to announce the winners or update on any job, feel free to tell me.

Finn & Jake’s favorite food will be Bacon Pancakes by cashregister9, congratulations to cashregister9 cashregister9 !

Ben 10’s moveset will be Glubbfubb’s submission, congratulations to Glubbfubb Glubbfubb !

There was a tie for our base roster number, between 45, 50, and 60. Below is a poll to break the tie.

Again, I am really sorry for these constant long waits for a new job. I have to work on weekdays and I am usually either busy or completely drained on weekends. Most weekdays, I can only make quick glances for a few minutes from my phone. I’m really sorry for the delay on the past jobs recently, I know it’s been unfair for everyone in the thread.

I plan to make a change from our usual schedule to a different time. Whatever our new time will be, there will be a new job everyday like before. The thread is not ending or closing at all!

The stage & favorite food jobs will remain open for a few more hours!

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
As for Goku, well I think Goku could get something original just due to the sheer amount of locations in Dragon Ball. So many locations that all turn into rubble. So, instead, I think Goku should get a Stage based off of Super Broly. The Arctic would bring a unique flavor to battle before eventually being turned to Lava. And then the Reality Shattering kicks in. As for Cameos, Goku would be in the background when he’s not present. When he is then it’s just Vegeta. Frieza, Bulma, and Broly are all in the background, as well as Gogeta, somehow, even when Goku himself is present. Huh. Layout wise it’s essentially Hazardless Wily’s, but with Platforms. This could also replace FD very easily as the Background would do that.
Resubmitting the Arctic for Frieza since Frieza was directly involved with the plot of Super Broly and his Best Option is already here.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I got inspired by your thread evanwoo10 evanwoo10 and made a racing game version of that concept

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
We have a tie between two Frieza stages. Hyperbolic Time Chamber by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and the Arctic by JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 . Below is a poll to vote for which stage should be chosen for Frieza.

Job #70: Submit a preschool TV character (submission by Yiptap Yiptap )

Only one character will be chosen for this job!

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
We have a tie between two Frieza stages. Hyperbolic Time Chamber by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and the Arctic by JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 . Below is a poll to vote for which stage should be chosen for Frieza.

Job #70: Submit a preschool TV character (submission by Yiptap Yiptap )

Only one character will be chosen for this job!

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game!
downloadfile.jpg

Blue (Blues Clues)
Of course its Blue, Blue has it all, all ages appeal, a simple design that is iconic, and multible different possibilities using her signature paw prints as inklings ink, lots of potential

Peppa Pig

Peppa Pig is main character of Peppa Pig cartoon. She is a pig and daughter of Mommy pig and Daddy pig. She has even a brother named George and she is one of Iconic Preschool characters.

Her moveset would consist of her actions like Puddle Jump or Bicycle riding. She could have very interesting moveset potential and she is not a Pacifist this time on Animation Smash Bros!
She could be lightweight character with ability to crawl.

I nominate Peppa Pig, because she could represent Peppa Pig franchise and Preschool cartoons. She could be little lighthearted and kind, but she can kick butts in her way on Battlefield of Animation Smash bros. In fact her inclusion could make the Game popular since Peppa Pig is huge icon for Little Children, so it won't be a problem.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #70: Pablo (Backyardigans)
B3659A9E-47A4-43C8-9416-F06D6049BB76.png

Backyardigans was a really popular Nick Jr. show, that is still beloved to this day. Pablo is one of the main characters in the group. Pablo has a ton of moveset potential with the power of his own imagination. He could gain the powers and abilities of a spy, cowboy, pirate, the list goes on.

Character submissions will be ending soon!

Baysha

Smash Ace
Job #70: Max (Max and Ruby)

Max and Ruby was a show that I really liked during my early childhood. So for this reason, I'm submitting him for this job. He could fight using his toys and causing his trademark mild mischief. His playstyle could be based around setting up specific toys to execute extreme combos. And he'd also have that "sideways smug glance" as a taunt, obviously.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Last edited:
Top Bottom