• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the Wii Fit Trainer restock that's happening tomorrow for Gamestop? Mine's getting none. The chipper counter guy was sad about it too, since he goes all out on ANY big game release (Squid hats at Splatoon release, spray painting the store windows with the Batman symbol for Arkham Knight, etc). Genuine nice guy.

But **** the amiibo situation. I don't care that it's a low traffic store, we should at least get one. Some "restock"...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So far no preorders for dark pit and the other series amiibo in the US as of yet. But once they are ready for preorder it will be probably get sold out in minutes and the websites will probably crash. Yep good luck.
So Ness, Greninja, etc, were the last amiibo news in USA?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So Ness, Greninja, etc, were the last amiibo news in USA?
Haven't heard anything yet either, and I'm getting nervous. If DP/Pal are releasing in July, they're out at some random point in the next 5 weeks.

I hope they're not just forgoing preorders, and they'll just come up one day saying "Surprise! They're released today!" Great way to assuredly not get any of them...

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Here's who I have so far: (I don't collect amiibo much, but I have plans)

:4tlink:: Spillgrim (Named after Scott Pilgrim, cus dang don't they look similar)
:4sonic:: Step It Up
:4pacman:: Not Q*Bert

Who I plan on getting:

:4mario::4megaman: :4gaw: and maybe :4feroy: when he's released. Any name suggestions for these guys are appreciated :p

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Found a :4jigglypuff:amiibo today! I was really surprised that there were like, 5 Jigglypuffs. Wasn't she supposed to be super rare or something? o_0

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Okay, now my Japanese :rosalina: arrived yesterday (which was also my birthday), and now I have every exclusive amiibo both so far and in all of Wave 3. All that is left from the ones already released are :4wiifit::4littlemac::4pit::4myfriends::4robinm: and :4lucina:. Here's the pic of my Rosalina amiibo.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
My brother went to EB Games this morning to pick up his LIght-Blue Yarn Yoshi amiibo. Meanwhile, I went to Kmart and found a Toon Link on the shelf. Neither of them had Pit restocks yet, but I'm glad to have got one more, at least. My current collection is :4link::4samus::rosalina::4zelda::4tlink:. His is:4falcon::4greninja::4littlemac::4metaknight::4sheik::4yoshi: + Toad and the three Splatoon amiibo. Next Saturday, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena and Dark Pit all come out, I can't wait to get those.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Was pleasantly surprised to find this in a Meijer today.

Other then that all I've seen of wave 4 in the wild after launch is Silver Mario and Pac-Man. And it seems like the restocks in my stores have been primarily for the THREE versions of Mario...
:facepalm:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
The Ganondorf amiibo I preordered came in the mail today!

Not gonna lie, he looks awesome. The details are amazing, and I'm glad I purchased him before he inevitably becomes rare. The only thing that annoys me a little is how wrong his collar seems to be placed, though.

Last edited:

keymanb

Smash Apprentice
Probably everyone know's this but I'm going to share it.

If you have a really stupid amiibo, and you are thinking to reset it, don't fret. Amiibo's only get smarter when they lose, and if they are hard to beat, just get a friend, and do doubles, gang up on the amiibo like 10 matches, and it will be op.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I'm having the WORST luck and it isn't even morning yet.

-GameStop.ie cancelled my Dark Pit. They aren't getting any shipments. Get a refund in a few days.

-GameStop.ie charged me again for the pre-orders I already paid for. There is no way they can dodge this, because pre-orders are paid for up front there, unless being shipped to a local store (an option that isn't even available for Amiibos). The fact I am being refunded on Dark Pit is proof of that.

-My account balance has been left in the negative because of this, and I can't contact GameStop until morning. This may result in the bank charging me a fee for "unpaid items" EVEN THOUGH I BLOODY WELL DID PAY FOR THEM.

-Before anyone asks "why are you buying Amiibos with so little left in your account?", it's because A) unexpected expenses/favours came up after these pre-orders were made, and B) I was actually supposed to get a payment of nearly €1,000 just now, but it hasn't shown up yet either, which is why this slip up on the part of GameStop is leaving me in the negatives. However, my account is suddenly unavailable to view, and has been for the past while, which USUALLY means a payment is being processed, so I might actually be seeing it in a minute, so here's hoping.

Oh, and not too long ago, Play-Asia shipped some of those re-runs I had ordered way earlier than they told me they were going to, and because I couldn't pay for all of them. Only one I could pay for was Meta Knight, who is thankfully on his way. Robin, Lucina, and Ness are now completely not secured, though.

If this grant does not come through, I will have to borrow money to pay off the remainder of my Palutena and Ganondorf pre-orders at my local GameStop. :\

Amiibo collecting should not be this ****ing stressful and prone to mess ups like these.

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Dammit, Nintendo, just give us our figure players! It's not like they're too hard to make, sell, and ship. This whole situation is becoming less of a hype train and more of a freak show.

I might just wait on collecting amiibo until they're all common in some way or another. You know they're gonna reprint them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So apparently the NWS had a MASSIVE restock today only that they only told people about via Twitter right as it happened. Fox, Inklings, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Pit, Robin, Lucina, and Little Mac.

That's not okay, Nintendo.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
So apparently the NWS had a MASSIVE restock today only that they only told people about via Twitter right as it happened. Fox, Inklings, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Pit, Robin, Lucina, and Little Mac.

That's not okay, Nintendo.
>MFW I live nowhere near NYC and still don't have any of those (excluding the inklings).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So I see you all getting stressed with pre-orders and stuff. Today I went in to get Yoshi's Woolly World and well... I came out with Charizard, Ness AND LUCINA. The key is not giving a **** I guess, I'm getting crazy lucky recently.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I must say I'm pretty much done with this amiibo hunting bull****. My collection, which I will include their names, now consist of:
:4link: Peter
:rosalina: Sabrina
:4megaman: Riley
:4myfriends: Leroy
:4zelda: Cynthia
:4shulk: Donald
:4lucina: Taylor
:4robinf: Chelsea

I'm already stressed out enough from having to work for two straight weeks with no days off and I'm not gonna stress myself even further with this amiibo crap. **** this ****.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I didn't realize Fox was going to become a unicorn. I actually returned a spare I had once, and I actually think I know a store nearby where one's been sitting on a shelf for months.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OK SO UPDATE ON MY SCENARIO

-I got my Ganondorf, and my ZSS's have shipped, but my Palutena didn't arrive yet (they assured me it's coming though).

-HOWEVER, my local GameStop got a shipment of all of the FE characters to fulfill pre-orders that were made or something, but a mix up happened and they have 2 spares of each. And due to what happened with my Palutena, the employee there offered to give me first pick on these figures, and is willing to hold them for me for a week, since my Palutena got delayed. So I asked him to hold Lucina and Robin for me, and I will be getting them sometime this week (whenever I can - I just need to get my grant next week, but my mother might help me out to just get them out of the way, and I can simply pay her back later).

-Smash Bowser got a restock in Smyths, and Little Mac and Ness finally arrived here. Hoping Ness doesn't sell out before I get my grant. People don't know him at all over here, so I'm hoping there aren't any collectors like me in my town.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just picked up :4peach::4tlink: today.

Am finally done with collecting until Wave 5b. Got Doc on Amazon.uk pre-order. Will probably go after the remaining two through Tenso at the end of July.

D

Deleted member

So... is it worth hunting for a Villager Amiibo now?

Also I'm desperately hoping we get some warning beforehand to pre-order Lucas. I'll be mad if by the time I find out he's out of stock and I have to search everywhere for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I asked around about some of these fabled restocks. The only news I heard was one of the Gamestops near me received a single Wii Fit Trainer.

I only need American Marth, Villager, WFT, and C. Falcon to have a full NA set.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I discovered some cool Amiibo x Android related stuff people have been doing lately:

Basically, you can assign Amiibos to basically perform any function on your phone, from launching apps and bookmarks, to toggling a setting each time they are scanned.

Tutorial on how to do it:

I tested it out by making my Sonic Amiibo launch Sonic Runners and it works perfectly.

Also, the same individual also created an Amiibo related app, but it does feature an actual use for your Amiibos:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So Japan/Europe/'Stralya,

How is wave 5 doing in your areas? Should we expect them to be unicorns, or just rare? Still waiting to hear anything on this next wave, and I'm really starting to get annoyed at the lack of info.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mannn, I really hope GW is super-common, or at least his poses are sold separately. I've been waiting for him to get a release date for months; it would suck if he were a Unicorn-rare exclusive available at like three Gamestops.
I'm sure he will.

YAOI HANDS

YAOI HAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS

Between this and a few other things, Palutena in Smash confirmed as being made for weebs.
I might get her as well after I got Rosalina amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

How is wave 5 doing in your areas? Should we expect them to be unicorns, or just rare? Still waiting to hear anything on this next wave, and I'm really starting to get annoyed at the lack of info.
They are being handled better than Wave 3 and Wave 4 for sure, in that all of them actually arrived. Some Amiibos from previous waves that we didn't really get are also showing up alongside them. However, they are not amazingly stocked or anything. They've been lasting a while where I live, but that's due to the obscurity of the characters. The guy at GameStop who sold me Ganondorf didn't know who he was. Called him "Gandalf" at first. :V

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Next wave is coming on July 30th in Japan. I might only get Dr.Mario and Olimar. But to me, I want to get Wii U first.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Pit was up on Gamestop (US) earlier today. I managed to snag one and I sure am estatic! However, I hope my order doesn't get canceled/delayed.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I finally got :4pit: today. My local EB Games had none on the shelf, and I asked when they were getting more. The guy said they may have one in the back, but he had to search through a box. After waiting a minute, he came back to the counter with Pit in hand, so I bought it. Apparently, somebody had returned it or something because there were a couple of odd marks on the box. I couldn't care less about that, and I'm overjoyed to have him.

I'm done hunting for amiibo now. :4ganondorf::4zss::4palutena::4darkpit: come out on Saturday, I will pick up my prorders and then be done with what I want from the Smash line. I will have achieved my goal of owning all the Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus characters. :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I finally got :4pit: today. My local EB Games had none on the shelf, and I asked when they were getting more. The guy said they may have one in the back, but he had to search through a box. After waiting a minute, he came back to the counter with Pit in hand, so I bought it. Apparently, somebody had returned it or something because there were a couple of odd marks on the box. I couldn't care less about that, and I'm overjoyed to have him.

I'm done hunting for amiibo now. :4ganondorf::4zss::4palutena::4darkpit: come out on Saturday, I will pick up my prorders and then be done with what I want from the Smash line. I will have achieved my goal of owning all the Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus characters. :)
I will try to get :rosalina::4darkpit::4shulk: when I got my money.
And see if I can get :4drmario: on July 30.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My Meta Knight from Play-Asia came today. That's Wave 1, 2, and 3 all done for me (well, I technically don't have Dedede and Shulk on me, but my friend is holding them for me). Now I just have to get Lucina, Robin, and Ness for Wave 4, and Dark Pit and Palutena, and I'm all caught up in the Smash Bros line. Only one I have a lock on is Palutena though (the deputy director from my college is being an scumbag, so I still haven't got to make my grant appeal yet).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My Meta Knight from Play-Asia came today. That's Wave 1, 2, and 3 all done for me (well, I technically don't have Dedede and Shulk on me, but my friend is holding them for me). Now I just have to get Lucina, Robin, and Ness for Wave 4, and Dark Pit and Palutena, and I'm all caught up in the Smash Bros line. Only one I have a lock on is Palutena though (the deputy director from my college is being an scumbag, so I still haven't got to make my grant appeal yet).
So is your final achievement is to get all of the Smash Bros amiibo? Hope you can get all of them.

Top Bottom