• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I don't think the Robin or Lucina Amiibo prototype faces even look a little bit off. If the final product ends up looking like the prototype (RIP in peace, Ike), I think they will have pulled it off flawlessly.

Just how high are your expectations for these faces? These are cast plastic recreations of an anime face. Protip: anime faces look like *** in 3D. See: creepy uguu animu bobblehead masks. Especially when they're teeny-tiny, like the Fire Emblem characters. Megaman's head looks way better because he has the huge bobblehead, and isn't meant to look "realistic."
Villager has a bobble head and I think he looks pretty bad. His head is the wrong shape - they made his face round when it should have been flatter.

It's inconsistent, that's the point we're making. Some of them look beautiful, others not so much, and the degree of variability between two amiibos of the same character can be staggering.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Would Amazon UK let me ship a Wii Fit Amiibo to the U.S.? I'm tempted to get one through a European import.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Would Amazon UK let me ship a Wii Fit Amiibo to the U.S.? I'm tempted to get one through a European import.
Nope. There's only a select few they allow to ship to US. They won't allow the fancy rare ones like Meta Knight, Shulk, Villager, Pit, etc.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think the Robin or Lucina Amiibo prototype faces even look a little bit off. If the final product ends up looking like the prototype (RIP in peace, Ike), I think they will have pulled it off flawlessly.

Just how high are your expectations for these faces? These are cast plastic recreations of an anime face. Protip: anime faces look like *** in 3D. See: creepy uguu animu bobblehead masks. Especially when they're teeny-tiny, like the Fire Emblem characters. Megaman's head looks way better because he has the huge bobblehead, and isn't meant to look "realistic."
They do look off though. It's their expressions:

Lucina's eyes are more "kawaii" then they really should be, and she looks kinda chubby in the cheeks too. She also has her head tilted for some reason. Again, a bit too "kawaii" for the character.

Robin just looks a little too young (which is jarring, because he BARELY looks like an adult as is), and his eyes are again, too wide. Aaaaand he's got the Doge face, mainly due to his eyebrows.

The figures aren't terribly modeled or anything, just look off from the renders and in-game models they are based on.

And my expectations are that the figures look consistently good. A non-defective Marth looks awesome, and Rosalina looks perfect in the face (her being a Mario character doesn't mean anything - she's still more realistic in terms of body proportions and more anime-inspired than the other Mario characters, and she doesn't look out of place next to the Fire Emblem cast, sans the clothing).

Also, anime faces don't look bad at all in 3D. Certain Amiibo figures and the in-game models of the Fire Emblem characters show that well enough. But if that's not enough...

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633

SANIC HAS FINALLY GRACED MY COLLECTION WITH HIS PRESENCE!GOTTA GO FAST!!!1!1!!!!!
On an unrelated note,I was unable to get this-
It's funny,really-Sonic was unready for a while,while this was set to go today.Turns out it's the opposite.Books-A-Million is being a GameStop right now.
Sad day.:crying:

Nevermind,dad found it.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Nope. There's only a select few they allow to ship to US. They won't allow the fancy rare ones like Meta Knight, Shulk, Villager, Pit, etc.
Not true at all. I've ordered several overseas from Amazon UK and DE.

Where did you get this information that they limit international orders?

Absolutely, I have a WFT on the way from Amazon.co.uk as we speak.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is it just me, or is Kirby becoming harder to get? I ended up grabbing the last one at a Best Buy (along with Peach).

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

The website tells me they can't deliver this to the U.S.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Is it just me, or is Kirby becoming harder to get? I ended up grabbing the last one at a Best Buy (along with Peach).
:4peach: correct, you better get peach !
and i feel like kirby is harder to find maybe because of kirby rainbow curse?

Last edited:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
It's inconsistent, that's the point we're making. Some of them look beautiful, others not so much, and the degree of variability between two amiibos of the same character can be staggering.
The difference between the prototype Ike and the one they released is insane. The sword looks like garbage, and the face... He's really the only one I have a problem with in my collection. Well, him and Marth, who looks a bit derpy and his sword bends a little.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik

SANIC HAS FINALLY GRACED MY COLLECTION WITH HIS PRESENCE!GOTTA GO FAST!!!1!1!!!!!
On an unrelated note,I was unable to get this-
It's funny,really-Sonic was unready for a while,while this was set to go today.Turns out it's the opposite.Books-A-Million is being a GameStop right now.
Sad day.:crying:
MAKE HIM GO FAST!!!

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik

I'll see which ones can and which ones can't tonight. Why must Amiibo hunting be this hard. It shouldn't be like this.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
anyone else excited to see what the Mr. Game and Watch amiibo will look like?

do you think it will be made of thin plastic or some kind of metal?

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Got Ike, Sonic, and Megaman yesterday. GS said they did not get enough Dedede for preorders, but expect another launch date like with Shulk.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

The website tells me they can't deliver this to the U.S.
Ah hah... eh heh... y'wanna know what's really funny? I just noticed the WFT I'm waiting for is a day late with no tracking info.

So... yeah, looks like I'm wrong and owed a refund. Sorry, I totally punk'd myself!

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ah hah... eh heh... y'wanna know what's really funny? I just noticed the WFT I'm waiting for is a day late with no tracking info.

So... yeah, looks like I'm wrong and owed a refund. Sorry, I totally punk'd myself!
They won't even let me place the order for one on Amazon UK so either you got lucky or you're buying from a 3rd Party that ships to the U.S.
That reminds me that my Ike is expected to come Thursday and it also has no tracking info. Reddit says its to be expected and say to add two to three weeks to the estimate.

In other news my Wii Fit came in.

That brings my collection to 10 ^_^
A modest number compared to everyone else but whatevs.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726

I hope the reprints of Marth look like the one on the left. I don't understand how they could mess up on some Fire Emblem characters when others like the Marth reprint, Pit, Link, and even Zelda. It's must be rushed production. Plus as @ ChikoLad ChikoLad pointed out, 3D Anime characters can be made gorgeously like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games.

Everyone looks wrong here but Ike imo. He looks pretty on point compared to his render. My Ike looks identical to the one shown.

Marth looks like... well, you know...

Robins face looks fat compared to his render

I'd say Lucaina looks fine if the shapes of her facial details were wrong in size and placement. She looks wrong as well

Also I can appreciate how Ike looks like Ken from first of the north star lol

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
They won't even let me place the order for one on Amazon UK so either you got lucky or you're buying from a 3rd Party that ships to the U.S.
That reminds me that my Ike is expected to come Thursday and it also has no tracking info. Reddit says its to be expected and say to add two to three weeks to the estimate.

In other news my Wii Fit came in.

That brings my collection to 10 ^_^
A modest number compared to everyone else but whatevs.
I placed the order several weeks ago it was marked 'dispatched' on Feb. 5th, and it's through Amazon EU S.a.r.L. It just went overdue yesterday, so there's still a decent chance it might turn up in the next couple of days.

I'm guessing I got my order in before they made the decision to stop shipping them to the U.S., and that decision may or may not have been a blanket statement affecting all current orders. The fact that this is Amazon's fulfillment program, yet it has no tracking information (first time I've seen that), leads me to worry. Cpt. Falcon, Rosalina, Marth, Villager, and even the pair of Pits who were lost all had tracking info - this is the first time my order is lacking it.

It wouldn't be the first amiibo package I've lost through Amazon overseas, so perhaps the new restriction is a response to problems in the supply chain through the sheer volume of international orders our shortages are causing.

The good news is I already have a WFT. It's my only Japanese package, though, and I was hoping to get one in English just so it didn't stand out quite so much. It's fine, though - my collection could use the diversity.

EDIT: If you're looking for Sheik, act now.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I placed the order several weeks ago it was marked 'dispatched' on Feb. 5th, and it's through Amazon EU S.a.r.L. It just went overdue yesterday, so there's still a decent chance it might turn up in the next couple of days.

I'm guessing I got my order in before they made the decision to stop shipping them to the U.S., and that decision may or may not have been a blanket statement affecting all current orders. The fact that this is Amazon's fulfillment program, yet it has no tracking information (first time I've seen that), leads me to worry. Cpt. Falcon, Rosalina, Marth, Villager, and even the pair of Pits who were lost all had tracking info - this is the first time my order is lacking it.

It wouldn't be the first amiibo package I've lost through Amazon overseas, so perhaps the new restriction is a response to problems in the supply chain through the sheer volume of international orders our shortages are causing.

The good news is I already have a WFT. It's my only Japanese package, though, and I was hoping to get one in English just so it didn't stand out quite so much. It's fine, though - my collection could use the diversity.

EDIT: If you're looking for Sheik, act now.
Oh wow your's took some time. My order got dispatched the 16th and is supposed to arrive this Thursday. It sucks that I'm going in blind without any tracking information.

It looks like Ike has joined the "No US shipping" list so I got mine just in time. Everyone else listed here is good to go so I might import Sonic and Megaman if I can't find one around here.
There are a lot of people going around saying Sonic and Megaman are easy finds so I hope I get lucky.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Moment of truth

Should I name my megaman unemployed or Astroboy with his red alt? :yeahboi:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Warning Received
I just checked the mobile site of Amazon UK and I see no signs of can't ship to UK. Gonna try to get Lucario and Wii Fit there maybe.

Moment of truth

Should I name my megaman unemployed or Astroboy with his red alt? :yeahboi:
Astroboy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I just checked the mobile site of Amazon UK and I see no signs of can't ship to UK. Gonna try to get Lucario and Wii Fit there maybe.
Yeah the mobile site won't tell you but when you're about to check out they'll stop you with the "No US shipping" ban.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just in case this hasn't been cleared up, I ordered two Villagers from Amazon UK, as well as Rosalina, and Lucario.
Received them all, by the way.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Just in case this hasn't been cleared up, I ordered two Villagers from Amazon UK, as well as Rosalina, and Lucario.
Received them all, by the way.
How long ago was it?
Like I said Ike is no longer shipping to US but I have one on its ways so you perhaps got them before they dropped the shipping ban.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How long ago was it?
Like I said Ike is no longer shipping to US but I have one on its ways so you perhaps got them before they dropped the shipping ban.
Fair enough. I received Rosalina about 12 days ago. I had ordered it sometime in the second half of January.
Lucario was ordered a long time ago.
Villager as well.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I checked my status of my order recently, and apparently my Shulk order wasn't in the first set. So I now have to apparently wait until March, (though they said marth, I'm just going to assume they meant March), to maybe get both my Rosalina and Shulk amiibo which I've been waiting on since January.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

An updated look on my Amiibo shelf. I think it only adds like three though which is kinda sad. Also I tried to be fancy with the arrangement but it kinda sucks so I'll try it again later.
Anna is still there.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I got :4lucario: and :4metaknight: as Japanese imports ordered!!! I'm going to get all of wave 3!!! Along with that I managed to get the 3rd party Gamecube adapter as well! Putting me at 24 out of the 29 out. The hunt for :4marth: :4villager: :4wiifit: :4pit: and :4falcon: continues.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Decided to try doing what this guy did cut a hole on the top of the amiibo packaging (after gluing them back together) so I can display them in the packaging while still using them with minimal effort. Looks pretty nice with mine.

Sonic and Dedede just have a hole cut on top but the other 3 I didn't finish cutting it so it makes a flap instead. However the flaps are kinda annoying to open when taking them out, and Shulk has to be constantly moved around when putting him back in because he tends to fall backwards into the plastic pit. The flap makes it more annoying to fix so I'm considering just removing it on all of them.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm more interested in using an eXacto knife and a needle to carefully pull aside the foil tape under the amiibo through a small hole in the back near the bottom of the package, so you can play with it without ever removing it from the package. I haven't done this yet, however, because I'm not sure whether an amiibo package in this condition can still be considered "mint." If you do it right, the figure itself shouldn't be compromised since it's separate from where the tape is, but then the packaging is effectively tampered with.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The only issue with that is if you want to hold the figure in your hands, which is something I personally like being able to do, you're out of luck.

As for if the figure is considered "mint" or not, in terms of figurines, from a quick google search, I don't think it's mint cause you technically opened the packaging (but theres also the plastic layer underneath the cardboard which shouldn't be getting damaged tremendously). But unless you can see the cut from the front of the package it shouldn't be a huge issue. And if you were worried about dust getting in maybe you could just put some tape over it. And if you wanted to sell it you get the benefit of being able to say it's usable without tearing the box open.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I checked my status of my order recently, and apparently my Shulk order wasn't in the first set. So I now have to apparently wait until March, (though they said marth, I'm just going to assume they meant March), to maybe get both my Rosalina and Shulk amiibo which I've been waiting on since January.
I'd e-mail them about Rosalina again if they haven't said anything about it directly yet, just in case.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

An updated look on my Amiibo shelf. I think it only adds like three though which is kinda sad. Also I tried to be fancy with the arrangement but it kinda sucks so I'll try it again later.
Anna is still there.
I like to arrange the figures so that it looks like they're interacting in some way, but that's just me :)

I think the ones you have so far go well together, really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom