• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Toad and Mega Man actually just got a restock. That could explain it.

If it's any consolation, Ganondorf likely won't be rare. He's confirmed to not be retail exclusive, and so far every Legend of Zelda amiibo has been uncommon at worst.
Good.I was worried for a moment.
Uncommon at worst.
At my local stores like Wal-Mart,I'll see about 3 or 4 :4mario:s & :4pikachu:s,about one :4peach:,and the rest is just a buttload of :4zelda:.
Why else do you think that is?

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
Toad and Mega Man actually just got a restock. That could explain it.

If it's any consolation, Ganondorf likely won't be rare. He's confirmed to not be retail exclusive, and so far every Legend of Zelda amiibo has been uncommon at worst.
the reason the Zelda ones are uncommon is because they specifically said that they were going to make a lot of the popular ones, and Zelda is a popular series. that also explains why the likes of Shulk and Marth are so rare: Nintendo doesnt think theyre popular

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
the reason the Zelda ones are uncommon is because they specifically said that they were going to make a lot of the popular ones, and Zelda is a popular series. that also explains why the likes of Shulk and Marth are so rare: Nintendo doesnt think theyre popular
Believe me I know, haha.

Good.I was worried for a moment.
Uncommon at worst.
At my local stores like Wal-Mart,I'll see about 3 or 4 :4mario:s & :4pikachu:s,about one :4peach:,and the rest is just a buttload of :4zelda:.
Why else do you think that is?
My local Walmart's the same way. Toys R Us is the only one with most of them, while Gamestop at least has the other Mario amiibos and Diddy as well. And the TRU's an hour further away. :p

Geography, basically. Your location is key. Low-traffic stores get less figures.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Interchangeable GnW amiibo? Interesting...

So how insane are pre-orders going to be now? And are they part of wave 7 in the US, since those 5 are also inbound in September? What about other regions?

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
:4gaw:sounds unlike any other amiibo.
Also surprised:4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:finally got amiibo.
Sakurai's wording,though.
"First,3 classic game stars-R.O.B.,Duck Hunt,and Mr. Game and Watch.Then comes Falco."
:4falco::See where my amiibo's being released?Does it LOOK OK to you!?

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
did anyone else notice the amiibo screen in the regular 3ds games and more menu. Seems like imports might start soon ^^

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
All characters are getting Amiibo confirmed. Just a matter of when.

G&W getting several poses since he's flat and they package easily. Owners can change them.

Oh, and yes, all DLC getting Amiibos, too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah I saw that. That was pretty much a given.

EDIT: E3 Amiibo leak

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Interchangeable GnW amiibo? Interesting...

So how insane are pre-orders going to be now? And are they part of wave 7 in the US, since those 5 are also inbound in September? What about other regions?
This probably means that Mr.G&W is really low budget amiibo.
Yeah I saw that. That was pretty much a given.

EDIT: E3 Amiibo leak

Not another leak...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This probably isn't much, but the newest Smash 3DS update did add amiibo support for the older 3DS systems. Of course, you'll need the proper accessory first.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
When will that device release?
I don't think they've announced a date, but it comes out with the AC amiibo cards, which release with the new Animal Crossing game. I think the Japan release is end of July...?

I guess we'll find out on Tuesday, though. Hope that the DP/Pal preorders aren't as crazy as wave 4, since we'll most likely get those dates too. :rotfl:

Yeah, I know, what a great joke...:urg:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't think they've announced a date, but it comes out with the AC amiibo cards, which release with the new Animal Crossing game. I think the Japan release is end of July...?

I guess we'll find out on Tuesday, though. Hope that the DP/Pal preorders aren't as crazy as wave 4, since we'll most likely get those dates too. :rotfl:

Yeah, I know, what a great joke...:urg:
I wonder how well will that device sell in Japan, since at that time, who still owns the original 3DS at that time?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Don't care which ROB I end up getting. Whatever is cheaper to obtain.

Only want default pose G&W. Not sure how they'll handle it, but on the bright side, he's by far the easiest amiibo to produce.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't care which ROB I end up getting. Whatever is cheaper to obtain.

Only want default pose G&W. Not sure how they'll handle it, but on the bright side, he's by far the easiest amiibo to produce.
Me who don't have much money, price matters.
I saw Dark Pit in my local game store, but he costs 700 NT$(Over 20US$), even though I don't need to be afraid of scalpers in my country, I still have to go get him before he becomes rare.

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Ohhhh yessss finally Duck Hunt and Mr. Game and Watch Amiibo my two most wanted amiibo. Can't wait to get them!! I might get R.O.B. as well...maybe.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
My Inkling 3-Pack got canceled... :mad:
Now I'm really getting angry with these stock problems. I can't even find a Charizard for pete's sake.
I'm looking forward for Falco amiibo but why is it not released with the rest though?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Falco & Game &Watch coming out this month according to mynintendonews.com which I don't believe is accurate...?

------------EDIT

I'll be importing JP ROB for his Famicom colours, and hopefully i'll be able to acquire a NA ROB from Toys R Us or whatever store he ends up being exclusive to, I could see it being Best Buy since he's like a device.

Seeing lots of people talking about getting multiple Mr. Game & Watch so they can display all his poses. That's a little too much for me, I think i'll just get one. Unless he's like Mario level common and I see him every where then maybe i'll feel a little more obliged.

Hopefully the Mii Fighters will come in a 3 pack.

--------------SECOND EDIT

I think this is all the confirmed swap outs for G&W

-------------THIRD EDIT

Side by side ROB amiibo comparison

-----------------FOURTH EDIT

As Per Nintendo.com

June 2015
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Falco

July 2015
- Dark Pit
- Palutena

September 2015
- Bowser Jr.
- Dr. Mario
- Duck Hunt
- Ganondorf
- Mii Brawler
- Mii Gunner
- Mii Swordfighter
- Pikmin & Olimar
- R.O.B.
- Zero Suit Samus

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
At first, I thought I was only gonna get R.O.B. 'miibo and maybe BowJow 'miibo, but now, I'm thinking I might pick up a G&W 'miibo just for those swap poses.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170

Shoutouts to John from my gamestop. He only wanted Lucina and Robin from the last Amiibo wave but because their servers were lagging so he just ended up buying all of them and was giving the rest out to people he knew wanted them and he decided to give me his Ness one. Now to decide if I want to even take him out of the box...

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
I wonder if there will be anyone who will be stupid enough to just use G&W's puck without putting a figure on it

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Falco & Game &Watch coming out this month according to mynintendonews.com which I don't believe is accurate...?

------------EDIT

I'll be importing JP ROB for his Famicom colours, and hopefully i'll be able to acquire a NA ROB from Toys R Us or whatever store he ends up being exclusive to, I could see it being Best Buy since he's like a device.

Seeing lots of people talking about getting multiple Mr. Game & Watch so they can display all his poses. That's a little too much for me, I think i'll just get one. Unless he's like Mario level common and I see him every where then maybe i'll feel a little more obliged.

Hopefully the Mii Fighters will come in a 3 pack.

--------------SECOND EDIT

I think this is all the confirmed swap outs for G&W

-------------THIRD EDIT

Side by side ROB amiibo comparison

-----------------FOURTH EDIT

As Per Nintendo.com

June 2015
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Falco

July 2015
- Dark Pit
- Palutena

September 2015
- Bowser Jr.
- Dr. Mario
- Duck Hunt
- Ganondorf
- Mii Brawler
- Mii Gunner
- Mii Swordfighter
- Pikmin & Olimar
- R.O.B.
- Zero Suit Samus

I checked the Nintendo.com and it says that Mr. Game and Watch is actually coming out in September and Falco is coming out in December.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Picked up :4bowser: today now that I have a Team Discount Card.

Had my accident second order of Wave 5a ship today. Still waiting on Tenso to hear if they received my first shipment that went out on Friday.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Waiwaiwaiwait. Is it confirmed that R.O.B. 'miibos are gonna be retailer exclusive?

Last edited:

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Mannn, I really hope GW is super-common, or at least his poses are sold separately. I've been waiting for him to get a release date for months; it would suck if he were a Unicorn-rare exclusive available at like three Gamestops.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My wallet is ruined and E3 is even here yet.
Amiibos. Amiibos everywhere.
I know the feeling. I'm not gonna buy any new games till after I get all the amiibos first... well, I'll get new games this Christmas... but amiibos come first.

:4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4littlemac::4lucas::4marth::4mewtwo:
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4olimar::4palutena::4rob::4feroy::4ryu::4villager::4wiifit::4zss:

My god... 22 amiibos... and that isn't even counting the Yarn Yoshi amiibos, the Chibi-Robo amiibo, the Animal Crossing amiibos, and the Pixel Mario amiibo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got confirmation on my Tenso order. Should have Wave 5a by early next week.

Looks like Wave 6 is confirmed, and will feature :4mii::4duckhunt::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4mewtwo:. The rest come out in 2016.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Out of the confirmed amiibo from E3, the only ones that interested me were the Smash ones and 8-Bit Mario. I might get K.K. Slider if the Animal Crossing amiibo unlock the Animal Crossing Suit in Mario Kart 8, though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My summoning circle was ineffective...

At least the Mario Maker functionality is cool.

Top Bottom