• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Hi guys! I'm a having a bit of an issue about this whole amiibo thing...

I ordered a Wave 3 amiibo from GameStop's online a few days before they stopped taking preorders. After seeing some photos though, it looks like the amiibo has already been released, despite GameStop, saying that the amiibo won't arrive in stores until 2/13. I learned that GameStop and other retailers selling amiibos would be selling Wave 3 as soon as they arrive, rather than waiting until February.

So if the amiibo is already in stores, does that mean I will get my amiibo earlier than the estimated date as well, or that I will I end up getting it on the date stated on the website? I'm also kind of worried that my preorder will be canceled due to my amiibo being one of the less common ones(and due to me preordering it on the website as opposed to my closest GameStop). I haven't gotten an email back about them cancelling it, nevertheless though this amiibo situation has been bothering me more than it should...

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363

I ordered a Wave 3 amiibo from GameStop's online a few days before they stopped taking preorders. After seeing some photos though, it looks like the amiibo has already been released, despite GameStop, saying that the amiibo won't arrive in stores until 2/13. I learned that GameStop and other retailers selling amiibos would be selling Wave 3 as soon as they arrive, rather than waiting until February.

So if the amiibo is already in stores, does that mean I will get my amiibo earlier than the estimated date as well, or that I will I end up getting it on the date stated on the website? I'm also kind of worried that my preorder will be canceled due to my amiibo being one of the less common ones(and due to me preordering it on the website as opposed to my closest GameStop). I haven't gotten an email back about them cancelling it, nevertheless though this amiibo situation has been bothering me more than it should...
Mind if I ask which one? So far the stores have been picking and choosing which ones they'll sell yet.

(Also welcome to Smashboards! ^^)

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Mind if I ask which one? So far the stores have been picking and choosing which ones they'll sell yet.

(Also welcome to Smashboards! ^^)
It's Shulk. *runs away in shame*

Also thank you! Glad to be here! :3

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

"I'm a having a bit of an issue about this whole amiibo thing..."Aren't we all XD
Also welcome to the boards, such a "smashing" place.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Welcome! I hope you love it here. .
Ugh, I hope Nintendo fixes the amiibo stock soon. Don't they see the demand for these? How things are going, i've accepted that i'll never get my hands on a Shulk or Rosalina amiibo. Same thing with Pit :(.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice

Been there before. I haven't heard any Gamestop horror stories. Except now with wave 3 and the dates being unclear. If you're expecting them to be shipped then I am not sure what their policy is on breaking date they probably won't. If they're selling them in stores and that's where yours is then you would think they could and should fufill pre orders first. Good luck to you I have wave 3 pre ordered with Toys R Us and B&H for Ike. Yay! Lucky me!

Psionic

Smash Journeyman

They look very nice in the light like that. Gives me inspiration (I have been heavily contemplating starting an "Amiibo Photography" project).

I believe these were obtained in Austrailia.

EDIT: Yep, all of these guys have all just been released in Australia.

mega man looks better than i expected. i like the glossy finish they gave him.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I was gonna hit up the amiibo sale in TRU tomorrow but was wondering who of wave 3 is out there. Also does anyone know how gamestop is faring with their preorders for wave 3 and the opening of 4?

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
Okay, I get that you want to continue my little jest of naming the wrong character there. But in all fairness, we should mention that Sheik is actually Ganondorf in disguise, which was an alter ego of Impa before she traveled through time and prevented herself from becoming Ruto. It just doesn't sit well with me to leave that joke there and not spell out the actual truth.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Okay, I get that you want to continue my little jest of naming the wrong character there. But in all fairness, we should mention that Sheik is actually Ganondorf in disguise, which was an alter ego of Impa before she traveled through time and prevented herself from becoming Ruto. It just doesn't sit well with me to leave that joke there and not spell out the actual truth.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
So Wario is now Sold Out on Nintendo's Official Store. Wish I pre-ordered him when I went to yesterday now. Think I'm gonna go ahead and pre-order Mega Man from GAME. I'm getting pissed off with this "buy now or buy never" thing. It doesn't help that GAME is accepting pre-orders for some (most of which are sold out) and others just have a "coming soon" tag like Dedede. I want to ****ing preorder Dedede.

Should I pre-order Toad as well? He has the most functionality of the Mario Party 10 ones, since he works in Captain Toad as well.

Oh yeah by the way, the Mario line Mario and Peach amiibo are already sold out on Nintendo's store. Way to go, Big N!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Welp, picked up Bowser at Gameastop. He really does look amazing :happysheep:

So you're in the USA? Shulk isn't going to be sold until Feb 13th, probably. If you preordered, Gamestop WILL hold him for you for 48 hours AND send you a text to notify you. If you did an order directly from the Gamestop warehouse like me, it will be shipped to your house. You should be able to use the tracking info on the receipt paper they gave you in store to see the progress on orders like those. If you ordered off of Gamestop's website and never went into the store, I'm not entirely sure what all might be entailed, but you stand the best chance at getting your order filled with them.

Gamestop is very reliable and is quite accommodating to customers in general... unless you're trying to get credit for used games, but that's neither here nor there :p

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
So Wario is now Sold Out on Nintendo's Official Store. Wish I pre-ordered him when I went to yesterday now. Think I'm gonna go ahead and pre-order Mega Man from GAME. I'm getting pissed off with this "buy now or buy never" thing. It doesn't help that GAME is accepting pre-orders for some (most of which are sold out) and others just have a "coming soon" tag like Dedede. I want to ****ing preorder Dedede.

Should I pre-order Toad as well? He has the most functionality of the Mario Party 10 ones, since he works in Captain Toad as well.

Oh yeah by the way, the Mario line Mario and Peach amiibo are already sold out on Nintendo's store. Way to go, Big N!
Good luck getting any of the following :rosalina::4dedede::4shulk::4metaknight: God damn things.
Especially these two:rosalina::4metaknight:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Actually, Toad is the only Mario Party amiibo that doesn't work with Smash Brothers, and the only one besides Bowser that doesn't work in Mario Kart 8.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Well seeing how you apparently have to erase Smash Bros data to use an amiibo with Mario Party, maybe it'd be for the best if I got one that can ONLY be used with Mario Party. Still sucks tbh.

Also tell me about it, fellow Duck. Such a pain, I really wanted Rosalina. I went around asking about her at all the local shops before the release date. Still luck for Dedede though. I'd really like to have him, he was the first fighter I ever played in Smash.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363

I have two Shulks ordered, (and no, I'm not one of those people. I'm getting one for my best friend) and if it helps, I haven't gotten any sort of alert on it. Everyone's expecting at some point between the 1st and 13th, but they did say they would tell me when it was ready, so I guess it's a matter of waiting it out,

Pretty much all of Wave 3 has been waiting it out for me. I miss going out to stores and hunting. The good old days. ;;

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well seeing how you apparently have to erase Smash Bros data to use an amiibo with Mario Party, maybe it'd be for the best if I got one that can ONLY be used with Mario Party. Still sucks tbh.

Also tell me about it, fellow Duck. Such a pain, I really wanted Rosalina. I went around asking about her at all the local shops before the release date. Still luck for Dedede though. I'd really like to have him, he was the first fighter I ever played in Smash.
Despite all common sense leading me to believe otherwise, King DeDeDe looks to be uncommon at best, if European or Australian releases are anything to go by.

Shiek, DeDeDe, Meta Knight, and Ike all don't look very common, if stock in the pictures I have seen are accurate.

I have all of those covered, myself, but I know what it's like to not be able to find the ones you want. I had to order Marth and Villager from Germany, Wii Fit from Hong Kong, and Meta Knight from Japan. I even had to buy Little Mac off a local scalper for $35 because it was too expensive/impossible to even import him.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Super Mario amiibo line for preorder on amazon. I have my Toad all reserved :3

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
so shulk is gonna be rare? Like villager level rare ( hair tearing) or capt falcon ( mildly irritating). I'm really scared I won't be able to get him. Does anyone know wave 3's target and GameStop release dates for :4bowser::4sheik::4shulk::4tlink:?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

That's why you buy Toad, Daisy or Waluigi. :3

D

Deleted member

so shulk is gonna be rare? Like villager level rare ( hair tearing) or capt falcon ( mildly irritating). I'm really scared I won't be able to get him. Does anyone know wave 3's target and GameStop release dates for :4bowser::4sheik::4shulk::4tlink:?
Shulk is going to be Villager tiers of rare most likely. As for release dates, GameStop's website lists the ETA for :4bowser::4sheik:&:4tlink: as February 6th, and February 13th for :4shulk:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Welp, picked up Bowser at Gameastop. He really does look amazing :happysheep:

So you're in the USA? Shulk isn't going to be sold until Feb 13th, probably. If you preordered, Gamestop WILL hold him for you for 48 hours AND send you a text to notify you. If you did an order directly from the Gamestop warehouse like me, it will be shipped to your house. You should be able to use the tracking info on the receipt paper they gave you in store to see the progress on orders like those. If you ordered off of Gamestop's website and never went into the store, I'm not entirely sure what all might be entailed, but you stand the best chance at getting your order filled with them.

Gamestop is very reliable and is quite accommodating to customers in general... unless you're trying to get credit for used games, but that's neither here nor there :p
Thanks! :D So you're saying that I have a higher chance of getting the amiibo if I preorder it from the store, or from the website? I preordered it from the website because I didn't have time to go over to a GameStop store and ask.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Edited. Sorry, keep thinking of new information to add to my post.

so shulk is gonna be rare? Like villager level rare?
All signs point to yes. Better look to import as soon as possible if you don't have a preorder.

You don't have a real location listed under your name so I have no idea if you are from the USA or not, though. If you're in the USA... check eBay or try to order from Autralia.

You can wait until Feb 13th to see if you can snipe one off the shelf at midnight (Gamestop stores will be open at 00:00 on the 13th because of all the Nintendo stuff launching and all the preorders). Waiting that long will mean you have less of a chance at getting one from Australia, but I'm not sure there are easy ways to import to the USA from there beyond eBay. If eBay is your fall-back, waiting until the 13th won't matter a whole lot, so yeah.

Thanks! :D So you're saying that I have a higher chance of getting the amiibo if I preorder it from the store, or from the website? I preordered it from the website because I didn't have time to go over to a GameStop store and ask.
I have no idea. I would assume that in-store orders have higher priority, though I honestly do not know. I know that warehouse orders are the easiest to get, since a lot of time these rare amiibos are held in the Gamestop warehouse (whatever it's called) and never shipped to stores, as they can be directly shipped to customers by ordering in-store. The latter method is how I got my Captain Falcon, and how I will get Shulk when he comes in the mail.

I have heard rumors of a second shipment of Shulk about a month from now to USA Gamestops, but that is just a rumor. Don't count on it.

Last edited:

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
I'm from Pennsylvania, and God I want shulk. I better order him sooner rather than later. My target had a full rack of wii fit, a row of villager, and a few marths two days after launch. I hope I can get him the thirteenth. Should've preordered them.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I have two Shulks ordered, (and no, I'm not one of those people. I'm getting one for my best friend) and if it helps, I haven't gotten any sort of alert on it. Everyone's expecting at some point between the 1st and 13th, but they did say they would tell me when it was ready, so I guess it's a matter of waiting it out,

Pretty much all of Wave 3 has been waiting it out for me. I miss going out to stores and hunting. The good old days. ;;
Lol, don't worry; it's okay. XD
Did you preorder from the GameStop website itself? Or by actually going to the store?

I'm not really interested in any other amiibos except for Robin, Lucina, Ness, Dark Pit and MAYBE Palutena. It's sad though that they probably will all be extremely rare. Dang it, why do my mains have to have such scarce merchandise? If only if Nintendo made more amiibo or merchandise of these characters in general, I'd be having a much easier time. =P

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have my reasons for hating Rosalina.
It has nothing to do with hatred; you are trying to make money. You are marketing and publicizing yourself each time you generate a response, and when the wave dies down from a previous lashing out, you create a new one with a slightly new gimmick, which now, apparently, means returning back to Smashboards.

Upsettingly, this will work for you, and most of the members on this page will likely despise you, respond et continuum, and further help you propagate a legacy of bigotry and poor acting, as if reality tv and actual youtube celebrities didn't already do this enough. As much as anyone here may find you any number of adjectives, you are quite specifically making your brand well known. The anger you generate, does, in fact, both fuel and fund you.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
It has nothing to do with hatred; you are trying to make money. You are marketing and publicizing yourself each time you generate a response, and when the wave dies down from a previous lashing out, you create a new one with a slightly new gimmick, which now, apparently, means returning back to Smashboards.

Upsettingly, this will work for you, and most of the members on this page will likely despise you, respond et continuum, and further help you propagate a legacy of bigotry and poor acting, as if reality tv and actual youtube celebrities didn't already do this enough. As much as anyone here may find you any number of adjectives, you are quite specifically making your brand well known. The anger you generate, does, in fact, both fuel and fund you.
I don't understand what you mean by this. Right now I am working on restoring my reputation on various sites. I am tired of being mocked with Rosalina ever since I saw that stupid hentai picture r34 directed towards me. I am putting an end to it plain and simple.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Can't wait for a Jiggly
Me too. I am anxiously awaiting a complete Smash Bros. collection! Sadly, it looks like that will be at least two more waves out. Wave 4 is coming out, what, summer 2015? Late spring? I forget. I'd estimate that to get to the release of wave 5 and 6, we'll have to wait until Christmastime, perhaps... ugh.

Waiting for Mewtwo DLC has been difficult, but waiting for a full Amiibo roster has been tough, too.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
After :4ness::4pacman::4jigglypuff:are done, I can get less priorities like :4metaknight::4duckhunt: and maybe even:4pit:and:rosalina:. Then I'll finally be done...

Unless :mewtwopm: comes out.

Top Bottom