• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone know when the Yarn Yoshi amiibos come out? Or when they are open for pre-orders? Which stores?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone know when the Yarn Yoshi amiibos come out? Or when they are open for pre-orders? Which stores?
September in the US, June 26th in Europe.

--------------

This sounds pretty cool (this guy is well established, he isn't some nobody trying to steal Amiibos). I might buy a common duplicate specifically for this:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
While I should still be fine for all of the upcoming Amiibos in terms of funds, I finally took a bit of an Amiibo risk and bought something else:

Maybe I will get to show off my Amiibos at 1080p 60fps now. :V

Well you gotta admit those are pretty hot qualities to have. :V

Perfect shoulders.
Looking foward to see it.

I can only say this to MTP, welcome to 21st century.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Watch as someone makes a custom Niall Horan Amiibo out of Lucas.

Just watch.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You and me both.

If I don't get Lucas, my tears will flood the world. This is my only chance to get official merch of my favorite video game character ever.
I will sell all my rarest if I don't get him.
This includes :4marth::4villager::4villager::4wiifit::4wiifit::rosalina::4metaknight::4shulk::4lucario::4dedede::4robinm::4lucina::4pacman::4pacman::4ness:
All of them basically.
Mother merchandise is what I crave.
And this will be Lucas' first ever figure to boot.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Now I kind of want to make something cool to display my Amiibos in... Right now they're just at my desk at school. Zelda and Peach are holding hands while Bowser stalks them, Yoshi and Luigi are hanging out, Toon Link and Link are also together, Mario is fighting with Sonic and Megaman, and Pikachu... Is there, I guess.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Watch out folks, this guy is gonna do it again, scalp 100 Lucina, Robin, Palutena, and ZSS amiibos.
He certainly is a persistent ************, isn't he? I wouldn't be surprised if he did had something to do with Robin and Lucina selling out quickly.

Well you gotta admit those are pretty hot qualities to have. :V

Perfect shoulders.
OMG! I think she just got me hypnotized with that jewelry! xD

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I got myself a google chrome extension that autorefreshes.

This is going to help me a lot as all I have to do is look to the left to see if it is available. I can go about my day without being worried about getting too focused on something to refresh.

Splatoon set here I come!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Picked up :4yoshi::4diddy: while they were on sale at Target.

A lot of the Wave 1s are starting to be fairly uncommon. I'd use this sale and the Target Tracker to go after any you've missed in earlier waves now.

With DK and Yoshi being only $7.50 now ($10 regular), they're definitely going to increase in rarity soon. Yoshi is already $17 on Amazon. Haven't seen Link in the wild in a fair while either (is on sale for $9.75 at the moment on Amazon/Target).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I ain't wasting my hard working money on the common ones now. The day that I have all the amiibos I've been craving for will the day I'm gonna start popping champagne.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
Nothing like getting out of the hospital and finding out your main's amiibo is a toys r us exclusive and sold out within an hour with no warning he was going to be shipped out with this wave. Hate to say it, but I'm turning to the scalpers.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was at first glad I decided to stick to my mains and secondaries.

But it looks like that will still be an issue -_-

After that, the Splatoon, and Yarn Yoshi amiibo, I am done with these things.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Speaking of splatoon. This is getting really stressful.
I have this entire weekend to potentially get the set. Then it's school time, and unless it is coming at a time when I'm not at school or sleeping then I'm in a bad spot.

When do people think it will show up?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I will sell all my rarest if I don't get him.
This includes :4marth::4villager::4villager::4wiifit::4wiifit::rosalina::4metaknight::4shulk::4lucario::4dedede::4robinm::4lucina::4pacman::4pacman::4ness:
All of them basically.
Mother merchandise is what I crave.
And this will be Lucas' first ever figure to boot.
I'll take that Rosalina off your hands.
I used to complain about Jigglypuff not getting enough attention, but I swear to God, if I don't get my Jigglypuff Amiibo I will wreck the **** of anybody within a thousand-mile radius.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
The ones I have: :4bowser::4kirby::4dedede::4zelda::4yoshi::4dk::4megaman::4tlink::4samus:

The must-haves remaining are: :4mewtwo::4drmario::4bowserjr::4ness::4lucas::4rob::4metaknight::4charizard::4jigglypuff:

The if-I-happen-to-come-across-ones: :4darkpit::4gaw::4pikachu::4pacman::4wario::4lucario::4robinm::4mario::4falco::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4greninja:

After that, I'm done with Smash amiibo.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
He certainly is a persistent mother****er, isn't he? I wouldn't be surprised if he did had something to do with Robin and Lucina selling out quickly.

OMG! I think she just got me hypnotized with that jewelry! xD
Totally agreed, well it really kind of disappointing that most future wave amiibos are going to be rare. And I'm curious how famius he will be when he scalped those amiibos. And I'm not surprised that he has opinions on every Japanese sub trailers, like Fire Emblem, and SMT X FE, it's obvious they are in Japanese because Japan always sells first. If he has opinions on Japanese stuff then that's very ironic since Nintendo is from Japan.

Marigio300X

Smash Cadet
NNID
Marigio300X
3DS FC
2964-8586-7178
There is only ONE amiibo I want.

PAC-MAN.

Yesterday (When Best Buy pre-orders went live), I had put a PAC-MAN amiibo into my dad's Best Buy cart (I had no way to buy it myself). When my dad got home, I asked him to check out.

WHEN HE GOT TO THE CART, IT WAS GONE.

This, combined with the vast quantities of scalpers of existing amiibo (Pit included), makes me HATE amiibo scalpers with all of my hate... which means I hate MYSELF. You see, I am an amiibo collector, but I am also an eBay seller (for classic games.). If I find 2 rare amiibo, I buy 1 for myself, and SELL THE OTHER ONE. I feel ashamed.

...but back to the original topic of my post. I have 2 Wii Fit Trainers in MINT condition. If it gets to the point that PAC-MAN is unobtainable, I WOULD GIVE BOTH OF THEM FOR A PAC-MAN. THAT is how much I want it.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I'm glad I have a good relationship with my Toys R Us.

The issue I have is that when I started going super regularly, just before wave 3 released, I was in a show with an accent and I was practicing by using it in my every day life when I did not know people.
I used it at many places, particularly Toys R Us, where a few employees commented on it to me.

I did not anticipate becoming so well known for this hobby at so many stores, nor to return so regularly for a year that I would be between different locations/retailers with similar people.

So, now that I'm done with that production, I am stuck in this accent, and meeting more and more amiibo hunters in my area (extremely popular hobby down here). It's actually rather funny. I feel to be an amiibo mascot.
Dude can you post a video of yourself with the accent? haha

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
At this rate, you'd have a better chance at winning the lottery or better yet finding these than finding any amiibo :ohwell::

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
It's like a nightmare come to life with this whole craze. I just want to collect them all to learn each matchup and then work on extras later. I still can't get my main :4falcon:!!!! And I missed out on :4jigglypuff: to finish the original 12!!!!! And :4robinm: and :4lucina: which are matchups I desperately need to work on and get better with!!!!
WHY NINTENDO..........WHY.........

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Watch out folks, this guy is gonna do it again, scalp 100 Lucina, Robin, Palutena, and ZSS amiibos.
My favorite part is how he says he is going to make sure that no one else gets any.

And then proceeds to call Nintendo stupid for not making enough for their fans.
???

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Ugh. It absolutely drives me insane not having a Rosalina Amiibo. I want it because I legitimately love the character and want to keep it and use it, not just resell it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My favorite part is how he says he is going to make sure that no one else gets any.

???
Who's this guy suppose to be? Dr. Evil or something? What's he gonna do next? Rule the world? Make us bow down to him or something?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Who's this guy suppose to be? Dr. Evil or something? What's he gonna do next? Rule the world? Make us bow down to him or something?
He is an internet troll given power by the attention we pay him, and a self expressed actor who is placating the masses of hate by exaggerating his own ill-perceived negative qualities, in attempts to garnish viewership, a youtube presence, and sales of the amiibo he collects.

Mind not him nor the dozens of posters who propagate his posts on this board, particularly as it is a banned topic anyway.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
He is an internet troll given power by the attention we pay him, and a self expressed actor who is placating the masses of hate by exaggerating his own ill-perceived negative qualities, in attempts to garnish viewership, a youtube presence, and sales of the amiibo he collects.

Mind not him nor the dozens of posters who propagate his posts on this board, particularly as it is a banned topic anyway.
I know who he is. I'm just being sarcastic.

And I'd be laughing my ass off if the media somehow got hold of all his videos and show it to the world, given how much he doesn't like the attention he's been getting.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

???
Contradict huh?
Ugh. It absolutely drives me insane not having a Rosalina Amiibo. I want it because I legitimately love the character and want to keep it and use it, not just resell it.
Go get one! If you can't, well...good luck...
Rule gaming world to be exact, he is a "classic game fundamentalist"( I made this up), thinking that Nintendo should go back to the 80s and try to destroy Japanese only games.
And indeed, he really wants us not only bow down to him, but also call him a genius.
Alright enough with this guy, let's don't talk about this too much...

A little bit complicated... but yeah, I understand, but kind of ironic that he had once said he won't make troll videos any more, and his hate are true.
I know who he is. I'm just being sarcastic.

And I'd be laughing my *** off if the media somehow got hold of all his videos and show it to the world, given how much he doesn't like the attention he's been getting.
So which 5 and 6 wave amiibo do you want?

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
I've ended up relying on scalpers much more than I wanted to. At first it way just to import:4lucario:, and at about $20 I was okay with that. Now I've turned to the dark side again for those Splatoon and :4greninja: amiibos. Gonna hold out hope for :4charizard: and maybe :4pacman: to replenish in stock. The are a couple others I'll pick up if I can but Greninja was an absolute must for me. Really hoping to get a charizard too though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mariotehplumber actually doesn't fake or over exaggerate. He tried to claim he does, but he's since made a tumblr account, been on streams, etc, and people have basically got it out of him that this is what he's legitimately like. He's a guy with mental issues and you should not bother with him. Just focus on getting your waifu Amiibos before he takes them and rips their heads off or something.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I've ended up relying on scalpers much more than I wanted to. At first it way just to import:4lucario:, and at about $20 I was okay with that. Now I've turned to the dark side again for those Splatoon and :4greninja: amiibos. Gonna hold out hope for :4charizard: and maybe :4pacman: to replenish in stock. The are a couple others I'll pick up if I can but Greninja was an absolute must for me. Really hoping to get a charizard too though.
You think $20 amiibos are bad over in Murica?

That **** is normally priced at $20 over here >_>

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Please god, does somebody, ANYBODY have a Rosalina amiibo? I'll do anything...

I'm an artist so maybe I can draw something for you? This is more palatable to me than spending money on it, which I'd like to avoid because people can be kind of outrageous with her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom