• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Except "No street date" which means that they can just start selling when they arrive.

Time to get friendly with the closest Gamestop :p
Oh god dang it.

At least I walk by the GameStop that I ordered Shulk at pretty frequently because I work in the same plaza.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

.............Rosalina, The Bain of my existence..........
I wish my local stores were fully stocked like this.

I have all Wave 1 and 2 amiibos except Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Villager, Marth, and Wii Fit Trainer.

I want all Wave 3 amiibos... :crazy:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
The more I look at Sheik's amiibo the more I see how ugly her hair is. Might be the ugliest amiibo I'll own .-.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
A lot of people are still talking about how their Rosalina Amiibo orders from European sites are still not even shipped yet, and my Amazon.de order is no exception.
I think it's mostly due to the fact that they are released on this Friday in most of Europe, and after picking it up he'd have to ship it which he'd do the next day. So yeah

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it's mostly due to the fact that they are released on this Friday in most of Europe, and after picking it up he'd have to ship it which he'd do the next day. So yeah
Not everyone is having this problem, though. The majority are, but not everyone.

I'm getting worried that some of these pre-orders are being turned into back orders or something....

EDIT: NEVER MIND, they FINALLY charged my card and the status changed from "Not yet shipped" to "Shipping will be prepared"! :D

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My :4lucario: shipped, but :rosalina:hasn't yet, both from Amazon Italy. (to the US)
I'm in the same boat (with Rosalina not shipping from Italy).

If they cancel my order, I'll cry because this is my only shot at getting Rosalia's amiibo.

#praying

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is Rosalina really that uncommon? I was planning to purchase her as well as Toon Link and maybe Pit tomorrow?

Oh well, if I don't find her I suppose I'll probably buy Zelda instead for now.... :/

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Is Rosalina really that uncommon? I was planning to purchase her as well as Toon Link and maybe Pit tomorrow?

Oh well, if I don't find her I suppose I'll probably buy Zelda instead for now.... :/
I think it's the fact that she's a Target exclusive in the US, combined with the fact that (apparently) Target's having a ton of issues with the preorders.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Totally didn't just drive an hour out to Vernon Hills to buy amiibos. That would have been ridiculous.

I also totally didn't fall in the store and land on my knee. (Okay maybe I did..)
image.jpg

Btw, they will try and fight you on Lucario. They will tell you that he can't be sold until the 31st, but that's not true, you just need to not accept no for an answer. For me, the store told us he would be able to be bought today. And we didn't leave without him!

If you guys are wondering how the stock looked, I'd say there were 20 Lucario, 20 Toon Link, 8 Sheik, and 20+ of Bowser. But ay, if anyone is in Illinois looking for Amiibos, hit this Toys R' Us up.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think it's the fact that she's a Target exclusive in the US, combined with the fact that (apparently) Target's having a ton of issues with the preorders.
Oh I see, guess I'll check for myself if Argos or Game has any in stock. Hopefully they do. I mean it's the launch day of wave three, they should have them........ I hope....

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Genuinely popular character + vague resemblance to popular Disney character + US exclusivity + Man trying to hate buy them in bulk + general scalpers + US fans importing half of the European stock + GameStop UK/Ireland suddenly not being able to fulfill pre-orders = Rosalina is basically gonna be a "legendary Amiibo" for a while.

You should be fine on launch day though, if you go for opening hours. GameStop isn't getting her at all though, in the UK.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Genuinely popular character + vague resemblance to popular Disney character + US exclusivity + Man trying to hate buy them in bulk + general scalpers + US fans importing half of the European stock + GameStop UK/Ireland suddenly not being able to fulfill pre-orders = Rosalina is basically gonna be a "legendary Amiibo" for a while.

You should be fine on launch day though, if you go for opening hours. GameStop isn't getting her at all though, in the UK.
I'm so glad I managed to preorder one at 5:00 in the morning that one day, thank you based mother.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Oh.... well I'll check eitherway. I managed to get the Marth and Villager Amiibo's pretty easily and they became pretty rare too around their time so with some luck I might get my hands on a Rosalina Amiibo too if I get there as early as possible (on opening hours like you suggested.) I'll check Argos first anyway, mainly because Amiibo's are cheaper there compared to Game. Thanks for letting me know btw.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

I can already see someone filling up the Rosalina Amiibo rack with Elsa Infinity figures. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an employee either.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I am so scared for Wave 3's release. At this point I am a completionist and I have a feeling I won't be anymore after this wave.
And yes, I actually open them and play with care :174:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I haven't been able to secure a Meta Knight or Rosalina :(
International Forwarding didn't work out for me.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
For some reason I'm naively calm about Rosalina. I have a $10 Target gift card to cover most of the costs but I should probably expect to not see her for a few months at least. I won't let the scalpers get to me this time. Pit shows me that there is hope of restock (hopefully my order doesn't get cancelled)

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I wish my local stores were fully stocked like this.

I have all Wave 1 and 2 amiibos except Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Villager, Marth, and Wii Fit Trainer.

I want all Wave 3 amiibos... :crazy:
It's a dream come true :')

Well I have Sheik, Sonic, Toon Link, Shulk, Ike, & Mega Man preordered at GS. Hopefully it doesn't mean I'm screwed when they release them. I hope they inform me first.

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Warning Received
Stressed about the single amiibo I don't have of next wave.
Waiting on orders of the wave after that.
Balancing receipts and shipments and spreadsheets from previous waves.
Nearly out of expendable income.
Hoping nothing gets cancelled, which seems more likely, daily.
...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

My dad lives in North Carolina near a best buy, and he goes to Florida frequently for medical reasons (with another best buy) so I'm not losing hope on Meta Knight.
I've got the South Florida market covered. And I mean, COVERED, bro. If you need help, if it's anywhere South of Orlando, ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Going out in the AM to see if I can get a Lucario.

If anyone has more than one Little Mac, or lives in a country where they sell Little Mac, I will pay you for one. PM me. Little Mac is the only one I can't seem to get for a reasonable price. Thank you! :4littlemac:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I dunno if any of the stores around here will break street date but I won't be buying any until next week. I already bought 4 amiibos this week, including a $30 Marth and paying off my Shulk preorder. Hopefully I can pick up an Ike next week.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I need to call gamestop today. I really hope that they didn't break the street date. If they did, I have no chances of getting Shulk locally.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I'm currently very tight on money, so I could only afford to pre-order one Amiibo, so I picked Rosalina, since I've been looking forward to her more than any of the Amiibos, period.

Speaking of which, my order on her STILL hasn't shipped and release day is tomorrow... :\
I thought release day was the 20th of february?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought release day was the 20th of february?
For Europe:

Rosalina, Lucario, Bowser, Toon Link, Sheik, Ike - 23rd of January

Shulk, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Sonic, Mega Man - 20th of February

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
My Rosalina amiibo should be coming soon. I don't know if I will have the same problem as everyone else as I ordered from a japanese importing site.

I really need to have my mom check to see if it shipped yet.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gosh these Amiibo's really are harder to find than I thought. I couldn't even get ahold of Zelda or Pit.... I did thankfully manage to get Toon Link though (Although even of him there was only one left...) it's mostly the Wave 1 Amiibo's I could find. Eitherway I will be going on to an interview today so I'll try my luck again around its shopping centre.

I do really love how Toon Link looks, he looks great! :grin: Now just to wait for Ness....

Last edited:

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Went to Toys R Us yesterday after hearing they had Wave 3's. They had 4 Toon Links and 3 Bowsers, but no Shieks or Lucarios. As in, they didn't get any shipments of them yet. The associate I talked to said that they also aren't selling Lucario until the 1st even if they had him, but their Nintendo rep said there is no guarantee that store will get more than their preorders. This seems to contradict some other reports of stores getting like, 2 Bowser and 20 Lucario.

The store exclusives are the only ones I don't have pre-ordered, why can't they just be plentiful?!

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Went to Toys R Us yesterday after hearing they had Wave 3's. They had 4 Toon Links and 3 Bowsers, but no Shieks or Lucarios. As in, they didn't get any shipments of them yet. The associate I talked to said that they also aren't selling Lucario until the 1st even if they had him, but their Nintendo rep said there is no guarantee that store will get more than their preorders. This seems to contradict some other reports of stores getting like, 2 Bowser and 20 Lucario.

The store exclusives are the only ones I don't have pre-ordered, why can't they just be plentiful?!
The store might not be entirely truthful on what they got or not. My local branch told us that they got them but wouldn't actually put them out yet, and said they wouldn't be getting Sheik until the 31st. But if you check other stores, chances are you'll be able to find them on shelf. Lots of TRU caved and put them out.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
The store might not be entirely truthful on what they got or not. My local branch told us that they got them but wouldn't actually put them out yet, and said they wouldn't be getting Sheik until the 31st. But if you check other stores, chances are you'll be able to find them on shelf. Lots of TRU caved and put them out.
Only problem is there's just the one TRU within a reasonable distance to me. I've got every other amiibo preordered at GameStop expect for Lucario, RosaLuma, and Meta Knight. I definitely plan on going out the morning of the 1st and hopefully will luck out.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Only problem is there's just the one TRU within a reasonable distance to me. I've got every other amiibo preordered at GameStop expect for Lucario, RosaLuma, and Meta Knight. I definitely plan on going out the morning of the 1st and hopefully will luck out.
I see. Well, the one I went to wasn't exactly reasonable. It was an hour or so away to get there. But defiantly worth it.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
I see. Well, the one I went to wasn't exactly reasonable. It was an hour or so away to get there. But defiantly worth it.
I'm planning on visiting a buddy in North Carolina at some point in February. If I can't find one before then, maybe I'll hit up the TRUs that are on the way.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I'm planning on visiting a buddy in North Carolina at some point in February. If I can't find one before then, maybe I'll hit up the TRUs that are on the way.
People that you don't live close to can be very helpful if they're willing to get up and check their store. Especially since rarity can vary from state to state.

Also if you haven't yet, I highly recommend setting up an account at nowinstock.net. It's how I got a hold of my Rosalina, and if you set up to get notifications from amazon.de, you're pretty much covered in terms of updates. And they do text alerts.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
With my birthday around the corner and my left over Christmas money, I feel that this will be a great time to start going on an amiibo hunt.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
So today I went to a few stores, and in total there was 1 Bowser, about 9 Sheiks on display. That was it for wave 3.
Thankfully I still got my Rosalina and Ike preorders.

I also learnt something weird: apparently the reason Shulk isn't displayed on French retailers' websites is because he is scheduled to release in Wave 4, with Robin and Lucina.... I don't know what to think of this...

EDIT: Just checked a French retailer: Rosalina and Little Mac for 75euros....

Last edited:
Top Bottom