• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
More or less, yes.

Amiibo Inquirer is reporting that getting a Rosalina in America might not be too bad: several stores are reporting stocks of 30 units for store shelves. They are holding fast to their 2/1 street date. This is all fantastic news.

Now, terrible news. We still have no idea when Best Buy will begin selling Meta Knight, and at leat one BB store is only reporting FIVE units to "stock" shelves with, after pre-orders. Probably best to purchase Meta Knight overseas, if you can stomach the cost.
If you're willing to shell out $30 dollars or so with shipping you can get a Japanese one online.

A question: How bad will Dedede be to get? He's the only other Wave 3 amiibo I want, and I'm not making a mistake by not preordering again, so he'll be the last one I have to stress about.

And big(ish) news: At Gamestop in Jacksonville, Fl. my dad was informed that very soon wave 4 preorders will be offered. Prepare your wallet!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If you're willing to shell out $30 dollars or so with shipping you can get a Japanese one online.
I already bought a Japanese Meta Knight off eBay for $30. If you mean Rosalina, I plan on getting her for $13 in Target on release morning. Unless 30 or more people show up at opening, there ought to be enough for everyone to get one copy.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice

YES GOT HIM.

In other news,when I got Bowser from GameStop,I asked about Shulk,and they said that he'd be made in limited numbers.Is this true?I thought that this thread could help me out.
I've heard this is what Gamestop wants. If you don't have him preordered I highly recommend buying the import now. The more you wait the worse it will be.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
What about Walmart?
Wal-Mart is fine, but they don't have any exclusive figures. I was mainly talking about the exclusive figures, as you are FORCED to buy them from a specific retailer in America, or else import them from overseas.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
I already bought a Japanese Meta Knight off eBay for $30. If you mean Rosalina, I plan on getting her for $13 in Target on release morning. Unless 30 or more people show up at opening, there ought to be enough for everyone to get one copy.
I was referring to Meta Knight, and hey, I got one off eBay for $30 too! Just yesterday, in fact. Now if my dad can go to Target on 2/1 in the morning, I'll be super happy.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Trust Rosalina to end up the most expensive amiibo on Amazon, she's one of the characters I wanted most.

Well, let's hope I can get Ness and Wario at normal price, at least.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Welp just checked the official Nintendo UK store, Wario is available to pre-order but Ness, Rosalina, Dedede, Lucina, Mega Man, Shulk and so so so many others are all sold out. Nintendo really need to step their production game up. Now it's saying that each amiibo is limited to one per customer, which is good, that wasn't there when I bought my Link amiibo, but I still feel they need to make more of an effort to produce proper amounts to satisfy demand, instead of letting the scalpers make big bucks off of their product.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Got my Sheik order in.
Received a dispatch email from amazon earlier today
****ing hype.
Quick, someone give me a witty name to give to him. I'm thinking something along a pun.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This makes me upset.

At 30, that is the number of Rosalina that an entire store might have to sell on 2/1. Some stores, even less.
It makes me upset for a multitude of reasons, yeah. I won't dwell on it here, but yeah, the guy is a tool, and I find it so stupid how people easily forgave him with that video (even if he didn't actually buy them, he still did other inexcusable things).

Best thing I can say to you US Amiibo hunters/Rosalina fans, is to get your imports in, or head to your local Target ASAP on launch day. Anyone in NYC can try their luck in the Nintendo World Store tomorrow, as she was there today. And whatever you do, avoid anyone on eBay selling her for ridiculous prices. It could very well be MTP.

I was thinking of calling it Sasuke or something along those lines, but it seems so common and unoriginal. Why oh why must Sheik be cursed with lack of puns.
...."Shrek"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Speaking of names, what are your current amiibo called?

My Link is called Zelda (because of the age old mistake)
My Zelda is called Zoldo (yeah, confusing)
My Donkey Kong is called Nietzsche (it seemed right at the time)
and my Samus is called Halo Man (every time I see Samus on the select screen I just remember Arby n the Chief)

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

and my Samus is called Halo Man (every time I see Samus on the select screen I just remember Arby n the Chief)
In the order in which I recieved them:
:4villager:Tommy
:4pikachu:Raichu
:4luigi:Bluigi
:4yoshi:Yelloshi
:4mario:Americario
:4dk:Yeti Kong
:4diddy:Dixie Kong
:4pit:Fertinand
:4samus:Tilty

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

:4mario:Jumpman
:4villager:My name
:4pit:Pitty Pat
:4littlemac:Stallone

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I see most of them are named after their alt colours?

That's one thing about amiibo, I can't bring myself to make the in-game fighters a different colour to the figure. Idk it just kills the magic of the figure coming to life in the game for me, I think I'd have to actually go as far as to customise the figure to look like the alt if I was ever going to pick one.

I might actually try to customise one of my amiibo, but with scalpers and the likes I'd feel a bit wasteful...has anyone else customised any of theirs?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't know who's dumber, mariotehplumber for blowing $400+ or the people who fell for the douchebag's "apology" video? Either way humanity loses.
I was beginning to doubt his claims myself, mainly because he went quiet for a while (except on Tumblr - yeah, he made an account there recently). But I was quite annoyed his apology was so readily accepted, especially since it wasn't even about the Rosalina Amiibo to begin with, but about worse things he did over the past 5 years. And he never once said he wasn't still going through with the Rosalina buyout, and in fact, said the opposite multiple times after the apology video.

I know people don't really like talking about this here though, so I'll leave it at that.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I just love the apparent logic of buying every Rosalina amiibo you can because you hate her as a character. That will show those dumbasses at Nintendo!

D

Deleted member

I have plans for all my amiibo names already, though I only actually have Mario and Link at the moment:

:4mario: - Martinus (reference to a bootlegged Mario toy that was called "Dino and Martin." I considered "Fortran" for a while as a reference to Dian Shi Ma Li.)
:4link: - Zelda
:4kirby: - Popopo
:4pikachu: - Pokechu
:4shulk: - Zanza
:4ness: - Lucky
:4gaw: - Gunpei
:4rob: - HVC-012
:4greninja: - Kermit
:4duckhunt: - Bil & Pete (Dog is Bill, duck is Pete. Bill has to be spelled with one "l" in order to fit.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Mariotehplumber: hehehe... I'll buy 100 Rosalina amibos so nobody else can have them!

Nintendo: Wow, this Rosalina amiibo is selling so well! She must be a popular character! We should put her in more games!

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
I see most of them are named after their alt colours?
/quote]
Well mine are pretty creative I think, even though I only have two amiibos. Man it sucks to not have a job

:4marth:: Jango Fett (takes some thinking, just think about the link between him and Lucina)
:4diddy:: Prime Mate.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So far, I've only named :4kirby: as Jack Kirby. Planning on naming :4megaman: "BlueBomber" if I can find him, but other than that, I mainly get the amiibos as collectibles - I haven't really used them in Smash Bros. much.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
My gf just fought the Japanese amiibo wars and claimed me a fine haul ::4lucario::4metaknight::rosalina: and :4littlemac:! Also got my :4megaman:and :4sonic: locked in for pick up :D woooooo ambiios!!!!

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
:4mario: 'Murica
:4dk: Danky Dong
:4link: Lonk
:4samus: Iron Woman
:4yoshi: Rainbow
:4kirby: Kirbycide
:4fox: ShineSpike
:4pikachu: HM Slave (changing it to Sparky, TailSpike, or Axe soon)
:4luigi: Weegee
:4peach: Petch
:4zelda: Majestic
:4diddy: Dinky Dong
:4littlemac: The Champ

Future comers
:4shulk: Shelk
:4sheik: Da Ninja
:4tlink: Toon Lonk
:4sonic: Sanic or GottaGoFast
:4megaman: Rainbowbot
:4myfriends: Mike & Ike

Possible future comers
:rosalina: Elsa
:4metaknight: Plank
:4lucario: Mewthree
:4falcon: God, Terminator, Yes!, S2J, Hax, Lord, or Isai (I have a possible trade with this guy for a Sheik and I'll buy an extra Sheik so I can send him the other one for my main)
:4dedede: Derpaderp
:4bowser: Boozer

Yes Captain Falcon is amazing.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well eBay says that my Marth amiibo was delivered to the mailbox already but it was empty when I checked. It must be in the main apartments office but they were closed when I got out of work. Frick man now I have to wait till tomorrow!

How this moron managed to snag 100 of them while I've been trying to get one since before she was even announced Target exclusive is beyond me. Of course they could as well be import which makes him more of an idiot for trying too hard.

Top Bottom