• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing stage "Smashville" confirmed. Animal Crossing character next?

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm glad you can eloquently portray your lack of a point Brofanf1520986745.

I do believe that no one knew who Mr. Game & Watch was when he was put in. Ness was also generally unknown to the majority. Same for Ice Climbers. On the other hand, Animal Crossing, both for the GC and DS, have sold millions of copies, which means Millions of people know who characters like Tom Nook and Mr. Resetti are. They also understand the concept of the AC Boy/Girl. Not well known? Yeah, I can see that.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
there would be no point in having a AC character, theres no heroes in that game, so its kinda pointless....why would they have a character from AC thats not even famous, when they could choose from a whole variety of famous characters that they have, that would make so much more sense, sure a stage would be cool from AC but a character is going a little too far for a game like AC
Those Ice Climbers are sooo heroic. I mean, if they didn't climb that mountain, and collect all the eggplants in the bonus round, who knows what would have happened to ...

Wait a minute.

That game doesn't even have a plot! LOLOLOLOL

brofan15

Smash Cadet
the place on the corner of that one street
ah ha so u do know who the ice climbers are though, not the same for AC when someone says remember that in smashville? 99% poeple will say whats smashville, but for IC u can say remember that for the IC 80% will say oh yea i remember them, dude just face it yes AC sold millions, so did IC, mr game and watch, and any others u can say, but AC just isnt one of those games that would FIT into a SSB game!!! i can see them fitting a stage into the game since it is from nintendo, just not a character

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't think you get it, Brofan.

Do some research. Find me the sales numbers for Animal Crossing, and Animal Crossing: Wild World.

Then find me the sales numbers for Ice Climbers and Game & Watch consoles.

Make sure to cite your sources, and post them back here.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you one of the game creators and know what does and doesn't fit in a game?

I'm sure if you were in charge it would be Super Link Bros. Melee. Now with 80 versions of Adult Link. Because Young Link is for kids and I'm a mature manly man.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirby is 8 inches tall and easy to draw. Kirby's Adventure teaches you how to draw him.

Jigglypuff is also a pink puffball. Pichu is a tiny rat.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
yea i know AC wouldent fit in! lets see, a stupid little 2 foot 5 second drawn guy mdiget looking thing fighting Link? lol!
What is Link, other than some scrawny teenager that pulls bombs out of his ***?

Hell, there's even a frickin space fox, with his falcon wingman.

There's nothing wrong with adding any sort of Animal Crossing character to Smash Bros. Last time I checked, SSB isn't about realism.

brofan15

Smash Cadet
omg look, Link first of all, has been a franchise that almost made nintendo what it is, kirby yeah, but hes well known!, mr game and watch, i would like to see brawl without him, but still cmon a AC character would look so out of place, kirby does a look a lil out of place, but has his spot, pichu can go too, you guys just named all the crappy characters out of the game, AC would fall into the same spot of crappy characters that dont belong

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
omg look, Link first of all, has been a franchise that almost made nintendo what it is, kirby yeah, but hes well known!, mr game and watch, i would like to see brawl without him, but still cmon a AC character would look so out of place, kirby does a look a lil out of place, but has his spot, pichu can go too, you guys just named all the crappy characters out of the game, AC would fall into the same spot of crappy characters that dont belong
By this logic, you're stating that the only people worth being in the game are characters from Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox and Pokemon.

F-Zero, Mother, Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Wario Ware, Fire Emblem, etc... those are all great games, but, like you stated before, they're no Zelda.

Plus, did you not even notice the fact that this game isn't about common sense.

brofan15

Smash Cadet
no, iam saying the people that dont fit into the game, the ones that just dont look like they are meant to fight, FE, kid icarus and all those, they are the ones that look like this is there game, not they are just in the game cuz they are from nintendo, nintendo should only put the charcters that acutally fight in there own games,

and also, yes this game isnt that serious, but...dont put characters that will lower the game even lower to stupidty

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
no, iam saying the people that dont fit into the game, the ones that just dont look like they are meant to fight, FE, kid icarus and all those, they are the ones that look like this is there game, not they are just in the game cuz they are from nintendo, nintendo should only put the charcters that acutally fight in there own games
You don't make any sense, but that's okay, because Smash Bros. itself doesn't make any sense. Princess Peach fighting Mario?! Link and Samus existing in the same game?! Come on, ANYTHING can happen.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kero, you're missing the point. EVERY CHARACTER HAS TO BE A MANLY FIGHTER.GRRRR! SWORDS PLZ.

C'mon. If you want a serious fighting game (Serious as in content and look, not quality of play and compeition) you should get Soul Calibur or something. That way you can play as Link AND not complain about what characters do and don't fit into the game.

Although, everyone does that. I'll complain about minor characters not being suitable for the game, like playing as some C list pokemon. MAGIKARP 4 BRAWL!

edit: 56k doesn't let me post fast enough. If the debate is over, that's fine.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
No need to apologize for how you feel. I can see your point, Tom Nook appearing as a fighter would seem a little eccentric, but before Melee was released, I thought they were joking when they showed screenshots of the 2D Mr. Game & Watch in the fray. To this day, I still think he looks out of place, but that's alright. He's apart of Nintendo's history, and deserves a spot just as much as anyone else.

Just because you can't "see" a character appearing in a game, read between the lines, look a little further. We have yet to see the surprises that will be unfolded.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Don't get all your hopes up, this could end up as the 1st non-Smash Bros. Related stage to not get a represented character. Nintendo can easily do weird facts like that, even though i guess that it may happen due to the icon. But in contrast i'd rather play as an original Animal Crossing character then having Pichu return.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
ok heroes, or villians, dude did u read the post up above yours before u started blabbing about stupid stuff?
Hey!

...Shut up!

Yeah, I didn't, I usually post things right after someone does, but it's not my fault! Theyre like, one second right after the other!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Kero, you're missing the point. EVERY CHARACTER HAS TO BE A MANLY FIGHTER.GRRRR! SWORDS PLZ..

Bummer,look likes Pikachu,Peach,Yoshi,and Pikachu are all out then.(Never mind if that was sarcasm)

Also, I have a theory I'm throwing in the ring: Is this stage going to be unlockable or not? I mean,why Sakurai talk about something that's unlockable?(Snake is an exception,he was put in the trailer just to build hype for the game.) Therefore,why would he try to show offf an AC character if its unlockable?

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I'm not for or against Nook (I'd like him, but I ain't an avid supporter), but there is one thing that irks me about the stage release, and it isn't that Nook is in the background.

It's the symbol, but I'm thinking about it in the opposite way of everyone else- sure, every character has had their own symbol. It's true and you can't deny it. But... every stage has had its own symbol too. This could possibly be the first (yeah yeah I know, "there always a first") non-character-non-generic stage. All the stages not owned by characters in past games were stages not owned by anyone, which is why they got the smash symbol we all know and love. This could be Brawl's alternative to having multiple generic "Battlefield" stages (Final Destination) with nothing special about them.

And from what I've seen on the stage, it would fill that purpose fairly well.

BUT, there's no way of telling... but I thought I'd throw the thought out in a more organized manner that the symbol could represent a stage like they also always have, and not necessarily the character.

Although I am suspicious that, if you right click the icon, it's labeled number 15, which is among all the character symbols (DK being 2, and series symbols going all the way to 18, Pit's symbol). Odd placement for it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hiemie brought up a good point: if Smashville doesn't have a corresponding AC character, who would fight there in Classic Mode?

I can't believe that people are still arguing this point. As far as I'm concerned, icon = character. It's on the icon list among franchises at #15--meaning between #14 (as of yet unknown) and #16 (Made in Wario). Should the icons listed correspond first and foremost to playable characters, and the AC icon be relevant to a stage only and not a character, wouldn't you think that the AC icon would be listed AFTER the others?

...Oh, look: it's not. It's right in the middle. I'm tired of hearing "Nook is in the background". So what?! If someone is playing as Nook on Smashville, it takes one line of code to remove Nook from the list of characters that may or may not appear in the background during that match. Even so, there is always the prospect of unlocking Totakeke, who could just as easily be replaced by a stereo from the game or (conversely) not be replaced at all and just not have a concert that evening. Mr. Resetti has no reason not to appear, as he isn't even featured in any screenshots.

There are still possibilities for playable AC characters. Personally, I don't really like G&W, nor do I like Pichu, Young Link, Dr. Mario or Roy. All five of them are in Melee. Just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean it isn't possible, let alone factual. I can't wait for an AC character to be revealed as a part of the playable roster.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I bet Sakurai just gave us the stage on friday just as a topic for people to speculate about til monday comes around.... And thats when the big news comes around about the AC character :O

Or, monday COULD just be HOW TO JUMP LAWLZ

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yeah I don't see how people can be in such denial over an AC character? There's the stage, there's the symbol, how much proof do you need?
Sigh......it's not that anyone's in denial. We're just not jumping to conclusions, like you are.

Yes, a stage DOES heighten an AC's characters chances of being in Brawl.

But i confirms NOTHING.

Until they ACTUALLY reveal an AC character, nothing is for sure. This isn't Melee, so don't assume that every stage will reflect a character. It certainly makes sense, but this is a new game. It may not play by the same rules when it comes to character/stage inclusion.

At this rate, I would not be surprised at all if an AC character makes it in. But saying an AC character is in, is jumping the gun a little.

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
-.-

Since a new Animal Crossing stage has just been confirmed, the chances of an Animal Crossing character are almost doubled. Also the fact that with the stage was confirmed with an Animal Crossing emblem, triples the chances. However, most of the Animal Crossing characters that would be playable appear in the background of Smashville, so...

I'm completely stumped here. Do you guys think that this stage means a new AC character?::chuckle:
-Foggy-

Believe me when I say that an AC character would not go far in SSBB.
Seriously man, think about it, take a second, *ding*, see wat i mean?
If not, ask any1 else! But, hey, this is just 1 man's opinion. Wat do the rest
of u think?! I eagerly aw8 ur comments! U know who I am!
the name is Kakashi-dono.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I bet Sakurai just gave us the stage on friday just as a topic for people to speculate about til monday comes around.... And thats when the big news comes around about the AC character :O

Or, monday COULD just be HOW TO JUMP LAWLZ
That's just what I was thinking!

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that AC doesn't get a playable chaarcter.

I think a stage is more then enough to represent Animal Crossing, maybe they can have an AT, but I would prefer if they only had a stage.

Hax

Smash Champion
we need an AC character, tom nook would be awesome.

and of course...

mista resettiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
it seems to me that the last picture(with the dog playing guitar...i forgot his name ^_^)looks more like a cut scene then actual game play since fox and pikachu are both watching him perform.

Maybe its a cutscene that leads to you fighting and unlocking him?

idk. speculation!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
it seems to me that the last picture(with the dog playing guitar...i forgot his name ^_^)looks more like a cut scene then actual game play since fox and pikachu are both watching him perform.

Maybe its a cutscene that leads to you fighting and unlocking him?

idk. speculation!
I had the same idea as an unlock method. Maybe K.K. will come out to fight, or he'll play in the background while Tom Nook challenges you to battle.

Top Bottom