• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
This new prophet business looks promising. If he truly predicted mushroomy kingdom before the update, then there is a decent chance that the 35 character roster is false. However, I would never have guessed that Sakurai would include Dark Samus... the rest of the new Prophets roster looks plausible though. I'll be very sad to see Mewtwo go though if he does in fact get left out.
Please dont think that just because Samus and Dark Samus look simmilar that they'll be clones.

Dark Samus glides more that that she walks, she sprays Phazon, she can split herself into two, lots of possibilities for D.Samus.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Mario
1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Luigi
5. Bowser Jr.

Zelda
6. Link
7. Zelda
8. Ganondorf
9. Young Link

Pokemon
10. Pikachu
11. P Trainer
12. Jigglypuff
13. Lucario

Donkey Kong
14. DK
15. Diddy
16. K Rool

Metroid
17. Samus
18. Ridley
19. Dark Samus

Kirby
20. Kirby
21. Meta Knight
22. King Dedede

Star Fox
23. Fox
24. Falco
25. Krystal
26. Wolf

Mother
27. Ness
28. Lucas

F Zero
29. Captain Falcon
30. Black Shadow

Ice Climbers
31. Ice Climbers

Yoshi
32. Yoshi

Wario Ware
33. Wario

Fire Emblem
34. Marth
35. Ike
36. Miciah

Kid Icarus
37. Pit

Pikmin
38. Captain Olimar

Game and Watch
39. Mr. Game and Watch

Metal Gear Solid
40. Snake

Sonic the Hedgehog
41. Sonic

Animal Crossing
42. KK Slider

42, The meaning of the life, the universe, everything.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I hope DS isnt in the game. That would be pretty much pointless to have three luigificational characters in each franchise. Luigi and Lucas are enough. DS would be too close to a clone. Matter of fact in the game, she is a clone, albeit a phazon induced metroid clone....but a clone nonetheless.

DS should only be an alt. costume for Samus IF shes to be playable at all.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Anyone who thinks Dark Samus will be a clone... Go google him(her, it) and tell me if you still think the same, saying that Dark Samus will be a clone is more ignorant than the Ridley is too big argument.

Also, someone predicted a while ago that Samus and Pikachu joined forces in SSE, anyone knows who? 'cause i don't.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'll bite. If multiple people can confirm this post having been posted prior to the update, it's probably legit. I can't say for sure, of course, but it would be nice to know that the 35-character roster isn't real--or at least not entirely true. ;) (I don't doubt that it's at least partially legit; but if this latest development is true as well, it probably means that the 35-character people played a limited, or at least different, build. Either way, it doesn't matter much now.)
Its true. I remember seeing it myself and I asked about it yesterday after the update. Unfortunately nobody caught my post.

Here it is, my unedited post so you guys know that im not just lying...:)

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3773278#post3773278

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who thinks Dark Samus will be a clone... Go google him(her, it) and tell me if you still think the same, saying that Dark Samus will be a clone is more ignorant than the Ridley is too big argument.

Also, someone predicted a while ago that Samus and Pikachu joined forces in SSE, anyone knows who? 'cause i don't.
I played and beat Metroid Prime. I know the history behind DS. Im saying they are actual clone characters. Maybe not in a moveset but they are inherently clones. I liken DS to Samus as Luigi is to Mario. Or how Lucas is to Ness.....

Heres what I got when I googled Dark Samus though.

"She soon discovers a doppelgänger of herself, Dark Samus, formed of the remains of Metroid Prime and Samus' Phazon Suit....."

The definition of a doppelganger is an evil clone, hence the name DARK SAMUS.

I say just stay away from that. We dont need 3 variations of Samus in Brawl.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
This new "leak" makes me so happy, because if it is true all of those smug mother****ers who were like "ROSTER IS 35 CHARS NUB GET OVER IT UR IN DENIAL LAWL!" are totally owned. As much as I hate Dark Samus, her(it's?) inclusion would debunk the HORRIBLE roster. Im banking on Ridley AND Krystal still being playable to coincide with the 3 character franchise thing that shadow said. I figured Starfox might get 4 because they have a lot of characters, and I just don't see Krystal as not being playable. I threw in KK Slider because I thought, of that AC sticker assigned to a character and it said magic and maybe his guitar blasts would be considered magic. Also, watching him perform at 8PM on Saturday would be a great way to unlock him. Also the Heroes always arrive late thing might have some sort of significance. I didn't think he had a chance, but I needed another character to bump the roster up to 42, the meaning of life, but I also think he'd make an awesome character.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I liken DS to Samus as Luigi is to Mario. Or how Lucas is to Ness.....
Yeah, just that onlike those, Dark Samus and Samus only thing in common is appareance and name. But whatever.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I find it VERY interesting that she's able to copy and paste everything up to and including the date but was were one line shy of copying the username.

By the way, this was her other thread post...
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40940020

Sounds like an angry teen. Everything looks familiar because we've seen so many of them. I've never been on gamefaqs in december/january and after a while I can say the list looks familiar. Geez, somebody disconfirm my theory already with real proof. I'm getting sick of it and am starting to fear it might actually be true.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I find it VERY interesting that she's able to copy and paste everything up to and including the date but was were one line shy of copying the username.

Sounds like an angry teen. Everything looks familiar because we've seen so many of them. I've never been on gamefaqs in december/january and after a while I can say the list looks familiar. Geez, somebody disconfirm my theory already with real proof. I'm getting sick of it and am starting to fear it might actually be true.
Hey you still keeping an eye out on 2ch to see if any new info comes out?

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice

She didn't copy the date. She just said when it was posted. All she saved was the post. Also, she says she saved it as "Hankenstein", which is presumably the poster's name.

Several people are saying they remember it too. Then again, it could be the power of suggestion...

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
She didn't copy the date. She just said when it was posted. All she saved was the post. Also, she says she saved it as "Hankenstein", which is presumably the poster's name.

Several people are saying they remember it too. Then again, it could be the power of suggestion...
:laugh: No its def. NOT the power of suggestion as I was posting about this yesterday (after the update) before anyone on GFAQS even brought it up.

Here it is, my unedited post so you guys know that im not just lying...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3773278#post3773278

Man this is like the 5th time I have to post this! :psycho:

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget about the power of wishful thinking. After all, a lot of people aren't so keen on the 35 character roster... people could just want to back it up in the very odd case it somehow becomes true if they wish for it enough. Anything else might be better than the current roster most people seem to believe, at the moment.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget about the power of wishful thinking. After all, a lot of people aren't so keen on the 35 character roster... people could just want to back it up in the very odd case it somehow becomes true if they wish for it enough. Anything else might be better than the current roster most people seem to believe, at the moment.
read my above post.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
read my above post.
Ah, that didn't really come up when I made my post. Well, I haven't really been keeping track of all of these leakers, they seem to be a dime a dozen nowdays. I guess you've got a good eye for info, then! If it was indeed said before truthfully and the Mushroomy Kingdom post was accurate, I guess we do indeed have another ChaosZero on our hands.

But now... I really don't know what to believe, since both sides are beginning to build up really good defenses for their theories. All I can say is that I'll be happy with both results, at least.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Ah, that didn't really come up when I made my post. Well, I haven't really been keeping track of all of these leakers, they seem to be a dime a dozen nowdays. I guess you've got a good eye for info, then! If it was indeed said before truthfully and the Mushroomy Kingdom post was accurate, I guess we do indeed have another ChaosZero on our hands.

But now... I really don't know what to believe, since both sides are beginning to build up really good defenses for their theories. All I can say is that I'll be happy with both results, at least.
Could have been a lucky guess though. Thats why im not even going to start believing these "leaks" anymore.

I say just wait it out. We have a week to go....

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Could have been a lucky guess though. Thats why im not even going to start believing these "leaks" anymore.

I say just wait it out. We have a week to go....
Yeah, there is always the chance that any of these leakers that have credability could all just be lucky guesses, since there's no way to prove every single chunk of info they have right without having the complete game in your hands, it's pretty frustrating. At least this thread has done it's best in trying to see what is right, and I do respect that.

I'm with you on waiting out just a little longer, but it's so fun watching the Smash Community (and many others) having a nuclear war on itself over what is essentially just a rumor. As I have brought up countless times now, this is one situation where I win either way.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I also remember the Mushromy and Ganon "leak", i don't remember the char list though.(maybe because there are thousands).

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for jumping in like this, but I live in Sweden and haven't been up to speed... Just who posted leaks together with a detailed description on Mushroomy Kingdom, and where and when? Also, what did this person say exactly, and what of this 38-roster all of a sudden?

Also, couldn't thi prophet be doubted under the same logic of the Dragoon leaker (person finds out an update somehow, attaches made-up points together with it)?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
- Olimar: PLAYABLE
- Ness: PLAYABLE
- Lucario: PLAYABLE
- Wolf: PLAYABLE
- Dark Samus: PLAYABLE
- Micaiah: PLAYABLE
- Geno: NOT PLAYABLE
- Isaac: NOT PLAYABLE
- Mewtwo: NOT PLAYABLE
- Roy: NOT PLAYABLE

- No more third party characters.

- Ganon's Castle will be a playable stage. It's actually very scary. Has that creepy Ganon music from Ocarina of Time in it. Do I smell Rated T for Teen???

- Mushroomy Kingdom will be a playable stage. Sidescrolling version of World 1-1 from the original Super Mario Bros.

- Cool boss battle with Eggman in SSE.

The above is what he said, right? Well apparently we get 37, not 35 characters. Whoop-dee-doo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
7 more days people....please quit with the prophet rosters. No one is going to be able to tell you what Brawl has in store for us really before then, unless you run into like Sakurai or Hayter. :laugh:

Boofer

Smash Ace
- Olimar: PLAYABLE
- Ness: PLAYABLE
- Lucario: PLAYABLE
- Wolf: PLAYABLE
- Dark Samus: PLAYABLE
- Micaiah: PLAYABLE
- Geno: NOT PLAYABLE
- Isaac: NOT PLAYABLE
- Mewtwo: NOT PLAYABLE
- Roy: NOT PLAYABLE

- No more third party characters.

- Ganon's Castle will be a playable stage. It's actually very scary. Has that creepy Ganon music from Ocarina of Time in it. Do I smell Rated T for Teen???

- Mushroomy Kingdom will be a playable stage. Sidescrolling version of World 1-1 from the original Super Mario Bros.

- Cool boss battle with Eggman in SSE.

The above is what he said, right? Well apparently we get 37, not 35 characters. Whoop-dee-doo.
Well that's still better than the 35. *crosses fingers*

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wolf and Dark Samus make that thing scream fake to me though. I just can't see Sakurai picking D.Samus over Ridley, or Wolf over Krystal. The only way the later is happening is if Falco's out and Wolf is replacing him.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Wolf and Dark Samus make that thing scream fake to me though. I just can't see Sakurai picking D.Samus over Ridley, or Wolf over Krystal. The only way the later is happening is if Falco's out and Wolf is replacing him.
I wish I could know it was bogus, but the 35 roster has a lot going for it (yes I am aware ROB is a coin tosser lackey/SSE enemy) and the characters offered by the one who predicted Mushroomy Kingdom also seem possible, even though I don't like them.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
What characters are in the game will not necessarily be based on popular opinion. Any number of characters from 35 to 50 could be in this game, regardless of who they are. Maybe certain characters of lower popularity are just deemed better suited for the game than others? Don't expect the roster to have Geno, Ridley, Krystal, anybody in particular. There are characters I certainly would like to be in the game, especially Isaac personally, but I accept that this is merely my own appreciations that may not come true. I still look forward to the game because I realize it's already the best of what it is, and there's still more to be discovered.

I just mean to say, when we do find the roster, there's a strong chance it's going to disappoint a lot of people here if you instead of want characters, actively expect them of the development team. The roster could have anybody at this point, but we're getting closer.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Well the whole starting roster screenshot and video were confirmed fake. I mean it was obviously fake as soon as the video was released. Just by the fact that Pit said something when he was chosen, rather than the announcer saying his name, it is obviously fake. Now that we know the announcer is much different from Melee's it is even more fake. And the whole idea of the HORRID 35 man roster being "CONFIRMED" was banking on it being true. So the people who believe the 35 roster seriously think that Sakurai utterly FAILED at using good judgment?

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Well the whole starting roster screenshot and video were confirmed fake. I mean it was obviously fake as soon as the video was released. Just by the fact that Pit said something when he was chosen, rather than the announcer saying his name, it is obviously fake. Now that we know the announcer is much different from Melee's it is even more fake. And the whole idea of the HORRID 35 man roster being "CONFIRMED" was banking on it being true. So the people who believe the 35 roster seriously think that Sakurai utterly FAILED at using good judgment?
Erm, listen again. The announcer clearly says something, and it could be Pit/the Japanese for Pit. However, I do agree that this could be fake...

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Bizarre questions, but I haven't been here since Lucario/Ness/Jigglypuff was confirmed:

Did R.O.B./ROB64 start showing up on everyone's roster just because of the 35?

Is there any solid proof behind the 35 other than "theories" and confirmations from "credible sources"?

Does anyone know why so many popular characters were left out of the 35?

Is there any hope for a true roster within the next week?

Talendime

Smash Ace
Erm, listen again. The announcer clearly says something, and it could be Pit/the Japanese for Pit. However, I do agree that this could be fake...
Can someone please link me this video? I haven't seen it and these God**** boards are so God**** slow nowadays. Thanks if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom