• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I found a website shop seller that you can get Rosalina amiibo buy adding 540$ when buying other amiibos. Maybe I'll try that out. It'll be cheaper.
If you got the moolah for them, then go for it. Don't delay.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I just ordered me a silver and gold mario amiibo. :colorful:

I plan on getting a second Kirby amiibo. I plan to get him blue and he'll represent Ice Kirby. After that I will try to make him like Lugy and get his stats high and great special effects amd moves. Hopefully he'll be the next competition against Lugy.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I just ordered me a silver and gold mario amiibo. :colorful:

I plan on getting a second Kirby amiibo. I plan to get him blue and he'll represent Ice Kirby. After that I will try to make him like Lugy and get his stats high and great special effects amd moves. Hopefully he'll be the next competition against Lugy.
Whoa, that's gonna cost you a ton of money right?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Whoa, that's gonna cost you a ton of money right?
For an amiibo, yes. I found a silver for only a few dollars extra of the original price and a gold double the amount. Knowing how valuable the Gold one is and will be later on, this was probably the best opportunity I'll ever get. Getting Kirby is already easy enough and I already have the equipment to turn him blue.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
For an amiibo, yes. I found a silver for only a few dollars extra of the original price and a gold double the amount. Knowing how valuable the Gold one is and will be later on, this was probably the best opportunity I'll ever get. Getting Kirby is already easy enough and I already have the equipment to turn him blue.
Speaking of which, my country's ebay-like shopping website ruten, had a seller that has amiibos starting price at 1$ NT! I better put my bet when I get my money, it will save me A LOT of cash if I got it for only 100 or 200 NT$.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You mean Japan's Toys R Us?

And can someone explain to me what is the purpose of this video?
I'm guessing this video is just plain troll. What do you guys think?
There's a brief image of Rosalina around 29...
OOS means Out Of Stock...
...and apparently the counting to 100 thing is a recent 4chan challenge which I'm not going to explain further.

A real shame amiibos are overly expensive at conventions. Here's what it's like at SDCC.
Saw the same thing at AnthroCon 2015. Wanted to strangle the guy, but I think yours was worse...
amiibos.jpg
Not pictured, and I missed it but heard of it later: they also had the Majora's Mask special edition statue (just the statue, opened) for $125.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There's a brief image of Rosalina around 29...
OOS means Out Of Stock...
...and apparently the counting to 100 thing is a recent 4chan challenge which I'm not going to explain further.

Saw the same thing at AnthroCon 2015. Wanted to strangle the guy, but I think yours was worse...
Not pictured, and I missed it but heard of it later: they also had the Majora's Mask special edition statue (just the statue, opened) for $125.
Yeah... which only appeared in a flash...
And in the end you will hear him chucking like an evil villain, so looks like he really wants himself to be the "villain of amiibos" huh?

And I don't really care about that, and if it's true that he is doing a challenge from 4chan, means that he might spend his time on 4chan, which is also a bit ironic.

I don't think that most of people will think that video is terrifying, but rather think it's nonsense.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Story time: I entered three Smash tournaments this weekend at AnthroCon 2015 - two of them were amiibo-related, so I brought along Poochie, the untouchable darling of our household. Spoiler contains a wall-of-text for the interested.

poochie.jpg

Poochie is an enigma - she's the first amiibo trained in our home, raised mostly by my girlfriend while neither of us had a clue what we were doing with these things. Somehow, through just goofing off, she became the best amiibo we own - I've tried putting others through strict training regimens, and still they can't touch this thing. I can't exactly recall her customs, but I know she has the Toad that sprays spores without needing to counter and a modified Up + B, but I don't know exactly which one. So, I thought I'd see how she'd do "for reals."

The first tournament was an amiibo + Trainer Duo, friendly-fire off, single elimination, one round (last round was best 2 out of 3). I got there a few hours early to mingle, saw some people setting up 8-player matches with a mix of amiibos and players, and I thought I'd see how she'd do. I entered her alone on that machine, but then the machine next to me opened up so I started playing separate from her. I lost track of time. About 20 minutes later I realized Poochie was still in these FFAs, and I asked them to take her out. I let them save her too, but I was a little worried - apparently she did well, landing third place in a few matches and racking up a lot of kills, but I'd heard stories about how 8 Player FFAs can ruin a perfectly good amiibo. I'd have to wait and see what effect it had.

The tourney was starting, and there were apparently criteria that needed to be met - no stat could be over 120, and certain abilities were banned. The guy verified her, saw she was pure, and asked if I wanted to feed her anything off his Wii since she might be outplayed by the buffed amiibos. Reluctantly, I agreed - I got all three of her stats slightly positive, and gave her a Mirror Shield. More unpredictability. Could I trust that she'd handle these last-minute adjustments?

I had the second-to-latest buy, so I had to wait to wait all the way until almost the end of round 2 to play. Fortunately, I got to see everybody else's playstyle ahead of time. Of note were a Ganondorf with some interesting customs are (he was getting star KOs with Flame Choke, his Wizard Punch used the sword, and his down+B was the one with more horizontal distance and a blue flame) and a Little Mac with No Flinch Smash. There were also two pairings of Ness/Ness, both of which landed top 8.

As for me and Poochie, we made it far. First couple of rounds, I was worried about the last minute changes, and it seemed I got almost all of the kills - but she still played fine, acting as a sturdy damage soak and a distraction. Since FF was off, my strategy was to follow her and capitalize on any distractions she caused. Things turned around in Rounds 4 and 5... both games, the trainers wisely focused me down - but Poochie carried me. Round 4, she had all 6 KOs to my 0. Round 5, I was knocked out and my opponent still had his amiibo and himself in - and Poochie beat them both by herself. she was 5 to my one. People were commenting left and right about how scary this Peach was.

We made it to finals. It was us against that cheesy Little Mac and his trainer, a Charizard. The trainer was actually not that good at all - and when I noticed this, I realized we were in a lot of trouble. I turned to focus on the Little Mac - I shielded an uncharged forward-smash, and he broke my shield from nearly full health. Every time we tried to attack him, he'd respond with a smash that couldn't be interrupted. A fully charged smash attack was dealing 76% in one shot.

It ended as best it could - we made it to game 3, and both the opposing trainer and me were knocked out, leaving Poochie and Little Mac alone together for their final stock. Everyone was rooting, the crowd was split evenly, people were taking bets.

Sadly, Poochie just couldn't do anything to this cheesy Mac. Even when she'd land a good smash, he'd hardly flinch. Both his attack and defense were raised as high as was tournament legal. Still, we made it to 2nd, and Poochie earned the respect of the crowd. This was one of the funnest tournaments I'd attended, and it's the farthest I've made it in a Smash 4 tourney - but I couldn't have done it without Poochie.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It was believed that Rosalina, Wario and DK would be part of the Super Mario line but it has been months since Mario Party 10 has been released and still no word from Nintendo. If anything, they'd be released next year since they're probably focusing on the Smash, Yarn Yoshi and Animal Crossing amiibos.
Maybe Nintendo will announce that tomorrow...?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I do not expect or necessarily intend to generate a discussion over this in the long term, as I realise some people may want to get on with the regular discussions in this thread, but I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate the man responsible for the existence of Amiibo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3d2ppa/iwata_is_responsible_for_bringing_this_community/

In late 2013, Satoru Iwata sat alone on a bullet train headed toward Tokyo. As the carriage sped silently down the track, Iwata, the puckish CEO of Nintendo, began sketching out a new idea: a line of physical toys with built-in chips that connected wirelessly to the company’s varied game systems. The toys would let Nintendo trade on its universe of characters like Mario and Donkey Kong while generating new sales.
He was also the man who officially and publicly debuted Amiibo, in the E3 2014 Mii Fighters trailer for Smash Bros:

Rest In Peace, Satoru Iwata.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do not expect or necessarily intend to generate a discussion over this in the long term, as I realise some people may want to get on with the regular discussions in this thread, but I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate the man responsible for the existence of Amiibo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3d2ppa/iwata_is_responsible_for_bringing_this_community/

He was also the man who officially and publicly debuted Amiibo, in the E3 2014 Mii Fighters trailer for Smash Bros:

So... what's next for Nintendo?

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox

Iwata will be missed greatly. I will definitely be making my Mii amiibos as Iwata Miis in-game. ;~;

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
With Dr Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr coming this Friday, Europe will have no more amiibos to wait for as none of the others are actually pre-orderable yet.

I'm dying to pre-order ROB and Mr Game and Watch.

Being they're coming in late September, I hope we get them to pre-order in the next few weeks.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I just need a spare R.O.B. amiibo so I can break it open and move its chip inside my actual R.O.B. That'll be fun next time I'm in an amiibo tournament!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't know if this is the case elsewhere, but the EB Games Canadian website is showing that basically every store in the country is getting a restock for Ness and Shulk.

Ness: https://www.ebgames.ca/StoreLocator/Index?productId=719568
Shulk: https://www.ebgames.ca/StoreLocator/Index?productId=719065

There's no way of knowing when they'll be coming in (I called the closest EB Games, and they said that they could be in any time between 11 and 4, and that's if they're even coming in today), and they're probably in transit at the moment (meaning that they could show up today or not until later this week), but I figure it's worth mentioning so that people can keep an eye out over the next few days.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got :4olimar::4bowserjr: pre-orders through Amazon.jp as they went up today. Kind of surprised, but looking at the exchange rate, imports from Europe aren't doing that bad either.

Wave 1: Welcome Collectors
Wave 2: a & b, Time to Panic
Wave 3: Enter Exclusives
Wave 4: Every Fan for Themselves
Wave 5: Time to Import

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Had a really interesting dream...I was driving down this road and went to this unknown little dollar store. And...bam. TONS of imported/unreleased amiibos. Off the top of my head, Duck Hunt, both kinds of ROBs, Zero Suit Samus, and...Electrode, for whatever reason.

Ended up buying Duck Hunt and an American ROB. Apparently it was due to the store "accidentally receiving a shipment meant for Toys R Us." Quite something, haha.

But back to actual Amiibo stuff. I'm just hoping I'll be able to secure Olimar without resorting to importing him way ahead of time. September's gonna be painful. I'll be out looking for Olimar, Ganondorf, and Duck Hunt, mainly, and ROB if I can find him (though the other three are priority) and Mii Brawler if I have some extra money left. I know it's less than if I was looking for every amiibo, yeah, but still. That's a rather big haul for me for just one day. :laugh:

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Palutena is Amazon exclusive!

Also, they say that they have a lot more stock than past waves. So she won't be as hard to acquire as Lucina/Robin!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ohohohoho

Looks like I'm gonna have to pick Palutena up for my New York friend on Friday.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think this makes the Kid Icarus amiibos, in general, to be the amiibo series in Smash that's hardest to come by in the Americas. Pit's a unicorn who got a small restock early this month, Dark Pit's a Best Buy exclusive, and Palutena's an Amazon exclusive. With that I think it beats out Fire Emblem for multi-character series whose characters are hardest to obtain. :p

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got Shulk! I probably didn't need to ask the clerk at EB Games to set one aside for me, since they had at least five on shelves, but I had no way of knowing that, and at least they honoured that request.

I've heard rumblings of a Ness restock on the 17th, along with some others like Dedede and Charizard, though I don't know how likely it is given that there was already a restock today. Still, I figure it's worth mentioning.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hm... think they'll open preorders for Palutena tomorrow, since 7/15 is "Amazon Day?"

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got Shulk! I probably didn't need to ask the clerk at EB Games to set one aside for me, since they had at least five on shelves, but I had no way of knowing that, and at least they honoured that request.

I've heard rumblings of a Ness restock on the 17th, along with some others like Dedede and Charizard, though I don't know how likely it is given that there was already a restock today. Still, I figure it's worth mentioning.
I'm getting Shulk next week too!

Edit:
http://www.nintendo.com.hk/amiibo/index.htm
Wow!
Looks like there's going to be a new region joining the amiibo line. Even though there are Japanese import amiibos already in Taiwan and Hong Kong. With Hong Kong officially release amiibos probably means there will be more stock.
Hong Kong is going to release these amiibos on July 30th 2015.
:4mario::4mario:(SM):4bowser:(SM):4peach:(SM):4kirby::4dk::4yoshi::4yoshi:(SM):4zelda::4megaman::4sonic::rosalina: Green Squid (Splatoon),:4palutena::4darkpit::4zss::4ganondorf:Yarn Yoshi Plusies,:4bowserjr::4drmario::4olimar:Animal Crossing HA cards.

And the NFC reader.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
At least Amazon was kind enough to give us a release date... still, I'm not thrilled about there being an amiibo problem I can't solve by standing in a line and physically obtaining it myself, not to mention the anxiety of waiting to see whether the packaging was damaged in the mail.

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
you guys are only just getting palutena now? i bought her ages ago. she's so cool *u*

i have been lucky as lately, i managed to pick up pit, robin and rosalina off the shelf. so happy.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Picked up :4zelda: today! Now the only super-commons I need are SSB:4luigi: and SSB:4peach:, along with :4megaman: as a not-super-common-but-still-findable-especially-online amiibo.

:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4ness::4littlemac::4sonic::4pacman:

Common In-Store: :4luigi::4peach:
Common Online at MSRP: :4megaman:
Rare/Unfindable at MSRP: :4samus::4dedede::4marth::4robinm::4villager:
Unreleased: :4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4olimar::4duckhunt::4ryu:

Might Pick Up But Not a Priority: :4rob::4pit::4miibrawl:(Inkling Girl)

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
As I said earlier this week, I got my :4marth: and :rosalina: last Monday from the Target.com restock.
:4bowser::bowser2:(Mario):4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4luigi::luigi2:(Mario) :4mario::mario2:(Mario):mariomelee:(Silver):4marth::4megaman::4ness::4pacman::4peach::peach:(Mario):4pit::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4wario::4yoshi::yoshi2:(Mario):4zelda:, Toad, All 3 Splatoon amiibo
Released in the U.S.: :4falcon::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4mario:(Gold):4metaknight::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit:
Released elsewhere: :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4ganondorf::4olimar::4palutena::4zss:
Not yet Released anywhere: :4duckhunt::4falco::4gaw::4lucas::mario:(8-bit - Classic Coloration):4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4rob::rob: (NES Coloration):4feroy::4ryu:, Any other Smash and Mario series amiibo that happen to be made (not counting reprints of ones I already have)

Last edited:
Top Bottom