• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
i hate living in miami, i have yet to physically see anyone from wave 3 other than :4bowser: and :4tlink:
...really?
Sheik is pretty common, and I've gotten literally every amiibo in a store except for Dedede, who I pick up this week.

Though, only Bowser, Tink, and Sheik have I seen on the shelf space.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
...really?
Sheik is pretty common, and I've gotten literally every amiibo in a store except for Dedede, who I pick up this week.

Though, only Bowser, Tink, and Sheik have I seen on the shelf space.
yeah it totally sucks. oh wait, i also have my :rosalina: ! so that makes 3 from wave 3 that i've seen. other than that, no one..

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
My Pit Amiibo (PitsNGigls) tea-bagged me after I SD'd off a walk off in Skyloft. I'm so happy! :chuckle:
Something odd about my Shulk (Shunk), he always goes to have Jump Monado on when I'm more of a Speed Monado guy.
Also he's already Level 50 and he lost to Level 46 Pit. Guessing Pit is my best one.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Looks like I can add Meta Knight to my collection, thanks to my boyfriend!

That makes it 22 out of 29.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Just got :4tlink:and:4bowser:for my bday today! :D They're really nice figures; very detailed. Names:
:4tlink:(NES Zelda colors): Ness Lozz
:4bowser:(Dark blue colors): Bobert

Chey

Smash Cadet
Who do you think will be rare from the coming waves? I preordered Toad on amazon right before he wasn't available anymore, quite a close call.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Who do you think will be rare from the coming waves? I preordered Toad on amazon right before he wasn't available anymore, quite a close call.
Ness definitely. Maybe Robin and Lucina if they want to make a trend of Fire Emblem characters uncommon. Wario and Charizard are safe to being common considering their series. Pacman I'm not too sure. Could go either way.

I'm stoked that my Wii Fit did make it to California by Monday and she should be here later day.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Based on what we've seen with preorders in the UK, Ness disappeared fastest, then Lucina and Robin (not sure who disappeared first, but I think it was in this order), then Pac Man, then Wario and Charizard (again, sort of guessing on the order between these two).

Hopefully Nintendo's using all this down time wisely and stocking up.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well going by wave three so far looks like :rosalina: and :4shulk: are the rare ones (UK stopped preorders of shulk thank heavens i live in the west)

Lucina might be a rare one of wave 4

But theres no way in heck that :4pacman: and :4sonic: and :4megaman: are going to be rare ones

One of the mewtwo fans thinks mewtwo might become a rare one. (But i think thats impossible mewtwo is the most requested and popular of the 49 current characters.)
(by current i mean if mewtwo succeds on prooving sakurai wrong on being a flop, which is likely, and dlc characters apear ammune us.)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
yeah it totally sucks. oh wait, i also have my :rosalina: ! so that makes 3 from wave 3 that i've seen. other than that, no one..
For Rosalina, you must have gone to launch day, and waited... or shipped it from oversees.
You could have done that for others of wave three. As I have said, I have seen every wave 3 Amiibo, and procured at least doubles of all but Dedede (I live in Lauderdale, but work in Miami and hunt there often).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ness definitely. Maybe Robin and Lucina if they want to make a trend of Fire Emblem characters uncommon. Wario and Charizard are safe to being common considering their series. Pacman I'm not too sure. Could go either way.

I'm stoked that my Wii Fit did make it to California by Monday and she should be here later day.
I think everythin is going to be rare, legitimately. Maybe, MAYBE not Charizard.
Sure, Charizard and Wario are "from popular series," but that certainly did not help Lucario or Rosalina. (Or, for that matter, Villager, Dedede, Meta Knight...)

In fact, I'm sure Wario will be a difficult one, just like Rosalina, because he will also have a Cheaper Mario Party Amiibo (in more recognizable clothing) being manufactured very shortly.

*sorry for the double*

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I think everythin is going to be rare, legitimately. Maybe, MAYBE not Charizard.
Sure, Charizard and Wario are "from popular series," but that certainly did not help Lucario or Rosalina. (Or, for that matter, Villager, Dedede, Meta Knight...)

In fact, I'm sure Wario will be a difficult one, just like Rosalina, because he will also have a Cheaper Mario Party Amiibo (in more recognizable clothing) being manufactured very shortly.

*sorry for the double*
What really sucks if that none of them are available to pre-order at retail stores like Toys R Us or GameStop. I have this uneasy feeling that Nintendo is just gonna throw them out there for US.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What really sucks if that none of them are available to pre-order at retail stores like Toys R Us or GameStop. I have this uneasy feeling that Nintendo is just gonna throw them out there for US.
I'm not sure about that- they only just became available on known Japanese websites like amiami.

It is also up to individual stores as to if they will allow preorders or not. Nintendo, I guess, could have a say in specifically not allowing it... but then FYE (which had preorders, as shotty as I personally find those) wouldn't have been legally allowed to offer that.

So I'm pretty certain we will see preorders in America. Did Amazon have them at a point, too?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Here the only wave three that seems to be common is :4bowser:. The only other Wave 3 I've seen is :4shulk: and that's only cause I pre-ordered him. If I had to guess, :4charizard: will probably be the most common wave 4 cause omgpokemon, followed by :4wario: and :4pacman: cause they're from famous series.

Speaking of wave 3, gamestop called and :4sonic::4megaman: and :4dedede: have arrived and are waiting for pick up. Hyype.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here the only wave three that seems to be common is :4bowser:. The only other Wave 3 I've seen is :4shulk: and that's only cause I pre-ordered him. If I had to guess, :4charizard: will probably be the most common wave 4 cause omgpokemon, followed by :4wario: and :4pacman: cause they're from famous series.

Speaking of wave 3, gamestop called and :4sonic::4megaman: and :4dedede: have arrived and are waiting for pick up. Hyype.
If I may ask, where is it that you live, then?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Welp. I've been unemployed for long enough that I'm out of money. Spent my last $5 at McDonalds today. No more Amiibo for me until I'm able to get hired somewhere.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
If I may ask, where is it that you live, then?
I live in a Maryland.

I guess I can add :4tlink: to the wave 3's I've seen. Saw em' when I walked into Best Buy hoping to get lucky with a :4metaknight: (no luck, as expected). Though that's fine cause...

Got emmmmmm.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My Ike amiibo will be on it's way soon. The only one I have left from the wave 3 line is Shulk, which I have preordered from GameStop. Hoping it doesn't get cancelled in the process, otherwise I'm ****ed.
Now I gotta wait for preorders for wave 4 to become available so that I can get Lucina.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So happy. I got home from school and my mom told me that :4sonic:, :4megaman:, and :4myfriends: came in at gamestop. When I got there I also picked up Samus as well for the Mario Kart costume, really.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
My collection now :D !

I was hoping to get at least 2 characters per franchise (except for the third parties and Shulk) but poor Kirby is gonna remain alone until Nintendo makes reprints of Metaknight or DeDeDe if I find him at retail.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Had a 99 stock 8-for-all for custom farming and witnessed this gem in the last stretch.

Samus breaks Pit's shield with a charge shot. Samus walks up to him, uses dtilt, and misses. Starts charging dsmash, and misses. Goes for an angled Fsmash, and Pit turns into a drunk kung fu master and sways back during the dizzy stance and dodges. Pit's defensive game is too strong.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Sanic :4sonic: is at level 50 now. He is crazy fast with his combos and chases anyone who tries to camp him out. Now we await :4megaman: and :4myfriends:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
*gasp* I would never!

No seriously, I'm not lying
The only wave 3 amiibo I saw were the ones that are considered commom like Toon Link and Bowser, and I only found one of each when I went hunting a couple days ago. Naturally I bought them

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Just posting to say that the faces on the Robin and Lucina prototypes look perfectly fine. I don't get the people who say they look bad.

Just got Ike today :) His face isn't as perfect, but the rest of him looks great.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just posting to say that the faces on the Robin and Lucina prototypes look perfectly fine. I don't get the people who say they look bad.

Just got Ike today :) His face isn't as perfect, but the rest of him looks great.
They don't look....BAD. Just off. There is a difference. I think the same about Shulk from what I have seen.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
For the human-like figures, one can look drastically different from the next, even if they're the same character. I've heard people complain about Shulk, but have one that looks better than the printed version on the back of the package. Likewise, I've heard people say they have gorgeous looking Ikes, but mine is hands down the worst looking piece in my collection. His paint is gobbed on and is as chunky as it is blurry, and his scalp looks ready to pop clean off from below his headband up.

Who's the best-looking amiibo in your collection? For me, it's either Shulk or Captain Falcon. Both are nearly flawless, but I might have to give it to Shulk since his model is more detailed.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
For the human-like figures, one can look drastically different from the next, even if they're the same character. I've heard people complain about Shulk, but have one that looks better than the printed version on the back of the package. Likewise, I've heard people say they have gorgeous looking Ikes, but mine is hands down the worst looking piece in my collection. His paint is gobbed on and is as chunky as it is blurry, and his scalp looks ready to pop clean off from below his headband up.

Who's the best-looking amiibo in your collection? For me, it's either Shulk or Captain Falcon. Both are nearly flawless, but I might have to give it to Shulk since his model is more detailed.
Ohemgee...

All of mine look gorgeous, but out of the human-like figures, I'll go with Marth. His face is no where near derp.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
All the human figures I've seen except for the Fire Emblem ones haven't looked that great. I was worried about how Pit and Shulk would look after seeing those derpy Marths and Peach's face just looking kind of unsettling, but they're both some the the highest quality amiibo I own.

In terms of best looking objectively without series bias, I'd say Mega Man, Dedede, and Mario are probably the best in terms of figurine quality. No post needed to hold them up, have good poses and paint jobs. I'd put Samus down too but there seems to be a common issue with her Amiibo in that she's stuck tilting to her right...

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Samus looks great, but every single one of hers I've seen has problems with the green paint in the cracks on her chest armor and on her visor. The paint looks as though it wasn't thoroughly mixed, so it has varying degrees of thickness. My Meta Knight has the same problem all over his shoulder pads and mask.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My Samus is almost perfect. Only problem with her is that she has a slight chip on the top of her helmet, where the middle connects to the side.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
They don't look....BAD. Just off. There is a difference. I think the same about Shulk from what I have seen.
I don't think the Robin or Lucina Amiibo prototype faces even look a little bit off. If the final product ends up looking like the prototype (RIP in peace, Ike), I think they will have pulled it off flawlessly.

Just how high are your expectations for these faces? These are cast plastic recreations of an anime face. Protip: anime faces look like ass in 3D. See: creepy uguu animu bobblehead masks. Especially when they're teeny-tiny, like the Fire Emblem characters. Megaman's head looks way better because he has the huge bobblehead, and isn't meant to look "realistic."

Last edited:
Top Bottom