• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing stage "Smashville" confirmed. Animal Crossing character next?

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
My theory is that Nook will only be in the background when he is not being played...

Just like in Tekken 5 when Lee IS in the background of the stage "poolside" when he's not being played. But when he is played at that stage, he is nowhere to be seen in his comfortable little seat with all the women around!!

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
But that's just it. A square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't necessarily a square. There were only two Zelda stages, but four Zelda characters. That left two without stages of their own. Conversely, there were two/three Yoshi stages, but obviously only one franchise representative. The same situation presents itself with DK. Also note that, while Balloon Fighter appeared in the Melee beta, his alternate music on Icicle Mountain would have been the only representation he had as far as stages go.

To include a stage, the team includes music to fit and a character to utilize said stage. Other characters that don't get stages are still represented with alternate music. Granted, this is based on Melee's system, but I think the general idea will hold true for Brawl.

The inclusion of a stage always means the inclusion of a relative character. The inclusion of a character does NOT always mean the inclusion of a relative stage. You're driving the opposite direction down a one-way street.
but we dont really know enough about BRawl yet to say that it will be the same...
maybe there will be courses from games with no PC in Brawl simply so that more games are represented...
as strange as it would be to me, i could see it...
i think this game is gonna be very different from the last 2 in the series, what with new ideas like the final smash and the possibility of online play...
for the record...
i would rather see Mr. Ressetti or however his name is spelled as a PC than Tom Nook...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Maybe the playable character will be the kid you play as in the AC games. I don't think he has a name though, but I've never played AC games so I'm not sure. Maybe they can call him Mr. Animal Crossing or Animal Crosser. Or maybe they could come up with a good name.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Maybe the playable character will be the kid you play as in the AC games. I don't think he has a name though, but I've never played AC games so I'm not sure. Maybe they can call him Mr. Animal Crossing or Animal Crosser. Or maybe they could come up with a good name.
I don't like that kid.He's weird looking.I'd rather have Tom Nook,but he appears to be in the background,so that might be a no go...:urg:

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Wow! Good find people! I noticed the leaf symbol with the Animal Crossing stage, but failed to notice that Dr. Wright just got a smash symbol. It's also very logical that if Tom Nook is playable, he won't appear in the backround. That makes sense to me (if they are going all out as to have Totakeke play his guitar on Saturday night at 8 PM, I don't see why Tom Nook can't fight and be absent from the backround.)

Tom Nook is the best candidate from the Animal Crossing legacy. He can fight with a shovel, clearly, maybe even scoop people up with a bug catching net. If he sells these items in his store, he can just as easily use them! I'm supporting the Tom Nook idea, I like it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Tom Nook is the best candidate from the Animal Crossing legacy. He can fight with a shovel, clearly, maybe even scoop people up with a bug catching net. If he sells these items in his store, he can just as easily use them! I'm supporting the Tom Nook idea, I like it.
I like it, too! I think that Nook, K.K. and Resetti are the only three real contenders for spots in Brawl as far as AC is concerned. I think having the AC Players would just be odd and not as fun. If Sakurai really wants to represent the individual, he'll include Miis. Either way, I'd love to see an AC PC, and it looks to me like we will. :)

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I actually think Tom Nook will be the Mr. Game & Watch of Brawl. His art style is different and doesn't really fit in with the other fighters, but hey, did Mr. G & W? (He REALLY stood out, and not in a good way.)

There are plenty of things Tom Nook could do to be a suitable fighter. Plenty of weapons (like I mention before, shovels, bug-catching net, heck, even paint cans!) Anything from the Animal Crossing universe could be used in Tom's favor (he could even call upon a swarm of bees.)

What I would really like out of this stage is if the town jingle played by the hour.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^^ Love the idea. I wonder if we'd even get to input our own Town Tune to use...? =)

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Nice though Aeris, but I doubt it... the default town comes with a default theme (and in my opinion, it's awful, but memorable.) I had an amazing town tune that sounded perfect, but if they do include the feature of the jingle playing every hour, it will probably be just the default tune (I doubt they would add a section for you to make your own theme.)

Another tidbit is that symbol is actually Tom Nook's store emblem (which is another high indication he is the one who will make it, if any does.)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Obvious as that is, I had never even considered that fact. I had just automatically made the basic association of "hey, look, Animal Crossing icon". Further proof that Nook is our most likely candidate. Nice work!

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
i cannot fathom why AC characters should be playable in this game. you know they could just put in a stage for them and thats it. not everything has to have the same reasoning as it was in melee. not every stage is going to have a character to represent it just like every weapon or item wont. then theres the whole dr wright icon thing.

simcity, the series that he's representing isnt getting a stage hence why they just gave it the smash icon. Pokemon already is getting a stage that's why groudon has a pokeball icon. and he's certainly not a playble character. so since animal crossing is getting a stage they had to put an icon for it like duh thats common sense. and thus we have the little leaf icon which is an icon for the AC stage. so basically just because i t has it's own icon like every other stage in the game doesnt mean a character MUST be playable.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Meh, AC will probably have a representative, but it might not, and I won't feel any worse. I'm fine with this cool stage.

Man, if Sakurai could have made everyone talk and argue, it would be intoducing a stage before introducing a rep.

P.S to Creo, I'm sorry about butchering your name, I suck at spelling.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I agree with both of the above posts. And some others. Actually, I agree with a whole lot of people.

Tom Nook is awesome, but as I keep saying... yeah, what tstumo said.

Sakurai is an evil little bugger, isn't he?

It would be such a RIOT if Tom Nook was confirmed come monday. XD

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
What happens if you're playing online against someone in a different time zone? Does the stage look different on their screen?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If they showed an AC rep on Monday I will keep saying "I Told You So." so much, I might even make it my sig.
Ditto, my friend. I think that an AC rep would be a secret character if anything, but I'll be right there with you should one get confirmed any time soon, let alone at all. :)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
It would be such a RIOT if Tom Nook was confirmed come monday. XD
That would win so hard I think I would choke to death laughing.

As soon as an AC character gets confirmed, I'm going to gather up every "Animal Crossing will never get a character in Brawl" post I can find, make the worlds biggest "I ****ing told you so!" thread, and PM a link to it to every person that I quote. :laugh:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
What happens if you're playing online against someone in a different time zone? Does the stage look different on their screen?
It will look as it does for the player who hosted it.

Also, don't expect cross-region play with SSBB. The worst you could have for AC is 2-3 hours off, by time zone.

As soon as an AC character gets confirmed, I'm going to gather up every "Animal Crossing will never get a character in Brawl" post I can find, make the worlds biggest "I ****ing told you so!" thread, and PM a link to it to every person that I quote. :laugh:
I'd like to see that, if it happened. I'm still not 100%, but the fact that AC has been considered for inclusion is a huge step in that direction.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why not? You can play people in other regions on other Nintendo wifi games.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Mr. Resetti would be 8000 shades of cool. This might call for a drawing.

Final Smash: Resetti Lecture

You could unlock him by resetting in the middle of a match.

One can dream.

Edit: You guys are NAYSAYERS! GO SIT IN YOUR TOWER. >: I
Two can dream, actually, because I have the same idea in mind!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Why not? You can play people in other regions on other Nintendo wifi games.
You can't with Mario Strikers due to how network intensive it is.

Brawl will be the same way. Even the tiniest bit of latency will kill a Brawl game.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
One person gave a good idea of Nook becoming part of the game by selling tophies and alternate costumes, that's probably the best and most unique idea I've heard yet.
See, I disagree. I think that the role of shopkeeper is unoriginal and, essentially, a cop-out. Being a devoted fan of Toad, it is always disheartening to see my favorite mushroom selling items, explaining rules, keeping score, etc. in games that could just as easily feature him as a playable character. Imagine how frustrating it was for me to sit through four Mario Parties with Toad just out of reach. Even more frustrating was thoroughly enjoying playing as Toad in Mario Tennis 64, only to have him relegated to the sidelines in favor of--Petey Piranha?! Both Toad and Nook have potential in Brawl (they did it for CF, so they can do it for anyone), Toad especially because of his extensive background. With a little creativity, both characters would make highly interesting and exciting additions to the playable roster. Nothing makes me more irate than seeing a perfectly good character wasted as a shopkeeper.

Toad AND Nook for Brawl! :)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
This is what I wrote on another board:

I'm all for Blanca.

Face it, she's customisable, yet the customisation doesn't have any influences on the gameplay except for the visual part. It's all Animal Crossing on the customisation part while keeping her from getting banned at tournaments because of balance issues.

brofan15

Smash Cadet
the place on the corner of that one street
there would be no point in having a AC character, theres no heroes in that game, so its kinda pointless....why would they have a character from AC thats not even famous, when they could choose from a whole variety of famous characters that they have, that would make so much more sense, sure a stage would be cool from AC but a character is going a little too far for a game like AC

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Blanca? I'm going to have to disagree. I admit she was a mysterious character and quite interesting (I've had extensive conversations with her before on the train and in town.) To be quite frank, she isn't an animal, or human, she's.... well, who knows? She told me once that she can take many forms (that kind of freaked me out.)

That's not the point though. Blanca is sort of shrouded in mystery and we know absolutely and virtually nothing about her. She is constantly losing her face, and I can't see them including a feature where you could draw a face for her. That doesn't seem probable.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
You'll never know. Maybe once you've unlocked Blanca, there will be a special Blanca mode, where you can draw a face for her, after which you can take it with you on your profile.

Blanca IS Animal Crossing. She's the only one in Animal Crossing which doesn't just give you the option of customising something in-game, but actually allows you to customise HER.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Like I said in another thread, Kapp'n and his sea shanties of love and loss.

Zucchinis spook.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Just because there are no "heroes" in Animal Crossing, doesn't mean a character can't represent the franchise and fight. I would not consider Mr. Game & Watch a hero, nor would I consider Jigglypuff a hero, nor Pichu. They are just characters fighting in a game, no more, no less.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Just because there are no "heroes" in Animal Crossing, doesn't mean a character can't represent the franchise and fight. I would not consider Mr. Game & Watch a hero, nor would I consider Jigglypuff a hero, nor Pichu. They are just characters fighting in a game, no more, no less.
"heroes"?! Who said anything about heroes?!

Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo are all VILLAINS! And THEY'RE in Brawl!

Oh, you were talking about what someone else said. Well, whoever said that is totally stupid.

Top Bottom