• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Hm… seems like my Splatoon Amiibo 3 Pack has been delayed a bit in arriving.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Had all but :4jigglypuff::4greninja: and :4ness: preordered. Stupid exclusives. But those are already ordered off ebay for not too terrible of prices. Nice to have the entire wave right from the get go so I dont have to worry about it anymore.

Also I saw a ton of Silver :4mario: today. They supposed to be that common? Picked one up with the idea of trade fodder later.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I somehow managed to get the U.S. version of Lucina on Amazon. I plan to get Robin after they have her delivered on my front porch.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Speaking of gamestop, my Shulk order from back in february was just shipped out! Got the e-mail today about it!
Aw man... I didn't get anything yet about my February Shulk. I hope he didn't get cancelled...:(

Good for you, though. Congratulations on acquiring that unicorn!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Pacman, charizard, wario came in the mail from amazon a month ago.

Yesterday
Girlfriend stood infront of walmart which opened before toys r us.
Aquired Jigglypuff. No FE characters there.
Stand 2 hours waiting for toys r us.
She aquired greninja, silver mario, and was the cut off person for FE characters.

All other stores had zero FE characters, most went to employees at various walmarts apparently. In my area atleast.

EB games only gets small shipments.

Toys R Us doesnt allow employees to buy... And seem to be the most professional.

Best Buy didnt even know this was a thing... Apparently didnt even get wave 4... I got the feel employees bought em up.

Trying trade on local websites forbFE characters and ness... I have them in the mail to be safe... I got 2 NA little macs in the box. No ones biting tho.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Robin and Lucina look to be really, really rare, which is a shame since I was starting to say the amiibo situation was getting better... I mean, i guess it is getting better, but it's not good by any means.

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I went to my local EB Games (which is GameStop in most countries I think) and I saw everyone in the front desk. Wario, Charizard, Lucina, Robin...All of them...for pre-orders.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I went to my local EB Games (which is GameStop in most countries I think) and I saw everyone in the front desk. Wario, Charizard, Lucina, Robin...All of them...for pre-orders.
I saw quite a few behind the desk as well. I thought they were for pre-orders, but a while after leaving, I realized that they were open to purchase. I then went back to the store to find a Pac-Man amiibo left (among Silver Mario and the Inklings; the Warios were gone). This was the only one I really wanted out of this Smash wave, so I bought it and now I'm happy. :)

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
This just in : Silver mario is surprisingly common. Hes available everywhere and has even been on amazon for a whole day without selling out!

Sorry for y'all scalpers who wanted to sell him for $50 :(

D

Deleted member

I really wish Lucina and Robin were common like Silver Mario! It's never going to happen though considering Nintendo hates Fire Emblem...

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Okay, when I go to Japan in July, what stores over there have amiibos?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So I got Jigglypuff in the mail today after coming home from Best Buy in Miami (Nintendo World Championship 2015).

I can't wait for next week with the rest of Wave 4 amiibos. :awesome:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday I went to EB games to pick up my Robin, Lucina and Ness but the've all been put on hold. Lucina and Robin haven't arrived yet, but they had lots of Ness'. Unfortunately I was pretty far down their pre-order list so I won't be getting him for a while...

I did however get Pac-Man.

The trio is complete. (and cool lighting yay)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This just in : Silver mario is surprisingly common. Hes available everywhere and has even been on amazon for a whole day without selling out!

Sorry for y'all scalpers who wanted to sell him for $50 :(
He's still gonna be valuable in the long run, and technically, using literal terms rather than Amiibo terms, he's one the top three rarest Amiibos globally. I also doubt he will be restocked, as he is a limited special edition. He's just more common than Gold Mario because silver is less valuable than gold. :V

I really wish Lucina and Robin were common like Silver Mario! It's never going to happen though considering Nintendo hates Fire Emblem...
I hope you realise that Amiibo rarity is not defined purely by series/character popularity or anything like that.

I live in Ireland. Nobody knows what the heck a Fire Emblem is here.

Yet Ike has still been the most common Amiibo here outside of the ones that are common everywhere. Meanwhile, Bowser, Toon Link, Kirby, and Zelda are seriously hard to find.

Then you have Rosalina whom Nintendo have been promoting like crazy and her popularity has been evident now more than ever. She is always like, the first to sell out at NWS restock events. Yet Nintendo has made her stock abysmal everywhere.

It's known that a large factor in what determines how quickly produced an Amiibo is, is their overall detail and how expensive their paint is.

D

Deleted member

He's still gonna be valuable in the long run, and technically, using literal terms rather than Amiibo terms, he's one the top three rarest Amiibos globally. I also doubt he will be restocked, as he is a limited special edition. He's just more common than Gold Mario because silver is less valuable than gold. :V

I hope you realise that Amiibo rarity is not defined purely by series/character popularity or anything like that.

I live in Ireland. Nobody knows what the heck a Fire Emblem is here.

Yet Ike has still been the most common Amiibo here outside of the ones that are common everywhere. Meanwhile, Bowser, Toon Link, Kirby, and Zelda are seriously hard to find.

Then you have Rosalina whom Nintendo have been promoting like crazy and her popularity has been evident now more than ever. She is always like, the first to sell out at NWS restock events. Yet Nintendo has made her stock abysmal everywhere.

It's known that a large factor in what determines how quickly produced an Amiibo is, is their overall detail and how expensive their paint is.
I wasn't being serious when I said that Nintendo hated Fire Emblem. I was just kidding about that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wouldn't mind if they announced Super Mario Wave 2 already. We know it's happening, but they're acting like we don't know.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yup, a pack of Koopa Kids.

I think you meant Koopalings...

Actually, the Koopalings are also referred to as Koopa Kids in some territories.

Over here in Europe, they're actually called "Bowser's Minions".

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Actually, the Koopalings are also referred to as Koopa Kids in some territories.

Over here in Europe, they're actually called "Bowser's Minions".
I prefer using their official American name for clarity. "Koopa Kids" would be easily confusable with the Mario Party character and "Bowser's Minions" could easily refer to any members of Bowser's "Army".

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Okay, I got my Toad amiibo today. Probably the only Super Mario amiibo I'll bother getting. Here it is.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wouldn't mind if they announced Super Mario Wave 2 already. We know it's happening, but they're acting like we don't know.
Super Mario amiibos for Wario, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Donkey Kong, Daisy, Waluigi, and Pink Gold Peach? :troll:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Poked my head in a Gamestop today to check out the aftermath. There were a large number of Pac Man, Inkling Boy, Inkling Girl, and Silver Mario left (out of the four, Silver Mario was best stocked).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did it.

I got the rarest Amiibo.

It's all mine.

Meowbo

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Nintendo direct in less than an hour. Let's all pray for amiibo news.

"Pre-orders for NA Wave 5 are open as of now! Annnnnd poof they go!"

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Amiibo support for Fire Emblem: if, and Marth looks glorious in that game~

Chibi-Robo has his own amiibo. Just, fyi.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Marth Amiibo confirmed to unlock sick tipper KOs in Fire Emblem: If.

No but seriously he decimated the player.

--------------------------

How much do people wanna bet that Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics is gonna have Amiibo support and they'll announce a Sonic the Hedgehog Amiibo line to go with it, as well as new Super Mario Amiibos?

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
If Rio 2016 got a Sonic amiibo line I'd be pretty happy, I would love a Tails and Shadow amiibo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but if this Target ad is any indication, then Dark Pit, Palutena, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Junior might be retailer-exclusives in North America.

http://imgur.com/a/xzLAz#0

It might not mean anything, but it could help to be prepared if you're looking for any of those.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but if this Target ad is any indication, then Dark Pit, Palutena, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Junior might be retailer-exclusives in North America.

http://imgur.com/a/xzLAz#0

It might not mean anything, but it could help to be prepared if you're looking for any of those.
That's interesting...Especially since neither Best Buy nor WalMart has exclusives this round...

But then again, that could be good news as well - think for this round, Greninja, Jiggles, and possibly Ness are pretty common. I was probably 20-30 in line at TRU on Friday, but they still had Greninja to spare since each store got a bunch. On the other hand, Robin, Lucina, and I think Charizard to a lesser extent were only a few per store, so they were gone instantly.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I saw that too... oh my god... of all franchises, Chibi-Robo gets one...

Chibi-Robo for Smash 5? :awesome:

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
That's interesting...Especially since neither Best Buy nor WalMart has exclusives this round...

But then again, that could be good news as well - think for this round, Greninja, Jiggles, and possibly Ness are pretty common. I was probably 20-30 in line at TRU on Friday, but they still had Greninja to spare since each store got a bunch. On the other hand, Robin, Lucina, and I think Charizard to a lesser extent were only a few per store, so they were gone instantly.

They definitely upped production for this wave, but I still wouldn't call all those Amiibo common. An Amiibo has to be available after the day of release to get that modifier. For my area TRU did get a lot of Greninja (5 full cases for a total of 80, still sold out on release day), but Target seemed to have the same amount or slightly less of Jigglypuff than they did Roalina at release. Ness is certainly not common as the two GameStops in the same area just had one or two Ness Amiibo to sell after filling preorders. My TRU received a decent supply of Charizard and while he may appear to be limited in some areas I think he is likely to be restocked later like Mega Man and Sonic were.

Top Bottom