• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
We don't. We only have that "quote" posted by a person who previously said she HATED the 35 character roster predication and couldn't believe it to be true.
Oh dear, do we listen to the person who rightfully hated a terrible roster and brought up a post that other people remember, or to the blinded follower of the 35 character roster who has many times proven himself to be a giant tool? I think I'll wait for photographic evidence. I trust Sakurai's judgment. He won't fail like you all think he will.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Well I think this is an interesting find.. I DON'T want Ridley in and stick to my point that it would be a ridiculous idea. Dark Samus isn't just a Samus clone in terms of moves and abilities, and I'd be intrigued if she/it were playable. I'd also rather have Wolf in than Krystal, as would many others.. Wolf is a classic villain and is a lot more known to fans I'd say. Krystal would just be fanservice haha.

As for Isaac that sucks, but hey, I'm happy with it otherwise :D.

Not long to go anyway..

-- Andy

Revven

FrankerZ
I think I'll wait for photographic evidence. I trust Sakurai's judgment. He won't fail like you all think he will.
That's fine, just prepare yourself for ANYTHING. Remember, the very same thing happened with Melee's roster... so expect the unexpected.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Oh dear, do we listen to the person who rightfully hated a terrible roster and brought up a post that other people remember, or to the blinded follower of the 35 character roster who has many times proven himself to be a giant tool? I think I'll wait for photographic evidence. I trust Sakurai's judgment. He won't fail like you all think he will.
Calling me "a blind follower of the 35 character roster" shows how much your post is trollbait. If you ever bothered to read my posts you'd know I don't like the list so much and I have been hoping for REAL evidence to disconfirm it. It's a theory I made, simple as that.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
That's fine, just prepare yourself for ANYTHING. Remember, the very same thing happened with Melee's roster... so expect the unexpected.
Ah yes, the good old saying "expect nothing, and prepare for everything" comes in handy doesn't it?

I'm going to laugh if the final roster turns out to be 64 (which would be insane, amirite?) just to give a nice call back to the N64 game...get it? N64, 64 characters...ah forget it...in that situation though, we'd probably have a lot of clones or semi-clones.

Just picture it- every character from Melee returns...except Doc Mario, Pichu, and Roy. Then they add so many characters...oh man...I'm sure we will be surprised by the ACTUAL roster...I sure hope we will...enough of these shenanigans people, we need some proof already...

...one week though- and everything will be resolved...

Olimar7

Smash Rookie
Can we please take those semi-deconfirmartion's off of Rapscouter's claim of mewtwo? Just because Mewtwo didn't show up in sticker mode does not deconfirm him. He could be a villian which joins the battle when you beat him in SSE.

And for those who want to say that Dedede showed up on that dojo pic highlighting the cell phone, well, Dedede is not really a bad guy. In Kirby 64 he helped Kirby throughout his quest, showing his true self as a somewhat good guy. Thus, the enemy from kirby could be someone else entirely.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
If the information about Ridley being an unlockable character is true, then the 35 character roster has been well and truly debunked! Hooray for Japanese insiders who get the game early!

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Sakurai would have 2 clones. If Wolf is in he will surely
have a different movesets, to think otherwise is dumb. I'm gonna laugh
if he is in the game and becomes one of the popular characters, because all
this hate is really getting annoying.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well many "prophets" did say Wolf had a ninja like moveset. Honestly, in my opinion, Wolf>Krystal. Wolf is more interesting(Opinion), Badass(opinion) and is more important to the franchise(not opinion).

But having Falco AND Wolf, doesn't make sense though.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
The real leaks are to come. Strang really, I was thinking they'd be all over the place now.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ah yes, the good old saying "expect nothing, and prepare for everything" comes in handy doesn't it?
Yes, yes it does. You won't believe how handy it was for DBZ Tenkaichi 3! Oh man, when that roster was finally 100% confirmed you should've seen all the riots over Arale being in the game over Rilldo or another movie henchman! :laugh:

So you want another fox clone then???? :ohwell:
You can't assume Wolf will be a clone of Fox. It's as if you're saying it's the inevitable that Wolf will be a clone of Fox when that is not true nor proven yet. Your opinion of Wolf =/= Fact.

I don't think Sakurai would have 2 clones. If Wolf is in he will surely
have a different movesets, to think otherwise is dumb. I'm gonna laugh
if he is in the game and becomes one of the popular characters, because all
this hate is really getting annoying.
I agree, Wolf is an amazing character. I don't understand why people hate him, oh wait... yes I do! Because he somehow took Krystal's spot, oh please, if anything that was Falco's doing for appearing in Melee first. As if we need a blue vixen running around in skimpy clothes to get all the furry-men going... And yes, that was a blatant joke.

Hell, Wolf was even in Melee's intro! It's as if he was being hinted to come into Brawl since Melee! It was such a tease when you saw him in the intro! :(

Well many "prophets" did say Wolf had a ninja like moveset. Honestly, in my opinion, Wolf>Krystal. Wolf is more interesting(Opinion), Badass(opinion) and is more important to the franchise(not opinion).

But having Falco AND Wolf, doesn't make sense though.
Once again, I agree. Wolf is just superior in every way imaginable, he's badass, he's a realy interesting character, and what's more is he would add something nice to the roster plus he's a villain/arch-rival to Fox! How could you hate a character like that? Oh yes, because of the stereotypical Wolves somehow being the same as Foxes... which somehow means they're clones. Pfft... what lame reasons for excluding a character from a game that he rightfully deserves to be in just as much as Falco.

Anyone who says he'll be a clone of Fox is just biased. And, no I'm not saying it isn't a possibility for him to be a clone, I'm saying that it is not 100% proven that he WILL be a clone.

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
ummm i pretty sure that the bullet bills are an assist trophy i swear i saw them before in a video, they do the same thing as unknown n bedrill exept they blow up i think

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Another leak and we got 5 days to go!! (Jpn release)

LT_PWNAGE from GameFAQs:
Doubt anyone will 100% believe me, but I personally do not care. I have a very reliable source that has told me some rather interesting things. I obviously (how convenient, I know) can't reveal my sources, because I'm not risking getting them in any type of trouble that would jeopardize their job. Anyways, they have informed me of the following things:

- Captain Falcon IS back and his FS involves hopping into an F-ZERO car - that you can control for a set amount of time.
- The F-ZERO series will have another character also, besides Captain Falcon.
- Ness IS obviously back.
- Krystal WILL NOT be playable, although she does make a few cameos in SSE.
- There are 62 different Assist Trophies.
- There are well over 300 trophies.
- There are no more 3rd party characters.
- Mewtwo will no longer be playable, but will make a cameo in SSE.
- Mr. Game and Watch IS back, but looks very similar to his previous counterpart.
- ROB is NOT a playable character (*Whew, that was close!)
- Windwaker Link will make an appearance as an Assist Trophy, but IS NOT playable.
- Luigi IS in.
- Geno is not in the game. (...............That... sucks)
- There are at least two new WTF characters, one being a character from the Punch Out series.
- Roy is back!
- The 35 character roster IS FAKE. There are between 36-44 characters in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Again, I know this may reek of fake, but I assure you it's not. My source is very credible. I just learned all of this about an hour or so ago. Some of the news is great, while other parts suck. There are only about 5 days until the release now, and I knew it was only a matter of time until my source could reveal to me some exclusive info. I obviously don't expect everyone to believe what I say, (Hell, I don't believe 98.9% of the topics I see). Again, this is the REAL DEAL. Enjoy you guys.

Source: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41013885

Talendime

Smash Ace
Another leak and we got 5 days to go!! (Jpn release)

LT_PWNAGE from GameFAQs:
Doubt anyone will 100% believe me, but I personally do not care. I have a very reliable source that has told me some rather interesting things. I obviously (how convenient, I know) can't reveal my sources, because I'm not risking getting them in any type of trouble that would jeopardize their job. Anyways, they have informed me of the following things:
yeah whatever

- Captain Falcon IS back and his FS involves hopping into an F-ZERO car - that you can control for a set amount of time.
I noticed that you edited this. why?
- The F-ZERO series will have another character also, besides Captain Falcon.
as most would say

- Ness IS obviously back.
why would he even bother saying that? why do these people always include the already-known??

- There are 62 different Assist Trophies.
- There are well over 300 trophies.
weren't there loads more trophies in melee? I thought they had over 500 in that game. as for the assist trophies, I can't say anything..

- There are no more 3rd party characters.
shut. up.

- Mewtwo will no longer be playable, but will make a cameo in SSE.
I'm guessing the guy is guessing that Mewtwo is a bad guy, hence a boss. whatever.

- Mr. Game and Watch IS back, but looks very similar to his previous counterpart.
if he's back, he's gonna look the exact same. that's a really stupid thing to say.

- ROB is NOT a playable character (*Whew, that was close!)
where did that even come from, anyway?

- Windwaker Link will make an appearance as an Assist Trophy, but IS NOT playable.
i'll take that as a wild guess too..

- Luigi IS in.
again, everybody already knew that. what the ****.

- Geno is not in the game. (...............That... sucks)
I kill you.

- There are at least two new WTF characters, one being a character from the Punch Out series.
I disagree; I think there's one.

- Roy is back!
with a vengeance, I'm assuming, to those who doubted him?

- The 35 character roster IS FAKE. There are between 36-44 characters in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
yet again, there's absolutely no point in trying to make people believe in numbers if you have to 'hide' your "SOURCE".

Shuma

Smash Hero
You can't really deny the fact that she would be a pretty unique character if she had her battle staff, which i'm hoping she does. Smash Bros. has never had a staff-wielder before.
No i can't. And i don't hate Krystal, i just don't mind if she's in or not. But i do support Wolf. I say Falco should be out, and Wolf and Krystal in.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Mmkay. I'm going to shift focus back to the NeoGAF prophets for just a minute here. For my analysis, I'm going to have to make some assumptions that people may or not agree with, but I'm going somewhere with this. In fact, since I'm pretty drunk right now, it may sound like I'm totally rambling, but just bear with me. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to disprove them, but it's good to ask questions, right?

Anyway, while everyone was analyzing their 35 character claim, I decided to think about their 41 stage claim.

So first of all, there are 28 confirmed stages (27 on the site, plus Final Destination).

Now, I'll ASSUME that every franchise that got 2 stages in Melee will also get 2 stages in Brawl (not counting past stages). Metroid already is confirmed to get 2 stages.

Therefore, we can expect Zelda, Yoshi, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Mother to get another stage, putting us at 34.

It's also more or less a given that Sonic will get a stage. That puts us at 35.

Also, considering Mario got 4 stages in Melee, I think we can expect it to get 4 in Brawl as well (another assumption, I know, but a reasonable one). My guess is we'll be seeing another classic 8-bit Mushroom Kingdom. So now we sit at 36.

Oh wait, I forgot F-Zero. I think it's likely it'll get 2 as well, but just for the sake of this calculation (and due to the probability Falcon is unlockable), let's say it gets one. That puts us at 37.

Mr. G&W is in according to the leakers, so we can expect him to get a stage. 38.

So now some other things to consider that could quite easily increase the stage number: New franchises like Wario and Kid Icarus get another stage, the wording from the Melee stages 2 update suggests there are more unrevealed Melee stages, the possibility of stages from the original SSB, ROB getting a stage, and some other stuff I was going to say but can't remember.

Anyway, yeah. I'm not sure if I can totally believe we'll just get 41 stages with all things considered. Then again, maybe Sakurai thought the stage editor was worth so much that he neglected to put in very many original stages. I don't know. I'm rambling. Good-bye.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mmkay. I'm going to shift focus back to the NeoGAF prophets for just a minute here. For my analysis, I'm going to have to make some assumptions that people may or not agree with, but I'm going somewhere with this. In fact, since I'm pretty drunk right now, it may sound like I'm totally rambling, but just bear with me. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to disprove them, but it's good to ask questions, right?

Anyway, while everyone was analyzing their 35 character claim, I decided to think about their 41 stage claim.

So first of all, there are 28 confirmed stages (27 on the site, plus Final Destination).

Now, I'll ASSUME that every franchise that got 2 stages in Melee will also get 2 stages in Brawl (not counting past stages). Metroid already is confirmed to get 2 stages.

Therefore, we can expect Zelda, Yoshi, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Mother to get another stage, putting us at 34.

It's also more or less a given that Sonic will get a stage. That puts us at 35.

Also, considering Mario got 4 stages in Melee, I think we can expect it to get 4 in Brawl as well (another assumption, I know, but a reasonable one). My guess is we'll be seeing another classic 8-bit Mushroom Kingdom. So now we sit at 36.

Oh wait, I forgot F-Zero. I think it's likely it'll get 2 as well, but just for the sake of this calculation (and due to the probability Falcon is unlockable), let's say it gets one. That puts us at 37.

Mr. G&W is in according to the leakers, so we can expect him to get a stage. 38.

So now some other things to consider that could quite easily increase the stage number: New franchises like Wario and Kid Icarus get another stage, the wording from the Melee stages 2 update suggests there are more unrevealed Melee stages, the possibility of stages from the original SSB, ROB getting a stage, and some other stuff I was going to say but can't remember.

Anyway, yeah. I'm not sure if I can totally believe we'll just get 41 stages with all things considered. Then again, maybe Sakurai thought the stage editor was worth so much that he neglected to put in very many original stages. I don't know. I'm rambling. Good-bye.
This is actual a very smart post. God, love to see people use their brains for once.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Zelda already has two stages (Bridge and Temple) as does Mother (Onett and New Pork), Star Fox (Lylat Cruise and Corneria), and Yoshi (Yoshi's Island and... Yoshi's Island)

I just realized that there are two stages named Yoshi's Island.

I have no problem with there being 41 stages, as long as there's no R.O.B. stage, and R.O.B. is practically ignored as a playable character in all other aspects of the game.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Zelda already has two stages (Bridge and Temple) as does Mother (Onett and New Pork), Star Fox (Lylat Cruise and Corneria), and Yoshi (Yoshi's Island and... Yoshi's Island)

I just realized that there are two stages named Yoshi's Island.

I have no problem with there being 41 stages, as long as there's no R.O.B. stage, and R.O.B. is practically ignored as a playable character in all other aspects of the game.
I'm not counting past stages. I'm assuming that all franchises that got 2 stages in Melee will get 2 ORIGINAL stages in Brawl. Just like how Kirby, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong all got 1 past stage in addition to 2 original stages.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman

I just realized that there are two stages named Yoshi's Island..
I don't think you noticed him say:

And I was confused when I realized we had 2 Yoshi's Island stages as well. :p

EDIT: Beaten. :urg:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hey, just a note about the Final Destination. You might want to mark that Final Destination has been confirmed by the latest Famitsu according to that Kashiko.... the guy with the loooooooong Japanese sounding handle. We also know there's at least 4 other new stages. F-Zero, Sonic, G&W, and that world 19 franchise. By the way, this might sound like a dumb question, but is that Final Destination Mario and Bowser were fighting on in the last picture taken the same as the area Mario and Kirby fight in the first stage of SSE? If not? We possibly could have stages from SSE being unlocked for play as well if he's not coordinating the new stages into the Story mode.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Ugh, thank god SmashBoards is back. I don't think the post that zeldafan posted is in regards to the 35 character roster. In fact, it may match up with ChaosZero's comment that many of the series will have three reps a piece.

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Hey, just a note about the Final Destination. You might want to mark that Final Destination has been confirmed by the latest Famitsu according to that Kashiko.... the guy with the loooooooong Japanese sounding handle. We also know there's at least 4 other new stages. F-Zero, Sonic, G&W, and that world 19 franchise. By the way, this might sound like a dumb question, but is that Final Destination Mario and Bowser were fighting on in the last picture taken the same as the area Mario and Kirby fight in the first stage of SSE? If not? We possibly could have stages from SSE being unlocked for play as well if he's not coordinating the new stages into the Story mode.

No, That is a different stage which we just call the "Arena" since it hasn't been officially declared a stage

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I love how nearly everyone hates the proposed 35 character roster, and yet when I mention a piece of info that may have totally debunked it (Ridley's supposed confirmation), nobody cares...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom