• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An "Infinite" with ROB?

TheMike

Smash Lord
lol there isn´t any "infinite" yet
i created this thread for us to try to find an "infinite"

let me explain:

the most kind of infites we see are with footstool and air grab release
what about we check if ROB there is an infite?

I have found a small combo with footstool
u need to be at the same position of a SH Double Fair, but instead of doing the second Fair, u have to footstool then, use something as follow up
the problem is that there are few options for follow ups. The best one at this combo is Bair(Front hitbox)>Dsmash/Grab/Dtilt/...

the point is to find a good follow up or a better option to footstool
the combo i told does around 10% to 45%
that isn´t much, but i really want to find someone that "IS MUCH"

besides footstooling, as i said, there is the grab release stuff
it could be difficult, but Air Grab Release to Footool could be a good idea, especially in Wario, but i haven´t tested it yet

Let´s talk about this and try to find a good "infinite" =)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you get a jab lock and are very talented, you can get an infinite. Start the jab lock and then do a falling u-air to just tap them, then start the jab lock in the other direction. Only certain parts of the u-air work for this, so it is pretty unreliable.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
If you get a jab lock and are very talented, you can get an infinite. Start the jab lock and then do a falling u-air to just tap them, then start the jab lock in the other direction. Only certain parts of the u-air work for this, so it is pretty unreliable.
Video of this
Im not sure i get what your saying

Overswarm

is laughing at you
jab lock a lot, jump over and with a fast falled u-air, jab lock the other way

Sudai

Stuff here
At low percents, FAirs that hit with near your head can combo into footstool. Immediate BAir to cancel momentum. BAir will hit them and possibly knock them over for a jab lock. Not sure on if it even works, just an idea to set-up. If this works, that's a good bit of free damage (percents based on stage behind the opponent obviously) plus an edgeguarding opportunity. Something ROB loves. Not an infinite, but still really nice and makes FD even better for us. Someone should test that stuff.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I highly doubt there is an infinite with rob, but if there is, talk about revolutionizing the meta game. So far I think overswarm is the closest to any such infinite. just one thing, how do we force the opponent into the position where they can be dtilt locked?

TheMike

Smash Lord
i will soon test what Overswarm and Sudai said
about the setting up a job lock, it works only when ur opponent doesn´t tech. A good ideia is Fthrow against fastfaller chars, reaper does this
very often!

Dull, that is just a discussion..........

blairz08

Smash Rookie
hmm rob as infinite very interesting i despite his weird float, this should be interesting though?

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
jab lock a lot, jump over and with a fast falled u-air, jab lock the other way
Well i just tested this out, and I could not get the SH fast-fall uair to hit after a dtilt on BOWSER. The hitbox is so high up for uair anyway that I'm sure it wouldn't hit smaller characters. But if you do manage to even hit with just one hitbox of his uair, it will hit the opponent to strongly and knocks him out of the lock.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
should Utilt>Footstool>Side B>Dtilt>SHFF Uair work? =0
Some of the hitboxes of sideB hit it little hard so Im not sure if it would br valid as a lock move. And once you get to percents like 130-150 the dtilt doesn't lock them anymore. I think the side hitbox of utilt can knock them upwards just enough to gurantee a footstool ( except on characters like fox but you can hit him across the stage with that for somewhat of a pseudo-infinite)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Corneria's banned. Replace corneria with any stage with a wall. And it's not an infinite, it's a lock.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Infites are usually done with Footstools or Grab Release Stuff(especially on Wario)
ROB's best options to Set Up for a Footstool are probably Utilt and Fair(Weak Hit)

In low %s, Bair(Hitbox tat causes a knockback that put the opponent in front of u) can be used for Momentum Cancelling and doing a Fast Fall, u can get to the ground earlier. Then, try a Dtilt Lock, but you'll probably be able to use only 2 Dtilts. So, Follw Up with a High Damager Attack.

If it works, obviously, it's not an infinite, but it's a way to rack up some good damage =]

I'm without Wii, can someone test what i've said?

Sudai

Stuff here
Mike...you realize you just said exactly what I said a while back except you added a possible UTilt (only way this would work is if we hit with the outside hitbox and they DI'd away) and some false information on the DTilt lock. You can do more than 2 DTilts, you just have to walk.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Depending on the stage, u don't have enough space for more than 2 Dtilts and u also told somone to test, but nobody did( i told i would do so, but i couldn't =[ )

The point of my post is to emphasize the idea for someone to test =)

T0MMY

Smash Master
The only true infinite I found was on Wario.
I think the U-Air jab-lock only works if your opponent doesn't want to DI out of it.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Yeah, i would like to know about this infinite on Wario, too. Grab Releases for sure... maybe the same way as Ike, with pivot grab??

=]

Sudai

Stuff here
If it's with grab release, then it's not a true infinite. We don't have a way to force a grab release other than large slants and those are -extremely- circumstantial.

Top Bottom