• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
So today I went to a few stores, and in total there was 1 Bowser, about 9 Sheiks on display. That was it for wave 3.
Thankfully I still got my Rosalina and Ike preorders.

I also learnt something weird: apparently the reason Shulk isn't displayed on French retailers' websites is because he is scheduled to release in Wave 4, with Robin and Lucina.... I don't know what to think of this...
What area, if you don't mind me asking? Bowser seems to be overflowing around here.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
What area, if you don't mind me asking? Bowser seems to be overflowing around here.
France, you can get a lot of rare amiibos easily, but there's nearly no amiibo on display, only about 14 on display in one store, and mainly Mario Peach and DK.
I would suggest checking French websites though.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
France, you can get a lot of rare amiibos easily, but there's nearly no amiibo on display, only about 14 on display in one store, and mainly Mario Peach and DK.
I would suggest checking French websites though.
Interesting. I'm still looking out for Meta Knight, and I promised my best friend that I'd get her a Rosalina amiibo.

I somewhat regret that, seeing how tough it is to get her. At least I got mine though

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. I'm still looking out for Meta Knight, and I promised my best friend that I'd get her a Rosalina amiibo.

I somewhat regret that, seeing how tough it is to get her. At least I got mine though
Well I have seen Rosalina on a few French websites, but I haven't seen a single MK or DDD. Unfortunately, the store from which I got Rosalina doesn't list her on their website anymore, and other retailers are way overpriced. You could try amazon.fr for her, I believe she's on it for about 35euros

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Secured a rosalina and meta knight and i think less of myself for it.

Im gonna seek counseling.

16BitGeek

Smash Rookie
NNID
16BitGeek
Totally didn't just drive an hour out to Vernon Hills to buy amiibos. That would have been ridiculous.

I also totally didn't fall in the store and land on my knee. (Okay maybe I did..)View attachment 36587

Btw, they will try and fight you on Lucario. They will tell you that he can't be sold until the 31st, but that's not true, you just need to not accept no for an answer. For me, the store told us he would be able to be bought today. And we didn't leave without him!

If you guys are wondering how the stock looked, I'd say there were 20 Lucario, 20 Toon Link, 8 Sheik, and 20+ of Bowser. But ay, if anyone is in Illinois looking for Amiibos, hit this Toys R' Us up.
Thank you for posting this! I went to this Toys R' Us this morning and managed to get myself a Toon Link and a Sheik. No Lucario though, said that they're being held for pre order and can't sell till the 30th. Guess I'll come back then lol. The 40 minute drive to get there this morning was worth it.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
It finally happened I got Meta knight and Rosaluma :'):4metaknight::rosalina:
It is such a wonderful day :3 I can have peace fro these amiibo shenanigans
What with wave 4 on Pre-ordered. :4ness::4pacman::4wario::4charizard::4robinm::4lucina:
So is this how I shall display them all
:4luigi::4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4falcon::4villager:____________:4greninja::4palutena::4robinm:
:4ness::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4wiifit:____________:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:
:4peach::4bowser::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik::popo::4marth:____________:4wario::rosalina::4bowserjr:
:4pit::4myfriends::4zss::4charizard::4diddy::4metaknight::lucas:____________:4falco::4littlemac::4shulk:
:4dedede::4olimar::4lucario::4tlink::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:____________:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Thank you for posting this! I went to this Toys R' Us this morning and managed to get myself a Toon Link and a Sheik. No Lucario though, said that they're being held for pre order and can't sell till the 30th. Guess I'll come back then lol. The 40 minute drive to get there this morning was worth it.
they sold me one, but the way I got around it was because they said that they would be able to sell me all of them, and then we drove out there and we were denied. With a bit of arguing, we managed to pick one up.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I'm such a fool! I missed the chance to reserve the last Wii Fit Trainer at my nearest Argos. It was at retail price too...

Gosh darnit.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Guys, I just drove 93 miles (one way) and paid $35 for a Little Mac.

I don't regret it. Not yet, anyway. Mac was the only one I had no chance of getting. The scalper guy was pretty nice. I honestly harbor no ill will towards him. If not for him, I might never own a Little Mac!

Before that, though, I went to Toys R Us this morning, as soon as they opened. They had Bowser, but no Sheik, Toon Link, or Lucario. Either they were ALL bought last night, or they (more likely) just haven't received them yet. The employee scanned the SKUs for me, and they were listed as out of stock.

Looks like I might just be on track for a 1/30 shopping run to TRU, and I'm okay with that. I like that way better than TRU breaking street date and selling all the stock in the cover of night, so to speak.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apparently, even Sakurai himself can't get the ones he wants because they're all sold out. This **** is bananas.
Actually, he can. He gets them early. He mentioned Lucario and Meta Knight in the post today, but we know he already had those. He was just commenting on how he never sees those guys when casually walking about.

-----------

I present to you, my cost-efficient method of safe Amiibo transportation, for those of you lacking an official carrying case!

Brought them with me in a cold van like this and they didn't budge at all, and no damage or anything!

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Well, I went to Target today and finally got a second Amiibo, it was Kirby. I need to think of a good name for this one, perhaps Munchlax since Kirby likes to eat just as much as Munchlax?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Guys, I just drove 93 miles and paid $35 for a Little Mac.
And I thought I had to jump through hoops to get my Mac. My pre-order was accidentally sold, so I had to go somewhere else. For once, I got lucky, and had them hold it for me, because they thought it wasn't out yet for some reason.

Right now, I am very happy that I don't care about Meta-Knight, Rosalina, Lucario or Shulk.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wish I didnt care about Rosalina.
But alas I want a full set, because I hate myself.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I called my gamestop and they said they will not be breaking the street date for Wave 3

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I wish I didnt care about Rosalina.
But alas I want a full set, because I hate myself.
I wanted the full set at first too, but after missing out on Marth/Villager and hearing about the exclusives, I just said **** it. Now I'm just going to get the characters I like best.

So :4mario::4luigi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4falcon::4littlemac: down, :4bowser::4dedede::4megaman: :4ness::4wario:pre-ordered, and :4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw: :mewtwopm:to go.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Well I'm going to a melee tournament that is at a mall. Hopefully I can get in some Amiibo hunting while I'm there. Lol

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wanted the full set at first too, but after missing out on Marth/Villager and hearing about the exclusives, I just said **** it. Now I'm just going to get the characters I like best.

So :4mario::4luigi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4falcon::4littlemac: down, :4bowser::4dedede::4megaman: :4ness::4wario:pre-ordered, and :4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw: :mewtwopm:to go.
My favorites are Rosalina and Duck Hunt Dog. Doesn't seem that method would work for me.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I thought of a good name for my Toon Link amiibo. It might come on the day Majora's Mask 3D releases (sometime around there), and since Toon Link is a lot like Young Link, I thought I could base it off that game. Maybe simply Majora, or Skull Kid, or something else. My favorite costume for Toon Link is purple so it'd be fitting :p

Last edited:

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Stressed about the single amiibo I don't have of next wave.
Waiting on orders of the wave after that.
Balancing receipts and shipments and spreadsheets from previous waves.
Nearly out of expendable income.
Hoping nothing gets cancelled, which seems more likely, daily.
...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

I've got the South Florida market covered. And I mean, COVERED, bro. If you need help, if it's anywhere South of Orlando, ask me.
Awesome. I'll see what my dad can do, but if I get no luck, I'll contact you.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
So my Majoras Mask XL got canceled. Still pissed. Best Buy offered $50 credit, which I would love to spend on amiibos, but wait. They don't have them in stock. Not even their own exclusive.

Anyone want to sell theirs to me? I'll pay a bit extra.

No really :/

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Awesome. I'll see what my dad can do, but if I get no luck, I'll contact you.
Can provide a lot of information- cannot, of course, tell you a certainty to get anything. I myself have no certainties. When it comes to these things, it's each country, store location, and individual for himself-- it seems. Bloody Nintendo.

So my Majoras Mask XL got canceled. Still pissed. Best Buy offered $50 credit, which I would love to spend on amiibos, but wait. They don't have them in stock. Not even their own exclusive.

Anyone want to sell theirs to me? I'll pay a bit extra.

No really :/
If you have a Rosalina, I've got an extra I'd be willing to trade of, I think, any other character.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I recieved my :4bowser: yesterday per mail and I have to say he is my favorite amiibo, yet.
I like the overall weight and feel as well as the paint job and the popping colours. Such a cool amiibo <3

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I only have :4mario::4luigi::4falcon:&:4dk:
All I need now are :4drmario::4ganondorf::4rob::4bowserjr::4shulk::4duckhunt::4pacman:&:4miibrawl:to be confirmed and I'll be all set!
Might pick up :4sonic:&:4megaman: because 3rd party.
Also might invest in :4charizard::rosalina::4wario::4fox:when I can,and :4falco:&:4gaw:whenever confirmed.
And,if they ever get amiibos,I'll certainly pick up :mewtwomelee:,and :wolf:if he's EVER confirmed for DLC... Also,@http://smashboards.com/members/doodleduck97.264427/,you're lucky to have a store that stocks that many amiibos.I only have a few stores and it's the same general ones everytime.
It makes me legit mad.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I only have :4mario::4luigi::4falcon:&:4dk:
All I need now are :4drmario::4ganondorf::4rob::4bowserjr::4shulk::4duckhunt::4pacman:&:4miibrawl:to be confirmed and I'll be all set!
Might pick up :4sonic:&:4megaman: because 3rd party.
Also might invest in :4charizard::rosalina::4wario::4fox:when I can,and :4falco:&:4gaw:whenever confirmed.
And,if they ever get amiibos,I'll certainly pick up :mewtwomelee:,and :wolf:if he's EVER confirmed for DLC... Also,@http://smashboards.com/members/doodleduck97.264427/,you're lucky to have a store that stocks that many amiibos.I only have a few stores and it's the same general ones everytime.
It makes me legit mad.
Just thought I would point out man. That store wasn't mine, in fact I could only wish to live near a store like that.
The closet store to me is a drive away. It Sucks. I have ordered every single one of these from online Pre-orders and the likes.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4peach::4yoshi::4bowser::rosalina::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4tlink::4fox::4fox::4falcon::4falcon::4samus::4wiifit::4marth::4myfriends::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4pit::4villager::4villager::4villager::4robinm::4lucina::4littlemac::4sonic::4megaman::4megaman::4pacman::4pacman::4shulk::4ness::4ness:
Bar ironically two of the rarest.:4villager::4wiifit: could of had Marth but meh. can't win em all.
Luckily though I have them all now so ican relax till the following 12 come along
:4bowserjr::4drmario::4darkpit::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4olimar::4palutena:

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Just thought I would point out man. That store wasn't mine, in fact I could only wish to live near a store like that.
The closet store to me is a drive away. It Sucks. I have ordered every single one of these from online Pre-orders and the likes.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4peach::4yoshi::4bowser::rosalina::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4tlink::4fox::4fox::4falcon::4falcon::4samus::4wiifit::4marth::4myfriends::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4pit::4villager::4villager::4villager::4robinm::4lucina::4littlemac::4sonic::4megaman::4megaman::4pacman::4pacman::4shulk::4ness::4ness:
Bar ironically two of the rarest.:4villager::4wiifit: could of had Marth but meh. can't win em all.
Luckily though I have them all now so ican relax till the following 12 come along
:4bowserjr::4drmario::4darkpit::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4olimar::4palutena:
Oh,OK.
Just wondering,though,anybody willing to bet on :4bowserjr:being Babies R Us exclusive?
Or how about :4drmario: being exclusive to CVS...or something like that...

Top Bottom