• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of next wave, I'm surprised Megaman isn't pre-order sold out. I thought he'd be quite popular.

On a side note, isn't there an issue with Lucario in Canada currently, as Target are closing their stores in Cannuck Land? Or whatever Amiibo that's target exclusive
Rosalina is the Target exclusive, and yeah, there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding her there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did see an interesting theory as to why certain Amiibos are exclusive to particular stores.

Pokemon has a history in toy merchandising, so one of the biggest toy stores, Toys R Us, gets Lucario, a Pokemon.

Best Buy is known for selling cool and sleek goods, and Meta Knight is cool and sleek, so he fits like a glove.

Shulk is only really known by dedicated gamers, so he goes to the biggest dedicated gaming store, GameStop.

Target is geared towards women in terms of the products it sells, so they get Nintendo's most respectable female character, Rosalina.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Would that mean we'd have to pick up Falco at @Hooters ??

Still though, Lucario is bound to be popular, due to most pokemon fans wanting to get one, and some having "lucario OC's" in the furry community. So I bet it'll be VERY desired.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Is there any way to have an amiibo with Japanese letters as it's name? I want my :4sonic: to be named ソニック (sonikku).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To those interested, at the time of this writing, Pit is up for Pre-Order at Gamestop, shipping out on the 30th.

EDIT: Nevermind, they're sold out. Still, being open for 4 hours is a good sign.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I did see an interesting theory as to why certain Amiibos are exclusive to particular stores.

Pokemon has a history in toy merchandising, so one of the biggest toy stores, Toys R Us, gets Lucario, a Pokemon.

Best Buy is known for selling cool and sleek goods, and Meta Knight is cool and sleek, so he fits like a glove.

Shulk is only really known by dedicated gamers, so he goes to the biggest dedicated gaming store, GameStop.

Target is geared towards women in terms of the products it sells, so they get Nintendo's most respectable female character, Rosalina.
I figured Shulk at GameStop was just them being cheeky and being all like "Remember how Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii was exclusive to Gamestop? Well, guess whaaaaaaat."

Also for Best Buy I think exclusive Mega Man would've made more sense being the robot in the group for an electronics store.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm getting more concerned with potentially not getting a Rosalina amiibo, each day.
The fear is real.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
As someone who understands animation, it's a pet peeve of mine when people take a vaguely similar trait that two characters share and use that as basis to say they are look alikes.

I have to wonder if the people who mix up Rosalina with Elsa would mistake Mega Man for being Sonic or something.
I mean it's irritating to mistake Elsa and Rosalina from non-gamers, but honestly they're both awesome characters anyways so I just say, Rosalina in some of her dress attire can be based off Disney Princesses depending on the color matchup. Just for fun.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm honestly not a fan of Elsa at all, so that's why it irritates me a little more than some. Mainly when people compare them by personality, since there REALLY is very little similarity there. There's also the fact that Rosalina isn't a princess, so I kinda dislike her being grouped in as one just because she's a female character.

But that's all neither here, nor there.

In other news, Wave 3 is starting to pop up:

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Ugh the possibility of being unable to get any of wave 3 is so frustrating! Definitely preordering Robin, Lucina, and Pac- Man when they are available.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm currently very tight on money, so I could only afford to pre-order one Amiibo, so I picked Rosalina, since I've been looking forward to her more than any of the Amiibos, period.

Speaking of which, my order on her STILL hasn't shipped and release day is tomorrow... :\

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm honestly not a fan of Elsa at all, so that's why it irritates me a little more than some. Mainly when people compare them by personality, since there REALLY is very little similarity there. There's also the fact that Rosalina isn't a princess, so I kinda dislike her being grouped in as one just because she's a female character.

But that's all neither here, nor there.

In other news, Wave 3 is starting to pop up:

That is beautiful....
and I"m so jealous of that Elsa amiibo you've got

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Alright darlings. For those in the UK, if you type in 'amib' on GAME.co.uk, you'll see Wario and Charizard up for pre-order. GOGOGOGO.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I think this gives a good idea on how the stock for Wave 3 will be.

Sheik uncommon/rare.
Toon Link common.
Bowser "is anybody even buying these" status.

Also TRU seems to be putting them up for sale already. This particular photo comes from a TRU in Appleton, Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
BEHOOOLD the terrible quality of my webcam and the shining glory of those early-arrived toys of death and destruction!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I guess I can update the title of the thread.

Bummer, all the ones I want I still have a month wait for. I guess I at least the wait for my Marth import will help me pass the time.

My roommate will be happy about Toon Link though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://imgur.com/qskwPeB
http://i.imgur.com/SbPvgML.jpg

Looking over at NeoGAF, it seems that those release dates are just estimates. Seems more or less that they'll begin to arrive anywhere in between today and the given dates. Just depends on the store.

Sadly it's looking like this will make Wave 2a/2b look like child's play.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just found :falcon: at my local Toys R Us! They only had one (which was hidden behind several :4luigi: amiibos), but I was honestly surprised because they never have the rare ones.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544

.............Rosalina, The Bain of my existence..........
Hey...can you get me a Fox amiibo too...I promise, I'll pay for shipping...

In all seriousness, that's probably more amiibo than I'll ever see at a store in the States. You lucky foreigners:sadeyes:

Last edited:

CraftZ49

Smash Rookie
NNID
CraftZ49
The one time I try to order something from Japan, Marth, the forwarding company (Tenso) has one of the worst backups it has experienced. I've waited a full week now and they haven't even registered Marth ready for international shipping. Customer support is also backed up even after sending them all the info they needed to "start an investigation".

I wonder what is causing this sudden backup.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A lot of people are still talking about how their Rosalina Amiibo orders from European sites are still not even shipped yet, and my Amazon.de order is no exception.

She's the only one having this problem. People who ordered multiple other Amiibos have had their other ones shipped, but most of the time, the Rosalina isn't going anywhere.

Combined with the sudden cancellation of Rosalina orders at GameStop UK & Ireland, I am getting REALLY paranoid. It's safe to say I'm not getting her tomorrow anyway. It DOES say the expected delivery date is the 30th of January to the 2nd of February, but I feel like it should be shipped by now if that's the case. :\

Top Bottom