• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
It's not even February yet, what the heck? And I'm now paranoid about this again.
One of the Nintendo employees mentioned when I was buying my amiibo that some TRUs in Brooklyn already broke the street date for Wave 3...

...now, I don't live near there, but to those of you that do...

*gets stampeded by hundreds of amiibo hungry Smashboards members*

D

Deleted member

One of the Nintendo employees mentioned when I was buying my amiibo that some TRUs in Brooklyn already broke the street date for Wave 3...

...now, I don't live near there, but to those of you that do...

*gets stampeded by hundreds of amiibo hungry Smashboards members*
Yeah, I know TRU has broken the street date, but Shulk is only available at GameStop, and GameStop has said that they will stock the figures as soon as they are received.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Yeah, I know TRU has broken the street date, but Shulk is only available at GameStop, and GameStop has said that they will stock the figures as soon as they are received.
but Lucario
they will all go after Lucario
I won't because I have what I want from Wave 3
but blood will be shed for that blue Anubis ninja-jackal

D

Deleted member

but Lucario
they will all go after Lucario
I won't because I have what I want from Wave 3
but blood will be shed for that blue Anubis ninja-jackal
I'm just glad that I don't care for Lucario. All I want from wave 3 is Shulk, so I can rest easy knowing that I won't be mobbed at a Toys R Us over a figure.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I'm just glad that I don't care for Lucario. All I want from wave 3 is Shulk, so I can rest easy knowing that I won't be mobbed at a Toys R Us over a figure.
Yeah, I've already preordered Shulk online, so at this point all I have to hunt for is Fox...

...crap

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Warning Received
Not everyone wants to collect them all though. Even if someone knew a figure was super rare, they are not gonna get it if they are a casual collector (i.e. only getting characters they know and love) and don't know the character. Hence, they don't get eaten up as quickly. It's only a matter of time before the last few are taken though.
We'll see really. I'm gonna start hunting next week for Wave 3, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Yeah, I've already preordered Shulk online, so at this point all I have to hunt for is Fox...

...crap
he's common as hell from what I've heard.

THERE IS LITERALLY 13 ROSALINAS JUST SITTING THERE

GOSH DARN GERMANY
do you happen to know what that store is called? I'm going to Germany on a school trip in about two weeks, hopefully I'll snag a couple and finally be proud of my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Mega Man definitely joins the ranks of Yoshi, Kirby, Pikachu, Toon Link, Samus, Bowser, and Rosalina. He's one of the best, easily.
I think Yoshi is the second worst amiibo of wave one; I will not ever get over that nose seam.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
GODDAMNIT
I didnt order a Rosalina this morning off ebay, ready to buy, for 18 dollars. And now it went up another 15 dollars. GAHHH
I caved in and ordered Japanese Rosalina, Meta Knight, and Lucario off eBay. All three for $60 total, fine. I'll take it before they really skyrocket in price. Shulk... Still looking for a good priced one. The rest are all okay and preordered at GameStop.
Where was that?

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
GODDAMNIT
I didnt order a Rosalina this morning off ebay, ready to buy, for 18 dollars. And now it went up another 15 dollars. GAHHH

Where was that?
I tried getting Fox twice the past hour, and both ran out immediately despite me putting in bids the last seconds. They weren't at bad prices either...

it's only going to get harder from here on out, friends

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't know what shotty Gamestop is near you, but the ones near me are adamant about not stocking the items until the release date. They are the only American location to not ever cancel preorders, too. Amazon, Walmart, Toys R Us, Target, and Best Buy, all have massive reports of having done so.

BUT I just ordered a Rosalina. 27 dollars after shipping, but not super upset about it. Cannot let it pass by me. And if I happen to get a cheaper set of two, I can always resell at that exact value.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
is anyone else camping outside of their target for rosalina
:rosalina: such an annoyance ! i shouldn't have to worry this much about stuff like this.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
is anyone else camping outside of their target for rosalina
:rosalina:
More or less, yes.

Amiibo Inquirer is reporting that getting a Rosalina in America might not be too bad: several stores are reporting stocks of 30 units for store shelves. They are holding fast to their 2/1 street date. This is all fantastic news.

Now, terrible news. We still have no idea when Best Buy will begin selling Meta Knight, and at leat one BB store is only reporting FIVE units to "stock" shelves with, after pre-orders. Probably best to purchase Meta Knight overseas, if you can stomach the cost.

Purio

Smash Cadet
GODDAMNIT

Where was that?
eBay. You gotta be pretty dedicated to the search, as good deals come and go fast! Single I see Rosalina going for about $27. Meta Knight and Lucario for $21 each, and Shulk at like $30. It's either be patient and wait and see if you can get a better deal or find in stores on release, or just go ahead and grab a good deal when you see it. I usually find the best deals to be when they are comboed. At $60 for 3, that's $20 each, good deal I'll take it! Better than going crazy the morning of release and hunting... Which now with broken street dates makes it harder.

Also eBay search "Rosetta Amiibo" I see Rosetta are much cheaper than Rosalina. Currently cheapest Rosalina is $29.98, while the cheapest Rosetta is $22.99. Saving $7 is a better deal. ;)

... I am still debating on Shulk. Cheapest now is $27.98, but my local GameStop says that they wont break the street date and they aren't taking preorders on Shulk so first come first serve. If I go on opening I can pick up my preorders, and hopefully get him too. If not I'll just spend the $27 before he jumps up like Mac and Pit. Although luckily I grabbed both Mac and Pit from a Japanese Amazon seller for a total of $40. ... Which was really lucky since now they go for $40 each! XD

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
@ Purio Purio Funny you should mention all that. Just bought a Japanese Meta Knight off eBay for $30, no other taxes, fees, or shipping costs. Just $30. Can't beat it. Lucario and Rosalina ought to be easy enough to get, and it's a one-and-done deal on 2/1. With Meta Knight still having no real release date and stocks being reported so low, why give Best Buy your money and let them waste your time? At least the other retailers conduct themselves somewhat professionally.

If they ever give out a release date for Meta Knight in America, I'll still go buy one for $13 and use it to trade for something I might miss later. Win-win... at the cost of $15. Not bad.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sorry for the double post. Sometimes when I'm posting from home, my 3DS does this.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm surprised anyone could find Best Buy less reputable than any other retailer that isn't Gamestop.
Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Toys R Us, and Best Buy have ALL had a number of extremely unprofessional practices when it comes to these amiibo. Absolutely dreadful.

I also fear wave 4. I thought by wave 3 everyone would see that they need to preorder to get them. I see I was wrong, on this thread, as many expected to be able to get them even recently. I only missed Rosalina, and that was unavoidable with how Target handled the entire situation. I really did not want to spend over 14 dollars (TRU price) on another amiibo again. Damned 27 dollar Rosalina... but at least double the price is all it was.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I'm surprised anyone could find Best Buy less reputable than any other retailer that isn't Gamestop.
Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Toys R Us, and Best Buy have ALL had a number of extremely unprofessional practices when it comes to these amiibo. Absolutely dreadful.

I also fear wave 4. I thought by wave 3 everyone would see that they need to preorder to get them. I see I was wrong, on this thread, as many expected to be able to get them even recently. I only missed Rosalina, and that was unavoidable with how Target handled the entire situation. I really did not want to spend over 14 dollars (TRU price) on another amiibo again. Damned 27 dollar Rosalina... but at least double the price is all it was.
I just hope Wave 4 is not like wave 2 where I wont even be able to pre-order.

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
THERE IS LITERALLY 13 ROSALINAS JUST SITTING THERE

GOSH DARN GERMANY
What store is that? From the looks of it, I'd guess MediaMarkt but I checked mine and they had N O T H I N G. Literally just leftovers from wave 1 and 2, no wave 3 Amiibo whatsoever. Gonna check with Medimax later, though I fully expect them to presume an Amiibo is some kind of french baked food. No Saturn around here, sadly, so I would like to know if it's worth the time-investment to seek one out.

Chey

Smash Cadet
It really looks like MediaMarkt, but in our area it also had only one single rosalina, which my mom bought, so they have no amiibos of her left

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
My girlfriend got me Marth... Do you know how bloody difficult is to find Marth in Mexico?! :D

Now I'm only missing WFT, Shulk, Pit, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, Ganondorf and Palutena... Yay?

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Finally caved and bought a Fox amiibo for 20 USD off eBay...at least I can rest easily knowing the worst part of my search for the twelve is over...

...that is, hoping NowinStock will notify me quickly enough about that Ness amiibo...

(my poor wallet...)

EthJ

Greenest Member on Smashboards
NNID
EthJ91
3DS FC
4382-1963-3412
I dunno if I should feel either lucky or whatever but I got a Villager amiibo off the Nintendo UK Store when they had Villager, Marth and WFT back in stock for like, a minute, along with the Wave 3 pre-orders.

They're also selling them one per customer now, making it much harder for scalpers to try and horde 100's of them for themselves. Stick that Rosalina amiibo down your pipe and smoke it, MariotehPlumber. :V

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I have preordered nearly all of wave 3, at Gamestop. Problems begin to arise when you try to preorder from tne other stores:

To preorder Rosalina, you had to be ready at 4AM on some random day.

To preorder Lucario, you had to hurry and drive to the store and buy a preorder card before they sold out. Keep in mind that Toys R Us is not a common sight in most areas, and their preorder allotments were very limited.

To preorder at Best Buy, not only did you have to be ready and waiting to go from the start, but at the time people were reporting that Best Buy was selling their wave 2 preorders out from under them mere hours after they were stocked. So, even if you watched Best Buy like a hawk, what good is it if preordering doesn't secure you an Amiibo? It's no good.

I preordered everything else from Gamestop. No hassle, no drama, slam bam thank you ma'am.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I have preordered nearly all of wave 3, at Gamestop. Problems begin to arise when you try to preorder from tne other stores:

To preorder Rosalina, you had to be ready at 4AM on some random day.

To preorder Lucario, you had to hurry and drive to the store and buy a preorder card before they sold out. Keep in mind that Toys R Us is not a common sight in most areas, and their preorder allotments were very limited.

To preorder at Best Buy, not only did you have to be ready and waiting to go from the start, but at the time people were reporting that Best Buy was selling their wave 2 preorders out from under them mere hours after they were stocked. So, even if you watched Best Buy like a hawk, what good is it if preordering doesn't secure you an Amiibo? It's no good.

I preordered everything else from Gamestop. No hassle, no drama, slam bam thank you ma'am.
What about Walmart?

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
My Rosetta, Lucario and Meta Knight are coming in from Japan today! I should be able to start training them tonight.

Chey

Smash Cadet
Would anyone be interested in me comparing two rosalina's details? Which flaws are possible and other tips?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone living in NYC - Nintendo World Store have all store exclusives (sans Meta Knight), and plenty of Sheik. They are selling them right now, and are constantly unpacking boxes.

My friend just got Rosalina and Shulk there. They have a 1 per customer limit though. My friend wanted to get a second Rosalina for someone, but couldn't.

EDIT:

"All the hot mama's are comin' home with me, and there ain't a god damn thing you can do about it."

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633

YES GOT HIM.

In other news,when I got Bowser from GameStop,I asked about Shulk,and they said that he'd be made in limited numbers.Is this true?I thought that this thread could help me out.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Anyone living in NYC - Nintendo World Store have all store exclusives (sans Meta Knight), and plenty of Sheik. They are selling them right now, and are constantly unpacking boxes.

My friend just got Rosalina and Shulk there. They have a 1 per customer limit though. My friend wanted to get a second Rosalina for someone, but couldn't.

EDIT:

"All the hot mama's are comin' home with me, and there ain't a god damn thing you can do about it."
All these Rosalina's. And I can't even get one. Woe is me.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Well no amiibos for me today. My wife says they never rang the doorbell just left a sorry we missed you notice. And the USPS wonders why people would rather use Fedex and UPS.

Top Bottom