• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I trained Sonic and Mega Man earlier today. Sonic is a beast, possibly my second best.

Also, Rosalina (the best of my Amiibos) has learned to share her stocks with her fallen teammates. I was taken aback when I saw this. It's like she is now the Mother of all Amiibos now, as well as the Mother of the Cosmos.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I like to arrange the figures so that it looks like they're interacting in some way, but that's just me :)

I think the ones you have so far go well together, really.
Yeah sometimes I get home from work and see that my sister has moved them all around so they never stay in the same spot.
I think they all go well together but Kirby really sticks out. I need to get him a friend.

I trained Sonic and Mega Man earlier today. Sonic is a beast, possibly my second best.

Also, Rosalina (the best of my Amiibos) has learned to share her stocks with her fallen teammates. I was taken aback when I saw this. It's like she is now the Mother of all Amiibos now, as well as the Mother of the Cosmos.
That's funny cuz my Rosalina has no problem taking stock from her teammates.
A particularly funny moment was that she got eliminated a split second before her teammate Zelda (with two stocks left) was to be KO'd and she just took Zelda's last stock.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
When do you guys think the pre-orders for Wave 4 will start? I'm checking every minute so I don't miss my chance to get that beautiful Ness amiibo.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
When do you guys think the pre-orders for Wave 4 will start? I'm checking every minute so I don't miss my chance to get that beautiful Ness amiibo.
Same, it's like I'm hitting Fn + F5 too much. Almost like...

(Fn + F5 because Macbook)

I just want to get :4pacman:. Unless store exclusivity is a thing again, why wait?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I wonder what its like to be some guy from the Japan or UK and I can't get any Wave 4 preorders cuz some asshole Americans bought them all.
Preorders in the NA is gonna be a pain in the ass since everyone else is nonstop refreshing pages and they're gonna hound the entire stock in the first ten minutes. I hate that I can't be 11 minutes late to anything without having the entire inventory (of the good stuff at least) cleaned (online and in store).

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I wonder what its like to be some guy from the Japan or UK and I can't get any Wave 4 preorders cuz some ******* Americans bought them all.
Preorders in the NA is gonna be a pain in the *** since everyone else is nonstop refreshing pages and they're gonna hound the entire stock in the first ten minutes. I hate that I can't be 11 minutes late to anything without having the entire inventory (of the good stuff at least) cleaned (online and in store).
I understand your frustration, but blanket blaming all Americans for the situation is a pretty offensive attitude.

The situation isn't the consumers' fault. It starts with Nintendo who likely waited too long to go into production with these things, underestimating demand and failing to keep up. The only thing causing scalpers to latch onto these things like crazy is their scarcity.

Believe me, as an American myself I can tell you this is an absolutely stressful mess for everybody. I feel like I've made a mistake starting to collect these things, and now I'm dug in too deep. We're just as upset at the scalpers making this stupidly hard as anybody else.

I've also been helping people out with their collections when possible, even making unfavorable trades in-person just so someone else could have that last Lucario they were missing from their collection. So, we can't all be that bad.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wonder what its like to be some guy from the Japan or UK and I can't get any Wave 4 preorders cuz some ******* Americans bought them all.
Preorders in the NA is gonna be a pain in the *** since everyone else is nonstop refreshing pages and they're gonna hound the entire stock in the first ten minutes. I hate that I can't be 11 minutes late to anything without having the entire inventory (of the good stuff at least) cleaned (online and in store).
This is my fear.
Each wave is about three times as bad as the wave before.

This is one reason why I have so many extras of wave three amiibo.
And now, so many hunting friends.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
11 minutes? You cannot be 61 seconds late.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At least with the strikes going on in the west coast finally over the situation should improve.

On a sad note the Ike I got has very noticeable white seam line going straight down the middle of his entire face. Ugh...

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I went into GAME the other day and went to pre-order Dedede, Mega Man and Shulk. They're all gone. They're not even ****ing out and THEY;RE ALL ****IN GONE

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
When I was a child, my grandpa always told me to find other ways to achieve my goals if something got in the way. Didn't think I'd ever use his advice on amiibo. :p

PF9

Smash Lord
So, is it possible yet to transfer figure players between the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game? If not will there be an update that patches it in?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
So pre-orders went up for the Gold Mario Amiibo and they're gone in 15 minutes. This is getting worse and worse. Makes me tempted to quit because the scalping is getting more ridiculous. NINTENDO, MEET OUR SUPPLY & DEMAND!!!!

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So, is it possible yet to transfer figure players between the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game? If not will there be an update that patches it in?
The data is stored in the figure itself, not in the console; that said, Smash 3DS will support amiibo in an update (or perhaps it already does), via the New 3DS's built-in NFC reader or an upcoming NFC accessory for use with the regular 3DS.

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
Somewhere, Nintendo higher ups are kicking back in their seats laughing maniacally at us...
Reggie Fils-Amie receives no paycheck. He gains enough satisfaction in life from watching us scramble for amiibo's like ants that didn't build up a stockpile of food for the winter.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So pre-orders went up for the Gold Mario Amiibo and they're gone in 15 minutes. This is getting worse and worse. Makes me tempted to quit because the scalping is getting more ridiculous. NINTENDO, MEET OUR SUPPLY & DEMAND!!!!
So, it seems the rumor that Walmart wasn't doing preorders on this thing were false...

It doesn't even turn up for search. Anybody got a link so I can watch and languish?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Eh, wake me up when Sliver Mario goes up. To me, sliver is a more appealing color and if it'll be less valuable than gold, it should be somewhat of an easier catch.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
Oh I can tell you right now it's incredibly frustrating.

In the UK my options for DeDeDe are pay £40+ to native scalpers or import from Japan for £25+ and hope it turns up in a month or two.

I dread trying to pre-order Robin or Lucina when they become available.

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
When I was a child, my grandpa always told me to find other ways to achieve my goals if something got in the way. Didn't think I'd ever use his advice on amiibo. :p
"Tonight on Fox News at 11, rabid fans of the gaming company Nintendo have literally bought every last can of Krylon Premium 18kt. Gold plate spray paint and are reselling it through online means at prices over 5 times more than retail. More at 11"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My amiibo collection update: I purchased three Wave 3 amiibos from eBay today.

:4myfriends: should arrive on next Monday.
:4dedede::4megaman: should arrive on next Wednesday.

These, on top of :4metaknight: who should be arriving this Saturday, thanks to my boyfriend. By the end of next week, I should have all of Wave 3 amiibos in my possession.

The search for affordable :4villager::4marth::4wiifit::4littlemac: continues... and of course, the search for an affordable Gold Mario begins today.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I honestly did fear a Walmart exclusive...there is nothing that can be done to handle or predict a Walmart. It would be impossible to know which of the stores will inevitably break the release date, how many each store gets, or even which stores will get them. I feel as though I have to check each Walmart within a ten mile radius ten times a day now.

This is absolutely horrible and makes me digitally irate.

EDIT: When did they go on Pre-sale?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Meanwhile: I'm still waiting for wave 4 pre-orders.
I learned about gold Mario, but did not order.
Reason: I just don't want the same character twice.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It went up today, and when I was actually maybe home?
How does anyone find out about these. Jesus, how do scalpers/others do this.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It went up today, and when I was actually maybe home?
How does anyone find out about these. Jesus, how do scalpers/others do this.
Constant refreshing...

They went up around one of my usual check-in times, but today was a particularly eventful day at work. Couldn't get away to go check, completely slipped by me.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It's like Nintendo has heard the cries of their fans, pleading for the shortages to stop, and decided that what we needed was an even more rare amiibo to kill each other over.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Warning Received
Well it turns out my :4megaman: :4myfriends: in store pre-orders are delayed until April. This low stock situation just gets worse and worse. I'd much prefer to have over supply rather than under supply. Following that, we have the Gold Mario now. Screw that. Someone just get me some spray paint so I can have Silver and Gold Mario.

The good news is my :4lucario: should be coming any day now. And the Amiibo Cup Season 9 is expected to happen tomorrow night. What will the new competition have in store for our competitors?

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Speaking of :4lucario:, what should I nickname him. I have :4metaknight: as Darth Kirby when he comes. Any suggestions?

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I think after wave 4 im done with amiibo. There would be only 1-2 characters I would remotely want anyway after that. Not enough want to justify spending $50+ to scalpers.
I love the amiibo. but Nintendo's handling of this whole thing has been awful. And like Nintendo fashion they act like they dont give two craps about it.

Top Bottom