• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Khao

Smash Lord
I think the only other amiibo I'm going to get, at least when it comes to stuff beyond what's already released, is Lucas.

I might also get Samus at some point, since she's still easy to find. I'd like to get an Inkling Girl, but she sold out pretty much instantly at my regular store, and I don't care enough to go hunting elsewhere (and certainly not enough to pay more than retail price, these things are already way overpriced over here).

I can definitely see Pokémon getting its own line of amiibo at some point. Either figures or cards, but there's no way it won't happen. Wouldn't be surprised at Zelda getting its own line either. I'd like to see Star Fox too, but that might be a bit risky.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I think the only other amiibo I'm going to get, at least when it comes to stuff beyond what's already released, is Lucas.

I might also get Samus at some point, since she's still easy to find. I'd like to get an Inkling Girl, but she sold out pretty much instantly at my regular store, and I don't care enough to go hunting elsewhere (and certainly not enough to pay more than retail price, these things are already way overpriced over here).

I can definitely see Pokémon getting its own line of amiibo at some point. Either figures or cards, but there's no way it won't happen. Wouldn't be surprised at Zelda getting its own line either. I'd like to see Star Fox too, but that might be a bit risky.
I'm already predicting Nintendo will start off E3 with news of "Pokémon Z" or somesuch and make a big announcement regarding Amiibos. Notice that Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Pikachu (exempting only Mewtwo) all already got their Amiibos while others are on the backburner? There's more coming. I'm pretty certain. There will be some wonky way they are used in the new game (but obviously, they will not get any support in OR/AS because Gamefreak now forces us to buy the newest game instead of patching any old games so that we buy as many games as possible and give them as much money as possible).

Shog

Smash Ace
(but obviously, they will not get any support in OR/AS because Gamefreak now forces us to buy the newest game instead of patching any old games so that we buy as many games as possible and give them as much money as possible).
You mean what they did since 1996?

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Yup, was reported on Amiibo News Twitter feed a few days ago. It's interesting they showed up in Brazil, of all places.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Today I got lucky and found Wii Fit Trainer and Pit in a local Gamestop. Maybe the second isn't so rare but I never actually saw a Wii Fit Trainer amiibo with my own eyes so I got both. 13 amiibos in total right now, not bad for someone who isn't really an amiibo hunter (I went to the store to get Metal Gear Solid 4).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
What's even the point in making a Mario fake amiibo. They're so common, if they'd made fake rare amiibos and sell it at 50 bucks on ebay they would probably make tons of money

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What's even the point in making a Mario fake amiibo. They're so common, if they'd made fake rare amiibos and sell it at 50 bucks on ebay they would probably make tons of money
Let's just hope it doesn't flow in to the US.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I got Marth! I found one on a store, the first Marth amiibo I ever saw. And the he's not a Merth, the paint job is awesome, actually.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Yup, was reported on Amiibo News Twitter feed a few days ago. It's interesting they showed up in Brazil, of all places.
It's really not surprising. Brazil imposes a very heavy tax on all (or most, not 100% sure.) imported products. I remember reading that a single amiibo costs about $50 there. Yes, that much for common ones like Mario.

It's probably only a matter of time until someone tries making phony versions of rarer characters.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
It's really not surprising. Brazil imposes a very heavy tax on all (or most, not 100% sure.) imported products. I remember reading that a single amiibo costs about $50 there. Yes, that much for common ones like Mario.

It's probably only a matter of time until someone tries making phony versions of rarer characters.
Brazillian here. You can get amiibo on the grey market with prices ranging from R$90 to R$120 (30 to 40 dollars). Officially, amiibo cost R$150 (50 dollars), and only the extremely common ones officially exist here.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
They probably work for a while but then eventually crap out. :p

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
quick question how many more smash amiibo are plan for released. I was just curious when I could buy a ROB amiibo and 3ds adapter. Thanks ^^

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway my collection so far is:

Smash Bros. line - Link, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Pit, Bowser, Yoshi, Marth, Sheik
Mario line - Luigi
Splatoon line - Squid

I have pre-ordered the Yoshi amiibo for Woolly World, Palutena and Bowser Jr.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
My collection:
Smash- Yoshi, Luigi, Pikachu
Splatoon- Boy, Girl, Squid

I am mad hyped for Happy Home Designer cause I don't know.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Now my Japanese :4greninja: and :4falcon: got here today. All that's left from the orders to arrive is :rosalina:. Here's a picture of the two.

Also, now that I have :4falcon:, I have all the amiibos from the original 12! Here is a group shot!

D

Deleted member

I have a question, it's kind of stupid but here goes:
I saw a FedEx truck driving down my neighborhood when I came home today so I was like, "Cool! Maybe my Robin amiibo arrived!" but I didn't see it on my door step. Do you have to stay home to sign for a package? :/ And will FedEx come again? I'm so worried they might not come back and I fear I'll never get it at this point.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Bad news guys, i heard from my mom who works at Target, apparently all Wave 5 amiibo shipments except for possibly Dark Pit and Palutena got pushed back to September 2015. They even changed the date for wave 5 amiibo on the website:
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/5lE88acontG-8LiYsXZHWsJbLYJLXIz1
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/9zGpUqfJzIWeU2dTiv6cnAR01KdcRQ9N
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/uGl0hG94ce1DmOGDynhG-mua87dciiAM
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/aTkh7avfSbKaitAxdGQAen_mmE8vDspA
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/Lg7xsBfh4-uHlw0S3QgNmd9gMGPn-ywQ

I figured DP and Palutena were in the same boat, except that the websites still lists the two as coming out in July, though that might be a mistake:
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/i1KDMHGbdGoZDNKn7SO0wf__oVGRFtBw

Since we're nearing the end of the Smash Bros. characters, I have a few questions:

-which upcoming amiibo are you looking forward to?
-what series do you hope will get a set of amiibo figurines?
-do you think Nintendo has any big amiibo-related plans for E3?
For wave 5 amiibo, just ZSS and Ganondorf, possibly Palutena, but not sure on that. For Amiibo that haven't been announced (or at least haven't been given a release date), basically just Mewtwo, Lucas and maybe Falco.

I'd love to see Xenoblade or Mother get series, although i doubt that'd happen, realistically i'd like to see a Kid Icarus and Pokemon lineup.

Not really honestly, aside from maybe a new line up series if anything at all.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Bad news guys, i heard from my mom who works at Target, apparently all Wave 5 amiibo shipments except for possibly Dark Pit and Palutena got pushed back to September 2015. They even changed the date for wave 5 amiibo on the website:
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/5lE88acontG-8LiYsXZHWsJbLYJLXIz1
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/9zGpUqfJzIWeU2dTiv6cnAR01KdcRQ9N
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/uGl0hG94ce1DmOGDynhG-mua87dciiAM
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/aTkh7avfSbKaitAxdGQAen_mmE8vDspA

I figured DP and Palutena were in the same boat, except that the websites still lists the two as coming out in July, though that might be a mistake:
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/i1KDMHGbdGoZDNKn7SO0wf__oVGRFtBw

For wave 5 amiibo, just ZSS and Ganondorf, possibly Palutena, but not sure on that. For Amiibo that haven't been announced (or at least haven't been given a release date), basically just Mewtwo, Lucas and maybe Falco.

I'd love to see Xenoblade or Mother get series, although i doubt that'd happen, realistically i'd like to see a Kid Icarus and Pokemon lineup.

Not really honestly, aside from maybe a new line up series if anything at all.
LOL the release dates have always been September dude. Check the April 1st direct.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Palutena looks even creepier than the prototypes from this photo.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
LOL the release dates have always been September dude. Check the April 1st direct.
Wut. I thought that the first half of the wave would be in June and the second in July. Whoops, i was midled. Oh well.

Palutena looks even creepier than the prototypes from this photo.
Japan already got them, wut. : O

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wut. I thought that the first half of the wave would be in June and the second in July. Whoops, i was midled. Oh well.
Those are the EUR dates. NA gets to wait a while for them.

I'm expecting we'll at least get the July dates for DP/Pal at E3 - more fun with pre-orders inbound, for those who didn't enjoy the last set enough. Betting we'll also hear about wave 7 (6 If Ganon/ZSS/Doc/BJ/Olimar are counted as 5b instead of 6...the waves are all kinds of mixed up) there.

I wonder if they'll throw Mewtwo into wave 7, or if there'll be a DLC wave to get those out...

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Those are the EUR dates. NA gets to wait a while for them.

I'm expecting we'll at least get the July dates for DP/Pal at E3 - more fun with pre-orders inbound, for those who didn't enjoy the last set enough. Betting we'll also hear about wave 7 (6 If Ganon/ZSS/Doc/BJ/Olimar are counted as 5b instead of 6...the waves are all kinds of mixed up) there.

I wonder if they'll throw Mewtwo into wave 7, or if there'll be a DLC wave to get those out...
Oooooooooooooh. Aw, why does EUR get them so much earlier. : ( At least i have the summer to get the past amiibos i want online though, mostly Lucario, Greninja and Fox are the ones i want to get before the next wave if it's gonna take so long.

I hear Ganon, ZSS, Doc, BJ and Olimar are Wave 5B, but who knows. I think Wave 6 might get announced at E3 as well, hopefully we don't have to wait a whole year for Lucas and Mewtwo amiibos though, having them in November or December in NA would be nice.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My Fox came today. :D Brings my total up to ten.

Thinking of buying the Pit that's on Amazon for only $20. Six bucks more and free shipping seems like a good deal to me, especially since it's from Japan. I'll just pretend the extra six is an import cost. :p

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Just bought a Robin amiibo on Ebay for 40 dollars and free shipping. Normally I do everything can to avoid buying from scalpers, but I did everything I could to buy one at retail price. I camped out at target and I went on Amazon and pressed F5 for the entire half hour there said they would release him. Well at least I'm getting him, so I'm happy with my choice.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think spreading the dates out has to do with stock. If true, importing seems like the way to go for future waves if you're going to pay scalper prices anyway. Recently signed up on Tenso myself, so fingers crossed.

Amiibos are starting to pick up their pace, so it's time to move this thread to the NintenZone boards. Will leave a re-direct here for a little while.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Does the rarity of Amiibos change based on regions? I hear Pit, Wii Fit Trainer and Marth are considered "unicorns" in USA but I just found the first two here in Europe simply on the shelf (they were both the last ones though) and I see a few Marths here and there.
What are the rarest Amiibos in Europe? Personally, I've never seen Lucario for example. Or Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does the rarity of Amiibos change based on regions? I hear Pit, Wii Fit Trainer and Marth are considered "unicorns" in USA but I just found the first two here in Europe simply on the shelf (they were both the last ones though) and I see a few Marths here and there.
What are the rarest Amiibos in Europe? Personally, I've never seen Lucario for example. Or Rosalina.
The rarest amiibos here are the same as the US ones, except a few more characters are rare, like Kirby, Zelda, and Pac-Man.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apologies for the bump, but some news:

Nintendo/Koei Tecmo just announced Hyrule Warriors 3DS (New 3DS exclusive?), and it adds Tetra and the King of Red Lions as playable characters. Buying the 3DS version means you can import them to Wii U too.

Posting because I have a feeling there will be a Hyrule Warriors or Zelda Amiibo line announced to go with it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

SEGA OF JAPAN POSTED THIS ON THEIR TWITTER AND PROMPTLY REMOVED IT

IM DEEEEEAD

WE FAST WARRIORS NOW

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure if that's Sonic being added as a DLC character or what it is, but I hope that it can be simply unlocked through the Wii U version as opposed to getting a New 3DS (or the amiibo scanner for the 3DS), scanning a Sonic amiibo, and transferring it to the Wii U version through the 3DS. (a bit irrational of me, but given that Tetra and the King seem to be unlocked on the Wii U through a transfer between systems, there's precedent)

Last edited:
Top Bottom