• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Well, I'm thinking about trying the demo for this mindrape game.
My friend plays it on his laptop, and even watching it I feel a bit scared. He hasn't even met any monsters.

Anyway, this game is quite the frightening one.
Very short summary:
You are Daniel, a British man who wakes in a dark, old, seemingly abandoned castle. You have no way out, and begin to experience flashbacks as to what you must do.
You have levels of sanity, which upon depletion, begin to affect your gameplay and create audial and visual hallucinations. Starting from small clicking noises, to seeing cockroaches and blurry purple lines, eventually your insanity will take you to hallucinating monsters, slow your movement, and cause you to hear moans and monster groans when nothing is even there.

The storyline is small but good, but it's the gameplay that's obviously the scariest bit.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
This game looks really cool, but I'm too much of a wimp to play it.

And my current computer probably couldn't handle it.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Pirated it, I got bored in a few minutes and got a headache from the insanity effects so I got rid of it.

Seems to be a very popular game considering being Indie. Just not my thing I guess. I also got bored of Dead Space 1 and found it to be very predictable. I seem to have odd taste in games.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I honestly didn't get scared much by it at all. I think I only jumped once or twice.

Not to say I didn't like it, it was definitely an incredible experience.

Steelia

Smash Champion
After watching some playthroughs of this game (and going through the demo), games like Dead Space 2 felt like less than warm-up titles compared to this thing. No joke. This is one of my favorite games I've never played; if my computer weren't crap I would've bought this a LONG time ago. Actually, I'm still considering buying it, JUST to have it. It's SO good.

I've seen multiple walkthroughs and playthroughs, but each one has a unique feel to it, and the scares never cease to... make me **** my pants.
Seriously. If titles like Resident Evil made you jump, play this thing. You'll become totally immune to them by the time you're done. SO good.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
For those looking to buy this game, now is a good time. There is a 50% off sale going on now on Steam, so it is only $10 instead $20.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I think Zero Punctuation pretty much sums up how I feel about this game.
"almost unmatched as a constipation aid."

Top Bottom