• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
So, I'm sure I'm just like most people with the whole amiibo situation, but does anyone know the real release for the wave 3 amiibo. I realize that Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik are out at TRU but when will the rest be released at other retailers?

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
So, I'm sure I'm just like most people with the whole amiibo situation, but does anyone know the real release for the wave 3 amiibo. I realize that Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik are out at TRU but when will the rest be released at other retailers?
Some are going to be released Feb 1st.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hmm, hope mine gets fulfilled. By the way, there isn't an official release date for the next wave yet, is there?
Depends on region. Europe always gets a solid date immediately, and our Wave 4 is actually: :4sonic::4megaman::4shulk::4metaknight::4dedede:.

Those guys come to us on February 20th. The rest of your Wave 3 (:4bowser::rosalina::4sheik::4tlink::4lucario::4myfriends:) came out here on January 23rd.

As far as the US goes, I did see a chart on the Amiibo subreddit earlier today, but I can't seem to find it again.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I'm ready to just stick to reddit now that we have an intruder amongst us literally begging for attention.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I was sharing my knowledge on the subject. Sorry for bothering you.
Well, it's knowledge that hasn't quite gotten "you" (still unsure about that whole thing) a good reputation, and which a forum moderator has said to stop talking about twice. Not the best knowledge to bring up here.
Depends on region. Europe always gets a solid date immediately, and our Wave 4 is actually: :4sonic::4megaman::4shulk::4metaknight::4dedede:.

Those guys come to us on February 20th. The rest of your Wave 3 (:4bowser::rosalina::4sheik::4tlink::4lucario::4myfriends:) came out here on January 23rd.

As far as the US goes, I did see a chart on the Amiibo subreddit earlier today, but I can't seem to find it again.
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info. :)

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Well, it's knowledge that hasn't quite gotten "you" (still unsure about that whole thing) a good reputation, and which a forum moderator has said to stop talking about twice. Not the best knowledge to bring up here.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info. :)
I am not aloud to discuss amiibo? I thought the mod was referring to the backlash I received with Rosalina. I think I am entitled to share my amiibo findings.

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
I'm kinda itching to reset my Zelda, Peach, Lucario and Bowser and pit them against each other in 3stock no-items matches until they're lv50, just for the sake of experimentation. See what comes of it. But then I look deep into the eyes of my Bowzilla and remember how brutal he is right now, 2-stocking the Zelda who actually received stat-boosting items and perfected spot dodge/perfect shielding... if only there was a way to preserve a fully developed "personality" and retrieve it later.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I am not aloud to discuss amiibo? I thought the mod was referring to the backlash I received with Rosalina. I think I am entitled to share my amiibo findings.
No, you're not allowed to discuss "your" controversial mass buying of amiibo due to the flame wars it could potentially spark.

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Since you have all of them maybe taunting shouldn't be ALLOWED (the other words means to say out loud like my mom read the book aloud to me in my bed in my Mario jammies.) What are your training strategies or help the guy who asked when is a good time of day to buy. I was serious when I said ask you. Share that knowledge if you wanna help. But patronizing us? Not helping.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Then stop posting pictures no one wants to see. I dont have affiliation with this site so I don't need to feel sorry for you. I will tell you like it is. So YOU stay on topic.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Then stop posting pictures no one wants to see. I dont have affiliation with this site so I don't need to feel sorry for you. I will tell you like it is. So YOU stay on topic.
How come other people can post pictures and I can't isn't that sort of being bias? I just don't understand why I can't do the same thing.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
How come other people can post pictures and I can't isn't that sort of being bias? I just don't understand why I can't do the same thing.
Because your pictures are of shenanigans we can't talk about. Stop playing innocent. That is called patronizing. It's like when a defender hugs a wideout and when the flag flies he looks like what did I do? I laugh every time I see it.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Because your pictures are of shenanigans we can't talk about. Stop playing innocent. That is called patronizing. It's like when a defender hugs a wideout and when the flag flies he looks like what did I do? I laugh every time I see it.
I have been a collector of stuff almost all my life... How come I can't post a picture? I am not playing innocent I admitted my anger to be a persona but my opinions are true. Can you just learn to accept me for who I am and leave it at that? I want to show my amiibo findings and success in knowing which one is going to be sought after in the future.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
So. I got a text message from GameStop today saying my Bowser will be available "Fri PM". Which is interesting since I was in there the other day and they already had him on shelves (according to the employee when I tried to pick up my preorder then, "by mistake"). Seems weird, but I'm not terribly concerned because there's quite a lot of Bowsers.

If this was Shulk or something though? I'd still be at GameStop now if necessary.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
So. I got a text message from GameStop today saying my Bowser will be available "Fri PM". Which is interesting since I was in there the other day and they already had him on shelves (according to the employee when I tried to pick up my preorder then, "by mistake"). Seems weird, but I'm not terribly concerned because there's quite a lot of Bowsers.

If this was Shulk or something though? I'd still be at GameStop now if necessary.
Bowser is a pretty good looking one I opened one myself. I got it at toysrus.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
i actually got a bowser amiibo early a few days ago. some of the scales on the shell don't look as nice as they could if they just kept the scales one big piece as opposed to three, the jaw isn't attached subtly enough, and the paint job on the spikes on the braces/gauntlets or whatever is really bad. everything else is nice, though. i have pics.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
i actually got a bowser amiibo early a few days ago. some of the scales on the shell don't look as nice as they could if they just kept the scales one big piece as opposed to three, the jaw isn't attached subtly enough, and the paint job on the spikes on the braces/gauntlets or whatever is really bad. everything else is nice, though. i have pics.

Thanks for the closeups. I like how he looks but that's just me.

Last edited:

Azuni

Smash Rookie
I still failed to teach my Samus to taunt at lvl50 :( Are there any tips for this?
I taunted quite a lot when I was training her, in addition to after every kill I got on her. I went through her training multiple times, but she always stopped taunting after a kill around lvl38. Interestingly though, in the mid-40s, she would only taunt if I SD'd intentionally without her touching me (not at lvl50 now).

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I still failed to teach my Samus to taunt at lvl50 :( Are there any tips for this?
I taunted quite a lot when I was training her, in addition to after every kill I got on her. I went through her training multiple times, but she always stopped taunting after a kill around lvl38. Interestingly though, in the mid-40s, she would only taunt if I SD'd intentionally without her touching me (not at lvl50 now).
Try this: You and Samus team up in a 2 on 1 and CRUSH the opponent and taunt non stop when you do. Be careful NOT to get hit while taunting if they see it as a negative they will think twice about it. Being Samus yourself may help.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They look very nice in the light like that. Gives me inspiration (I have been heavily contemplating starting an "Amiibo Photography" project).

I believe these were obtained in Austrailia.

EDIT: Yep, all of these guys have all just been released in Australia.

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP

They look very nice in the light like that. Gives me inspiration (I have been heavily contemplating starting an "Amiibo Photography" project).

I believe these were obtained in Austrailia.

EDIT: Yep, all of these guys have all just been released in Australia.

Sonic looks better than I thought.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Wave 3 has definitely been given the best paint jobs. I got my Sheik yesterday and he looks absolutely amazing. Seriously, the detail it has is amazing, my camera barely did the figure justice imo.
Whoops, i dun goofd with the images, here they are now.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Wave 3 has definitely been given the best paint jobs. I got my Sheik yesterday and he looks absolutely amazing.
Seriously, the detail it has is amazing, my camera barely did the figure justice imo.
You have to upload the images to a site like Imgur and embed it here for people to see it; we can't access your locally stored files.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wave 3 has definitely been given the best paint jobs. I got my Sheik yesterday and he looks absolutely amazing.
Seriously, the detail it has is amazing, my camera barely did the figure justice imo.
The broken links didn't do it justice either. :p

(jk, jk)

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
So, should I suck it up and import Dedede and Meta Knight? They're the last two I'll be missing from wave 3, except Sonic, so I'm thinking it'll be worth it.. It's $37 total to ship, meaning around $18.50 each.

I'm tempted because Best Buy seems to be handling the exclusive situation very poorly, and after seeing how scarce Dedede are, I'm worried about him as well. (Plus it will save a lot of stress, so.)

Last edited:

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
... Sheik yesterday and he looks absolutely amazing...
I sincerely hope this is a typo. If not, I'll have to break an ancient secret to you, but Sheik is female. It's Navi in disguise.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
I sincerely hope this is a typo. If not, I'll have to break an ancient secret to you, but Sheik is female. It's Navi in disguise.
Nah sorry, I will always believe Sheik is a male. I would debate, but I don't wanna get banned for thread derailing. :p

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Hey I don't blame the poster. For a long time I didn't play a whole lot of Nintendo games. The entire span of 1996-2012 I played hardly and Nintendo games. I have no idea who Navi is. I love me some Pokemon though, check out my avatar I have mad Google Images skills.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I would like to organize some Amiibo get togethers with anyone in my area of Central Florida. Tampa/Orlando region. I live smack dab in the middle of both cities. Anyone interested PM me. I need to unleash my minions onto the world not just each other. I love my cute smiley faced minions of death and destruction.

Top Bottom