• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Analyzing the Nostalgia Effect

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I really want to comment, but am currently at work. I envision a long post contrasting Chrono Trigger with TWEWY with Silver Surfer with the Duke Nukem series.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Teran- Well of course people are different, but it's not as if I don't enjoy playing the anymore.

I still love playing it, but the experience is different now. It was cool thinking that the E4 was tough, now I just get my venusaur and am like 'lolsleeppowdergrowthx6megadrain'.

Competitive battling obviously offers a different kind of entertainment, and I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I personally one is compromised for the other.

Also they have cartridge RBY on PO now you should come on and beat me.

:phone:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
E4 were considered tough?

\o__o/

I can understand people are different, but eh, I think it's kinda sad they can't maintain their childlike enjoyment while playing the games. I suppose it's because most people were just really bad at games as children.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I really want to comment, but am currently at work. I envision a long post contrasting Chrono Trigger with TWEWY with Silver Surfer with the Duke Nukem series.
You just made a post about wanting to comment on the thread. Instead of a 2 sentence comment on the topic you made a 2 sentence comment about...wanting to...I...but...

What?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
E4 were considered tough?

\o__o/

I can understand people are different, but eh, I think it's kinda sad they can't maintain their childlike enjoyment while playing the games. I suppose it's because most people were just really bad at games as children.
I attempt to maintain a positive attitude when going in to a game so I don't get so jaded by themes and values I have already seen before. I'll admit that being around certain sayings and memes makes playing Skyrim, for instance, much tougher.

Also I'm willing to admit that falcon has a point when he mentions Skyrim because i too believe there are some hidden gems out there most people haven't played. It's sad. :(

Still, I still believe that the hidden stuff can be good. I can't be bothered to make a long-winded post why because I don't really think it'll do much but the textbooks are valid. My brother studies game design at university and at the beginning of his trimester he was given this book (made recently too) which explains the basics and fundamentals of game design and it points these things out. The university he studies at is respectable and offers good courses. I'm in Australia so you likely wouldn't know the university, not sure about the textbook. Can't remember its exact name but its sitting in my brother's room atm somewhere....

Anyway, i'm beginning to dislike checking this thread. Just chucking that out there. It feels like a flame war and I hate being in those. Sorry guys. :(

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I feel you're mistaking not explaining every little thing to the player, leaving things to be discovered instead, and literally making a stat you must know for pro play invisible for no reason. If that's in a textbook or some **** I would LOOOVE to see the quote.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It's pretty easy for any casual player to never find it yet it's a must know for competitive play, and the way you have to grind for it along with the fact that you can't even ****ing see it so you don't know what it is unless you keep close track of it from the start or some **** makes it stupid and pointless. There's a difference between the explicit difference between the ak 47 and carbine in Counter Strike not being blatantly explained to you and a stat in a ****ing rpg you can't see or really notice unless you read about it on the internet.

There's a reason people use pokesav or shoddy battle, it's because things like EV's and whatnot just ruin Pokemon as a competitive game in general due to the ******** excessive grinding. Seriously, imagine if EV's were just a number you could manually edit at any point but with the same limits they have right now. So the only difference is that you don't grind and you can see the number. How would that not be better for competitive play? No one enjoys grinding for ev's, you know that right? Casual players don't know it exists so their ev values get ****ed and competitive players end up hacking in **** so they don't have to grind, so explain to me what the **** is the point of making them invisible/something to grind other than making things hard for no reason? You can't explain, btw, you've shown that repeatedly by making very weak statements about how the community eventually finds out and...something. There's a huge difference between a game having subtle nuances and gradually teaching the player as they go through and just plain hiding vital information for ****s and giggles, even worse when it requires ridiculous grinding which pretty much violates what should be competitive standard/

I'm still waiting for those Mickey Mouse **** textbook quotes.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
In any case, from a 'game design' point of view, having no completely hidden stats is actually often pretty bad. if a player knows this then it reduces the amount of fun. Take a first person shooter. A carbine might shoot just slightly faster than an assault rifle but then the carbine may be just slightly less accurate. A player who knows this who is good with accuracy will then just pick the carbine and go nuts. It changes the way players play and this can be to a game's detriment. I can't say I think it's a great thing that a Ganondorf will pretty much always lose to a meta knight (at top level play), although to be fair this was worked out by the players. There are exceptions but still, even competitively it just reduces variety between, for instance, characters you will see and verse (in the case of brawl) or guns you will be shot at with, etc etc.
I'd like to remind everyone of this quote when I say I'm pretty sure whatever Luco is about to quote was most likely misinterpreted by him. The idea that players will know a character or gun is bad based off their stats is, in his mind, according to this quote, bad. I feel like I shouldn't have to respond anymore after looking over this, because it baffles me. He didn't make a case for how it's bad, his case was that making the player learn things delays the inevitable, such as Ganon sucking compared to Meta Knight, which is hilarious to me because that is absolutely nothing ****ing like EV's and had nothing to do with my point, not only that but it's a stupid ****ing idea of "bad". I keep looking it over and thinking "wow Jesus this guy doesn't even know what he's saying anymore. So, the argument is that if the player knows something, variety is reduced. You're on a ****ing website that makes it really ****ing easy to see what is and isn't top tier, the best moves to use on each part of each ****ing map, etc. and your argument is "well it wasn't explicitly stated in game that Ganon sucks, thus variety was preserved."

Really, tell me I'm wrong here. Keep reading that quote and tell me I'm wrong, I ****ing dare you. After I see this dumb book quote, I'm probably done arguing with you because you do not have the slightest idea when it comes to what you're talking about, but for the record, I hope you know that there's no established reason why I should take that book's idea or any school's idea on game design more seriously than any others' opinion when I don't even agree with most of the ****ing people working in the game industry right now.

This is some Mickey Mouse ****.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'd like to remind everyone of this quote when I say I'm pretty sure whatever Luco is about to quote was most likely misinterpreted by him. The idea that players will know a character or gun is bad based off their stats is, in his mind, according to this quote, bad. I feel like I shouldn't have to respond anymore after looking over this, because it baffles me. He didn't make a case for how it's bad, his case was that making the player learn things delays the inevitable, such as Ganon sucking compared to Meta Knight, which is hilarious to me because that is absolutely nothing ****ing like EV's and had nothing to do with my point, not only that but it's a stupid ****ing idea of "bad". I keep looking it over and thinking "wow Jesus this guy doesn't even know what he's saying anymore. So, the argument is that if the player knows something, variety is reduced. You're on a ****ing website that makes it really ****ing easy to see what is and isn't top tier, the best moves to use on each part of each ****ing map, etc. and your argument is "well it wasn't explicitly stated in game that Ganon sucks, thus variety was preserved."

Really, tell me I'm wrong here. Keep reading that quote and tell me I'm wrong, I ****ing dare you. After I see this dumb book quote, I'm probably done arguing with you because you do not have the slightest idea when it comes to what you're talking about, but for the record, I hope you know that there's no established reason why I should take that book's idea or any school's idea on game design more seriously than any others' opinion when I don't even agree with most of the ****ing people working in the game industry right now.

woo woo swag

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

Just gonna pop right in here and say you are getting really angry over this to the point where it's actually kind of funny.

The censoring doesn't help you, though. Honestly, if a forum blocks your swears, you should probably just cease to use them, seeing as how it ends up removing all seriousness from your post.

You have a nice day, now! And uh, try to calm down for a bit.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Just gonna pop right in here and say you are getting really angry over this to the point where it's actually kind of funny.

The censoring doesn't help you, though. Honestly, if a forum blocks your swears, you should probably just cease to use them, seeing as how it ends up removing all seriousness from your post.

You have a nice day, now! And uh, try to calm down for a bit.
Wow, thank you for that, nobody has ever said that to Falconv1.0 before. I'm sure his behavior will now change as a result of your good citizenship. You've made this forum a better place for one and all.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
But... why? Screaming isn't passionate, neither is outright hostility. That's pure, illogical anger. How is that justified?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wow, thank you for that, nobody has ever said that to Falconv1.0 before. I'm sure his behavior will now change as a result of your good citizenship. You've made this forum a better place for one and all.
I don't see how this post was of any benefit either.

Falcon- I don't mean to sound condescending, but when you study and debate issues that really matter in the world, you realise how trivial video game discussions are and how silly it is to get worked up over them.

We should settle this by having a battle royale with everyone involved.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
It could have less to do with it being an "argument about video games" and more about being stupid. You see, when you defend something stupid, regardless of the topic, it makes you look stupid. I see nothing wrong with getting upset over stupidity. It's all something we should fight. So instead of righting off a post because "lol he mad" try to actually debate. Yes, Falcon could probably try to tone down his posts, but that doesn't make him wrong. Right and wrong should take priority.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
A stupid opinion about video games is nowhere near as bad as a stupid opinion about refugees or religion.

And no, perceived ignorance doesn't justify being rude.

People who are rude always justify it by saying others are stupid. It's not that they perceive more ignorance than other people, it's they have less maturity about it.

That's what I'm saying. Mature people perceive stupidity on important issues but don't resort to being rude. If people are capable of that on important issues it looks bad if you're not capable of that when it comes to video games.

Also, if you can't communicate passion or perceived ignorance without resorting to aggression or being rude then you're basically an animal (well a non-human animal).

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
A stupid opinion about video games is nowhere near as bad as a stupid opinion about refugees or religion.
You're addressing a statement no one has made. Or did I? Was I drunk?

Also, if you can't communicate passion or perceived ignorance without resorting to aggression or being rude then you're basically an animal (well a non-human animal).
Well gee, thanks.

You know, I feel like I've said before that I'm not as worked up as you people seem to think I am most of the time, I just have a tendency to swear a lot. You know I pretty much talk the same way regardless of mood right? If you want to accept that I'm a terrible person that's fine but really holy **** you're beating a dead horse here.

Oh and Scarr, if you're going to make fun of me, you could at least find a post where I actually come off as incredibly mad. I really don't see how that post was anything other than me simply stepping on his argument's nuts cuz lol it's wrong. I mean it's simple as that, it's so wrong that it makes me laugh, and I can tell he's not really going to try and think about it so I'm gonna sound just a tad bit mean when I get into it.

._______.

Edit-You know what, if it bothers you THAT MUCH I will tone it down a bit, but seriously, Dre, bring up more stuff no one ever said ever. Please, this thread will collapse with out it! Think of the refugees and the whatever else I apparently don't get flustered over cuz lol Falcon's cussin' again.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Then the point of arguing is lost.

I'm not really looking at EV's, i'm just talking about hidden values in general. But yeah, look, I compromise by saying that your point is valid and that yes, the inevitable will come and there's no point etc etc etc. But I feel my point is valid too. It would seem that I am not backed by peers so perhaps you wouldn't be so quick in assuming your opinion is different to others in this regard anyway, so what am I to say? Does arguing this further just make me appear stupid? Is shrugging my shoulders and walking away a humiliating thing to do, seeing as I don't actually argue many things on the boards?

It makes me feel like poking my head in to this whole thing was just a giant mistake. And for what? All that's happened is i've been abused and thrown aside for my posts. I am sorry but it is my turn to ask, what is the point of me arguing anymore?

I am sorry if this appears 'salty' but this has been getting on my nerves for a while now and few things do.

Falcon, the saying that there is no need for justification on the aggressiveness of your posts here does not justify the aggressive post.

I'm sorry. I don't want to be offensive but putting down others just isn't justifiable.

By the by we've gone so far off topic. >.>

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Falcon- This was the post I was addressing. That's why I wrote 'Falcon-' afterward to address you with a different comment.

It could have less to do with it being an "argument about video games" and more about being stupid. You see, when you defend something stupid, regardless of the topic, it makes you look stupid. I see nothing wrong with getting upset over stupidity. It's all something we should fight. So instead of righting off a post because "lol he mad" try to actually debate. Yes, Falcon could probably try to tone down his posts, but that doesn't make him wrong. Right and wrong should take priority.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But... why? Screaming isn't passionate, neither is outright hostility. That's pure, illogical anger. How is that justified?
Wasn't the fact that that is his normal tone established to you right before this post?

I don't see how this post was of any benefit either.

Falcon- I don't mean to sound condescending, but when you study and debate issues that really matter in the world, you realise how trivial video game discussions are and how silly it is to get worked up over them.
It's silly to get worked up over anything, but I disagree that video games are somehow trivial to get worked up over in comparison to other things. Simply because it is associated with geeks and nerds doesn't make it any less important as a hobby/art/sport/science/etc. I'm quite surprised you of all people would feel that way, Dre.

At any rate, I repeat, it was just established that no one is actually heated here. Oh, wait, sorry, Falcon explained that before, didn't notice.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think everyone should just stop because they are all wrong and saltier than the dead sea.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Holder- I don't think things like sport are less trivial than video games. Favouritism towards sports and outdoor activity is just a societal construct.

However, things like religion, refugees, the death penalty etc. aren't trivial. I don't think these topics give people an excuse to become offensive, but one can see how perceiving ignorance in these issues could make someone angry or depressed at the world.

Again, not to sound condescending, but I think if perceived ignorance over video games makes someone angry or depressed at the world, then I think they need some perspective (mind you I think most people need some perspective).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think everyone should just stop because they are all wrong and saltier than the dead sea.
I agree. Even I went over the line, haha!

Sorry for tipping over guys. *embarrassed*

Anyway, I might drop out of the discussion. Too much for me! *phew* :)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Holder- I don't think things like sport are less trivial than video games. Favouritism towards sports and outdoor activity is just a societal construct.

However, things like religion, refugees, the death penalty etc. aren't trivial. I don't think these topics give people an excuse to become offensive, but one can see how perceiving ignorance in these issues could make someone angry or depressed at the world.

Again, not to sound condescending, but I think if perceived ignorance over video games makes someone angry or depressed at the world, then I think they need some perspective (mind you I think most people need some perspective).

Pulling the whole children in Africa card isn't really going to help here.

There are a lot of things you can tell about a person from their taste in videogames and what they accept in their product. You can't actually tell much about people from debates about cliché world issues because they usually just conform to typical ideas or just lie to fit some sort of mould.

When it comes to games, most people that enjoy them thoroughly will be more than truthful about their tastes and thoughts on them, what they like/dislike, what they consider mature, what they consider good writing or level design. There are so many telling things about a person, and this is a large part of why Falcon doesn't just sweep everything under the rug.

Let's face it, people with ideas like "Nintendo is for kids and Call of Duty is awesome and mature" are typical narrow minded little brats or manchildren. Why can't other traits of gaming be applied here?

Of course they can!

Final Fantasy sucks

Along with Kingdom Hearts...

and Japan

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm not saying people can't be annoyed about video game issues, I just think getting worked up over video games is never really justified.

I for one, think that OoT was overrated, and think all the stick that WW is unjustified. I also think that MM was overrated too (only slightly, nowhere near as much as OoT, although I still love MM). I also can't stand all this nostalgia bias you see when people say that games they played as kids were great but modern games are crap. This stuff annoys me but I wouldn't get worked up about it.

Same thing about pro wrestling. I think it's a joke that people think that any top card in the WWE in the last two decades (that's really all I know about) bar like two wrestlers was actually a talented wrestler. Again, I realise it's not on the same level as people starving in Africa.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Again, I realise it's not on the same level as people starving in Africa.

Again, nobody said it was. Stop with the strawman and stay on topic.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Saying you're not trying to be condescending doesn't make you less condescending. Also addressing the argument no one ever ****ing made yet again really is not helping your case. You are actually ****ing up a "Falcon needs to calm down" gimmick here, holy crap.

Do you feel bad? You should feel bad.

Also everyone in the WWE=da best wrestlers.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Both you and someone else said that your behaviour was justified by other people's stupidity.

I'm not saying that no one should care about this because people are starving in Africa. I'm saying that stupidity on video games is nowhere near as bad as stupidity on refugees, and video game stupidity doesn't justify being rude because at the end of the day it's not that important of an issue.

So no, I'm not attacking arguments no one made, you yourself justified your behaviour via perceived ignorance of other people.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Both you and someone else said that your behaviour was justified by other people's stupidity.

I'm not saying that no one should care about this because people are starving in Africa. I'm saying that stupidity on video games is nowhere near as bad as stupidity on refugees, and video game stupidity doesn't justify being rude because at the end of the day it's not that important of an issue.

So no, I'm not attacking arguments no one made, you yourself justified your behaviour via perceived ignorance of other people.

Again, I didn't say that. I did not say being rude is justified because people are stupid. I even said Falcon should probably tone that down! I said right or wrong should take priority in a debate. Dodging the issue and being misleading is worse actually, so like, stop doing that. My point was that Falcon was getting worked up because people were being stupid. NOT because they were being stupid over a video game. I literally said "regardless of the topic." Meaning it being a "video game debate" had nothing to do with it. Please read over a post two to three times if this is that hard for you.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Except what someone is being stupid over does actually matter.

You saying he was angry at stupidity regardless of the topic doesn't change the fact that he got angry because perceived stupidity in a video game discussion.

That's exactly my point, it's not a 'regardless of the topic' kind of thing.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Except what someone is being stupid over does actually matter.
No, it doesn't. If someone is being stupid, it's frustrating.

You saying he was angry at stupidity regardless of the topic doesn't change the fact that he got angry because perceived stupidity in a video game discussion.
I didn't say it changed that fact. I said it didn't matter that what the topic was. Hence "regardless of topic". Also, it's not a "fact" at all. You don't know if Falcon was angry or not. It's text on a screen, he could be laughing, sad, no emotion. You don't know. And I'd say that's something you need to work on. You assume so much when you know so little.

That's exactly my point, it's not a 'regardless of the topic' kind of thing.

Yes it is. Are you just trolling, or are you really this dense? You're going to tell me someone has never gotten on your nerves by being exceedingly stupid over a trivial issue? Just to give a simple example. It annoys the hell out of me when someone honks a car horn at someone while waiting at a red light. Yeah, in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't really matter, in just a few minutes the light will turn green and that's the end of it. But are you really going to tell me you won't marvel at the pure stupidity of that, and get pissed off? In fact, it's sort of like, if some one defended the concept of making hidden game mechanics that have a large impact on how the game is played. Now stop derailing the topic and actually debate a point about how terrible game design isn't terrible.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I used to get worked up over things like this, but now I have more perspective and realise how trivial it is.

Getting worked up in video games discussions probably doesn't seem too bad when we live in the privellages of the developed world, where the majority of real-world issues don't affect us and we have nothing better to do than discuss video games.

I think if people in developing countries saw people behave like this over video games they'd be disgusted.

And of course stuff like the red light situation annoys me, but I wouldn't get worked up about it. There's a difference between being annoyed and getting worked up. The more composed you are, the more annoyed you can get without getting worked up. People who are rude when they perceive ignorance don't perceive more ignorance than others, they just have less composure.

Whether he's angry or not doesn't change the fact that he's being rude and offensive to someone who never provoked him in the first place. Saying 'this is my normal tone' doesn't automatically allow you to behave however you want.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
"Falcon can't be angry unless it's something serious regarding his personal life or starving children"-Dre.

And actually, in fact, as long as I don't break rules/get infracted, I am in fact allowed to act how the **** I want.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm not saying people can't be annoyed about video game issues, I just think getting worked up over video games is never really justified.
Why not? Who says it isn't justified? You? Who are you, Moses?

If someone is passionate about something, why can they not get worked up about it? People get worked up about things they care about. You don't tell athletes who enjoy a sport not to get worked up about rule changes they think are bull**** because it directly affects something they love, and you acknowledge that fact.

Just because videogames are are nerd pastime doesn't make them something to sweep under the carpet as insignificant. I can't believe you of all people would try pushing the subjective into the realm of the objective, but hey whaddya know.

I for one, think that OoT was overrated, and think all the stick that WW is unjustified. I also think that MM was overrated too (only slightly, nowhere near as much as OoT, although I still love MM). I also can't stand all this nostalgia bias you see when people say that games they played as kids were great but modern games are crap. This stuff annoys me but I wouldn't get worked up about it.
Well if you feel that way that's perfectly fine. You act according to how you feel, great. The problem is you seem to be implying that your line of thinking and worldview is the be all end all, and is the Biblical truth that all mankind should abide to. Like really, you come off as someone who

a) believes he is above those who care a lot about a particular pastime (videogames)
b) are a paragon of proper living
c) thinks his opinion is objective fact

You may not be trying to have this effect at all, and might be dismayed that you come off this way, but you do, so maybe you should put a little more thought into how you word things.

Same thing about pro wrestling. I think it's a joke that people think that any top card in the WWE in the last two decades (that's really all I know about) bar like two wrestlers was actually a talented wrestler. Again, I realise it's not on the same level as people starving in Africa.
Bret Hart, Mr Perfect, Steve Austin (pre neck injury), The Iron Sheik, Bob Backlund, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero among others would beg to differ.

I could have named more but I think you're talking about technical ability, which isn't really the mark of a great professional wrestler. The best professional wrestler is the one that draws the most money. Professional wrestling isn't a sport.

Also Dolph Ziggler's going up to the main event and he was a record setting collegiate wrestler. Alberto Del Rio is a great technical wrestler too. ****, you're also forgetting Daniel Bryan.

But whatever, that's all off topic. I'm not going to bother humouring someone who believes a bunch of indy no-selling and stuff that was old school is a million times better and that everyone in the modern era has sucked.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Perhaps before anyone ever posts anything they should make sure to add "In my opinion" so that they don't get incorrectly judged as bigots.

I mean really, who out here actually has an opinion that they think is fact, especially one about video games? Folks need to stop trying to make each other look like cavemen and start assuming that the other person has some sense. Everybody's personal beliefs can be understood from the proper perspective and in the right context.

More often than not, people who play the "you believe your opinion is fact" card are incredibly unaware that they are just as guilty of this same fault. I haven't exactly been following along with this entire argument, but one quick thing I pulled out of this is that for Teran to reject and denounce Dre's opinions about old games makes him equally guilty of the a, b, and c that he accuses Dre of in the same post, because he does not openly acknowledge that his judgement of Dre's behavior is mere opinion. Teran, here's how you could reword some of the statements in your last post so as not to leave yourself open to be accused as the "person who believes his opinion is fact" as you are so accusing Dre.

(In my opinion) Just because videogames are are nerd pastime doesn't make them something to sweep under the carpet as insignificant.

Well if you feel that way that's perfectly fine. You act according to how you feel, great. The problem is (in my opinion) you seem to be implying that your line of thinking and worldview is the be all end all, and is the Biblical truth that all mankind should abide to. Like really, you come off as someone who

You may not be trying to have this effect at all, and might be dismayed that you come off this way, but (in my opinion) you do, so maybe you should put a little more thought into how you word things.

I could have named more but I think you're talking about technical ability, which (in my opinion) isn't really the mark of a great professional wrestler. The best professional wrestler is (in my opinion) the one that draws the most money.

Now how silly is that? You accuse Dre of asserting his opinion as fact, yet you do it yourself five times in the exact same post. Life on these boards would be so much easier if we would stop pretending that we are so much better than our fellow posters.

For what my word is worth, I can vouch for Dre being a cool guy, and totally not a person who believes his opinion is fact.

Top Bottom