• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So I went to my nearest Smyths today, and lo behold, they had completely sold out of Wave 3.
They only had Peach, Pikachu, Link, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Kirby, so I ended up getting Donkey Kong to complete the Original 8.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Looks as if Mario may be exclusive to mario party 10 bundle, i wont be getting on that amiibo train.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
I'll be getting Sheik soon, along with Fox and hopefully Lucario. Are the rumors about Lucario and fox being rare true or not?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'll be getting Sheik soon, along with Fox and hopefully Lucario. Are the rumors about Lucario and fox being rare true or not?
Apparently fox has been discontinued. Although there appears to have been more fox amiibo made then some others. I think eventually the smash bros amiibo line will be phased out entirely.

Lucario is toys r us exclusive which narrows down his obtainablilty. He seems to be easier to get then the other retailer exclusives.

Based on the market trends of the amiibos. I would guess the smash bros line was testing the waters, and will be phased out. I expect major characters like mario, luigi, peach, and toad Will be mainstays with this new line. Other main characters from other franchises will probably be released along side their games. Minor characters will probably be ar cards.

Last edited:

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
My dad is heading to Toys R Us and Best Buy today to get an amiibo for me at 11:30 am EST. I'll post the results here.
Right now he's seeing if he can get a Meta Knight or D3 reserved for me.
Toys R Us only all of waves 1 and 2 sans the rare 4 and Yoshi.
Best Buy's shelf stock had the same but with Yoshi.

boooooo.

Update: No dice on Meta Knight or Dedede. He said he's heading to Gamestop to see what they have there.
Update 2: No good on shelf stock. They said they weren't even doing preorders yet for Shulk or Dedede.
Final Update: He went to Target. They had Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, and Captain Falcon on shelves but they sold out. No Rosalina or Dedede preorders.

He said he'll just give me a credit card so I can get them when they pop up online.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Imagine giving that to a kid in birthday wrapping.

EDIT: YES IT FINALLY HAPPENED

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Do you think we'll see a pokemon line for amiibo?

I'm personally hoping for cards with nfc chips in them. Good excuse to collect pokemon cards again.

PF9

Smash Lord
finished leveling up my Pikachu Amiibo, The Brain, to level 50 today

gained 11 levels from 37 during a 30 stock match teamed with me against Mario and Yoshi, and then the final 2 levels after the match

ErenJager

Smash Champion
My wallet has determined that I will only collect smash series amiibo, and i hope to god there isnt alts like koopalings and alf. But i do hope for a mewtwo.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I finally settled on just collecting only smash amiibo. Beyond that Im just gonna cherry pick ones I like and not bother with collecting for a while.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Uh-huuh, I think people are missing the fact I posted that image and was was excited that it finally happened. :chuckle:

I think there's been some serious confusion here....

My bad, I looked at it and it glitches and your signature appeared instead.

Mobile, eh.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So....

Zelda is DANGEROUSLY low stock in Ireland all of a sudden.

There is one left in stock in a local store.

I have literally the exact amount of money needed to buy her left in my bank, so I could buy her. But then I am literally broke until Friday....where there isn't even a guarantee I will get money considering the student grants have been so unreliable this year, for me at least.

UGH. Decisions, decisions.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I planned to only get the Toad amiibo from the Mario line but now I might get Luigi's too. His pose is much better than his Smash pose. Though I already have the Smash Luigi amiibo and I hate those red bases.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE AMAZON UK....

...Or, I suppose "too much" would be more appropriate here...

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Lol what up will all the fuss about the holy trinity being so rare? I went up to a game store about a mile away a couple of weeks ago and saw about 5 marths, 2 Wii Fits and the last Villager was just sold literally a minute before I came in according to a cashier. I'm not sure if it's the US having a crap supply, or the demand is lower in the UK, but I easily snagged myself a Marth amiibo. Little Mac and Captain Falcon however...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lol what up will all the fuss about the holy trinity being so rare? I went up to a game store about a mile away a couple of weeks ago and saw about 5 marths, 2 Wii Fits and the last Villager was just sold literally a minute before I came in according to a cashier. I'm not sure if it's the US having a crap supply, or the demand is lower in the UK, but I easily snagged myself a Marth amiibo. Little Mac and Captain Falcon however...
You just got really lucky.

I did too, but they are all sold out now where I live. Glad I jumped on it. Even managed to get a WFT and a Pit for a friend, as well as myself. On separate days too.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'll be right back, I'm moving to the UK.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I dunno man, I'm still seeing one or two pits every now and then.
The "one or two" and "every now and then" are your clues that he's rare.

There's literally two Pits left in the entirety of Argos stores in Ireland right now, for example, and nowhere else has him here.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
The "one or two" and "every now and then" are your clues that he's rare.

There's literally two Pits left in the entirety of Argos stores in Ireland right now, for example, and nowhere else has him here.
Let me put it in perspective. I go into a game store every day, ever since Wave 2 had been released, I have never seen a Little Mac or Captain Falcon. Seeing pits 1 month after release and still no sign of the formers shows to me, he's not as rare as some would have me believe. I don't really know what the situation is like in your area, but I'm still seeing the rare amiibos.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Let me put it in perspective. I go into a game store every day, ever since Wave 2 had been released, I have never seen a Little Mac or Captain Falcon. Seeing pits 1 month after release and still no sign of the formers shows to me, he's not as rare as some would have me believe. I don't really know what the situation is like in your area, but I'm still seeing the rare amiibos.
The holy trinity were still available to buy MORE than a month after release where I live (nearly two months in fact), but that doesn't mean they weren't rare. They sold out soon after I got around to buying them.

It's just that outside of the US, not many people know their Pits and their Marths.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I understand.Some kids at my school can't find Falcon anywhere.Lucky I got one from Ohio.They had 2.One for me,one for my brother.
Also,on an unrelated note,it's too obvious that any remaining arcades in the world will obviously carry :4gaw: as an exclusive.
"10/10 Can't find again"-IGN

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I understand.Some kids at my school can't find Falcon anywhere.Lucky I got one from Ohio.They had 2.One for me,one for my brother.
Also,on an unrelated note,it's too obvious that any remaining arcades in the world will obviously carry :4gaw: as an exclusive.
"10/10 Can't find again"-IGN
IGN-7.8/10 "Too much water from the tears we shed after dealing with scalpers"

Last edited:
Top Bottom