• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So for today's Amiibo hunt:
Went to Toys R Us first. Found this:

That's three Sheiks in there. (Are they uncommon?) This one's for @ im just peachy im just peachy .:awesome:
Also found like 20 Toon Links. No Sonic or Megaman in sight.

Went to Best Buy and walked to the Amiibo section. They had another Sheik and another Toon Link. Then this guy walks behind me and has a freaking Sonic in hand! He tells me that it was the only one they had aside from preorders. Gaaaahhh lucky!!!! He also took the Sheik and Toon Link from the shelf.
Unrelated, but they also had a Mario Party 10 demo. The mini games were alright and Rosalina was playable. Will look to getting this game.

Walmart had a load of Pikachus and a few Luigis. Definitely an improvement from the violated Peaches from earlier. There were also two guys in front of me also on the Hunt. They got nothing.

GameStop had nothing extra so I just grabbed a Luigi and called it a day. I'll go back for a Toon Link later.
I've told I'm Just Peachy a few times that, in the same area he says he is from, I've found Sheik in a number of locations. He doesn't seem to actually be interested from what I can tell.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Not really into Gold Mario, but am interested in Silver Mario. But this stock situation is making me question my hobby of amiibo collecting.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Not really into Gold Mario, but am interested in Silver Mario. But this stock situation is making me question my hobby of amiibo collecting.
This is why I decided to limit my Amiibo collection to only the Smash Bros figurines. I decided I would get into collecting them all but as you said the stock situation really does not suit me. After they are done with the Smash Bros figurines I'll do my best to find those I'm missing in that series and put my collection on display.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've told I'm Just Peachy a few times that, in the same area he says he is from, I've found Sheik in a number of locations. He doesn't seem to actually be interested from what I can tell.
I've also offered to help him out multiple times because Ireland is loaded with Sheiks and has even seen her restocked before we even ran out. Didn't get a straight answer on whether or not to help him though.

*Sigh*

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2xd8fw/stay_way_from_ninningamecom/

I knew there was trouble for the past month I've been dealing with them. At least I know now not to trust them with imports but still. This is really sad. Who knows when I will even get them at this point because of this.
I can't help but feel a little bit responsible for this. I was the one who directed you there. I'm terribly sorry. :\

--------

I got really lucky - Nintendo World Store got new stock in on all non-exclusive Wave 3's, including Dedede. My friends in New York were able to secure Dedede for me! So that is one less expensive import for me, so a big saving there . We'll be sorting out the trade a bit later. I think the guy who got it for me was hoping I could get him Captain Falcon, but he's gone in Ireland...if he doesn't want Ike or Sheik or anyone else though, I might just ask the friend I am sending Sonic to, to give the money back to the friend who got me Dedede. Then, I just send Sonic and the guy I am sending him to doesn't owe me anything (the initial plan was that he'd just get Dedede for me, and if not, pay me back for Sonic).

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This thread right now:

It even shows an example of a scalper, demanding far more than his trinket is worth and never finding satisfaction in life.

I feel bad that my girlfriend has picked up on my habits. She went to Target without me, and just because we do it all the time, she ventured over to the amiibo section. She found two Sheiks and bought them both for me... even though I already have two.

So... I guess I have extra Sheiks I don't need?

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It even shows an example of a scalper, demanding far more than his trinket is worth and never finding satisfaction in life.

I feel bad that my girlfriend has picked up on my habits. She went to Target without me, and just because we do it all the time, she ventured over to the amiibo section. She found two Sheiks and bought them both for me... even though I already have two.

So... I guess I have extra Sheiks I don't need?
You can try your hand a Customs?
Is a Shiek worth a trade for a Sonic? Or a Fox?
Or are we not supposed to talk about it?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You can try your hand a Customs?
Is a Shiek worth a trade for a Sonic? Or a Fox?
Or are we not supposed to talk about it?
We're not supposed to talk about trades publicly... though tbh I wouldn't know the best way to organize an online trade anyway.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
*Sigh*

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2xd8fw/stay_way_from_ninningamecom/

I knew there was trouble for the past month I've been dealing with them. At least I know now not to trust them with imports but still. This is really sad. Who knows when I will even get them at this point because of this.
I'd say the only site really reliable for an import is Play Asia and that's it. My :4lucario: just shipped today along with my GameCube Adapter. So they're arriving in a few days. Play Asia seems pretty reliable from what I've heard with other stuff too. Go to them if you are having a struggle buying an Amiibo. They'll have some Ikes, Mega Mans, and other uncommons up on their store. A couple rares do pop up on occasions, but they are slightly inflated sometimes. I saw Pit there for $49. But then there are some like Lucario for like $25 there. Give it a check once in a while. You may get lucky and find the one you're looking for.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My boyfriend managed to order a Mega Man amiibo from Wal-Mart website!! That one is for him. I already got mine on the way.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
We're not supposed to talk about trades publicly... though tbh I wouldn't know the best way to organize an online trade anyway.
No problem, boss. Just curious.

By the way.

I did go back for that Toon Link.
Also the three Sheiks are still there.

Critical information! The Toys R Us employee told me they get their Amiibo shipments Wednesdays and Fridays (at least the one in Chino Hills CA). She told me (in regards to Sonic and Megaman) to go in the morning on those days because they go quick. Lucky for me I have both of those days off work this week.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Not sure If anyone posted this but :

Rosalina : http://videogames.ae/rosalina-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html
Shiek : http://videogames.ae/sheik-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html
Luigi : http://videogames.ae/luigi-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html
Captain Falcon : http://videogames.ae/captain-falcon-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html
Toon Link : http://videogames.ae/toon-link-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html

Most other rare ones are Out of stock

I'm almost sure they ship worldwide.

I ordered my Rosalina recently and have yet to receive it to give any ratings on this site though.

(They have Ike)

I'm missing a lot on my Amiibo Collection right now but I have :

:4diddy::4dk::4lucario::4link::4myfriends:
:4mario::4marth::4tlink::4sheik::4samus:
:4wiifit::4zelda::4villager::4peach:(:4megaman:
:4sonic::rosalina:)
What I really need is :
:4pit::4littlemac::4sonic::4dedede::4metaknight:

Please inform me If you know where I could get any of those.

Last edited:

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
My new house has not one, but two Gamestops around the corner from my house! The amiibo hunt begins!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm still waiting for my damn Ike amiibo to arrive and it's been almost a week since I ordered him. Supposed to be delivered yesterday according to my tracking info but never did.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm still waiting for my damn Ike amiibo to arrive and it's been almost a week since I ordered him. Supposed to be delivered yesterday according to my tracking info but never did.
You sure it's shipped to the correct address?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Critical information! The Toys R Us employee told me they get their Amiibo shipments Wednesdays and Fridays (at least the one in Chino Hills CA). She told me (in regards to Sonic and Megaman) to go in the morning on those days because they go quick. Lucky for me I have both of those days off work this week.
This varies store to store, I can guarantee that to you and all here; for example, my TRU gets four shipments a week.
It may be a good idea to check and learn with a befriended employee, but keep in mind, special shipments can come any day.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I have two questions about Amiibos

1.How long does it take to train an amiibo from level 1 to 50 Back to back

2.If you use a differant character than an amiibo to get them to use a speafic attack, Will they do the same type (Like, if you use a Kirby to train a Mario Amiibo, and you use hammer only, will the Mario amiibo only use Cape?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

2.If you use a differant character than an amiibo to get them to use a speafic attack, Will they do the same type (Like, if you use a Kirby to train a Mario Amiibo, and you use hammer only, will the Mario amiibo only use Cape?)
1) If you are training a lone Amiibo (as in it isn't fighting other Amiibos), it takes 2 hours tops. If you are letting multiple Amiibo train at once, then it will take a bit less.

2) No, Amiibos will only copy a move if it's from the same character, they don't go by move type.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik

Usually an hour or two.
They'll learn to counter that attack with a new strategy. Like me using :4duckhunt:'s projectiles against my :rosalina: Amiibo. She'll use gravitational pull to get them out of the way. No whenever I shoot any projectile at her, she sucks it away. Making it very difficult to face her. Amiibos constantly adapter, even after level 50. They can get you very far in a character matchup. I placed Top 16 in the 2nd biggest tournament in NorCal just practicing against them overtime. My practicing against the :4diddy: matchup really paid off. It was my first tournament too.

There are some nights where I destroy them. Then others when they are destroying me.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
One more question:If you delete an amiibo, can you use the same amiibo to add it again? (Of course at level one). Or is there a reset button

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
One more question:If you delete an amiibo, can you use the same amiibo to add it again? (Of course at level one). Or is there a reset button
Of course, you can re-register it and play with it all over again like it's brand new.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Time for wave 5 speculation yet?

I'm gonna guess that it will be 7 Amiibo.
Greninja, ZSS, Olimar, Palutena, Falco, Dr Mario, ROB

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I'd say the only site really reliable for an import is Play Asia and that's it. My :4lucario: just shipped today along with my GameCube Adapter. So they're arriving in a few days. Play Asia seems pretty reliable from what I've heard with other stuff too. Go to them if you are having a struggle buying an Amiibo. They'll have some Ikes, Mega Mans, and other uncommons up on their store. A couple rares do pop up on occasions, but they are slightly inflated sometimes. I saw Pit there for $49. But then there are some like Lucario for like $25 there. Give it a check once in a while. You may get lucky and find the one you're looking for.
About nin nin game
...i pre order wave 4 from them..but in the same time. i bough ike and king dedede easily.

someone here has already pre order from them and with no problem?

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
At first I wasn't interested in amiibos at all, but I'm more an more interested by the idea of getting a few of them. For a dedicated Smash fan like myself, I like the idea of getting figures of characters who would otherwise have very low potential to get merchandise based on them. For the next wave I'm particularly interested in getting Pac-Man and Wario because their respective amiibo look very good, maybe Robin as well - his face doesn't really look like his one from the official artwork, but at least it doesn't look ridiculous, and otherwise the amiibo looks good, especially given how Robin is one of the most detailed-looking characters. Well, unless the final product looks worse... Not interested in Charizard Lucina and Ness though. Unfortunately I can't preorder them, so I'll try to get them as soon as possible before they become too rare and/or overpriced (I don't like the idea of paying more than €20 for getting one, and I definitely don't want to spend more than 25€).

So my prediction for wave 5 amiibos are:
:4bowserjr::4olimar::4gaw::4rob::4jigglypuff::mewtwopm:

We already know that wave 4 will release in April in Japan, and I could see the Mewtwo DLC being released for everyone in May, as well as wave 5, making the timing perfect. Mr. G&W and R.O.B. are definitely going to be rare, and Olimar as well, but maybe not as much as the other two. Maybe. On the other hand Bowser Jr., Jigglypuff and most notably Mewtwo will sell like hotcakes because well, Mario and Pokémon merchandise always sell well. Always. Unless you're some obscure and/or unpopular character such as Stantler, Garbodor or Il Piantissimo.

And for wave 5 exclusions (and thus definitely wave 6):

:4ganondorf:Unless wave 5 releases after E3 then I'm going to be genuinely surprised if he's in that wave. He's going to be released after the Zelda U announcement imo.
:4falco:Same as above, but for the new Starfox. Because it's 99% likely that neither Zelda and Starfox are going to get more details revealed about them before E3.
:4zss:Saved for the reveal of a currently unannounced Metroid title which is going to be revealed at E3. Though more wishful thinking than anything else.
:4greninja: Saved for after the announcement or the new gen VI Pokémon games based on Kalos and featuring Mega Zygarde and Mega Kalos Starters. Again, wishful thinking.
:4duckhunt:I feel that they'll keep the most iconic retro for the last wave. Though maybe the average people will not recognize/want him because he's not doing his infamous laugh pose lol.
:4drmario:Not real justification here, but he will add some needed iconicness factor to the wave 8 roster. Because he's still Mario anyway, so he's going to sell well.
:4darkpit::4palutena:Possibly even more of a wishful thinking than ZSS and Greninja, but a new Kid Icarus title is possibly early in development currently and going to be revealed at E3. Though it's rather unlikely and I could totally put them in wave 5 instead.
:substitute: And finally, one based on the first DLC newcomer announced at E3.

Oh, and btw, I'm expecting this wave to be announced at E3, one month later wave 5's release, so their reveal will coincide with the E3 announcements.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've held off preordering foreign because each of them were coming to $20+ before shipping... but now I worry, because I usually use the foreign sites as my backup plans.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ike came in today. The packaging box was a little beat up but the Amiibo box was in great condition. Also got my Club Nintendo Smash Soundtrack. Today was a good day. Too bad I have to go to work right when my deliveries came in....

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
the way I see it, they're getting the more popular ones and third party characters out of the way, each wave seems to have more and more obscure characters (towards the general public that is) and less popular ones. By wave 5, we're gonna see people like ZSS, Palutena, ROB, G&W, Dr Mario and Duck Hunt appear. I see characters like Falco and Ganondorf being released around the time the new Star Fox and Zelda games come out.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ike came in today. The packaging box was a little beat up but the Amiibo box was in great condition. Also got my Club Nintendo Smash Soundtrack. Today was a good day. Too bad I have to go to work right when my deliveries came in....
I am still waiting for the Club Nintendo Smash Soundtrack to arrive. I registered both versions on January 2, 2015 but it hasn't shipped yet?

Oh, and my Meta Knight amiibo finally arrived at my boyfriend's house! I can't wait to get my hands on it tonight! :awesome:

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Wave 4 is out in Japan??

...Ok, this is starting to confirm a theory. They must be intentionally keeping NA orders unavailable while the other regions get theirs to try and minimize the number of amiibos being bought overseas. I wonder whether it's having the opposite effect, though - you'd think doing it this way would cause more NA buyers to seek overseas sources since we don't have any yet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wave 4 is out in Japan??

...Ok, this is starting to confirm a theory. They must be intentionally keeping NA orders unavailable while the other regions get theirs to try and minimize the number of amiibos being bought overseas. I wonder whether it's having the opposite effect, though - you'd think doing it this way would cause more NA buyers to seek overseas sources since we don't have any yet.
If you look carefully, that's actually a European box.

The website is from Hong Kong. And I don't doubt there being Amiibo factories there. One of the workers might have just stole it. Very possible if it was deemed defective and thrown out (his eyes are weirdly large).

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
don't call me out like that,
I'm very interested, you don't know me

So for today's Amiibo hunt:
Went to Toys R Us first. Found this:

That's three Sheiks in there. (Are they uncommon?) This one's for @ im just peachy im just peachy .:awesome:
Also found like 20 Toon Links. No Sonic or Megaman in sight.

Went to Best Buy and walked to the Amiibo section. They had another Sheik and another Toon Link. Then this guy walks behind me and has a freaking Sonic in hand! He tells me that it was the only one they had aside from preorders. Gaaaahhh lucky!!!! He also took the Sheik and Toon Link from the shelf.
Unrelated, but they also had a Mario Party 10 demo. The mini games were alright and Rosalina was playable. Will look to getting this game.

Walmart had a load of Pikachus and a few Luigis. Definitely an improvement from the violated Peaches from earlier. There were also two guys in front of me also on the Hunt. They got nothing.

GameStop had nothing extra so I just grabbed a Luigi and called it a day. I'll go back for a Toon Link later.
she looks beautiful !

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
...WAVE 4 IS OUT IN JAPAN, WHAT? O_O

Wave 4 is out in Japan??

Agreed, it probably will. URGH, I WANT THAT NESS AMIIBO SO BAD. ; (

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...WAVE 4 IS OUT IN JAPAN, WHAT? O_O

Agreed, it probably will. URGH, I WANT THAT NESS AMIIBO SO BAD. ; (
No:

If you look carefully, that's actually a European box.

The website is from Hong Kong. And I don't doubt there being Amiibo factories there. One of the workers might have just stole it. Very possible if it was deemed defective and thrown out (his eyes are weirdly large).

Top Bottom