• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So I went to Toy R Us to see if there are any preorder cards and as you guys said earlier, they don't have any. I did hear that they would do in-store preorder on April 27 though.

Also took advantage of buy 1, get 40% off another and bought Mega Man and Sonic.

Seriously though, I just want a figure of Greninja. Is that so hard to ask? :sadeyes:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So I went to Toy R Us to see if there are any preorder cards and as you guys said earlier, they don't have any. I did hear that they would do in-store preorder on April 27 though.

Also took advantage of buy 1, get 40% off another and bought Mega Man and Sonic.

Seriously though, I just want a figure of Greninja. Is that so hard to ask? :sadeyes:
You mean this?

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor...ore-pre-orders-for-greninja-amiibo-on-monday/

And yes, it's apparently so hard to ask.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Greninja came back up again at 2:45pm. This time, it finally added to my cart... and while I was on the payment method step, I had to enter my security code for my credit card... and then by the time I submitted my payment, my cart was empty again... and it won't let me add it back. Dammit!!! I was so close!!

But on the bright side, I talked with a TRU reprensentative on a chat window (he said he has been trying to pre-order Lucina) and he said that they are planning on doing in-store pre-orders for Greninja on April 27... so I guess the rumor is true. Oh, and he said they are going to enforce an one-per-customer policy (we will see).

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Oddly enough, Greninja only shows up in my cart in Chrome. Does not appear in Firefox or IE. I'm logged into my account for all three, of course. I'll have to check when I get home - I even cleared cookies and logged in again, it's definitely still appearing. He's in limbo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh, and he said they are going to enforce an one-per-customer policy (we will see).
After yesterday and this morning, I'm fully in the camp of: **** people who buy more than one.

Good on TRU, though that doesn't excuse the BS they put people through earlier today.

vv - That's what I meant. - vv

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
After yesterday and this morning, I'm fully in the camp of: **** people who buy more than one.

Good on TRU, though that doesn't excuse the BS they put people through earlier today.
I am more of in the camp of: **** people who buy more than one of the same amiibo

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Wave 5 is totally sold out over here...

I'm not even sad or salty anymore, just hella disappointed that Nintendo can't keep up with demand :ohwell:
Though too be honest there really shouldn't be that much supply right now because we haven't ****ING FINISHED OR EVEN STARTED WITH WAVE 4 YET! WHY THE HELL SHOULD THEY BE STARTING THE WAVE 5 ORDERS WHEN THOSE BARELY GOT ANNOUNCED!?!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think I'd love wave 6/7 preorders up, assuming that meant they got a feeling how many they wanted, then made enough to satisfy demand. Then we don't have to kill each other for DHD or Mewtwo.

And as a bonus, scalpers would then have 100+ figures and no demand left. Serves them right.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Though too be honest there really shouldn't be that much supply right now because we haven't ****ING FINISHED OR EVEN STARTED WITH WAVE 4 YET! WHY THE HELL SHOULD THEY BE STARTING THE WAVE 5 ORDERS WHEN THOSE BARELY GOT ANNOUNCED!?!
Because EB Games.

The worse thing about it is that right now, no other retailer have Wave 5 amiibos for pre-order :ohwell:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Also

>tfw you want to take high quality pictures of your Amiibos with your camera but the lights in your house ain't good enough.

:c

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
It's like Nintendo turns a blind eye to the thousands upon thousands of people who come to them every day about the amiibo situation.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Because EB Games.

The worse thing about it is that right now, no other retailer have Wave 5 amiibos for pre-order :ohwell:
Oh yeah that's right. I heard EB games also started preorders for the NX. They certainly seem like an overzealous bunch.
No other retailer should have Wave 5 preorders especially since Wave 4 hasn't released yet. It's just causing unnecessary artificial stress for everyone.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

OH MY GOD PAC-MAN IS BEAUTIFUL I WANT HIM SO MUCH
Robin and Lucina have much less derpier faces than in the previews. I'm so glad I managed to get both of them and will finally own one of my mains and a character from one of my favorite games-

OH WAIT. THAT'S RIGHT. THEY SOLD OUT LITERALLY AFTER THE FIRST TWO PEOPLE AT MY GAMESTOP.

Also, pretty sure this is fake, but if it isn't, WOW.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's like Nintendo turns a blind eye to the thousands upon thousands of people who come to them every day about the amiibo situation.
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/31bzxr/noaamiibo_insights_from_someone_whos_worked_with/

Not surprisingly, but it's more than likely another situation of governing from overseas & their typical stubbornness towards the entire industry. Nintendo is heavily out of touch with their largest market.

Though catering to families by having them up at 3am EST/12am PST is flat out BS.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't know if that guy is legit but most of his points are true. There are outliers in the "Nintendo caters to the family audience with their distribution" though.

>Smash Bowser, Kirby, and Toon Link hard to get in Europe
>Ike and Sheik ****ing everywhere in Europe
>Rosalina one of the rarest of them all, and a store exclusive in the US, yet she made her debut in what is universally regarded as one of the best games of all time and Nintendo themselves re-iterate her popularity in interviews.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Of course I miss the splatoon amiibos while I both took a short nap and my mom wasn't here.

Of course they sold out.

Of course they would only make enough for the few hardcores who wanted it.

*Sigh*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Of course I miss the splatoon amiibos while I both took a short nap and my mom wasn't here.

Of course they sold out.

Of course they would only make enough for the few hardcores who wanted it.

*Sigh*
I think it was only the triple pack that sold out. You can still get the boy and the girl alone.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Man, I guess I really lucked out yesterday, Got the 6-Pack at GS (after waiting an hour for their systems to boot back up) and managed to snag a Greninja Pre-Order. I just need the beautiful Jiggs.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Watch out folks, this guy is gonna do it again, scalp 100 Lucina, Robin, Palutena, and ZSS amiibos.

D

Deleted member

Watch out folks, this guy is gonna do it again, scalp 100 Lucina, Robin, Palutena, and ZSS amiibos.
And so you see. It's people like him that have to ruin the whole amiibo experience for everyone else.
I agree with the above poster, let him step on legos!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Is it horrible that I want this guy to step on Legos?
Not horrible enough, but stepping on Legos? Ouch...
And so you see. It's people like him that have to ruin the whole amiibo experience for everyone else.
I agree with the above poster, let him step on legos!
Who knows if it's going to be "A man buys 100 Rosalina amiibos" again? Will they make a stupid interview on him too?

PF9

Smash Lord
Well, after wave 4 didn't show up on GameStop's website yesterday, I tried going to an actual store to preorder Wario and Charizard, but because my parents wouldn't take me at a time I wanted to go, I was too late. I gave my parents a really hard time for it.

Any word on a possible lawsuit against GameStop? I'd figure there'd be one since they promised online pre-orders and they never came.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Considering how fast they're selling out, I doubt he'll get 100 Robins/Lucinas. But, I did see someone elsewhere say they got 4 Robins and 4 Lucinas somehow, so who knows.

I still think a strict 1-2 of each Amiibo limit for the less common ones should be enforced.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Speaking of this guy I watched the video on how he explains why Rosalina is a "hentai" character.

And his first two reasoning's are how the hair over the eyes and her showing her shoulders are meant to make her look seductive.
The **** *****? :4ganondorf:

And the moaning part is so funny XD :p

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Speaking of this guy I watched the video on how he explains why Rosalina is a "hentai" character.

And his first two reasoning's are how the hair over the eyes and her showing her shoulders are meant to make her look seductive.
The **** *****? :4ganondorf:

And the moaning part is so funny XD :p
His reasons are nonesense, the moaning part I found it irritated. Not every voice clip of Rosalina moans. And does he got any problem with her echo voice?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess there are no more Greninja pre-orders from Toys R Us today... not since 3pm... my best chance is probably April 27...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah... I know sorry, I just try to warn you guys for this...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While I should still be fine for all of the upcoming Amiibos in terms of funds, I finally took a bit of an Amiibo risk and bought something else:

Maybe I will get to show off my Amiibos at 1080p 60fps now. :V

Well you gotta admit those are pretty hot qualities to have. :V

Perfect shoulders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom