• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
For those of you who need certain Amiibo, Wal-Mart's website has some listed at $5 off! Smash Wii U is also on sale for quite a bit off!

Toys R Us also has some in-store sales going on!

http://AmiiboInquirer.com has all the details. It's my go-to website.

So I got this e-mail this morning regarding my Rosalina pre-order on GameStop.ie:

"This email is relating to your Order Number: (******) regarding the product ordered Amiibo Rosalina figure. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Nintendo advised us late yesterday evening that we will not be receiving this product.

The Rosalina figure is the only product affected regarding the Amiibo orders. Any customers that have multi orders will receive the remainder of the order.

This has now resulted in a lot of orders including yours been cancelled and refunded.

All Paypal orders will automatically reappear in your accounts however all Credit Card payments will reappear within 3/5 working days.

On behave of GameStop, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused at this time.

Kind regards, Gamestop Customer support UK and Ireland"

I know people in the UK have been getting this e-mail in the UK as well, but I'd also like to bring the following to people's attention:

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/...44/nintendo-amiibo-super-smash-bros-rosalina/

Smyths Ireland have started listing Rosalina as "TBC 2015", when they used to list her as coming on the 23rd of January. All other Wave 3 (EU) Amiibos had their dates moved to the 26th of January, but only Rosalina got the TBC 2015 date.

I recall the same thing happening to Little Mac when he was close to release, and sure enough, he has not showed up in Ireland at all.

So is Rosalina simply not coming to Ireland either? I'll be checking stores this week just in case, but it's not looking good.
I'm so sorry, man. That's horrible. I know how you feel. What the **** is wrong with Nintendo making Mac so rare?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At the very least I can still get Rosalina. I held onto my Amazon.de pre-order for her so as long as that sticks I am fine. I ordered the GameStop Rosalina merely becaus it's cheaper. I would then sell the Amazon Rosalina for a return or small profit, or to trade it for another figure.

However, my Amazon order isn't expected until the between the 30th or the 3rd, so I have to wait an extra week.

At least my friend got me this for Christmas, which just arrived on Monday:

D

Deleted member

For those of you who need certain Amiibo, Wal-Mart's website has some listed at $5 off!
Kirby and Pikachu are among the discounted. I think I'll pick them up now.

...Or not. Kirby's already sold out -__-

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What are the foreign amazon's that have rosalina?
It's the only one I cannot get secured. I figured by now I would have and wouldnt need to pay 25 each, but... it's too close to call now.
French and German?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What are the foreign amazon's that have rosalina?
It's the only one I cannot get secured. I figured by now I would have and wouldnt need to pay 25 each, but... it's too close to call now.
French and German?
Amazon.fr has her, but she goes for upwards of €35 ($40.62) now.

http://www.amazon.fr/Amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros-Harmonie/dp/B00Q6A56C0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421863712&sr=8-1&keywords=harmonie amiibo

Amazon.co.jp has her for 1,700 Yen ($14.41).

http://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-amiibo-ロゼッタ-チコ-大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズシリーズ/dp/B00PIEHUDS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421864007&sr=8-1&keywords=rosetta amiibo

EDIT: If buying from a Japanese site, you may want consider using an international forwarding service like Tenso, to make shipping cheaper:

http://www.tenso.com/en/

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Worth noting that (according to /r/amiibo), Amazon.jp doesn't ship to the US, so you WILL need to use a forwarding service.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
WHEN WILL WAVE 4 PREORDERS BE UP?!

I want to be sure to get Ness...:4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
WHEN WILL WAVE 4 PREORDERS BE UP?!

I want to be sure to get Ness...:4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness:
I've been keeping an eye on NowInStock, the reddit amiibo community, and here. If you follow those three places, you should know when they open up.

I'm really hoping they come up soon, because I want to get Pac-Man preordered and out of the way so I can stop worrying about it.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Speaking of, where have you guys preordered from, and where are the better places to preorder? (For America.)

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Hey guys, so I just bought a Link and Pikachu amiibo, I got my Link amiibo to level 23 and I left to class and shut my wii off. When I got back I turned the wii on and my link was level 1 again. I got him to level 9 then I wanted to tweak him and went into the amiibo settings and he went back to level 1. wtf is going on?

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Hey guys, so I just bought a Link and Pikachu amiibo, I got my Link amiibo to level 23 and I left to class and shut my wii off. When I got back I turned the wii on and my link was level 1 again. I got him to level 9 then I wanted to tweak him and went into the amiibo settings and he went back to level 1. wtf is going on?
Did you save it in between events?

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
how do you save it?
When you quit out of Smash mode, there's a screen that shows your amiibo on the right. On that screen, you should put your amiibo back onto the GamePad and it will save.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of, where have you guys preordered from, and where are the better places to preorder? (For America.)
Gamestop is reliable in always not pre ordering more then they can sell and also they notify me via text when certain games/amiibo come in. If you can get that service (I forget how) they are by far the best, the only other good one from what ive heard is Wal Mart, best buy is decent.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
When you quit out of Smash mode, there's a screen that shows your amiibo on the right. On that screen, you should put your amiibo back onto the GamePad and it will save.
Thanks for your help, when I quit out of smash it saved by itself so I think I should be good. Also does anyone know why the amiibo starts off with 30% damage already done to it?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Thanks for your help, when I quit out of smash it saved by itself so I think I should be good. Also does anyone know why the amiibo starts off with 30% damage already done to it?
Did you give it some kind of equipment with that as a negative effect?

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Welp, so far I have a :4yoshi: Amiibo (Bullseye) and have ordered a :4fox: Amiibo whom I plan on calling Foxenstien. I'm resetting Bullseye so I can train him to be no so Up-B spammish. I also train Amiibo without Custom Eqiupment, in case I get a chance to enter them in a tourney (for some reason). Any tips on how I should train them? (P.S. Also getting a Shulk amiibo when it comes out.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
The seller that I bought the Rosalina amiibo off of from amazon has a good seller rating so I can breathe easier.

I still need to decide names for my upcoming amiibo...

:4sheik: will be Impa, wasn't hard to think of at all.

:4tlink: I could make it red and name it Red Lions (after the King of Red Lions from Wind Waker). Or maybe Gulley, a character in A Link Between Worlds. I like Red Lions better.

:4sonic: yeah... no ideas. Maybe "Dash" or "Sprint", simple but cool names.

:rosalina: I want something galatic. Cosmo, Star Shine, Star Bit, or maybe just simply Galaxy. Star Shine and Galaxy I kinda like...

Any suggestions are welcomed :3

PF9

Smash Lord
Well, I'll be going to Target tomorrow or Friday, so I can get another Amiibo. I have 13.90 (this includes 7% sales tax where I live) set aside for it.

Dreamy Luigi, you should name your Rosalina Amiibo Elsa. Because Rosalina and Elsa (from Frozen) look very much alike.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The seller that I bought the Rosalina amiibo off of from amazon has a good seller rating so I can breathe easier.

:4tlink: I could make it red and name it Red Lions (after the King of Red Lions from Wind Waker). Or maybe Gulley, a character in A Link Between Worlds. I like Red Lions better.

:rosalina: I want something galatic. Cosmo, Star Shine, Star Bit, or maybe just simply Galaxy. Star Shine and Galaxy I kinda like...

:4sonic:
Sanic
Sanc
Hegehog
Sawnak
Blue Dork

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

:4sheik:Zelda:troll:
:4sonic:Big Blue
:4tlink:Young link
:rosalina:Galaxian

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
DUDE! Thanks so much! They just posted that Pit Amiibos are available for preorder at Gamestop and I TOTALLY GOT MINE DOWN!

https://twitter.com/AmiiboInq/status/558063673919668227
It's a great website. He's on Twitter and Facebook, too, obviously. He's been a great help to me. I'm glad you got Pit! I already got Pit a while back due to some great GameStop employees.

If anyone ever gets their hands on a Little Mac, I'd gladly buy it, even at a mark-up... I just can't bear to spend that AND spend like $20 in shipping on top of that... that's just insane.

Edit: While I was checking the Amiibo Inquirer facebook page, I saw that Amazon is price-matching Wal-Mart's Smash Bros. Wii U sale! It's like $20 off! $41.05! If you still need to buy Smash Wii U, NOW'S THE TIME!

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Well, I'll be going to Target tomorrow or Friday, so I can get another Amiibo. I have 13.90 (this includes 7% sales tax where I live) set aside for it.

Dreamy Luigi, you should name your Rosalina Amiibo Elsa. Because Rosalina and Elsa (from Frozen) look very much alike.
I actually considered Elsa for a moment, but I'm not really feeling that name. I actually like Frozen a bit though.

I tried buying the Pit amiibo but having gift card problems ;-; I don't really care though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I also recommend bookmarking the Amiibo subreddit and checking the "New" category regularly. Joining it is also good for whenever you need to ask a quick question.

Rosalina and Elsa (from Frozen) look very much alike.
Noooooooope

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It's a great website. He's on Twitter and Facebook, too, obviously. He's been a great help to me. I'm glad you got Pit! I already got Pit a while back due to some great GameStop employees.

If anyone ever gets their hands on a Little Mac, I'd gladly buy it, even at a mark-up... I just can't bear to spend that AND spend like $20 in shipping on top of that... that's just insane.

Edit: While I was checking the Amiibo Inquirer facebook page, I saw that Amazon is price-matching Wal-Mart's Smash Bros. Wii U sale! It's like $20 off! $41.05! If you still need to buy Smash Wii U, NOW'S THE TIME!
Thanks man. I have it set up that i get notifications on my phone every time he tweets something. BOY am I glad I did. I would've missed out if I hadn't.

Noooooooope
They're don't look alike, but they're commonly mistaken to be. Whenever people see the Rosalina Wallpaper on my phone, I always get the "Dude, is that Elsa?" reaction. Those uncultured swine...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thanks man. I have it set up that i get notifications on my phone every time he tweets something. BOY am I glad I did. I would've missed out if I hadn't.

They're don't look alike, but they're commonly mistaken to be. Whenever people see the Rosalina Wallpaper on my phone, I always get the "Dude, is that Elsa?" reaction. Those uncultured swine...
As someone who understands animation, it's a pet peeve of mine when people take a vaguely similar trait that two characters share and use that as basis to say they are look alikes.

I have to wonder if the people who mix up Rosalina with Elsa would mistake Mega Man for being Sonic or something.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Speaking of next wave, I'm surprised Megaman isn't pre-order sold out. I thought he'd be quite popular.

On a side note, isn't there an issue with Lucario in Canada currently, as Target are closing their stores in Cannuck Land? Or whatever Amiibo that's target exclusive

Top Bottom