• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Andross for Brawl! Starfox needs a cool enemy

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well if wolf would be a fox clone, then there would be Falco, Fox, and Wolf with basically the same moveset. Wouldn't you want more variety or will you settle for that lame scenario. Andross could be designed as he was before he was transformed.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
An original Wolf moveset has already been shown so whilst he would be somewhat similiar to Fox in appearance he would play absolutely nothing like him.

Andross was a floating head with some hands and whilst Fox and Falco never came out of their vechicles they did have a body; Andross does not.

I agree that it doesn't matter if he's dead or that he was huge but the idea that they (the developers) would have to first create a completely new character model and decide on his size, his speed and his strength from nowhere and then create a move list from nowhere (yes, I know they did that with Falco but he at least had a body and he was the leading/most recognizable character from the F-Zero franchise and Fox had the same problem - although he had the futureistic theme to get ideas from) is just plain ********.

Basically this idea of Andross being in the game before he was a floating head is stupid and the idea of having a floating head character is also pretty stupid.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
If andross is his giant head and hands form, then he could replace master hand as the final boss. That's all I can see him doing. Wolf's design and theme are way to similar to fox's. Chances are he will be a lugified fox. Even the concept of the booster pack is just the same as the fire fox......just with a booster pack.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Fox and Falco had bodies and they're bodies were SHOWN. Tell me a time when you've seen Andross' body. Go on. Andross as a character is designed without a body. That's how it is and how it will be kept.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hes STILL saying Fox and wolf are gonna be clones?! THERE ARENT GONNA BE CLONES IN BRAWL!!! Also So far I havent seen ANYONE agreeing with u, thus everybody would rather have Wolf in brawl...

Blazer

Smash Ace
He needs to take notice of the fact that he is alone against an entire board full of people.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thats what ive been tellin him but he just doesnt undertsand, Andross has no chance to be in brawl, maybe only as a boss.... MAYBE

Blazer

Smash Ace
Andross hasn't even got a shot as a boss in all likelihood. He is a head and hands that isn't exactly popular.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Stryks said:
Also General scales would be a better than Androsss, hell an aparoid would be better!!
Hmmm.... I never once thought of General Scales... it might be hard to make a moveset, but he'd definitely be unique. Someone should try to create one! :)

As for Andross... sorry, but no. He really would look too much like Cranky plus there are other major characters (Wolf and Krystal in particular) who would probably be better suited for the Starfox fighters. :ohwell:

If anything, Andross could make for an interesting mini-boss. (like a mix of Master and Crazy!)

BTW, bowserlicks, you forgot one little addition for your proposed moveset:

Super Smash: Andross reverts into his traditional form and slams his hands together a few times, dealing damage to anyone caught in his hands. (Kind of like a "team" move Master and Crazy use)

Stryks

Smash Hero
General scales has the look of a fighter so he may have a chance... a very small one... but he has, not like Andross that has like 0%

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I bet Andross does get in. Not many people could have predicted Game and Watch as a playable character. And many people said that there was a zero chance that third party characters would get in. This might be one of those suprises. Plus he has alot of design space around him since he wasn't designed before in full body and regular size.

Star Wolf is a bore. All the posted movelists are still too similar to Fox and Falco. Do we really need three characters with moves that look the same? Of course they will play differently because they have different stats, but the moves would get repetitive.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
kaid said:
Wolf would get a Starfox Assault based moveset.

^B: Booster pack
>B: Homing Launcher
B: Machinegun (3 shot burst)
vB: Sniper Rifle.

Andross, on the other hand, would be confused with Cranky Kong.

In that moveset three of Wolf's specials are projectiles; i.e. not like Fox and Falco.

Also the Booster Pack (In Star Fox: Assualt) gave a relatively slow descent compared to Fox and Falco's fast falling after using their ^Bs.

bowserlick said:
I bet Andross does get in. Not many people could have predicted Game and Watch as a playable character. And many people said that there was a zero chance that third party characters would get in. This might be one of those suprises
I love it when people use that; its the vainest hope imaginable.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oh my... *shoots himself in the head*... *revives with fury*... THERE ARE NOT GONNA BE CLONES IN BRAWL! and just because soe guys here in the boards said hey I made a moveset! That moveset AINT gonna be in the game, we do it for fun, And I bet andross WONT be in brawl, why u ask?, cause only u want him, so far no one has said: yeah i want him too! Wolf is in like 96% of the people here candidate list... dude u wont convince us...
"But he was a scientist before he became a giant head!"
Wow really? We all know that

"They can make up a body and give him some attacks"
Like what throw potions? I can c his taunt now: Fear my microscope!

"Hes fox main villain!"
We know and we dont care, and evil ape wantin to take over the world? wow sounds like planet of the apes to me...

"StarWolf would just be another clone of Starfox"
Ok:
1) Its WOLF O'DONNELL not starwolf and its FOX MCLOUD not Starfox!!
2) He wouldnt be a clone cause there WONT be clones in brawl
3) He would have a diferent moveset from Fox there too diferent!

"Starwolf would just have a JETPACK like starfox"
WTF?! Since when did FOX have a jetpack?!

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
I agree with most of your points Stryks (I just used the moveset as an example that Wolf could have his own moveset and thus him andFox would not have to be slow/fast clones of eachother) but in the Starfox Assualt multiplayer there was a booster pack that you could unlock; I presumed (and still do) that that was the Fox jetpack.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok yeh tru forgot, but he means in he said he would have a jetpack just like fox (he was talkin about melee) and we all know fox doesnt use a jetpack in ANY ssb game...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wolf is like Falco, Fox's rival, but evil. Therefore, it seems more likely to have Fox's RIVAL then his villian

Andross is a vilian, and a lame one at that.
"OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! I'M A GIANT FLOATING HEAD!!!!"
Oh, not as a head you say? as the scientist before he became a head?
"OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! I'M A SCIENTIST! FEAR MY SciENTIFIC THEORY!!!!! I HYPOTHESIZE YOU WILL LOSE TO THE POWER OF SCIENCE!!!"
If it where androsses's brain from Star fox 64, that would be cool. Instead, we have an erect standing Crankey Kong. In short, Wolf > Andross > Scientist Andross

Stryks

Smash Hero
hemightbegiant said:
Wolf is like Falco, Fox's rival, but evil. Therefore, it seems more likely to have Fox's RIVAL then his villian

Andross is a vilian, and a lame one at that.
"OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! I'M A GIANT FLOATING HEAD!!!!"
Oh, not as a head you say? as the scientist before he became a head?
"OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! I'M A SCIENTIST! FEAR MY SciENTIFIC THEORY!!!!! I HYPOTHESIZE YOU WILL LOSE TO THE POWER OF SCIENCE!!!"
If it where androsses's brain from Star fox 64, that would be cool. Instead, we have an erect standing Crankey Kong. In short, Wolf > Andross > Scientist Andross
Lol he did the same thing I did... OK so I guess we can all agree Andross is a NO for Brawl...
P.S. 700 post!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Andross is a lame villan. He is too easy to beat in the star fox game. He needs to be a no for brawl.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Andross is just a bad character idea in general. I hope he never makes it in Smash or another Starfox game. Ever.

He could be used as a boss like Ridley should be. <---- This sentence was used to anger the Ridley fans.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Vulpine51 said:
Andross is just a bad character idea in general. I hope he never makes it in Smash or another Starfox game. Ever.

He could be used as a boss like Ridley should be. <---- This sentence was used to anger the Ridley fans.
U have angry me.... Ridley would pwn so much in brawl... and hell if Andross IS gonna be added only... ONLY as a boss

Stryks

Smash Hero
U mean the aparoids? They were a LOT better than adross and his army, at least they look cool and almost killed every friend of Star Fox

saberhof

Smash Master
they did?...where??...unless your talking about the first boss in the game?..

(people are still debating about andross?, screw him!)

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Stryks said:
U mean the aparoids? They were a LOT better than adross and his army, at least they look cool and almost killed every friend of Star Fox
I think its the first lvl but Andrew Okinney or whatever his name is acts as a sub boss and is a re make of Andross. After that it goes to the aparoids. As for Andross though he isnt going to get in as a playable character.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but Andross gets "pwned" by the support for Wolf and Krystal.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Starfox needs his main villain. Andross should be in Brawl. Yes, he is the insane monkey who transformed himself into a giant head with two pretty giant hands. And yes he is also a massive cube. But of course that would just be silly to put those versions in. They need to make a model for the demented scientist he was before he experimented on himself. He would be a little taller then fox and have legs and a torso and all the other junk.
Dude Andross is already in melee, he's Master hand and crazy hand without a face.

But seriously, Master hand has more chance to be playable in Brawl than Andross.

And what about the size of this character?

............later

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
garg. me angered.

Anyway, I think it would be safe to say that even General Scales would have more chance than Andross. At least Scales looks like he could fight

Top Bottom