• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Silver Mario is still up on Walmart and I took that opportunity...

Hope to get Robin later and I'm done with buying amiibo in Wave 4, unless Lucina becomes common... lol.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

Allegedly, there may be consistent face differences between Lucina's in different regions.

Left is EU, middle is Japan, right is NA.

European Lucina looks best and has the most serious/determined look, like she should have. No surprise, Europe tends to get the best models despite the terrible stock.

Japanese Lucina looks overly kawaii.

NA Lucina looks kinda...there. Soulless. Kind of a middleground between the other two.
I ssaw a few Lucina's. One of the fellow customers that waited in line and chatted with me got a Japanese Lucina design, i myself got a North America Lucina design.

Also, i did really well for myself today! My area is great, as literally few people around here know about Amiibos, lol. This is my story:

I got there at 7 AM sharp (luckily my schoo conveniently started at 9:41 today, so i had time to go with my mom to Target early. There were only 2 people in line in front of me, who had waited since midnight in line. 8 other people got in line by the time Target opened, and we chatted and such. Turns out, the truth about the Target ad was that you could buy more than 2 total amiibo, but you could only get 2 of the same amiibo character. My Target was pretty well stocked (considering no one was there lol), 10-15 :4charizard:, :4wario:, :4pacman:, Splatoon and Silver :4Mario: , 30 freaking :4jigglypuff:'s. Robin and Lucina...there were literally only 5 of each, lol. You couldn't buy 2 of each due to the super low stock.

Since i was third in line, i managed to get all the amiibo i wanted. I got :4robinm:, :4charizard:, :4lucina:, Silver Mario, and 2 :4jigglypuff:'s. If you're wondering why i got two, i got one for myself and one for a friend who's trying to collect amiibos of the original 12 chars. from 64. I will be posting a picture soon. I wish i could've gone to TRU for :4greninja: but oh well. :4ness: would've been nice, but i didn't want him that badly. I didn't hear any news about Marth at my Target either.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
20150529_160321.jpg

I can't believe I got my main!!!:bluejump:
Now I still need to get the others though. Charizard sold out after I left but I'm sure I'll get him. I 'm getting the Inklings after I get Splatoon later.

Also My Target literally sold out of its new stock when I came.:glare:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
id.jpg

Basically what he did here was that when his brother walked in, Id Purpose started playing.

He was trying to make something cool then realised it seemed kinda shippy, but went with it anyway since the ship is canon.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Allegedly, there may be consistent face differences between Lucina's in different regions.

Left is EU, middle is Japan, right is NA.

European Lucina looks best and has the most serious/determined look, like she should have. No surprise, Europe tends to get the best models despite the terrible stock.

Japanese Lucina looks overly kawaii.

NA Lucina looks kinda...there. Soulless. Kind of a middleground between the other two.
I imported mine from Japan, but it looks closer to the European one. IDK pictures never really give the same you have with compared to up close IRL.

That said, I did notice that the thumb on her left hand looks kind of awkward.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
D

Deleted member

Lucina sold out in less than 30 seconds on Amazon.
I had auto-refresh on and kept my eyes glued to the page and never saw it come up.
Way to go Amazon and Nintendo. It was too good to be true.
Time to get her on eBay like I did with Robin and Marth.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I fail to see how some people were able to get her off Amazon. The page NEVER loaded for me.
I had my boyfriend monitor the page too and he didn't see anything come up either.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Ok. So I'm done beating my cats......
Anyone have any idea when the 4,000 Marths are supposed to be available on Target.com? I need some holes in my walls....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Saw on Amiibo Michigan Reddit that my local Best Buy got their :4metaknight: restock through UPS today (wasn't put out with the Wave 4 I saw this morning).

Hurried back there and I got 1 of the 3 they had sitting out. :colorful:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
EU models always tend to look better from what I can tell. Well, for certain figures, mainly the less cartoony humans. A lot of the figures I constantly hear complaints about (Link, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Marth) have always looked fine to me, and even the ones that everyone loves like Rosalina, I still think mine looks better, since I often notice little differences.

Here's my friend's US Link:
us link.jpg

Not the best lighting, but here's a picture of my EU Link:

DSC_0481.JPG

And here's some US Diddy:

And here's my EU Diddy:
DSC_0482.JPG

And finally, here's US Rosalina:

And here's my EU Rosalina:

The differences are:

:4link:
-EU Link holds his sword out further. Generally just feels broader.
-EU Link is not tilting his head down quite as much.
-EU Link tends to have a straight sword, US ones are infamous for having bent ones.
-EU Link is not staring blankly, he is looking up to his right

:4diddy:
-It's really just the eyes. A lot of US Diddy's look cockeyed, while we don't really have that here. My Diddy is quite photogenic.

:rosalina:
-EU Rosalina tends to have her head be less wobbly and more straight.
-EU Rosalina has a straight wand, US ones tend to have bent ones.
-EU Rosalina's star on her wand is a little less chunky.
-EU Rosalina captures the soft smile perfectly. A lot of US Rosalina's have her pretty blank looking.
-US Rosalinas tends to have slightly oversized eyes.
-Some US Rosalinas (and JP ones) are completely tilted a bit off, as well as having a somewhat off angle on her hair bang.

That's pretty much what I gather, anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So I just got home from Game Stop... they still had 3 Silver Mario, 3 Pac-Man, 4 Inkling Boy, and 4 Inkling Girl. I decided to get another Silver Mario... think it will be useful for trading for another rare amiibo... just gotta wait for Silver Mario to become rare or even unicorn.

I also got the Splatoon game while I was there. Gonna play it later after taking my cats out to the backyard for a while.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Camped out at Target this morning with the intentions of getting :4robinm:. Unfortunately, the store only received 4 which is exactly how many people were in front of me. I ended up getting a :4jigglypuff: which is still really cool. After that I went to Gamestop to pick up my :4myfriends: pre-order. But it turns out they received it two weeks earlier and shipped it to a different store
already. So I just decided to buy an Inkling Boy amiibo instead, along with a copy of Splatoon I had on pre-order already. Tonight I am going to hit F5 on Amazon in one last attempt to get :4robinm:. Wish me luck!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Something went down in my room while I was away...

"VERSUS, GIAAAANT....waaaaait a minute..."

------

Also my friend is gonna try get me Silver Mario on Amazon...figures crossed.

EDIT:

GOT HIM

Last edited:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Okay, now I managed to get :4wario: on Amazon for $13. Cool. I'm not too hurt for not getting :4lucina:or:4robinm:since they aren't in my best interest right now.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Well....I think I got Robin. Not sure. It happened so fast. I was just clicking through the checkout like crazy. Got tricked into a free trial for Prime. LOL. I don't even know what that is.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Quote me if you've gotten Robin or Lucin a off Amazon US

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Quote me if you've gotten Robin or Lucina off Amazon US
I got a Lucina, couldn't get a Robin.

Well....I think I got Robin. Not sure. It happened so fast. I was just clicking through the checkout like crazy. Got tricked into a free trial for Prime. LOL. I don't even know what that is.
If you made through checkout and you can review the order, you're safe. Also, Prime is a subscription; for $79 a month, you get free 2-Day Shipping for all orders among other things (you may get discounts, I'm not sure).

Make sure you set up your trial for Prime to NOT charge you once it's over; if you don't change your settings, they charge you $79 at the end of your trial to start you off with a year of Amazon Prime.

Last edited:

Evilmagic101

Smash Rookie
Managed to get :4ness::4pacman::4lucina: and :4charizard: today. Not bad. The only place that has a :4jigglypuff: around me is 85 miles away... Also :4robinm: seems to be non-existent.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Guess what my internet did when Robin went live? It cut out, of course. Christ. I ordered from Tiger Direct and have no idea if that'll go through as it ships in a few weeks...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Prime is two day free shipping on eligible products, gives you some free Kindel apps, and lets you use Amazon's Instant Video service.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Hopefully every thing went well for you all today! I was just looking for a Metaknight and Silver Mario, and I ended up getting a silver mario without having to do that camp out thing. Best buy had no Metaknight either, so I'll call about it tomorrow. Lot's of Pac Man from the stores I called, so it might be that he's as common as Sonic or Megaman. However, everything else was gone.Luckily I preordered Ness, Charizard, and Pac-man from gamestop so lets hope my order isn't cancelled.

Speaking of gamestop, my Shulk order from back in february was just shipped out! Got the e-mail today about it!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pac-Man is so common because literally the only people buying him are collectors. Kids have no interest in him. Not many people play him much in Smash. And he's just kinda this legacy character that, unlike Mega Man and Sonic, was just a passing fad once he got in. People liked him for a bit and immediately forgot about him.

He probably got around the same stock as Mega Man and Sonic. But he's just not selling compared to those. I'd be surprised if he saw restocks as major as those two, if at all.

It's a shame too, because he deserves much better. And his figure is glorious, that face is great.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I'm wondering whether or not to get a second Pac-Man as an early Father's Day gift for my dad. On one hand, he doesn't use the Wii U nearly as much as I do and he prefers Ms. Pac-Man (the game) to Pac-Man (the game). On the other, I'm sure it'd make a nice desk buddy and it should give him some sort of nostalgia.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm wondering whether or not to get a second Pac-Man as an early Father's Day gift for my dad. On one hand, he doesn't use the Wii U nearly as much as I do and he prefers Ms. Pac-Man (the game) to Pac-Man (the game). On the other, I'm sure it'd make a nice desk buddy and it should give him some sort of nostalgia.
If you wanted to go the extra mile you could try customising it to be Ms. Pac-Man.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Even still, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. Maybe be creative about how he finds it, that tends to help people appreciate gifts even more, and is always a good option if you are unsure of how much he will like the gift alone.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So, my day went a little crazy, and I'm looking at my swag pile and admitting to myself I've definitely overdone it. I think I'll be returning a few. But... here's what happened.

Showed up at Target at 5:50 AM, and find I'm already 4th in line. A bit surprised, because I've been 1st there at 7 AM before - the guy in front said he'd been there since 2, the girl behind him since 4. My girlfriend's with me, and a buddy of mine was unable to get Robin and Lucina from the Gamestop pre-order. I was planning on getting Jiggs, Silver Mario, Rob/Luc for my friend, a Pac Man and Charizard for my g/f (I'd handed her some of my own cash so she wasn't doing this out of her pocket), plus a couple more for trade bait for future waves.

The manager and an assistant come out with the brightest smiles and holding a tray full of Starbucks shot-glass free samples of caramel frappucino. He passes those out, gives everyone a number for their place in line, then lets us down with the news that they're limiting us to 2 amiibos per customer. They have 12 Jiggs, 8 Silvers, and 4 of everything else. The g/f and I converse and, reasoning that we'll have better luck finding Pac Man and Charizard at TRU in an hour since we definitely wouldn't be first in line, we get Jiggs, Silver, Robin, and Lucina. Basically, they'd put everything on the shelves and let each person pick out what they wanted one by one. It was kind of neat... sort of like having your own, personal, mini shopping spree, albeit VERY mini because of the limit.

Off to TRU. It's about 8:30 and I was 10th in line. Just after we arrive, we see "J" - this is a guy we met on release night of Smash who has every single Pokemon and can easily obtain/dupe shinies, so much so that he was just passing them out for free that day. He does the same today, and I get a shiny Sableye while my g/f gets a shiny Cyndaquill. We also run into "S," the guy who helped me track down a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL for Valentine's Day. All in all, this line experience was great because it felt like a big reunion of all the people I've met through amiibo hunting. We ran into people we saw for Rosalina, Ness, even somebody from when I waited for Gold Mario. Everybody in our area is very friendly and pleasant with one another, so while a few people were on their guard for runners (apparently there were a few for the Rosalina release besides the ones I saw for MM 3DS), we're all really cool with one another.

The doors finally open, and... oh man, everybody involved is lucky we were a civil group. They just pointed at a couple of folding tables they'd spread their entire stock out on and gave zero guidance to the line at all. We were expected to respect a 1 per character limit (unless we had a pre-order, then we were allowed to double down on that one), otherwise it was a free-for-all. Everyone scattered, line order no longer mattered...

I panicked. Without thinking I prioritized the rarest and start handing things to my girlfriend. I rush over and grab 2 Greninjas, Robins, Lucinas, Pac Mans and Charizards, and then one Wario and Silver Mario. In my defense, other than Robin there were a LOT of each amiibo. There were at least 18 Lucinas alone, more than there were people in the line, so I didn't feel bad about doubling up - at the time, I was mostly just in a panic because of the sudden burst of activity and the insane distribution strategy... this is admittedly not my proudest moment.

We're standing in line at the register, and my girlfriend pokes me - I had grabbed the last Robin, and in my haste I'd apparently failed to notice someone who was a bit behind us and was noticeably distraught that he'd missed it. She recognized him as someone who had also missed Rosalina - in our line, the last one had been sold just before him, and she'd talked to him long enough to find out he had a very young son who just had a few specific characters in mind he really wanted. So, we did the right thing and handed him our second Robin. The guy was overjoyed almost to the point of tears.

Finally, we get back to our car and start to settle down. My phone buzzes - it's my friend who I'd bought the first Robin and Lucina for. He sends me a picture with two Jigglies, two Greninjas, two Robins, and two Lucinas. What a jerk! I could've had two Jigglies if I wasn't covering for him, but I didn't know he'd got the day off to hunt for himself. So, suddenly his Robin and Lucina become mine...

...and only then do I remember I still have the Gamestop order coming, with another Robin and Lucina. So, I'm finding myself at 3 and 4 of each, as a result of circumstance and momentary panic.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with them. I have absolutely no intention of keeping this many of the rares, nor do I intend on scalping them. I could (and, right now, thinking I most likely will) return a few. We could also do give-aways to help promote our channel, but even then I feel having 4 Lucinas is more than a bit excessive.

I'm a little ashamed it worked out this way, but who knows? I've met at least 4 people who were desperately in need of a Little Mac, and at one time I had an opportunity to buy 5 of them off the shelf. I'd only bought one for myself, and have since regretted it - not for personal gain, but because I could have helped those 4 people who I know wanted them. So... I dunno. I don't want to keep them, I don't want to profit off of them... and honestly, at least as far as Lucina goes I did not see anyone in my area wanting for her, and I did give up a Robin to someone who desperately wanted him. Yes, I feel guilty that I wound up with this many, but at least I'm in a position and of a mind to help some people out with them.

Last edited:

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Man...I can't get a Jigglypuff amiibo...I wish they would make more....

Top Bottom