• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that Brawl Central "Forbrawlbattle" guy is fake. I've been watching him. I also believe that the 35 character roster is fake for the following reason: if R.O.B.'s are minions and playable, should other characters like Primids be playable? It just doesn't make sense.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Yeah, that Brawl Central "Forbrawlbattle" guy is fake. I've been watching him. I also believe that the 35 character roster is fake for the following reason: if R.O.B.'s are minions and playable, should other characters like Primids be playable? It just doesn't make sense.
I would honestly prefer Primids.
R.O.B is quite possibly the most anti-climactic thing ever.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
You state it as if the 35 roster is fact.

BAHA

Dear god don't let it be true..
Reno doesn't do things for ****s and giggles. I'm pretty sure he's already played the game. Hell, he knew that Star Wars characters were in Soul Calibur III before they were announced and same with Virtua Fighter 5 being online.

I'd say he's the most reliable person we have who's given us unofficial information. Well, after that video on the website =P Unlike most of the leakers, he's giving us first-hand information instead of what they heard from a translator for the Dojo.

Although not confirmed if he played it or not. I just believe he did. It's entirely possible he just has a friend who's working on the game or something. He currently lives in Japan.

courte

Smash Lord
ok i know the leaks are pertaining to a lot of other factors but...

anyone else love how they thrive in general brawl discussion... a room tagged for non character related talks??
---------------------------------
http://quas-quas.deviantart.com/
also plugging this becausse i love his brawl series

Allin

Smash Journeyman
The Wii-Ds article is a reliable source yes, but if its true alot of the Prophets will be debunkes we will have to see later. As what i see is most likely in brawl is

Sukapon (The WTF Char.)
R.O.B.
Michaih (Sakurai stated he wants more women in Brawl)
Wolf (Peoples main arguments against wolf is that he would be a clone Fox but people always forget that Fox's move set was MADE UP so it is not hard to make an original char. out of Wolf.)

Chars Most Likely Not In
King K. Rool (Sorry all you DK fans, but he isn't one of the most important villains in the Nintendo universe plus around the planning time for Char. in brawl Black Knight and other Villians have a much higher chance.)
Krystal (Im sorry furry lovers but Kyrstal is less likely to get in because wolf was more favored during the planning time of brawl)

Against the 35 Char. Roster
Nintendo Rep. said that Roster was HUGE! 35 isnt really a large number if you ask me
Sakurai said alot of his char. got in but alot didn't with the 35 roster we'd have a total of about 13-15 newcomers. Which is very small amount of Newcomers that Sakurai actually wanted.
No WTF Char.
Not like Sakurai at all

For the 35 Char. Roster
Large number of Prophets say this is true.
Smash Bros. Melee also had a Nightmare Roster that turned out to be the actual roster.
Nintendo Rep. said that Roster was HUGE! 35 isnt really a large number if you ask me
Sakurai said alot of his char. got in but alot didn't with the 35 roster we'd have a total of about 13-15 newcomers. Which is very small amount of Newcomers that Sakurai actually wanted.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. You know (this is going to sound really fickle) but I could actually get used to R.O.B. being playable in Brawl.
Likewise, actually. Since I feel the evidence for the roster is too compelling to ignore, I've resigned myself to be content with it if its real, and I find I'm very curious how R.O.B. would/will play. Sakurai and company have essentially total creative license with him, and since hes a robot that could lead to some pretty unique abilities.

Allin said:
No WTF Char.
How is R.O.B. not a WTF character? Just look at how many people around these boards are absolutely convinced theres no way he could possibly be playable. I know I sure as hell wasn't expecting him.

Zevox

skiks

Smash Cadet
How is R.O.B. not a WTF character? Just look at how many people around these boards are absolutely convinced theres no way he could possibly be playable. I know I sure as hell wasn't expecting him.
Hell you could say Pokemon trainer was also one. No one expected that to happen. As much as he was mentioned.
I wouldn't mind R.O.B at all. Although I do think the roster proposed seems lacking. :(

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Krystal (Im sorry furry lovers but Kyrstal is less likely to get in because wolf was more favored during the planning time of brawl)
What the **** is that supposed to mean? Everyone who supports Krystal is not a furry T_T
And Wolf was never "more favored", at any time. Krystal was also favored as much if not more at that time(3 mentions=/=less favored)

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
-there is a character who has a similar structure of that of Rayman.
Obviously Sukapon

-finales smash has some importance in SSE
That's a pretty cool idea if true. We have yet to see actual FS's used in SSE. Maybe this story partially explains how everyone obtains the ability to perform it... or maybe it's a special power-up you have to find or something...

-some playable characters will be bosses in SSE but with different play styles
This is a definite possibility. After reading the Sakurai/Iwata interview and how SSE was treated as a seperate game, I came to my own conclusion that some characters could actually be playable, but be presented in a totally different manner while in SSE. It's a good way to make certain "large characters" both boss and playable.

-A certain fan desired Reptile is playable
How unfortunately ambiguous. My first thought was Ridley. Then I realized King K.Rool is also a "certain fan desired reptile". >=/

-there is a item that turns people to stone and a item that powers up the character
You know what that sounds like? Pikmin Items.....namely the Bitter Spray and the Spicy Spray. The Bitter Spray petrified enemies, while the Spicy Spray gave a boost to all of Olimar's Pikmin.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Hell you could say Pokemon trainer was also one. No one expected that to happen. As much as he was mentioned.
I wouldn'y mind R.O.B at all. Although I do think the roster proposed seems lacking. :(
Agreed on all counts. I'm actually very surprised they didn't make the Trainer and unlockable and keep him hidden for the shock factor.

Zevox

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
So, basically, even though Sakurai never said what he actually wanted for hidden characters, we know what he wanted?
Every Smash fan is psychic. Depending on the person, Sakurai only wanted the characters that that person wants in. Not only that, Sakurai doesn't want clones, took a character poll, and says there will be a million characters.

And I hope to god people are not referring to that "Nintendo rep" that said Luigi was in the game. Chances are, he's from an external marketing firm and received a 2 day crash course on what to do.

Edit: Since you guys are updating this thread with stuff, here's sp0rsk's latest comment: "I have spoken to Reno about the spoilers and I know his source to be credible. His information is backed by real knowledge, no heresay."

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Every Smash fan is psychic. Depending on the person, Sakurai only wanted the characters that that person wants in. Not only that, Sakurai doesn't want clones, took a character poll, and says there will be a million characters.

And I hope to god people are not referring to that "Nintendo rep" that said Luigi was in the game. Chances are, he's from an external marketing firm and received a 2 day crash course on what to do.

Edit: Since you guys are updating this thread with stuff, here's sp0rsk's latest comment: "I have spoken to Reno about the spoilers and I know his source to be credible. His information is backed by real knowledge, no heresay."
So he says, but is the source known for having info. on Nintendo games? This may be Reno's weak point. =]

Zevox

Smash Lord
Where did he say this? Not that I doubt he did mind you, I'm just trying to keep track of where all the info about this particular leak comes from.

Zevox

I was going to curse you for stealing the quote I was going to provide, but then I wondered how someone from SWF knew this, and then I looked at the name...

FIRESTOOOOOORM~

I was going to curse you for stealing the quote I was going to provide, but then I wondered how someone from SWF knew this, and then I looked at the name...

FIRESTOOOOOORM~

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
I'm curious about the reported 41 stages, we know of 29 including FD and sonic's stage, plus a f-zero stage or two, any other doubles for the franchises we have and probably at least 3 SB64 stages, its not impossible but will be cutting it close...

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'm curious about the reported 41 stages, we know of 29 including FD and sonic's stage, plus a f-zero stage or two, any other doubles for the franchises we have and probably at least 3 SB64 stages, its not impossible but will be cutting it close...
Considering we have the stage creator, I don't think we really need to worry too much about the number of stages in the game. :)

Zevox

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Post updated to reflect new forbrawlbattle post on the BrawlCentral forums.

Well, I only have three days left of employment in this thread :D Twas good times, guys ^-^

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Post updated to reflect new forbrawlbattle post on the BrawlCentral forums.

Well, I only have three days left of employment in this thread :D Twas good times, guys ^-^

sparkle

Smash Rookie
I was thinking about forbrawlbattle's prediction and the 35 man roster, and it occured to me. What if some secret characters were only unlocked if you had the corresponding Wii game to go with it. What if Miciah was only unlocked if you had a Radiant Dawn save, Paper Mario with Paper Mario, Luigi if you had beaten Galaxy, and Dark Samus if you had Prime3. Could you imagine a marketing engine so wicked, yet so amazingly perfect?

On a more positive note, who is the most likely character that was a 'requires patience' trophy in Melee?

Meowth - Beat all-star mode with every character. Good pick as a rival to Pikachu.
Mew - Clear all-star mode on Hard or Very Hard. Good replacement for MewTwo's moveset
Celebi - See celebi after unlocking all levels and characters. More luck than patience.
Tom Nook - 1000 coins. Not much patience.
Paper Mario - 450 meters on Home Run Derby. Not all that hard.
Diskun - Earn all bonus. Horrible idea for a character
Unown - 5000 meters of total distance for all characters in home run derby. Horrible idea for a char.
Sheriff - Beat all Targets with total time under 12.5 minutes. Superbly WTF character, even predates Game & Watch, but uses guns. I don't know how Sakurai would get around that, unless he just includes them in a super pixelated form.

for pokemon, you would have to assume that new character was added in after that video shot was taken.

P.S. I'm starting to think the Neogaffers only had access to a non-final build. According to Mr Game & Watch, a few characters that were cut were recently added back in. K. Rool is probably the first thing that comes to mind. He said they were almost finished with his moveset. K. Rool makes sense because the game ought to have 4 kings for a subspace emissary mission. 3 doesn't make much sense. We have Bowser, DeDeDe, and we will have Ganon. K. Rool perfectly rounds this out.

Of course Sheriff would be super pixelated if included.

And the final build, at the time, was done. There's no reason they'd have played a non-final build.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Whatever happens, this thread deserves to be remembered. Majin, you did a great job keeping this thing up and being consistent with it. And with that, I thank you.

That being said, I want to believe forbrawlbattle, I really do. He says the most that I like, which is a horribly way to judge how true or false something is, but I do want to believe him. I hope a Dojo update disproves some of these other guys though.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Game comes out in 3 days no need to pay attention to these so called prophets most of them are full of it and want our attention and only idiots will believe them sorry

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I agree, this has been a really useful thread for everyone... these times have been troubled and you've always been there to make some sort of sense from all the madness. Not that we know a definite lineup, but at least we can tell who the blatant fakers are, and that's good.

Anyway, Forbrawlbattle is really playing with my emotions... I can't help but think he's suggesting Sheriff as a WTF character, and that really eggs me since I've secretly really want to see him in Brawl since around the beginning of the first ever trailer. I hate it when these leakers say stuff I really want to hear, it makes it hard for me to accept it's all probably just a big lie and just a scream for attention. I even like the idea of Diskun being a character now too! :urg:

Heh, it's good you've been doing this to the very end anyway, I'm not so sure if I'd be able to take that sort of dedication, especially if it's just compiling silly info like this. You're alright, you are.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
And the final build, at the time, was done. There's no reason they'd have played a non-final build.
Pretty much. I would think that the only way our pals at GAF could be "incorrect", was if they played a final version, but it still that didn't have all of the characters/modes available, for whatever reason.

I mean, I wouldn't find it hard to believe that Ninty would be that sneaky, such that, in the case that certain people didn't button their lips like they were supposed to, they'd still have a trump card up their sleeves. In that case, the leakers would still be "right" to the best of their ability, but only those in Ninty's close-knit circle would still be the only ones privy to the full scoop.

Wouldn't surprise me, if that much turned out to be true. It stands to reason that reviewer magazines like Famitsu probably know the full contents of the game by now, but a "small-time" blogger MarkMan or PortraitOfRuin may not...

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Heh. Check out this quote from the latest Iwata Asks:

"Iwata
The number of regular characters is impressive on its own, but the number of characters represented by the Assist Trophies is truly something. "

I am not impressed by 35 characters, Iwata and Sakurai. Not one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom