• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edigital23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edigital23
3DS FC
4253-3504-1896

Long day today. Came out with the prize. I dont have to worry about Rosalina now. Meta Knight is still a big question mark.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Did anyone actually get contacted by Gamestop for their in-store Wave 3 pick ups? I happened to be at the Gamestop where I reserved a bunch of them, and they had Bowser on the shelf but didn't call me to say he was in.
You're not alone, dude. They got Bowser in but didn't call me. Gamestop almost always calls... but I ended up calling them to confirm. Really wish they had taken initiative.

The conversation was weird. The employee sounded upset that Bowser was a common Amiibo. I had trouble hearing everything he said, but I was kinda surprised that Bowser's rarity was seen as a bad thing to him. Some of the employees at that Gamestop have some different views on Amiibos than I do.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Hey.. guys I see you are mocking me and stuff I would appreciate it if you don't. Even though the opinions are real my anger is not but yeah... Lately I have been getting slammed with Rosalina crap. I am tired of being associated with this character I hate her more than anything I don't need this honestly. I am trying to restore my reputation to remove this hentai from my name. I don't like how I am being shipped with her recently just stop it all of you.

Leaf-Puffy

Smash Cadet
I've named my Lucario "Rwâ!" because this sound is magic D:
Anyway, he's pretty strong with the 60% damage start + full defense :D

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Honestly, I'm starting to get nervous as far as Shulk is concerned. The only store exclusives that I want are him and Meta Knight, but Meta Knight seems unlikely (he's apparently coming to Future Shop, which is in my area, since Future Shop is owned by Best Buy or something like that, but the last time I checked, my Future Shop only had a single Peach and dozens of Pikachus - not exactly giving me much hope).

As for Shulk, I live in a small town in Canada (which, as a country, doesn't seem to be getting a whole lot of amiibos to begin with), and I'm honestly concerned that the EB Games stores in my area (the Canadian equivalent of Gamestop) won't even get any Shulk amiibos, or they'll only get one or two tops. Given that we still don't have a release date on wave three yet, I have no idea when to go in and look, and given how small of a window there seems to be in order to get anything that's not a Pokemon or part of the Mario series, I don't know if I'll even see a Shulk amiibo, let alone be able to buy one, and the online prices are inflated to the point of being ridiculous (at the moment, Amazon has all of the wave three amiibos hovering around $30 or $60, and those prices aren't going to go down unless those characters turn out to be ridiculously common).

Honestly, it would be much better if retailer exclusives weren't a thing - at least in that case, I wouldn't be as worried about it.

EvKem

Smash Rookie
That Best Buy In Alabama With All The Amiibo
NNID
EvKem52
Anybody else have a game plan for the 1st? For me, I'm waking up in the early morning and heading to my nearby mall with a Target (First stop, :rosalina: hype), GameStop just to check, Best Buy, and maybe Toys R Us, even though I'll be trying my best to go there Friday morning on the 30th for :4lucario:. Good luck for your hunts!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay, this is ridiculous:

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/560450014674051074/photo/1

It makes it seem like, in Canada at least, there's only going to be enough amiibos for people that pre-ordered them. Most of them aren't a big deal to me (not concerned with getting Ike, Sheik, or Toon Link; I can get Bowser, Dedede, Mega Man, or Sonic elsewhere), but Shulk's an EB Games exclusive, so that's the only place that I can get him at.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I also live in a small Canadian town and I get the great fear from disgruntled eB games employees that shulk might not even come . Also I won't even get started about how unruly the toys r us staff are being about lucario.. No hope for best buy either . Target bahahahaha, target is leaving Canada currently forever

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Hey.. guys I see you are mocking me and stuff I would appreciate it if you don't. Even though the opinions are real my anger is not but yeah... Lately I have been getting slammed with Rosalina crap. I am tired of being associated with this character I hate her more than anything I don't need this honestly. I am trying to restore my reputation to remove this hentai from my name. I don't like how I am being shipped with her recently just stop it all of you.
I'lI take the bait...
Too bad "you" flipped off boxes of toys in an interview and dropped more F bombs than CM Punk did when going in on his former employer. At least he had legitimate reasons. You claimed to be mad over PLASTIC. Find a mirror and some quiet space and reflect. With many of us overpaying for these trinkets due to people mass buying them such as yourself you are better served looking for sympathy on your local street corner not here in the amiibo thread.

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
I'lI take the bait...
Too bad "you" flipped off boxes of toys in an interview and dropped more F bombs than CM Punk did when going in on his former employer. At least he had legitimate reasons. You claimed to be mad over PLASTIC. Find a mirror and some quiet space and reflect. With many of us overpaying for these trinkets due to people mass buying them such as yourself you are better served looking for sympathy on your local street corner not here in the amiibo thread.
I have my reasons for hating Rosalina.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Quick question for people who know more about this sort of thing: would it be better to go earlier in the day, or at some point in the afternoon? I don't know when stores generally put out new stock, and I'd rather not get there well before they're out on shelves, or arrive late and find out that the ones that I wanted were snatched up in the first few minutes.

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Disliking a fictional character (which I have no problem with, by the way) and buying up a product solely so that others cannot have it are two entirely different things.
This times 100. Plus hate is a strong word. I type all that and get a "I have my reasons" ok then Mysterio do your thing I "hope" this works out for you.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Quick question for people who know more about this sort of thing: would it be better to go earlier in the day, or at some point in the afternoon? I don't know when stores generally put out new stock.
Ask Mario he should know he no lifes amiibos he hates lol

Last edited:

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Quick question for people who know more about this sort of thing: would it be better to go earlier in the day, or at some point in the afternoon? I don't know when stores generally put out new stock.
From my understanding, morning is best. Stores like Target stock new products either late the previous night or earlier that morning, before opening (at least thats how my store did it back when I worked there in high school). Even if they aren't on the shelves, the employee might be more willing to check, since it has to go on the shelf anyway, and they probably haven't been bombarded with "Do you have it" questions yet.

Just my two cents. If you can swing being there at opening or in the morning, do it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
From my understanding, morning is best. Stores like Target stock new products either late the previous night or earlier that morning, before opening (at least thats how my store did it back when I worked there in high school). Even if they aren't on the shelves, the employee might be more willing to check, since it has to go on the shelf anyway, and they probably haven't been bombarded with "Do you have it" questions yet.

Just my two cents. If you can swing being there at opening or in the morning, do it.
Thanks - I don't think I'll have anything going on that day, so I'll try to stop by (it's half an hour away, so I'll need to head out fairly early).

I have my reasons for hating Rosalina.
Whatever those reasons are, they don't seem to justify taking advantage of an already-limited supply and hoarding those amiibos to prevent people who actually like the character from getting them, an action that seems to be motivated entirely by spite. Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean that everybody who does has to suffer for it.

I'm not even a fan of the character (I feel like her inclusion in Smash Bros. is a bit much, given how little there was to work with, and she doesn't really stand out to me in terms of the Mario cast), but there is such a thing as common courtesy.

Plus, buying them in such large numbers seems to defeat the purpose of what you're trying to do. I believe you've said that you don't like that Rosalina is being shoehorned into every Mario game (though I could be wrong), but if you buy a lot of her amiibos, it will only go to show that she's a popular character since her merchandise is selling so well, which would prompt Nintendo to include her in even more games.

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
You were the one who brought this upon yourself. There was literally no need to go to this extent to prove your point.

Not only this, but your buying all of the stock "plan" has multiple holes. Firstly, you have risen attention if the character by doing this. Secondly, Nintendo will notice that the stock is disappearing, and thus produce more. Thirdly, there will be a Mario Party Rosalina amiibo coming out soon, meaning that everyone who has been hindered by your deeds will be fine then. Finally, some people called Mema Haxx can go into the code of Wii U games and allow amiibo data like Duck Hunt's and Mr. Game and Watch's to be used without a physical figure. Wait until that software goes public.

Seriously, I can understand dislike of a character (see: Mephiles the Dark of Sonic 06), but your actions are just unnecessary, despicable, and, for many, unforgivable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm just gonna address this quickly, even if it might just be bait. This will be my only post here towards you, or on this subject, from now on. I will be honest, and I will not make fun of you (I'm putting it in a Spoiler tag to save page space, as I initially came here to post something else):

If you didn't want to be associated with Rosalina, you shouldn't have pulled something that inherently ties your alias to the character. A lot of people associate me with the character too, because I talk about the character quite often, and a moderate amount of what I say about the character is trying to shoot down unsatisfactory reasoning behind disliking the character, or shooting down misleading interpretations of the character. Even though Rosalina is one of my favourite things ever, being so strongly associated with the character can sometimes even be to my dismay, as sometimes, I do want to discuss other things, or sometimes, my friends want to challenge my Rosalina play in Smash Bros when I would rather play as a different character for a little bit. I've also been made fun of, at times called "obsessed" with the character, because people ignore all of the other things I like and talk about quite often. However, I realise and accept the inevitable result of speaking up about the character as much as I do, and I don't complain about it.

You are no different to me in this regard - you have done/still do things in relation to Rosalina, that make people think of you when they see the character, and vice versa. However, the difference is that you are unwilling to see why people are associating you with the character. And that's what you need to change if you want people to take you more seriously, and maybe, to make them stop associating you with the character. It would be the first step, at least.

Also keep in mind that this isn't the only thing you are infamous for, so you had time to learn from past mistakes - remember that time you bought a bunch of digital copies of Sonic 1, in an attempt to boycott Sonic 4, and everyone thought that was stupid of you (for similar reasons as your plan to "destroy" Rosalina)? This is no different. You had time to learn, but you didn't. But you CAN try again, now. The most obvious thing you can do is to stop flaunting around your hate-filled mass buyouts of characters you don't like. I mean, while I'd rather you not do it at all, if you want to clear your name, you could just keep doing it, but not tell the entire world about it. Then people will just forget about it, and you can do it silently.

Furthermore, if you didn't want Rosalina fans to react negatively, you shouldn't have treated them negatively, and you shouldn't have tried to deprive them of something that you knew they wanted, and that you knew they would have a hard time finding even without your intervention. Their anger is completely justified, and they are entitled to express their feelings on the matter, be it through social media posts, artwork, videos, or through posting comments on your videos. However, I will give you this - I do not think Rosalina fans were justified in hacking your e-mail, and spreading your personal details, as that is a genuine threat to your safety.

Regarding your apology, I don't accept it. I can get by the Rosalina Amiibo situation, but your problems as a person run FAR deeper than that - most notably, your twisted assumption on how autistic people act. Again, you yourself said "the opinions are genuine", and you spent 5 years pretending to be what you viewed as "autistic". That's five years of constantly insulting people for who they are, for something they were literally born with. This, and a number of other things, are things that make me not want to associate with you. And it's not something you should expect people to forgive so easily.

Also - you can have your opinions, but that doesn't change the fact they are absolutely terrible, and in some cases, flat out wrong and ignorant to the objective points related to the subject matter, and often times, are based on your misogynistic/racist/warped views (again, you said yourself that "the opinions are real", so you are all of the things I just said based on that).

-------------

With that said and done, here is what I originally came here to post:

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
I didn't hate buy her. I bought over 100 of her to put use to the character for me which Nintendo forces upon me. I will be making money in the future which is the only use the character has for me. I don't like hentai characters at all.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
That's it, I'm 3D-printing my own damn amiibos, they're impossible to find in Mexico. We only have stupid Peach everywhere.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I didn't hate buy her. I bought over 100 of her to put use to the character for me which Nintendo forces upon me. I will be making money in the future which is the only use the character has for me. I don't like hentai characters at all.
is this how you get your kicks? pretending to be some nobody who spent a lot of money on toys?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

I'm just gonna address this quickly, even if it might just be bait. This will be my only post here towards you, or on this subject, from now on. I will be honest, and I will not make fun of you (I'm putting it in a Spoiler tag to save page space, as I initially came here to post something else:

If you didn't want to be associated with Rosalina, you shouldn't have pulled something that inherently ties your alias to the character. A lot of people associate me with the character too, because I talk about the character quite often, and a moderate amount of what I say about the character is trying to shoot down unsatisfactory reasoning behind disliking the character, or shooting down misleading interpretations of the character. Even though Rosalina is one of my favourite things ever, being so strongly associated with the character can sometimes even be to my dismay, as sometimes, I do want to discuss other things, or sometimes, my friends want to challenge my Rosalina play in Smash Bros when I would rather play as a different character for a little bit. I've also been made fun of, at times called "obsessed" with the character, because people ignore all of the other things I like and talk about quite often. However, I realise and accept the inevitable result of speaking up about the character as much as I do, and I don't complain about it.

You are no different to me in this regard - you have done/still do things in relation to Rosalina, that make people think of you when they see the character, and vice versa. However, the difference is that you are unwilling to see why people are associating you with the character. And that's what you need to change if you want people to take you more seriously, and maybe, to make them stop associating you with the character. It would be the first step, at least.

Also keep in mind that this isn't the only thing you are infamous for, so you had time to learn from past mistakes - remember that time you bought a bunch of digital copies of Sonic 1, in an attempt to boycott Sonic 4, and everyone thought that was stupid of you (for similar reasons as your plan to "destroy" Rosalina)? This is no different. You had time to learn, but you didn't. But you CAN try again, now. The most obvious thing you can do is to stop flaunting around your hate-filled mass buyouts of characters you don't like. I mean, while I'd rather you not do it at all, if you want to clear your name, you could just keep doing it, but not tell the entire world about it. Then people will just forget about it, and you can do it silently.

Furthermore, if you didn't want Rosalina fans to react negatively, you shouldn't have treated them negatively, and you shouldn't have tried to deprive them of something that you knew they wanted, and that you knew they would have a hard time finding even without your intervention. Their anger is completely justified, and they are entitled to express their feelings on the matter, be it through social media posts, artwork, videos, or through posting comments on your videos. However, I will give you this - I do not think Rosalina fans were justified in hacking your e-mail, and spreading your personal details, as that is a genuine threat to your safety.

Regarding your apology, I don't accept it. I can get by the Rosalina Amiibo situation, but your problems as a person run FAR deeper than that - most notably, your twisted assumption on how autistic people act. Again, you yourself said "the opinions are genuine", and you spent 5 years pretending to be what you viewed as "autistic". That's five years of constantly insulting people for who they are, for something they were literally born with. This, and a number of other things, are things that make me not want to associate with you. And it's not something you should expect people to forgive so easily.

Also - you can have your opinions, but that doesn't change the fact they are absolutely terrible, and in some cases, flat out wrong and ignorant to the objective points related to the subject matter, and often times, are based on your misogynistic/racist/warped views (again, you said yourself that "the opinions are real", so you are all of the things I just said based on that).

-------------

With that said and done, here is what I originally came here to post:

That Megaman though. Oh my god he's beautiful :')
Treated better when in the hands of Nintendo

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
What exactly is forcing you to hate on Nintendo, or video games in general? Why don't you just avoid this sore subject of Nintendo and SEGA and just move on and find a different hobby?

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
This is becoming a thread about someone needed attention, begged for it, got it and is now upset. I hope we can all move onto decisive things and not indecisive things like what I described.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@ Mariotehplumber Mariotehplumber Please Private Message a member of the staff, as it sounds like you need some help/need to talk things out.

Everyone else, get back on topic

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I got my Rosalina Meta Knight and Lucario last night. I preordered Shulk from Gamestop. I have an amiibo training strategy that's like the one on moargeek only tweaked. For levels 1-51-5 I have them face a level 50 amiibo. For 5-10 I have them face TWO level 50s in a handicap match. So far that seems to be better than level 9 cpu.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My brother had me pick up something from Argos today for him, and the whole time I was just wishing I was buying Amiibos there. Also, I'm getting so anxious about my Rosalina Amiibo, everyone else seems to be getting theirs while I'm still here waiting. I got Zelda at the beginning of the week, and I'm already missing the feeling of opening a new Amiibo and staring at it in awe.

I saw a toy store called "Toymaster" in the town where I go to college today. I had totally forgot about that store chain. Does anyone know if they sell Amiibos? Might have a look at their store one of these days if they do.

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
For my own collection I am going to open a sonic and megaman then invest in the rest I have left over.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GameStop over here. Has anyone had experience with preordering from there?
Yeah.

They cancelled my Rosalina order because they suddenly weren't getting any. :I

GS UK & Ireland is kinda different to the US one, though.

---------

My friend was talking to me about his Rosalina Amiibo's in-game performance (YES GUYS, REMEMBER THAT THEY CAN DO THAT????), and he said this:

After a few fun stipulation matches (two humans w/ shulk smart bombs only, etc) we had all of our amiibo fight now that we have a full 8. 3 stock, no items, omega smashville.

Rosalina came out on top as the victor, defeating all 7 other amiibo. She is only level 35, the lowest of them all (shulk is 38 and finished last).

It begins

----------------------------

I already see her being the top amiibo in the group. Before now it was a relatively mixed thing where just about all of them would get their share of wins against each other. And against human players, Steven felt like without a doubt Fox was the top guy (he demolishes me and puts up an incredible fight against Steven; others don't against him) even though he seems to not really try against his fellow amiibo. But Rosalina seems set to crush everyone in any stipulation.
SLAYER MAMA

Top Bottom