• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing stage "Smashville" confirmed. Animal Crossing character next?

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Now that we can see Tom Nook this most likely means he will not return. Mr. Resetti would be perfect for brawl. I mean come on! This mole has anger issues! This is the best way he can release his anger! Pickaxe of fury! Mr. Resetti for Brawl!!!!!!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Okay just because the AC have a stage dosn't mean that a character will be fighting in the game. Its time to think outside the box. Its not Melee anymore, did SSB have HRC NO, did SSB more than 1 single player mode NO, did SSB have a 2D character NO. Just because SSB had Board the Platforms did that mean SSBM had to? NO! This will be the same with Melee to Brawl. Levels can have Icons without characters, its not against the law. Plus Yoshi has a better chance because all characters from the first series have a 100% chance of returning, I'd most likely say that we haven't seen mr.resetti cause there was only 5 friekien pages which is clearly not enough to show that mr.Resetti would be in one of them. At the most Mr.Resetti will be a Assiste Trophy while tom nook sells his goods in the backround to the Human AC characters.
But Samurai Goroh has the Falcon symbol and Dr. Wright has the Smash symbol. Smashville has a fruit symbol and Tom Nook is in the stage. We are left with Mr. Resetti.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
But Samurai Goroh has the Falcon symbol and Dr. Wright has the Smash symbol. Smashville has a fruit symbol and Tom Nook is in the stage. We are left with Mr. Resetti.
So, that doesn't prove anything. Samurai Goroh came from a game that already had a symbol for Sakurai to use, so he used it so that people who did not know who the character was could associate him to a franchise. Does Sim City even have a symbol? I do not believe it does and Sakurai would not just event a symbol for ANOTHER franchise for no reason, so he just used the Smash Bros. icon.

As far as whether or not Tom Nook is confirmed/deconfirmed, there is no answer. There are way too many what ifs to prove anything at this moment.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Since they did put in Smashville, there is going to be some sort of AC appearance, but it will probably be only as an assist trophy. Resetti would be pretty good for that, since Nook is in the stage already and is ruled out. He could dig into the ground or platform and attack from below.

DGK all day

Smash Apprentice
I think there were only multiple Kirbys in that one Kirby game where he uses a cell phone to call other Kirbys but that game was made after SSBM and also the show

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
I think this basically confirms the existence of an Animal Crossing character. The reason there are so many naysayers is because people don't want an Animal Crossing character for some (in my opinion crazy) reason.

If it was a more popular franchise like, maybe... umm... Punch-Out!! then people right now would be jumping for joy saying that Little Mac was confirmed.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I need help with this...

Who is THIS character:

I hate to say it, but I think it might be Mr. Resetti.

I say that because whoever it is has the overalls AND he's only wearing one sock, something that Mr. Resetti said he was wearing in one of the discussions with him.

He's not holding a pickaxe, nor is he burrowed through the surface like usual, but unless someone can find an AC character which looks like this, then I'm going to sadly believe that this is indeed Mr. Resetti, which rules him out as playable.

FYI, were he playable, he'd probably be my favorite character in this game.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
It is a definite possibility, especially when you look at the symbol. Look here:

When Samurai Goro was confirmed as an AT, his update was given under the F-Zero symbol. No big deal, right? He's from F-Zero, so he should have an appropriate symbol. That's very true, until you look at this:

When Dr. Wright was announced, it was under that Smash Bros symbol. Not one for SimCity. Since Dr. Wright is the only character in SimCity, it's pretty safe to say another character from that game won't make it in as playable. So what does that tell us? It tells us that Sakurai and his team are not creating symbols for franchises that are not getting playable characters. Only symbols that are going to be used in-game for character icons and victory screens exist. Now looky here:

An Animal Crossing Symbol, right?

This definitely bodes well for an AC character to end up as playable. Very, very well. But since all of the major characters are shown in the BG of the new shots, I can't imagine who it would be.

Edit: Ferro beat me to it, huh? Stupid dial-up internet. >_>
No. No No. The only reason they gave the AC stage a symbol is because, well, think about it. It's just like putting a pokemon stage without the pokeball. Animal Crossing is a nintendo exclusive game. Simcity has appeared on other systems, like PC. If its nintendo-only, then there's a symbol.

That character is not resetii, it the TURNIP LADY! that comes every sunday!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
resetii would be the best character ever. he could beat you to death with his mining pick, burrow underground, and ***** at you for reseting the game

Metric

Smash Cadet
Are there even any animal crossing characters that can fight? I don't see how they can add one. I just don't see how it's plausible to have an animal crossing character. I like the level though. It looks fun.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well mr. resetti has a mining pick and i would imagine he knows how to use it. plus he is the most aggressive character in the game

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
In the stage dreamland 64 you can see Kirby in the backround flying but Kirby is playable
Thats King Dedede you n00b. If you've ever played a Kirby game you would have known that King Dedede can fly and suck up people(But not copy) just like Kirby. Some times he'll fly around and try to hit you and also will suck you up then spit up back out at the wall.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm done trying to be eloquent. I've posted this upwards of four times now, and Safari shuts down for no apparent reason every time I try to post it. This will now become a simple list.

1) Yes, it's Joan the turnip-seller

2) Quit being so naive, everyone. Yoshi is all but confirmed as of yet; Sakurai just needs to say the word. And while Nook, too, is unofficial, this update certainly boosts his chances and at least signifies the inclusion of one AC PC. I know that some of you feel that the inclusion of an AC icon is simply a matter of detail, but let me ask you this: how many of the Melee stages were unrelated to a playable character? None. (By stages, I should clarify that I mean franchise stages; Battlefield and the Smash-world stages are just generic areas). Someone from the AC world will appear on the playable roster. You can count on it.

3) Just because the characters are in the background doesn't mean that they won't disappear when you unlock and/or play as them. While Nook seems to be the shoo-in, my money goes to Totakeke. Sakurai's own excitement leads me to believe that K.K. will be unlocked by playing in Smashville on Saturday at 8 PM. This is mere speculation--by my own admission--but I think it's something to consider. Some of you are looking too deeply into it, while I think the solution could be right in front of us.

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
I think that k.k. is a possibility. He could use sound based attacks. Tom Nook is also possible, but I think his nephews could be playable because I don't see them anywhere on the stage.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
*puts fingers in ears*
LALALALALALALAALAAA!!!

Seriosuly, I coulden't stand the idea of AC characters becoming playable..
it's depressing to think of.
It's a sad world, where everyone seems to wan't AC people...
i echo this sentiment

these characters are UGLY and dumb looking

they would pollute the beauty of smash

this stage is plenty of limelight

and just cause it has an icon doesn't; mean anything

plus who from AC would be the one?

all the main characters are in the background

that would make no sense to double them

i;m hoping sakurai is just wanting to include some randoms stages from random nintendo places---that aren't; necessarily character based

bleh....

BLAH

lordsturm473

Smash Cadet
I don't see why we can't have the main character from Animal Crossing (that's YOU!) be the playable character. Sakurai already mentioned the Names system and how important it would be with the customizable controllers. It'd be simple: Just have the game ask for your gender, then it'd pick the male or female AC avatar and give it your name. I personally think it has more move options than the Mii does.

It can use tools for the Smash attacks (the ax, primarily, but I can see the other tools used as well), then the B moves could involve taking furniture and other things out of his/her bottomless pockets to attack with. Eh, eh?

spikeball

Smash Rookie
Well it seems that the stage will have different variations besides shades of day ... If you notice, the shot with Brewster and his coffee shop is in the same shade of the day as the pic with Nook, yet there is no coffee shop in the Nook pic.

Anywho, I love the pics for this stage, and I wonder if K.K. will distract those near (since the characters are facing him) and become open to attacks .......

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I expect the stage will be different when you start the match, all depending on the current time. I wonder how deep it'll go, though, as it may or may not change for holidays and such.

As for the character for AC, look at my sig. Resetti is the only AC character I could see as being worthy of combat.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Since a new Animal Crossing stage has just been confirmed, the chances of an Animal Crossing character are almost doubled. Also the fact that with the stage was confirmed with an Animal Crossing emblem, triples the chances. However, most of the Animal Crossing characters that would be playable appear in the background of Smashville, so...

I'm completely stumped here. Do you guys think that this stage means a new AC character?::chuckle:
The stage, I don't know, but the symbol indicated on the update:

I'm taking it that it means there's going to be a playable Animal Crossing character in the game! I, for one, am hoping it's Mr. Resetti!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm done trying to be eloquent. I've posted this upwards of four times now, and Safari shuts down for no apparent reason every time I try to post it. This will now become a simple list.

1) Yes, it's Joan the turnip-seller

2) Quit being so naive, everyone. Yoshi is all but confirmed as of yet; Sakurai just needs to say the word. And while Nook, too, is unofficial, this update certainly boosts his chances and at least signifies the inclusion of one AC PC. I know that some of you feel that the inclusion of an AC icon is simply a matter of detail, but let me ask you this: how many of the Melee stages were unrelated to a playable character? None. (By stages, I should clarify that I mean franchise stages; Battlefield and the Smash-world stages are just generic areas). Someone from the AC world will appear on the playable roster. You can count on it.

3) Just because the characters are in the background doesn't mean that they won't disappear when you unlock and/or play as them. While Nook seems to be the shoo-in, my money goes to Totakeke. Sakurai's own excitement leads me to believe that K.K. will be unlocked by playing in Smashville on Saturday at 8 PM. This is mere speculation--by my own admission--but I think it's something to consider. Some of you are looking too deeply into it, while I think the solution could be right in front of us.

Ya...um...no, except yes, that's Joan. There will not be a pacc.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the reason he added an Animal Crossing stage is to give Animal Crossing some rep because it won't have a character.

The reason it has a symbol is because when you select your stage, it shows the symbol behind the stage name.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mr. Resetti would be 8000 shades of cool. This might call for a drawing.

Final Smash: Resetti Lecture

You could unlock him by resetting in the middle of a match.

One can dream.

Edit: You guys are NAYSAYERS! GO SIT IN YOUR TOWER. >: I

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm taking it that it means there's going to be a playable Animal Crossing character in the game! I, for one, am hoping it's Mr. Resetti!
**** straight.

And make some space in your PM box, please. :p

People have to remember that Totakke and Mr. Resetti were both trophies in SSBM, and you earned the Resetti trophy by resetting mid-game.

How awesome would it be if, this time, resetting caused him to appear as a challenger?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am still behind Tom Nook as a playable character, but I think his chances are shot. The icon might just be for the stage (but having the background change according to the time of day and the day itself is awesome).

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Thats King Dedede you n00b. If you've ever played a Kirby game you would have known that King Dedede can fly and suck up people(But not copy) just like Kirby. Some times he'll fly around and try to hit you and also will suck you up then spit up back out at the wall.
They both appear in the background, actually.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
i echo this sentiment

these characters are UGLY and dumb looking

they would pollute the beauty of smash

this stage is plenty of limelight

and just cause it has an icon doesn't; mean anything

plus who from AC would be the one?

all the main characters are in the background

that would make no sense to double them

i;m hoping sakurai is just wanting to include some randoms stages from random nintendo places---that aren't; necessarily character based

bleh....

BLAH
-_-

*sigh*

Do you read? This whole thread has talked about who could represent AC as a PC, how an unlocked character would be removed from the background and how the icon really could mean something. You don't like AC characters? Fine. But at least do the rest of us a favor: stop being ignorant and actually read the topic. I wouldn't care if you were contributing to the discussion, but these are things that have already been discussed, and in a relatively short topic at that (5 pages on my browser settings).

/rant

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I didn't even know Mr. Resetti existed before this thread, but he would be great. He is beyond cool, and would be a better fighter than Tom Nook and Totakeke, which are already featured in the background, and those three characters are really the only ones recognizable enough to be playable characters. Its kind of the same thing with Shy Guy in Yoshi's Island stage, they probably won't be playable or even assistants now because they are part of the background.

And as for the stage that a playable character will be included, I don't think that is a great prediction. There was no Fire Emblem stage in SSBM, and Marth and Roy were playable characters. That's the reverse, but it's relevant nonetheless.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I love how assured people are that a particular character won't debut as playable because they "say so" or otherwise just don't "like" the character in question.

I despise Tingle, but I acknowledge that there's a VERY real chance that he will wind up in this game as playable because, for some godforsaken reason, someone over in Japan loves the fugly, irritating little b@stard.

Animal Crossing is a franchise which has sold over 10 million strong worldwide. Suggesting that AC somehow deserves just a level and then in the same sentence suggesting that franchises which haven't sold anywhere NEAR as well deserve one or even TWO playable characters is just about the biggest pile of BS I've ever seen.

Resetti stands a VERY good chance of being playable because everyone who has played Animal Crossing will know JUST who he is. Couple that with the fact that the creators acknowledged Resetti last game by making his trophy unlock when you reset the game and it only improves his chances even more.

I don't care if you hate the hell out of AC and everything in it: don't write off the chances because of your own personal tastes.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
And as for the stage that a playable character will be included, I don't think that is a great prediction. There was no Fire Emblem stage in SSBM, and Marth and Roy were playable characters. That's the reverse, but it's relevant nonetheless.
Akinea was going to be in the game (it's even in the debug level select) but it was scrapped because Melee was rushed out the door.

In that case, there wasn't an intention of violating the rule, they just had no choice.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
But that's just it. A square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't necessarily a square. There were only two Zelda stages, but four Zelda characters. That left two without stages of their own. Conversely, there were two/three Yoshi stages, but obviously only one franchise representative. The same situation presents itself with DK. Also note that, while Balloon Fighter appeared in the Melee beta, his alternate music on Icicle Mountain would have been the only representation he had as far as stages go.

To include a stage, the team includes music to fit and a character to utilize said stage. Other characters that don't get stages are still represented with alternate music. Granted, this is based on Melee's system, but I think the general idea will hold true for Brawl.

The inclusion of a stage always means the inclusion of a relative character. The inclusion of a character does NOT always mean the inclusion of a relative stage. You're driving the opposite direction down a one-way street.

Top Bottom