• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PF9

Smash Lord
Entirely depends on the retailer.

Some ask for no payment until shipment, some ask for a deposit that covers part of the price, some ask for you to pay in full for the pre-order there and then. And then some places just don't do pre-orders.
What type is GameStop? I would feel most comfortable ordering from there.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
GameStop is the "asks for depost" type. They have you put at least $5 down and you can pay off the rest when picking up or you can add a few bucks every now and then.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I registered for the Soundtrack the day Wii U version released. I certainly hope you get yours. It'd be a shame to miss out. A friend of mine got his today too judging by his Facebook posts and he also registered in November. I'm sure yours will come soon enough.

Overall, satisfied with the Amazon UK order. It came a day late but still better than weeks later. Would definitely buy again if I need to.
Maybe... but the thing is, I also ordered BOTH Smash poster sets on the same day (February 20, 2015) and yet Club Nintendo tells me that only the first set already shipped but not the second set. I was puzzled because I thought both would be shipped.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Gamestop is the charge-when-they-ship type. Which, by the way, makes things a little weird if you use a gift card, as they don't actually take money off it right away.

Which reminds me, I still need to call them about updating my payment method on that Toad amiibo...

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I just heard a rumor that GameStop will only do online pre-orders for wave 4. Atleast that's what I've been hearing on an Amiibo Facebook group from a GameStop employee due to employees being accused of stealing people's pre-ordered Amiibo in store.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There's always at least one common, and it's probably Wario. He's a popular Mario character that transcended to have his own popular games, and lots of them too. He's in the same boat as Yoshi, and will likely be stocked to the same extent.
Rosalina was not common.
I doubt Wario will be, for nearly the same reasons.
We know his Super Mario amiibo is on the way, and it definitely his more iconic garb.

There are no commons anymore... I don't find it strange.

Maybe... but the thing is, I also ordered BOTH Smash poster sets on the same day (February 20, 2015) and yet Club Nintendo tells me that only the first set already shipped but not the second set. I was puzzled because I thought both would be shipped.
Can you still order the first set!?

I just heard a rumor that GameStop will only do online pre-orders for wave 4. Atleast that's what I've been hearing on an Amiibo Facebook group from a GameStop employee due to employees being accused of stealing people's pre-ordered Amiibo in store.
In other words... completely unreliable then.
Gamestop informs all of its employees via a digital newsletter weekly; if one knew, many would.
That said, an online internet social forum where one single person confirms an unlikely business model... is too far removed to even be considered.

Nintendo would need to issue a blanket statement to companies that the product cannot be preordered, and I don't even know if that is possible. I do know that the likelihood of all six amiibo-carrying-stores (Gamestop, BestBuy, Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, Amazon) deciding, suddenly at wave four, to now, individually, not want to keep the product in stores... is also nearly moot.

It may be a plausible (well, slightly MORE so) scenario on the basis alone of preorders being massively cancelled, and store exclusives being rather unbeneficial to each store (meaning, the cost of the amiibo per the shipment and difficulty to each store meant it was not worth it). However, we already know Walmart just took preorders for Gold Mario, and that other stores will carry Super Mario Line Amiibo. The employees at each store are not informed enough with amiibo to differentiate this being an allright scenario, but not the Smash amiibo (meaning, that the Smash amiibo cause problems, but the Super Mario are less likely too). For the majority of stores, I was actually for a long while informing the employees about amiibo, what they are, how the product line and ordering works, etc.

In short... they will be available to preorder, and there is no indication of when this will start.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina was not common.
I doubt Wario will be, for nearly the same reasons.
We know his Super Mario amiibo is on the way, and it definitely his more iconic garb.

There are no commons anymore... I don't find it strange.

Can you still order the first set!?
Rosalina is a character that while popular, isn't over a decade old. So they were able to exploit that and make her exclusive and rare and all of that, to build up hype. The Luma being featured and the shimmering gown also make it a Limited Edition of sorts at this point.

Wario's biker attire is just as iconic as his Classic attire at this point since WarioWare is still up and running, while the Wario Land games are pretty much dead at this point. Wario's "Classic" attire is really just his Mario series attire now. It won't make a difference to the rarity of his Smash figure.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

eBay is taunting me. Not that I care for Gold Mario but it still sounds really cocky. Those assholes.
Also for some reason I expected a Meta Knight, Sonic, and Megaman bundle to go unnoticed and end auction at around $30. It ended at $80. I abandoned ship around $27 but I kept the bid going to $39 so they could feel my wrath! Risky but worth it.

Yes I'm up at 1 am and have to work in the morning. I'm an Amiibo Hunter! I don't make good decisions!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Rosalina is a character that while popular, isn't over a decade old. So they were able to exploit that and make her exclusive and rare and all of that, to build up hype. The Luma being featured and the shimmering gown also make it a Limited Edition of sorts at this point.

Wario's biker attire is just as iconic as his Classic attire at this point since WarioWare is still up and running, while the Wario Land games are pretty much dead at this point. Wario's "Classic" attire is really just his Mario series attire now. It won't make a difference to the rarity of his Smash figure.
It may be just my opinion, but I don't think his Biker outfit holds a candle to his more iconic yellow suit. ALL Mario Line amiibo are also with a simpler design, from the Biker outfit included. I highly doubt TWO Wario amiibo would be manufactured at the same time. There is really no reason to think Wario would be common this wave, given this information.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It may be just my opinion, but I don't think his Biker outfit holds a candle to his more iconic yellow suit. ALL Mario Line amiibo are also with a simpler design, from the Biker outfit included. I highly doubt TWO Wario amiibo would be manufactured at the same time. There is really no reason to think Wario would be common this wave, given this information.
Which one looks better isn't the issue, the fact is that Wario's best selling games feature him in that biker suit, so it stands to reason that it would be just as recognisable in this day and age. Yeah, he shows up in Mario spin-offs in the Classic attire, but they are not his most notable appearances, and he doesn't even seem that popular in those kind of games.

Also, who said two Wario Amiibos would be made at the same time? The Super Mario series version of Wario has not even been officially shown off outside of the in-game model in Mario Party 10. Plus, the Smash Bowser and Super Mario Bowser are barely even two months apart, and that didn't effect how common Bowser has been thus far.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Amiibuh talk huh? Im still trying to get me a lucario amiibo, been impossible. *I found out a reasoning too, shipments stalled due to worker strikes.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Which one looks better isn't the issue, the fact is that Wario's best selling games feature him in that biker suit, so it stands to reason that it would be just as recognisable in this day and age. Yeah, he shows up in Mario spin-offs in the Classic attire, but they are not his most notable appearances, and he doesn't even seem that popular in those kind of games.

Also, who said two Wario Amiibos would be made at the same time? The Super Mario series version of Wario has not even been officially shown off outside of the in-game model in Mario Party 10. Plus, the Smash Bowser and Super Mario Bowser are barely even two months apart, and that didn't effect how common Bowser has been thus far.
I disagree with your assertion.
If you want to think that Wario is going to be common, go for it.
But do not propagate it as fact, because it is anything but.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I disagree with your assertion.
If you want to think that Wario is going to be common, go for it.
But do not propagate it as fact, because it is anything but.
...At what point did I propogate it as fact?

The stuff in my last post are facts, but they don't necessarily prove anything in regards to Wario being common. Much like we have no proof to show that he won't be common.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This seconds the rumor I've heard from a Target employee that they, too are doing online-only. It's too expensive (and dangerous) to manage an angry line outside their door for a handful of toys, not to mention shipping one box of amiibos to every Target so they can disappear the moment the door opens is a waste of money.

Also doesn't surprise me considering the one guy at Gamestop who, when asked whether there'd be MM 3DS XLs available on release day, gloated that he was "part of the reason I couldn't get any." He had 4 preordered before the announcement even came out in the direct, purportedly one for each of his friends. That's online though, and more an issue of using insider knowledge than it is of stealing preorders.

I still suspect this is what happened with my Pit amiibos in the mail... the US Post Office admitted to me that it's very easy for someone to just send them a digital mail slip to notify them that it's on the way, and then never send it. Considering this is where the trail ended for my package, it's possible.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
This seconds the rumor I've heard from a Target employee that they, too are doing online-only. It's too expensive (and dangerous) to manage an angry line outside their door for a handful of toys, not to mention shipping one box of amiibos to every Target so they can disappear the moment the door opens is a waste of money.

Also doesn't surprise me considering the one guy at Gamestop who, when asked whether there'd be MM 3DS XLs available on release day, gloated that he was "part of the reason I couldn't get any." He had 4 preordered before the announcement even came out in the direct, purportedly one for each of his friends. That's online though, and more an issue of using insider knowledge than it is of stealing preorders.

I still suspect this is what happened with my Pit amiibos in the mail... the US Post Office admitted to me that it's very easy for someone to just send them a digital mail slip to notify them that it's on the way, and then never send it. Considering this is where the trail ended for my package, it's possible.
I'm hoping this isn't the case for my Mega Man and Ike in store pre orders. They texted me a day before that I was going to get my Mega Man last Wednesday. I have my order fully paid for both.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have never seen this brought up before, so apologies if it's old news, but you know how I kept saying that the reason for certain figures being rarer has probably got to do with the detail of them? Well, turns out I might be right:

Finally, regarding your question about amiibo’s profitability, we have been selling amiibo at the same MSRP so that consumers will easily understand its price point. However, I think you can easily tell just by looking at several amiibo figures that production costs vary for each one of them; some amiibo have a more complex structure and a greater number of colors, which means they cost more to produce than others. Nevertheless, since setting different price points could be misinterpreted as the company valuing certain characters more than others, we came to the decision to set an MSRP that would return a profit from the amiibo platform as a whole.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150217qa/index.html

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
You know what I'd love to see? A game about amiibo. Doubt it'll ever happen, but I'm gonna keep dreaming. As much as I love Smash, I'd support a Nintendo all stars game of a different genre too using amino, not sure what it'd look like though.

Kendude

Smash Cadet
So my :4shulk: arrived from ebay today. I was lucky to have gotten a "good" Shulk so that's very nice. :D

So now that beings my modest collection to 6 and as I'm only collecting characters I really like, Waves 1-3 are now complete for me aside from :4falcon: who I believe and hope will turn up eventually, and :4myfriends: who is now an after thought that I'm not going to go out of my way to try to get.

Sad news about :4charizard: only getting one month of production. He and :4robinm: were the ones I cared about for wave 4, and I thought Charizard would be "easy" to pick up and the one that wouldn't give me problems. Here's hoping that's not the case.

Good luck to everyone when preorders for Wave 4 go out. :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know what I'd love to see? A game about amiibo. Doubt it'll ever happen, but I'm gonna keep dreaming. As much as I love Smash, I'd support a Nintendo all stars game of a different genre too using amino, not sure what it'd look like though.
Was literally saying exactly this earlier to a friend. I wouldn't mind a Dynasty Warriors type game that uses Amiibos. Literally anyone could justifiably be playable.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Well, today's been a lucky day for me. I went to GameStop earlier to spend my Valentine's Day money on, and they had both Bowser & Sheik Amiibos there. Before I checked out, one of the employees behind the counter said that they only had 3 Mega Man & Sonic Amiibos left, so I decided to get Sonic out of the two.

Today's been pretty sweet because of this. :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's about damn time my Ike amiibo came in today...should've gotten it Friday though but still, I got it. Now I just need Shulk and Lucina and that'll be it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mega Man and Ike both arrived today! Now the only Wave 3 amiibo left is King Dedede. It's on the way.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Don't post videos having nothing to do with the topic
Completely random but

Did any of you guys see this?

The third five nights at freddys released (or maybe its the demo)

Springbreak is not the only amitronic

A phantom version of the old ones are in this including balloon boy

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

To the first paragraph, I disagree still. I do not think it matters if Warioware has sold more than WarioLand, he has been featured in yellow for a very long time, and his appearance titles in Mario Spinoffs are still better selling than WarioWare by a large degree.

As far as two being manufactured at once, it is possible- but since it seems that Peach, DK, and Yoshi [all three saw price cuts, and are running out of availability online... likely because of the Super Mario line, of which DK (like Rosalina and Wario), has not been revealed yet either], as well as Rosalina, are not going to be- I doubt Wario will be.
The fact that the Mario amiibo is cheaper to manufacture is also telling.

In short... there is not really a reason to think Wario will be a large release- particularly if we are using Rosalina as the prime example.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
My :4megaman: in store pre-order came in today!!!! :D Also my :4lucario: and GameCube Adapter came in as well!!! Hadouken and Rainbowbot join the Amiibo Cup.

Speaking of the Amiibo Cup, I decided to restart from the beginning since I use Challonge to organize everything. Shelk :4shulk: won the very first Amiibo Cup. He was rewarded with facing Hadouken :4lucario: for the first time at level 50. Rainbowbot :4megaman: will be raised tomorrow and will face Shelk :4shulk: as the second part of his reward when he reaches level 50. A rough break for Boozer :4bowser: and Derpaderp :4dedede: as they both looked VERY solid and ready for the playoffs, but were knocked out early. Majestic :4zelda: had a magical run to get to the finals, but was stopped short by the Monado's power and Shelk :4shulk: really feeling it in the finals. Will Shelk :4shulk: have a shot at repeating and win the Amiibo Cup II? Or will a new face come up and snatch it?

Regular Season: http://challonge.com/AmiiboCup_Regular

Playoffs: http://challonge.com/AmiiboCup_Playoffs#
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To the first paragraph, I disagree still. I do not think it matters if Warioware has sold more than WarioLand, he has been featured in yellow for a very long time, and his appearance titles in Mario Spinoffs are still better selling than WarioWare by a large degree.

As far as two being manufactured at once, it is possible- but since it seems that Peach, DK, and Yoshi [all three saw price cuts, and are running out of availability online... likely because of the Super Mario line, of which DK (like Rosalina and Wario), has not been revealed yet either], as well as Rosalina, are not going to be- I doubt Wario will be.

In short... there is not really a reason to think Wario will be a large release- particularly if we are using Rosalina as the prime example.
Let's not even pretend Mario Kart sells because of Wario. He's a pretty minor part of that franchise. Wario has little to no bearing on MK sales, since most Wario game fans will be Mario game fans as it is. Wario has been featured in the Biker outfit just as long as the Classic outfit - Super Mario Land 2 came out in 1992, and the first WarioWare came out in 2003, so an 11 year gap. The gap between WarioWare's first release, and now, is already over 11 years too.

So how recognisable the outfit is/how long it's been around for, is objectively, not an issue. It's as iconic as the yellow and purple shirt and overalls, regardless of what you personally think of the outfit.

In terms of Peach, DK, and Yoshi, they saw price cuts because they aren't selling, because Nintendo overestimated how popular those figures would be. Seriously, nobody buys Peach and DK. Not enough people to clear out stock, anyway. Notice how the likes of Mario and Luigi are still not getting price cuts on their Smash Amiibo, even though they were just as highly produced. These clearance sales would be happening regardless of the SM series Amiibo coming out.

----------------------

Japan is getting a restock of Villager, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and possibly more in May:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2xrj60/japan_getting_restock_of_villager_little_mac/

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

All we need to do is look at trends in Europe and Japan. Across both regions, Ness and Lucina sold out first, then Robin and Pac Man. Charizard and Wario were both still available for a while after the other four, for a much longer period than the initial 15-minute rush. This is likely less because of popularity, more because of supply.

The fact they've announced Charizard only gets 1 month of production, plus the duplicate Wario in the Mario line, doesn't change the fact that they both survived longer than the rest of the wave... it just means that even the commons aren't that common. This does not bode well for wave 4.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Sonic is available at GameStop online. I just bought one.
As is Megaman.
I'd put the links but they'll be sold out before anyone gets here to see them!

Looks like Sonic is going to be the last Amiibo I get for a while. Money's getting a little tight and I have bills to pay, along with me wanting to save up for Anime Expo in July. The only ones I absolutely must have at the moment are Sonic, Megaman, and Meta Knight. I hope to run into the other two at some point but until Wave 4 I'm going to tone the hunting down a bit.

._. No one is here to see this.....

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The only Wave 3 I'm looking for right now is Meta Knight - not for myself, for a friend in need. Thanks for keeping an eye out on the others though!

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Any idea when the Jigglypuff amiibo might release? Or has it already? I don't even have a WiiU, I just want one to go with my Bowser.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Has your :rosalina: shipped or made it to your house yet. If so, then I'm tempted to import one or two :4falcon:s from there so I can have them customized to my favorite Falcon colors (Pink and Gold).
Actually no.
I'll inform you once/if it gets here.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Let's not even pretend Mario Kart sells because of Wario. He's a pretty minor part of that franchise. Wario has little to no bearing on MK sales, since most Wario game fans will be Mario game fans as it is. Wario has been featured in the Biker outfit just as long as the Classic outfit - Super Mario Land 2 came out in 1992, and the first WarioWare came out in 2003, so an 11 year gap. The gap between WarioWare's first release, and now, is already over 11 years too.

So how recognisable the outfit is/how long it's been around for, is objectively, not an issue. It's as iconic as the yellow and purple shirt and overalls, regardless of what you personally think of the outfit.

In terms of Peach, DK, and Yoshi, they saw price cuts because they aren't selling, because Nintendo overestimated how popular those figures would be. Seriously, nobody buys Peach and DK. Not enough people to clear out stock, anyway. Notice how the likes of Mario and Luigi are still not getting price cuts on their Smash Amiibo, even though they were just as highly produced. These clearance sales would be happening regardless of the SM series Amiibo coming out.

----------------------

Japan is getting a restock of Villager, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and possibly more in May:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2xrj60/japan_getting_restock_of_villager_little_mac/
I'm not sure what point you make about Rosalina that cannot be applied to Wario. You say that she is New and doesn't have enough fans to justify her not being rare, yet say Warioware biker, just four years older, is the common one fans think of. You say her amiibo is more costly and so it is discontinued, yet, Warios Smash amiibo is ise costly than his Super Mario amiibo.

You claim additionally that Wario is more known for his biking costume because those games sell better than his Warioland titles, and My rebuttal is that games he is in as Mario spinoffs sell better, and this he is seen more freely and associated in yellow. This has nothing to do with those games being sold for him, it just shows that he is seen in yellow by more people more often, for twice as long of a span of time. By the way, Warioware probably doesn't sell because of Wario, but rather from the gameplay.

You tell me I am not being objective about Warios outfits, yet I retort your responses with facts of the same face. If time,or game sales, things you brought up, are iirrrelevant, then don't try to argue the. In the first place.

Meanwhile. If Yoshi, DK, and Peach, were just seeing price cuts because of overstocking, they would not be UBAVAILABLE on many American websites. They are being phased out.

Top Bottom