• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I seriously feel at this point that places purposely put Marth up while I'm either asleep or out somewhere. :laugh:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Hi-res pictures of Olimar, Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario have surfaced online.

Olimar

Bowser Jr.

Dr. Mario

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm on a trip at Arizona currently and I stopped at a gamestop and got me Pac Man. I couldn't find him where I live so I had to get him since there was only one left.
Edit: Found a Toys R Us and they had a lot of amiibo (Mostly common and a lot of Smash Marios and Mario Party 10 Marios) and I managed to grab a Charizard.

I also heard that my silver and gold mario amiibos arrived at my house back where I live. So far it is a very good week for amiibo collecting.

Last edited:

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
bought lucina online yesterday, go to the shop, find a lucina in the shop. FUUUUUUU oh wait there's a shulk amiibo! anger withdrawn.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Okay, quick question.

How was Olimar's stock in comparison to the others?
When I got there, the boxes of shipments had only arrived an hour ago, so the Amiibos weren't actually on the shelves, I had to ask for them (Dark Pit and Rosalina were also on a shelf behind the counter for some reason...actually I think Rosalina was in a back room). So I didn't see how many they had of each. I can guarantee they still have at least 4 left of each character that came out today (and Dark Pit), as they still have the green "In Stock" check mark on the website, even after my purchase. When they have at least 4, it always says that on the website. When it goes below 4, it will change to "Low Stock".

People in the UK (I'm in Ireland) seem to be saying that they are more or less stocked equally, though. That's what it seems like from photos on /r/amiibo too.

As far as the quality of the three go, I'd say they are all pretty great looking. Dr. Mario looks the best of the lot IMO, and I also think he is the best looking Amiibo of Mario so far.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Oh boy,
A wild Wario appeared in one of the gamestops!
UltimateXsniper used Money!
UltimateXsniper caught a Wario!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this earlier. The store employees that attended to me at the checkout chatted with me for a bit about Amiibos. They asked me whether or not I was intending to open them and play with them. I said that I was, and that I am collecting them all in the Smash line, but I am opening them all (except the Rosalina I bought today, since I already have her opened and I use her a lot in Smash - I'm still unsure on if I should make a custom, or keep her as my one NiB copy because bae - I'm not sure if I'll ever see another one again - they have one or two left at the same store, but I don't want to be greedy, nor do I want to spend more grant money than needed on Amiibos). They then mentioned how "a group of people" were in on another day, and they bought a bunch of Amiibos and didn't intend to open them, and don't even have a Wii U.

There's nothing much more to it than that, but it's the first time I've actually heard of there being other avid collectors/some potential scalpers in my town.

Anyway, here's some photos:

Complete Kid Icarus set

Complete Mario set

Completer-than-complete Mario set

My entire set

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
bought lucina online yesterday, go to the shop, find a lucina in the shop. FUUUUUUU oh wait there's a shulk amiibo! anger withdrawn.
Restocks are doing really well in Australia at the moment. I'd recommend keep searching around in-stores before choosing to buy online next time. Heck, Wave 5A are still well stocked in most places around Australia.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this earlier. The store employees that attended to me at the checkout chatted with me for a bit about Amiibos. They asked me whether or not I was intending to open them and play with them. I said that I was, and that I am collecting them all in the Smash line, but I am opening them all (except the Rosalina I bought today, since I already have her opened and I use her a lot in Smash - I'm still unsure on if I should make a custom, or keep her as my one NiB copy because bae - I'm not sure if I'll ever see another one again - they have one or two left at the same store, but I don't want to be greedy, nor do I want to spend more grant money than needed on Amiibos). They then mentioned how "a group of people" were in on another day, and they bought a bunch of Amiibos and didn't intend to open them, and don't even have a Wii U.

There's nothing much more to it than that, but it's the first time I've actually heard of there being other avid collectors/some potential scalpers in my town.

Complete Kid Icarus set

Complete Mario set

My entire set
Very nice looking collection you have there! Ah yes, scalpers... Unfortunately scalpers are everywhere, even in my town although thankfully the stocks are a lot better now here than before.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is a Target store in Burbank, California. If you live near there, and need a Rosalina, you should get there ASAP.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Now I got my Japanese :4littlemac:and:4myfriends:from Amazon. Next week I'm gonna get both :4pit:and:4zss:. Here's a picture.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
:4drmario:,:4bowserjr:,&:4olimar: are already released in other countries?
Anyway,while visiting family for a week,:4ganondorf:arrived a day earlier than the expected time slot(July 17-27),and:4shulk:FINALLY came a few days earlier.
While I was here,I found a:4samus:in Wal-Mart.
Haven't seen any:4wario:around,might have to buy one online from an official store.
Breaking News: Palutena confirmed to be Amazon exclusive!
Saw this on a GameFAQs topic about this.

Not like I really care about Palutena that much.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So,recap time.
Collected::4mario::4luigi::4falcon::4ganondorf::4pacman::4shulk::4dk::4sonic::4bowser::4megaman::4diddy::4kirby::4samus:
Want::4drmario::4rob::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::4miibrawl::4fox::4wario::4falco:
Maybe::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4dedede::4link::4littlemac::4marth::4metaknight::4gaw::4ness::4pikachu::rosalina::4yoshi:
In-between::4myfriends:
Probably not::4darkpit::4greninja::4lucario::4lucina::4miisword::4miigun::4palutena::4peach::4olimar::4pit::4robinm::4sheik::4tlink::4villager::4wiifit::4zelda::4zss:
As for:4mewtwo:,:4lucas:,:4feroy:,&:4ryu:...

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Complete Kid Icarus set

Complete Mario set

My entire set
So I see you bought another Rosalina, then I might buy another Mario too. (The Mario that I got was from my brother.)

So, are there any amiibos you have missed? I noticed that you don't have Shulk, is he hard to get?

I also found myself spend 900 NT$ on my Shulk amiibo, while I saw there are more stocks of Shulk coming and cost more cheaper...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I see you bought another Rosalina, then I might buy another Mario too. (The Mario that I got was from my brother.)

So, are there any amiibos you have missed? I noticed that you don't have Shulk, is he hard to get?

I also found myself spend 900 NT$ on my Shulk amiibo, while I saw there are more stocks of Shulk coming and cost more cheaper...
Only ones I don't have are Shulk, Dedede, and Ness. However, my friend from New York has secured them for me, so I don't need to hunt them.

I know I've been saying that for a while, but it's because my friend only recently got a job, was committed to getting me a birthday present, and shipping is expensive. As well as those three Smash Amiibos and the present, he also a Silver Mario Amiibo to send me, and a Cat Rosalina figurine that I bought and had sent to his place since Amazon US doesn't ship to Ireland.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Only ones I don't have are Shulk, Dedede, and Ness. However, my friend from New York has secured them for me, so I don't need to hunt them.

I know I've been saying that for a while, but it's because my friend only recently got a job, was committed to getting me a birthday present, and shipping is expensive. As well as those three Smash Amiibos and the present, he also a Silver Mario Amiibo to send me, and a Cat Rosalina figurine that I bought and had sent to his place since Amazon US doesn't ship to Ireland.
I did saw Ness amiibo at one of my game store last week. He costs only 450NT$, the clerk says that the Fire Emblem amiibos are all out. But I eventually got Ike at the next store lol.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I couldn't wait much longer for a Dr. Mario, so I am having him imported. I usually mever do that, but Doc is my main and I have been waiting for one ever since they announced amiibos. He's pretty good much the amiibo I wanted the most. Since I now have him ordered, that puts some weight off my shoulders. :)

I'll still collect amiibos for sure as I have G&W on my list along with yarn yoshis.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Good thing I got the Palutena amiibo from Amazon since she'll be rare to find.
Next are::4drmario:,:rosalina:,:4lucina:,:4robinm:,:4falcon:,:4ness:,:4zss:,:4yoshi:,:4dk:, and maybe:4fox:, but they can wait after I get :4drmario: and:rosalina:.

Does anyone know where to find Dr Mario? I can't find him on Amazon.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Good thing I got the Palutena amiibo from Amazon since she'll be rare to find.
Next are::4drmario:,:rosalina:,:4lucina:,:4robinm:,:4falcon:,:4ness:,:4zss:,:4yoshi:,:4dk:, and maybe:4fox:, but they can wait after I get :4drmario: and:rosalina:.

Does anyone know where to find Dr Mario? I can't find him on Amazon.
If you're living in the US I don't know what to tell ya, since it actually does seem like a lot of the stock in Europe for this Wave actually went to brick and mortar stores this time (which needs to happen more often). Just keep an eye on all of the the different EU Amazons and other such online retailers. Japanese ones too, and maybe check any import shops in your area, if you know of any. eBay as a last resort if you REALLY can't wait for the US release, but honestly I would recommend waiting since he will likely be plentiful. Europe got a lot of the Doc, and it the US always gets more than we do.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
If you're living in the US I don't know what to tell ya, since it actually does seem like a lot of the stock in Europe for this Wave actually went to brick and mortar stores this time (which needs to happen more often). Just keep an eye on all of the the different EU Amazons and other such online retailers. Japanese ones too, and maybe check any import shops in your area, if you know of any. eBay as a last resort if you REALLY can't wait for the US release, but honestly I would recommend waiting since he will likely be plentiful. Europe got a lot of the Doc, and it the US always gets more than we do.
Umm, I'll wait somewhere in the Fall season for the US Dr Mario amiibos to come out and get him if I can. Plus, I'm about to focus on getting the Rosalina amiibo before I leave town.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some Target stores have been getting Rosalina and Jigglypuff, partly because scalpers who were holding onto them started thinking they were losing their value. So you might find her that way.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It seems you still don't get the joke...
Not really to be honest, hope that wasn't an insult...
He does, he literally just explained why he was "slow". He thought they were sold separately beforehand...

...it seems the tables have turned and you are now the slowpoke! :079:
Um yeah...

I don't like slowpoke, so no...

Speaking of Mr.G&W amiibo, how did that guy got Mr.G&W amiibo so early? Mr.G&W is the amiibo that I have been waiting for a long time.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
He most likely got it from some Chinese auction website.
Chinese auction website? I bet it's from Taobao. Just like some one bought Ness amiibo early from that website last time.

Kind of ironic since I know Chinese, but I never buy stuff from a Chinese auction website, because their products' quality are a bit questionable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If any of you still have not gotten Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (and if you haven't got it yet, what are you doing with your life? :V), and also fancy a Toad Amiibo, AND also live in the UK:

There is a bundle with the game and Amiibo coming out in the UK, which we heard of before. However, Argos is listing it in their catalog as an Argos exclusive.

If this is the case, then this actually makes this the first retailer exclusive Amiibo related product in the UK, and maybe even all of Europe IIRC.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Yesss... excluuussiivveess... feel our paaiinn... :evil:

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad @ Game&Watcher Game&Watcher Methinks you might've taken an innocuous statement made in jest too seriously ;)

Still, it's interesting to see anything exclusive pop up outside of NA.

Top Bottom