• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So you meant UK then (you never specifically mentioned the UK earlier on though). Though do note that Americans bought more on Amazon .de and .fr, actually. Especially .fr, as it's the cheapest.

And I didn't harass you or put words in your mouth. You quoted a post of mine a while back, I responded. Which started this general discussion about Amiibo status in Europe in the thread. You then started spreading fallacious information when you have no clue how things are in Europe, and I corrected it. Others have too, in case you haven't noticed.

And I don't recall communicating with you on any other topics on this website, let alone 5.

Then again, I don't creepily keep count of that sort of thing... >_>

If you have some personal issue with me, take it to PM, but I wasn't concerned with the poster in this instance, merely the fallacious and nonsensical claims of "Europe have/had it better".
One- I remember you continually add words to my post, yes. It happened when discussing Wario, it happened just then, and it has happened enough in the past after you escalated a debate into calling me a racist.

Two- My information is correct. You keep trying to correct me with that which is in fact untrue.

Three- You continually slander, and the next time I read it, I will be reporting you. This is an internet social forum, and recurring elevation of a topic of opinion and others' experiences to defamation of character is particularly unnecessary.

not all bb are getting them only about 15%are sadly mine isnt so lucky as i hit tru bb gamestop and walmart today with no luck for any of the sinsister 6 (:4dedede::4myfriends::4metaknight::4littlemac::4villager::4shulk:)
Question for you; are these the 'sinister 6' to you because they are ones you do not have, or for some other reason? That is, have you found the likes of WFT, Rosalina, and others, frequently?

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I just picked up a Luigi amiibo and I want to train it to be competitive does anyone have any tips?
Start out with ditto matches (luigi vs luigi) so it can learn his moves better. Once you feel like he's got the movements down, fight him with some other characters so it can know what to do against other fighters better. Also try to not to do omega/final destination stages all the time, try some other legal stages so the amiibo and learn the stage layouts.
Also make sure you can teach him some strategies and techniques. So things like spacing and combos would be good to know. For example, maybe have the amiibo throw a fire ball occasionally and a combo like down throw + dair or bair. You probably don't want to teach more complicated combos until it learns simpler combos.
here are some little tips that might help too:
1. Having an amiibo fight 1v2 will not make him better in 1v1s.
2. Don't let the cpu do all the work, he'll beat it before level 50 but he'll suck against human players or other amiibos. You can however throw a cpu occasionally.
3. Make sure you are getting through with your amiibo. Make sure he is learning. If he's not doing what you want him to do, do a ditto match and show him what to do and he'll have a better chance learning from it.
4. Let the amiibo get some hits in. Depending on the move you want him to do more often, they should be able to use it more often if it knows that the move is landing hits.
5. (Specifically Luigi) Amiibos usually don't taunt in about late 30's depending on how much they need the memory to defeat you but Luigi however, can still taunt, but not for after a kill. Instead, he should actually be able to use one of his taunts to actually spike people to their death for edge guarding. So you probably want to taunt as well so he will have a better chance of using it more often.
Hope these help!

Anyway, I picked up 2 new amiibos lately.
:4bowser: Bowwow
:4tlink: Toon Lenk
Both already at level 50. Bowwow has over 200 attack and 125 defense, but -200 speed. Toon Lenk has 199 speed and -100 attack. Both of these can't handle Fire Mario, Bidizzle, and Lugy which doesn't surprise me at this point anymore.

Kendude

Smash Cadet
I wasn't done with wave 3 after all! I got the last of 4 :4megaman:'s that my Wal Mart got in today.

I swear I'm done with waves 1-3 this time! (Unless :4falcon: or :4myfriends: turn up before wave 4 at least.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One- I remember you continually add words to my post, yes. It happened when discussing Wario, it happened just then, and it has happened enough in the past after you escalated a debate into calling me a racist.

Two- My information is correct. You keep trying to correct me with that which is in fact untrue.

Three- You continually slander, and the next time I read it, I will be reporting you. This is an internet social forum, and recurring elevation of a topic of opinion and others' experiences to defamation of character is particularly unnecessary.

Question for you; are these the 'sinister 6' to you because they are ones you do not have, or for some other reason? That is, have you found the likes of WFT, Rosalina, and others, frequently?
1) No I don't, and I actually did not call you racist that one time, I merely said that a remark you made was worded in such a way that it might offend some people and that you should be careful about that, so kindly, stop putting words in MY mouth.

2) No it isn't. You're making assumptions about European stock, and have been corrected by multiple European users who actually have the experience to back it up, myself included.

3) ...What? Please point out this slander, and supposed defamation of character.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I found out that a local arcade has Amiibo prizes for some of the games.
Like the Stacker game:

And that bull**** Keyhole game:

I made an attempt for that Bowser but gave up after five tries because I frigging hate that keyhole game.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

1) No I don't, and I actually did not call you racist that one time, I merely said that a remark you made was worded in such a way that it might offend some people and that you should be careful about that, so kindly, stop putting words in MY mouth.

2) No it isn't. You're making assumptions about European stock, and have been corrected by multiple European users who actually have the experience to back it up, myself included.

3) ...What? Please point out this slander, and supposed defamation of character.
>Based Internet fights.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I found out that a local arcade has Amiibo prizes for some of the games.
Like the Stacker game:

And that bull**** Keyhole game:

I made an attempt for that Bowser but gave up after five tries because I frigging hate that keyhole game.
I'd try those if they had any I don't have.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I've pointed it out in the past, such as calling someone racist, which you now deny.
I'm merely warning you, once more, to cease this behavior, and the imperial attitude as well. If Europeans are going to make remarks about American stock, I have every right to make counter arguments based on the actual facts I've experienced. There are no assumptions in what I've stated. Otherwise, this argument is futile, and unnecessary to this thread.

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
God, I am totally obsessed with Amiibo. When they were initially revealed I thought I wasn't gonna get any of them, but now I've got 6 of them and plan to get more. These silly little things are so compelling. I've currently got Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Kirby, Megaman and Sonic, and now I'm looking to get my hands on Shulk and eventually Ness. Planning to pick up Toon Link,Toad, Smash Mario, Dedede, Meta Knight and Diddy eventually as well. I can't wait for the eventual Villager restock too. (I also can't wait for the Ganondorf, Jigglypuff and Dr. Mario Amiibo when they're eventually announced)

Is anyone else planning to get the any Super Mario Amiibo? I'm currently looking for Toad and I desperately want the Classic Wario and Rosalina Amiibo.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've pointed it out in the past, such as calling someone racist, which you now deny.
I'm merely warning you, once more, to cease this behavior, and the imperial attitude as well. If Europeans are going to make remarks about American stock, I have every right to make counter arguments based on the actual facts I've experienced. There are no assumptions in what I've stated. Otherwise, this argument is futile, and unnecessary to this thread.
Sorry, but you don't get to go around warning people. My attitude is fine, but you might want to lose that condescending, bossy attitude you've got there.

Your statements are assumptions, because 1) Anyone living in Europe can tell you you're completely wrong, and 2) You haven't provided any evidence proving yourself correct.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon @ ChikoLad ChikoLad You guys think you can take your argument to PM?
I suggested it, though I'm personally not interested in taking it further anyway. I just want to clear up the fact that Europe is NOT better stocked on rares or unicorns (with the definite exception of Ike, who is common here), as American users on the subreddit have attempted to lead others to believe otherwise in the past, and it has just led to salt and general tension caused by misguided jealousy on the part of American collectors. I don't want that seeping in here. Plus, providing wildly false information is never good.

And frankly, the idea that Americans would import lots of our stock because they think we have more is only gonna make things much, much worse for Europe.

I mean:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sorry, but you don't get to go around warning people. My attitude is fine, but you might want to lose that condescending, bossy attitude you've got there.

Your statements are assumptions, because 1) Anyone living in Europe can tell you you're completely wrong, and 2) You haven't provided any evidence proving yourself correct.
Then anyone in America can tell you that you're, likewise, wrong.

I didn't say we did not recieve more stock, but we also have far more people buying amiibo; not to mention the whole idea that an unknown amount of it is stuck in California. If 500 amiibo are shipped to America, and 100 to Europe, but 5,000 in America want it, and only 600 in Europe- then America is more poorly stocked. This is percentages.

I'm done dignifying your belligerence with anymore responses.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"I-I-I-I'm right and you're wrong!"
-DukeNapoleon, 05/03/2015

we also have far more people buying amiibo
Gee, I wonder why...

And that'll be that.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maturely moving along, has anyone else noticed that the Gold Mario amiibo and the Super Mario amiibo, don't appear to be from the same mold? They are the same stance, but have slightly different propotions, shapes, slopes, and angles. Gold Mario has a wider angle between his upright arm and his head, his stomach contours at a higher curve, his head is slightly thinner, and his left arm's elbow is a bit more upright.

Last edited:

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
Anyone going for all 54 Smash amiibo's? (assuming mewtwo and all 3 miis get one)
edit: i can spell, believe me

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Happened to be by Best Buy this morning so I checked in to see if they had a Captain Falcon shipment. And they did! But they let one guy buy every single one!

The customer service rep said there'd be another shipment of amiibo tomorrow, though didn't specify which amiibos they'd be. Gonna try my luck again tomorrow morning and see if I can grab one for me and friend.

Anyone going for all 54 Smash amiibo's? (assuming mewtwo and all 3 miis get one)
Nah. Just the ones of characters I play, ones I think look nice, and ones that complete some arbitrary mini-set if I only need one to complete it, like if I somehow get Meta Knight I'll get a Kirby too just so I have all Kirby amiibos, or since I know I'm gonna pre order Pac-Man I should also get Mario so then I'll have the four main mascots.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yes. Currently at 19 sitting in my room. Dedede is secured though, and Little Mac is supposed to be in transit (from Conrad.com, he's supposed to arrive next week, though I don't think I have any tracking).

It's also possible my friend might secure Meta Knight for me too.

EDIT: They don't seem to get mentioned much around here, but just a reminder, Fry's is a pretty good Amiibo store in the US:

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I never thought Ike was going to become of the hardest to find... Damn it!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Regrettably, yes. I currently own at least one of every amiibo, sealed, plus doubles of some I wanted to play with and others I came across and bought due to addiction.

I intendo to fairly distribute doubles I don't need at some point. I won't scalp them. They'll probably be Craig's List trade fodder for any Wave 4/5/6 amiibos I miss in the near future, then whatever's left we'll give away on our Youtube channel/Twitch stream.

Happened to be by Best Buy this morning so I checked in to see if they had a Captain Falcon shipment. And they did! But they let one guy buy every single one!
Lame... I already have a poor relationship with Best Buy as it is, this certainly doesn't help.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I kinda figured he would be so I imported from Amazon UK before it was too late. Looks like the Fire Emblem ones will be the hardest to find even though Nintendo's constantly pushing the Code Name STEAM Amiibo goodness.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

sorry just mine im looking for sorry for no clarfication

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I kinda figured he would be so I imported from Amazon UK before it was too late. Looks like the Fire Emblem ones will be the hardest to find even though Nintendo's constantly pushing the Code Name STEAM Amiibo goodness.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking and what gives me hope for a later restock. I hope Robin and Lucina are easy to get... I'll pay whatever for Lucina.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Yes. Currently at 19 sitting in my room. Dedede is secured though, and Little Mac is supposed to be in transit (from Conrad.com, he's supposed to arrive next week, though I don't think I have any tracking).

It's also possible my friend might secure Meta Knight for me too.

EDIT: They don't seem to get mentioned much around here, but just a reminder, Fry's is a pretty good Amiibo store in the US:

Dang, i need to go to the Fry's Electronics near my home. I might get a Sonic, possibly. It'd be nice if i found an Ike or something there too, lol.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was pretty sure he would be, given the main Fire Emblem character was nearly impossible.
I would pay soo much for the 'good looking' Ike prototype....

sorry just mine im looking for sorry for no clarfication
Was not directed at you mate no worries!

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I just can't understand why Nintendo ships 100,000 Luigis to collect dust on the shelves and just ship 3 Ikes, 7 Wii Fit Trainers and 2 Rosalinas...

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I continue to find crazy discoveries with Amiibos. They can hard read you and can do crazy combos that are pulled off by many pros in competitive play. My :4luigi: Amiibo Weegee knows how to hard read up b, down throw down b, and down throw up air. He even knows how to down b recover!!!! You can really go deep into a character matchup with these things. Also my Meta Knight Japanese import came in today. I'll post pics later, but here is the link to where I found him. http://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=amiibo

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, I plan to. I currently have 25 Smash amiibos from Waves 1-3. I'm only missing :4villager::4marth::4wiifit::4littlemac:. I plan to get all Mario amiibos too. I already have Toad and Gold Mario pre-ordered so I'll just pick up the rest from stores.

By the way, my boyfriend told me there are rumors about Animal Crossing amiibos and Pikmin amiibos. Thoughts about that?

I was pretty sure he would be, given the main Fire Emblem character was nearly impossible.
I would pay soo much for the 'good looking' Ike prototype....

Was not directed at you mate no worries!
I have the "new" Ike. :ohwell:

Khao

Smash Lord
I already have more amiibos than I ever expected to get when they were first announced. I may keep getting more in the future, but there's no freaking way I'm aiming for all of them.

I can see myself getting maybe 2-3 more Smash amiibo at most (and that's if I get more, I already got my hands in all of my mains) And probably the Luigi from the Mario line. Beyond that, I doubt I'd get anything else unless they announce a new line from a game/series I like. (I'd probably end up getting a couple of Zelda characters if there was a Zelda line, for one)

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
"Kirby, I am your father!!!" -Meta Knight
Darth Kirby :4metaknight: joins the Amiibo Cup!!! Again to those who want to find some uncommons are rares for a decently cheap price, go to http://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=amiibo
I was lucky to get him for $23. The price is up to $27 now. So hurry before it gets up to $70 like Pit on there!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Gonna go to FYE and preorder Wario, Ness, and maybe Charizard on Saturday.

I'm getting kind of addicted to this. I'm kinda losing sleep over it, heh.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Gonna go to FYE and preorder Wario, Ness, and maybe Charizard on Saturday.

I'm getting kind of addicted to this. I'm kinda losing sleep over it, heh.
FYE stopped taking preorder weeks ago. At least my local one did. If yours lets you consider yourself lucky.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
FYE stopped taking preorder weeks ago. At least my local one did. If yours lets you consider yourself lucky.
I attempted the same thing on the first of February and got no results. It's definitely select FYE they're doing this at.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My brother just picked up Mega Man, so now I'm mainly looking for Shulk and Dedede (Meta Knight would be nice to have, but I only have a Future Shop nearby, and it only seems to get the Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon amiibos).

makemesmellbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
makemesmellbad
Switch FC
SW-1177-4478-7793
Aside from the Amiibo hunting conversations...

Can anyone suggest some good competitive ways to train Amiibos?
My Luigi has frame-perfect reactions to attacks and favors spot-dodging and perfect shields so that he can punish at close range, but this has coupled with the fact that he also air dodges perfectly, every single time. I can exploit it by u-tilting him before he lands to force an air dodge and punish his landing lag, but he doesn't seem to learn from that. I was wondering if there was a way to teach Amiibos to not follow a specific flowchart and take more options, but other than his defensive exploits, he's an extremely good fighter and punisher. The only other gripe I have is that he doesn't do d-throw into double f-air combos, as, for some reason, he prefers a single u-air. My MK also does d-throw into up B instead of any other follow ups, and I haven't taught either of them those combos, and, frankly, those combos aren't optimal.

Top Bottom