• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My amiibo names are:
:4link:: Bruce
:rosalina:: Sabrina
:4megaman:: Parker
:4myfriends:: Leroy
:4zelda:: Cynthia

When I get them or if I can:
:4littlemac:: Oscar
:4shulk:: Donald
:4lucina:: Taylor
:4robinf:: Chelsea

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I already have :4charizard::4lucina::4ness::4pacman::4robinm::4wario:imported from JP about a couple weeks ago, now just waiting on :4jigglypuff:and Splatoon 3-Pack since they shipped and also waiting for my :4greninja: that I got from Ebay

OH WHAT A DAY! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!
What_a_lovely_day_Mad_Max_Fury_Road.gif

*GIF accurately represents the rush for Amiibo :laugh:*

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Welp, waited in line from 5:30pm-midnight at Nintendo World, then until 4am to get in, to get just Pac-Man. They gave away wristbands up to about 40 people in front of me for the two exclusives, so I wasn't able to get a Ness.

I probably could have shown up at 8am this morning for the same result had I known; they still had huge stock of all the non-exclusives when I left, and there weren't a ton of people behind me. Guess it's down to secondhand/imports if I want a Ness... :c

EDIT: On the plus side, Pac-Man is gorgeous.

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I just got home from Target with :4charizard::4jigglypuff::4pacman: and MAgrio. I, sadly, wasn't able to camp Toys R Us, so I may miss out on :4greninja:. As for :4lucina::4robinm::4wario:, I'm going to have to test my luck on Amazon.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
TIME FOR MY TALES OF THIS MORNING'S AMIIBO CONQUEST!

I started at my Target half an hour before they opened, and my politeness got the best of me as I only jogged to the back while everyone else bolted for it. I watched in agony as each of the 3-4 Robin/Lucina amiibos were snatched up one by one just before my turn in the small line. I did manage to grab the triple Splatoon pack and Jigglypuff (who was surprisingly plentiful) though.

Next was next door to Meijer, sold out except for a single Pac-Man which, seeing as I have one on the way, had no need for. Next I tried to locate the Toys R Us for Greninja, but since it was in a part of town I've never navigated before I couldn't find it after an hour.

On the way home I decided to swing by Best Buy, and, as luck would have it, it wasn't open yet and there were only two other guys sitting next to the door. I heard from them that the Toys R Us I looked for had a huge line, so my efforts probably would've been for naught. Once the doors open I was third in line, and actually say I nice bit on graciousness from the two guys in front of me. There was only two Robins and Lucinas, and the three of us decided the guy in front should get both as he was there hours before anyone else, and I got Lucina while the second guy got Robin.

And that works out well as Lucina's time frame on Amazon is cut into by my work schedule, while I'm completely open for Robin, so at least I still have a chance there.

Overall, I did well. (I didn't even get the game! :joyful:).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got to TRU at 7am, was 7th in line. Increased to 24 people at 8:05am when Target opened. Was about ~30+ of us total. Had about 4 Marths, ~10 Robin/Lucina, plenty of Greninjas, and a fair amount of everyone else.

Stopped at Best Buy to check for Meta Knight restock, they had 1 Splatoon 3 Pak, 3 Charizards/Pac Mans, and 2 Silver Marios.

Could have bought/resold the FE characters, but there were kids behind me as well as my soul on the line. :redface:

Ending up getting :4greninja::4pacman::4wario2:in total. Hopefully my :4jigglypuff:arrives in the mail today.

Kendude

Smash Cadet
Got my :4ness: from a courier after I got back. Also by some stroke of luck, Walmart's website had all of wave 4 available online. So I was able to order :4lucina: and:4robinm:.

Today was a good amiibo day, and I hope other people had the same fruitful day I did. :grin:

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I got Greninja and Silver Mario! My brother got them too! Good thing we went to Toys R Us at 5 AM and we were 5th and 6th in line. Can't wait to give my boyfriend the extra Greninja and Silver Mario!

Jigglypuff is being shipped to my house. I'm getting two so the extra one is for my boyfriend. Robin, Lucina, Ness, Pac-Man, Wario, Charizard, and Splatoon 3-Pack are being shipped to my boyfriend's house. Hopefully I'll have them all by next week.

Can't believe we managed to get all the Wave 4 amiibos, Splatoon 3-Pack, and Silver Mario without resorting to buying from scalpers on eBay.

Lala33012

Smash Rookie
NNID
I wasn't able to get the :4lucina: :4robinm: unfortunately. Walmart is so far from me and i went to 2 gamestops and they already said, they were sold out even before store hours...which is kinda hard to believe cuz I heard they were gonna have at least 1 one of both on stock. Maybe I should've went to Toy'R'Us. But I did get the silver :4mario:

Well...guess it's time to mash F5 button on amazon.

Good luck everyone! I swear...this should be a holiday or something. lol

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The heck is a preorder. I just walked into the store and bought these no prob :shades:

But for real I got lucky with my store selection. Last night and this morning BrickSeek was showing my target had 0 stock for all amiibos. However I called and they said they should be getting them, and it's a pretty decently sized target in a shopping area, it was very unlikely they actually weren't getting any. Thankfully no one else had the same idea/wanted to risk it cause I arrived at 6 AM and only two others were in line who had arrived at 3 AM. My friend at the other Target said he was 7th in line and the people in front of him had been there since 11:30 yesterday. So I figured I'd just test my luck at the Target I was at since it's pretty hard to beat 3rd in line and the two people in front of me only wanted Jigglypuff and Silver Mario, so if Target did get Lucina and Robin, I was basically guaranteed them.

They ended up having them, though it didn't seem like a lot, only 4-6 boxes of Amiibo total. Picked up Wario too cause he's the only Wave 4 non-exclusive I didn't have on order and I figure he'll be common so I figured why not. The other Target limited each person to two amiibo per sku so they ran out of Lucina and Robin really fast.

After that I went to TRU to wait in line for Greninja and was 16th in line. The TRU was very well stocked though. They had to have had at least 40 Greninjas (which was somewhat expected) and 16 Robin and Lucina. So I managed to easily get Greninja and a second Robin for my friend. The TRU even got some more Marth! Unfortunately there was only four of them so I didn't stand a chance getting one of those.

Now I just have to wait for my mail order of Jigglypuff, Pac-Man, Charizard, another set of Lucina and Robin for another friend, and the Splatoon pack, and I'll be all set for this wave (idgaf about Ness). I've gotten shipping confirmations for all of them except the Walmart order (FE characters and Charizard), which is still processing.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ugh, such a downer not being able to buy anything today, and knowing I was overcharged on Greninja and Jiggs and not knowing when they are coming. I didn't go to my local Smyths, but judging from the fact they marked Greninja and Jiggs as "Low Stock", they likely only got 2 or 3 of each anyway. Dunno how popular those two are over here. Greninja might be popular with kids at least.

My New York friend is gonna try get me Silver Mario on Amazon later today. Here's his haul for those curious, all from the same TRU (Greninja and Pac-Man were pre-ordered):

haul.jpg

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
So glad I got Jigglypuff and Charizard. I was so close on getting Ness from gamestop but they only had 3 and I was fourth in line. Just one more and I would have had it. Oh well I can always get Ness in the future.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
I already ordered the amiibos I wanted the most from the Wave that I don't have on eBay (:4jigglypuff::4greninja:) and now on Amazon I managed to order not only :rosalina:, Toad and :4falcon:, I also got the Splatoon amiibo 3 Pack (unless my dad manages to find it, in which I could potentially give to my cousin). The only one I *might* get from Wave 4 by casually browsing on the weekend is :4wario:. Anyways, I'm glad everyone is getting the amiibos they wanted, and hopefully when I go to Japan in July, I could potentially get :4palutena:, :4darkpit:, :4ganondorf:,:4zss: or maybe if I'm lucky to still be in Japan: :4drmario:,:4olimar: and:4bowserjr:.

PF9

Smash Lord
Got Wario at GameStop, but I had to call several other stores until I found out they had one Charizard left at Best Buy, which I managed to get.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I got a Robin from Best Buy (which I got for a friend) and a Greninja from the Toys R' Us next door, I don't know what possessed to get the Greninja.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I already ordered the amiibos I wanted the most from the Wave that I don't have on eBay (:4jigglypuff::4greninja:) and now on Amazon I managed to order not only :rosalina:, Toad and :4falcon:, I also got the Splatoon amiibo 3 Pack (unless my dad manages to find it, in which I could potentially give to my cousin). The only one I *might* get from Wave 4 by casually browsing on the weekend is :4wario:. Anyways, I'm glad everyone is getting the amiibos they wanted, and hopefully when I go to Japan in July, I could potentially get :4palutena:, :4darkpit:, :4ganondorf:,:4zss: or maybe if I'm lucky to still be in Japan: :4drmario:,:4olimar: and:4bowserjr:.
How much did you pay for Rosalina?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I think I'm now truly affected by the amiibo craze... I found Little Mac and Greninja online for 25€ each shipping included (about 27.5$) and I couldn't resist the appeal. Plus they're among the best-looking amiibos for what I saw from pictures online. (I usually hate stands, but those on Greninja don't look too intrusive. If only I could say the same for the likes of Captain Falcon...) Now I just hope I'm not going to spend too much money on these toys... I'm not planning to get any more amiibo as of now besides Duck Hunt when it will be announced; this one amiibo is the only one I know I'm going to try to get no matter what as long as I don't have to pay a ridiculous scalper price, and I'm not even going to care about the stands (which will probably ruin the amiibo aesthetically) considering how much my friends and family know about my obsession towards anything related to ducks :laugh:

At least I'm kinda happy my Mega Man amiibo will not be alone anymore.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My brother and I got really lucky today as far as the amiibo hunt is concerned.

We started off going to Wal-Mart at 9am, where they didn't have anything new. After that, we went to Toys R Us - we were dismayed to see a long line-up and people holding tickets for the amiibos, but we decided to wait, hoping that some would be in stock. As it turned out, employees were going through the line, asking which amiibos people were looking for, so we managed to get Greninja from there.

While my brother was paying for that, I went to an EB Games that was in the same mall; I was hoping that some new amiibos would be on the shelves, but that wasn't the case. However, I got Splatoon (as well as a free Splatoon poster), since I figured it would be a fun game based on the Direct and the training mode.

After that, the EB Games near Wal-Mart had opened; seeing as that is where I had pre-ordered Ness and Pac-Man, we went there next. Luckily, both of them came in (I was concerned when they initially said that they didn't have my Ness, but it turned out that it was in a box on the floor that they had overlooked). While waiting in line and talking about amiibos, one of the people mentioned that Wal-Mart had just put out their new supply, and there were about five Jigglypuffs left. (Jigglypuff's a Wal-Mart exclusive in Canada)

Seeing as he was only waiting around, my brother went to Wal-Mart, and he managed to get the last Jigglypuff amiibo on shelves (one of the employees asked if he was there for amiibos, and then got it for him), as well as the Splatoon three-pack. We probably spent more money than we should have, but all in all, we managed to complete our collection of the original 12 characters, and we're good as far as amiibos go (and possibly games in general) until September.

In summary, we wound up getting :4greninja::4jigglypuff::4ness::4pacman: plus the Splatoon amiibos and Splatoon itself. We were considering Lucina, but we had just missed the chance to get that amiibo at Toys R Us, and it wasn't a big deal for us anyway. I feel like the amiibos were handled much better in this wave; the retailers were prepared and willing to help, and Nintendo seemed to produce a decent amount of stock, especially as far as exclusives go (there were more than enough Greninjas to go around, and nobody seemed to miss out on Ness if they managed to pre-order).

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
Picked up the entire Smash Bros wave 4 today plus Silver Mario. First got Jigglypuff at Target (after sitting in my car there for about 20 minutes because I didn't see the line was on the side of the building), then got Ness at a Gamestop that had two available, and the rest at TRU.

TRU had many more Greninjas (six full cases) than they had of Lucario when he was released, yet Target seemed to have fewer Jigglypuffs than they had Rosalinas for her release. The latter may have just been an illusion as today there were more people (and I was farther back) in line than there were when Rosalina was released in the middle of an ice storm.

My collection stays nearly complete. I still need to get Marth & Villager and for GameStop to ship the Shulk I ordered during the restock order window.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Once I open them, my Wario will be named either Terrance or Phillip (a reference to a certain ability of Wario's, name TBD by coin flip), and Charizard will be named Toothless (after the HTTYD character, it helps that the TV series premieres its 3rd season next month).

D

Deleted member

I had to run some errands today but I went inside GameStop around 12pm to test my luck. My boyfriend really wanted Ness so I wanted to see if they had a Ness for him. They only had Charizard, Pac-Man, and the Splatoon amiibos. I don't think my GameStop even got Lucina and Robin and the guy that worked there told me they did get one Ness but he was gone immediately.

So I'm testing my luck on Amazon tonight to see if I can get Lucina. And I feel so sad for my boyfriend not getting Ness. :c

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I don't know why but for the jigglypuff amiibo, It's eyes almost look like stickers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Allegedly, there may be consistent face differences between Lucina's in different regions.

Left is EU, middle is Japan, right is NA.

European Lucina looks best and has the most serious/determined look, like she should have. No surprise, Europe tends to get the best models despite the terrible stock.

Japanese Lucina looks overly kawaii.

NA Lucina looks kinda...there. Soulless. Kind of a middleground between the other two.

Lala33012

Smash Rookie
NNID

Allegedly, there may be consistent face differences between Lucina's in different regions.

Left is EU, middle is Japan, right is NA.

European Lucina looks best and has the most serious/determined look, like she should have. No surprise, Europe tends to get the best models despite the terrible stock.

Japanese Lucina looks overly kawaii.

NA Lucina looks kinda...there. Soulless. Kind of a middleground between the other two.

I really like the EU better. Whelp...as long as I get a lucina ill be satisfied even if it does look slightly soulless.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My friend likes to surprise his little brother by setting up little "Challenger Approaching" scenes with new Amiibos.

Greninja is trying to make everyone join his pool party:

gre.jpg

And Pac-Man has built a Pac-Fort:

pacfort.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Managed to go on my hunt today.

My area sucks. Literally, my local Walmart got one Pac-Man and one Charizard, which sold before I got there.

My local Gamestop only had Silver Mario, and one Pac-Man and one Ness which were reserved for a preorder someone picked up. On the plus side, I got to see a Ness amiibo in person. :p

Then I decided to drive about and hour to Middletown, New York. There, I managed to get :4pacman::4charizard::4greninja::4wario:. I missed Marth (they had seven) an Robin (they had 20 but sold out in five minutes) due to traffic.

I'm hoping to get lucky and get :4robinm: when he shows up on Amazon, and maybe get :4marth: on Target if I haven't missed him, otherwise, maybe scalpers.

Over all, minus Marth and Robin, it was a good haul!

Current collection:
:4littlemac::4dk::4link::4kirby::4diddy::4pacman::4charizard::4greninja::4wario:

Need to Get:
Common/Decently Common in Middletown at least: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4zelda::4pikachu::4sonic:

Getting Rare: :4samus::4megaman:

Require me to sell my soul to scalpers: :4fox::4villager::4marth::4robinm::4lucario::4dedede::4pit:

Data Insufficient: :4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4olimar::4rob:(Ryu)

Last edited:

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
After arriving at a target at 1am, my 2 friends and I played out 3DS copies until they died. Around 6am more people started lining up with us. Walked out with one of four Robin amiibos. Then I should have a Ness and Charizard waiting for me at Gamestop.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Managed to get Lucina today. Now all I need is Robin and I'll be done with this amiibo hunting ****.

Top Bottom