• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Meanwhile, somewhere in Australia...

(I got the first picture off /r/amiibo, it's not mine.)
I want to go to that place in the next month, lol. All those amiibo, they even have Jiggly and Rosa. I could get Fox, Greninja and maybe a Merth and LM as bonuses to my collection. : O

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I'll just quote myself in another thead for a little story:
Just two days ago while playing around with my Lucina amiibo, I finally got her to Level 50 and I pit her against most of my other figurines: 2 stock, no equipment, 6 min, customs on (though unfortunately I don't have all the custom moves I want for my amiibo), and the fights all happen on the same stage for each set. I gave Lucina Crescent Slash and Dashing Assault (would also given her Iai Counter if I had it) and she defeated almost everyone I matchmade her with. SOme of them were able to take 1 game off of her, but even when she did lose, she somehow adapts and ends up taking back victory the next game:

:4sonic: Rekt
:4greninja: Rekt
:4megaman: Rekt
:4bowser: Rekt
:4shulk: Close, but still victorious
:4mario: Even closer
:4peach: The most intense of them all, but still beaten

Unfortunately, I accidentally left my Wii U on for over an hour without touching it, erasing the data and experience I could've saved to her and the others, and i had to repeat this challenge again. Shulk (who I usually pair with her in teams, as I personally ship these two :love:) gave her a run for a money the first time and was the first to take 1 game in his favor, but somehow lost his magic touch in the reach match and got beaten pretty hard. Other than that, the results didn't really change much at all and she had a win streak of 7 (14 if counting the rematches despite the reset). So far, the only one who managed to beat her was :4tlink: in a real close match, although I made him fight Sonic (who hardly laid a scratch on Lucy) afterwards and somehow performed a LOT worse than he did with Lucina and got trashed, have no idea how it went that way.

Truth be told, I am honestly very surprised she did this well considering how she isn't exactly regarded as a good character competitively, and I like to think of her as the queen of the house as far as amiibos go, easily the strongest one in the household right now and I'm actually really happy with it. I must admit, I do have quite a lot of other amiibos that are untrained, don't have the customs I wanna give them, or I just haven't pit them against her yet: :4robinm::4pacman::4ness::4metaknight::4yoshi::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4wario2::4sheik: and :4pikachu:; and I can't lie that this is a pretty big number. Even so, a lot of these characters are pretty janky/unorthodox or haven't really done anything impressive when I trained them (Yoshi in particular, is horrendously stupid). I do believe Ness, Pikachu, Meta Knight, or Charizard (only with customs tho, once I get them anyway) could potentially defeat her once they're ready; but my faith in the others can basically be summed up like this:

I've never felt so satisfied like this when it comes to training amiibo, and this makes me even happier with getting Lucina than before; not only being one of the most stylish figurines, but by far the most fun and the most effective one I've trained so far. If she can't be good competitively, at least she could be high tier as an amiibo. If amiibo tournaments ever become a thing, definitely gonna main her lol
My other amiibo champions include: :4peach::4pikachu::4mario: and the rest I'm still exploring ( could probably be :4tlink: or :4ness:, most likely). Who would you guys consider the strongest amiibo in your households?

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Just got my :4wario:. I wish his costume in MK8 was based on his biker outfit rather than his classic overalls, even if they are more iconic. (I'm sure that was an unpopular opinion.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
IMG_1687.JPG

Had these on my desk before it was cool.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

YAOI HANDS

YAOI HAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS

Between this and a few other things, Palutena in Smash confirmed as being made for weebs.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
YAOI HANDS

YAOI HAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS
Those eyes look like Sailor Moon!
Palutena is definitely the worst looking of all the Wave 5a Amiibo. Her eyes are just off, and her hands are large.

Had a hard time getting her out of the box because her left arm feels like it could snap at any moment like Rosalina's head, Marth's sword, or Jigglypuff's base. Her hair though is really thick/large so it's more durable than the FE/Ganon capes and she has a clear plastic holder in her back to keep it from moving. Her dress is fairly thick, and her staff is attached to it.

Between this and a few other things, Palutena in Smash confirmed as being made for weebs.
Said the Rosalina main. :yeahboi:

PF9

Smash Lord
For those who want to get a Little Mac in the future, my suggested name is Rocky. I think you know where that one comes from.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Said the Rosalina main. :yeahboi:
>Implying they needed to give Rosalina a boob job going into Smash or put focus on her lady parts in her trailer to make people think she is the most beautiful lady on the roster.

Rosalina is pure, sophisticated, tasteful beauty, not cheap weeaboo/hentai lover pandering. She is only so widely appreciated because she is a quality character in every aspect.

But that's none of my business.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ugh... I want to argue with you but I can't. Palutena's trailer really was uncharacteristic of Nintendo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ugh... I want to argue with you but I can't. Palutena's trailer really was uncharacteristic of Nintendo.
It's OK, I'm half joking anyway. I like Palutena well enough, though I think Smash did cheapen her a bit with some mindless fan service and what not.

It's not really relevant here though, the way her figure looks is merely coincidence. It's a very disappointing one, though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
>Implying they needed to give Rosalina a boob job going into Smash or put focus on her lady parts in her trailer to make people think she is the most beautiful lady on the roster.

Rosalina is pure, sophisticated, tasteful beauty, not cheap weeaboo/hentai lover pandering. She is only so widely appreciated because she is a quality character in every aspect.

But that's none of my business.
You guys aren't any fun. LMAO :happysheep:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So anyone name there Amiibos anything silly lately?

I called my Wario "Le Fartman", and my Charizard "Spyro".

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I gave most of mine silly names while I let them custom farm, was gonna give them real names later. Couple of them though are really fun.

:4bowser:T-wrecks
:4diddy:Back Again (taking the DK rap literally)
:4myfriends:Eisenhower
:4littlemac:Whopper (my personal favorite: Little Mac -> Big Mac -> Whopper)
:4charizard:Dovahkiin (Smaug was really close too)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm sure I've posted this before, but the list has expanded a little since...

:4bowser:: Bowie
:4dedede:: Dingles
:4fox:: DTY
:4kirby:: Lemongrab
:4link:: Zelda
:4zelda:: Link
:4pacman:: Pookmin
:4peach:: Poochie
:4sonic:: Sanic
:4tlink:: Tink
:4yoshi:: Boshi

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
My updated list of amiibo names:
:4bowser:(Smash): Da Bowz
:bowser2:(Mario): BOWSAH
:4charizard:: Lizard On!
:4diddy:: HOO-HAH!!! (What everyone seems to name their Diddys)
:4dk:: GoldenDong
:4jigglypuff:: POO-REEN
:4kirby:: Puyo!~
(Inkling Boy): Kid
(Inkling Girl): Squid Kid
(Inkling Squid): Squid (I wasn't really imaginative with the Splatoon amiibo)
:4link:: Excuse Me!
:4luigi:(Smash): luggy
:luigi2:(Mario): WAH-HEE!
:4mario:(Smash): mayro
:mario2:(Mario): WAH-HOO!
:mariomelee: (Silver): MAgrio
:4megaman:: JumpNShoot
:4pacman:: MAC-MAC (After some Toys R Us naming error with someone thinking it was supposed to be Little Mac)
:4peach:(Smash): Toadstool
:peach:(Mario): Pitch
:4pikachu:: MY KNEE!
:4samus:: Metroid
:4sheik:: Not Zelda
:4sonic:: Coldsteel the Hedgeheg
(Toad): IM DA BEST
:4tlink:: Muh Boi! This peace is what all true warriors strive for!
:4wario:
: WAWAHEE
:4yoshi:(Smash): joshy
:yoshi2:(Mario): JOSHO
:zelda::Not Sheik
I know I said I wan't going to get the Splatoon amiibo, but I felt the need to add some variety to my collection, and it was one of the few oppurtunities that I had to get the 3-Pack. (I got them before my Wario arrived.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Managed to pick up a quartet of commons today!

:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4pikachu:

Current Collection: :4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4kirby::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4fox::4littlemac::4pacman:

Commons/Obtainable: :4luigi::4peach::4zelda::4megaman::4sonic:
Rare: :4samus:
Impossible: :rosalina::4dedede::4marth::4robinm::4pit::4villager::4wiifit:
Unreleased: :4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4olimar::4rob::4duckhunt::4ryu:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Managed to pick up a quartet of commons today!

:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4pikachu:

Current Collection: :4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4kirby::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4fox::4littlemac::4pacman:

Commons/Obtainable: :4luigi::4peach::4zelda::4megaman::4sonic:
Rare: :4samus:
Impossible: :rosalina::4dedede::4marth::4robinm::4pit::4villager::4wiifit:
Unreleased: :4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4olimar::4rob::4duckhunt::4ryu:
The ones you have listed as "impossible" are all in the middle of restocks that are continuing going forward, except for maybe Robin. You should be able to find them if you keep an eye out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The ones you have listed as "impossible" are all in the middle of restocks that are continuing going forward, except for maybe Robin. You should be able to find them if you keep an eye out.
Oh I know. It's just that finding one on a random outing is basically impossible, so I just called it that. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh I know. It's just that finding one on a random outing is basically impossible, so I just called it that. :p
At the very least you should be able to find them online (unless that isn't an option). I've seen them all pop up quite a bit for MSRP. Keep an eye on /r/amiibo if you wish, people are always posting about random restocks and what not.

D

Deleted member

Apparently that Robin amiibo I ordered got sent back to seller due to customs problems but he re-sent it. Here's hoping that it actually arrives to my house this time.

Also, names of my current amiibos:
:4marth:Kirito
:4lucina:Asuna
:4sheik:Akatsuki

I have no idea what to name Robin though. I want to go with the theme of naming them after anime characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently that Robin amiibo I ordered got sent back to seller due to customs problems but he re-sent it. Here's hoping that it actually arrives to my house this time.

I have no idea what to name Robin though. I want to go with the theme of naming them after anime characters.
Call him Kamille. Because Robin's a man's name and he's a man!

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Have::4bowser::4charizard::4diddy::4dk::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4wario::4yoshi: (Currently Complete Splatoon collection (I really need to get the game eventually)) (All of the Mario Series amiibo sans Gold Mario)
Still Need: :4falcon::4darkpit::4dedede::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4ness::4pit::4robinm::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit::4zss:(Gold Mario)
Unreleased::4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4olimar::4rob: (NES R.O.B.) :4feroy::4ryu:(Maybe K.K. Slider), (8-bit Mario)

Unannounced: Other Smash DLC Characters/Smash Alts (such as :4alph::4wario2::4robinf:), Waluigi/SM Wave 2, Anything Else that interests me

EarthBound18

Smash Cadet
Is their any way to teach my level 50 Charizard Amiibo to preform an up throw at high percentages? He always does down throw even at high percents, and I always try to KO him with an up throw but he never seems to pick it up. Also can you teach your Amiibos different follow ups after a down throw?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm a bit scared to see what the amiibo launch has been like in June... Any preorders in US for Dark Pit on, or other series' amiibo?

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I'm a bit scared to see what the amiibo launch has been like in June... Any preorders in US for Dark Pit on, or other series' amiibo?
So far no preorders for dark pit and the other series amiibo in the US as of yet. But once they are ready for preorder it will be probably get sold out in minutes and the websites will probably crash. Yep good luck.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

Name Robin "Akira".
He does technically embody a monster, the fell dragon. And Akira technically turns into a monster with his supernatural powers. : 3

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm pretty sure any store exclusives are automatically considered unicorns, though Toys R Us does a far better job handling their exclusives than other stores. (actually getting them, limiting them to one per customer, etc.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GameStop.ie is abysmal now. They only have stock of one Smash Amiibo...

:4myfriends:IT'S GOD DAMN IKE AGAIN:4myfriends:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure any store exclusives are automatically considered unicorns, though Toys R Us does a far better job handling their exclusives than other stores. (actually getting them, limiting them to one per customer, etc.)
So my extra Jigglypuff is also valuable. Though maybe not so much, there are reprint rumours around it.

Debating whether to try to trade/sell Wave IV pickups. Not sure I need Wario and Charizard, either.

Top Bottom