• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If/once you get Ike, Donkey Kong, or King Dedede you will realize that she isn't THAT bad on size. Although I do concur that she is one of the larger ones...But don't tell her I said that.
Lol well, even in Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8, she's pretty huge :p

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
He will most Ike-ly be on no shelves in NA until:
The 1st for Target and Best Buy
The 13th for Toys R Us and Gamestop
And nobody cares about WalMart.

NOBODY.
What's the issue with Walmart?

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I just want to ask...

Is anyone recording these events? Like...publish it into a book or blog or something.

'The Great amiibo Hunt'

Instant #1 bestseller.

EvKem

Smash Rookie
That Best Buy In Alabama With All The Amiibo
NNID
EvKem52
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just got my Meta Knight Amiibo this morning. Already trained him to level 50 but I want to restart as he has this weird habit of spamming Up B, haha. Is there a way to get him to stop with the random shuttle loop spam or do I have to start over? Also, it's best to train him in speed and attack, right?

EvKem

Smash Rookie
That Best Buy In Alabama With All The Amiibo
NNID
EvKem52
Just got my Meta Knight Amiibo this morning. Already trained him to level 50 but I want to restart as he has this weird habit of spamming Up B, haha. Is there a way to get him to stop with the random shuttle loop spam or do I have to start over? Also, it's best to train him in speed and attack, right?
Wait, a Meta Knight spamming? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

All joking aside, You shouldn't be feeding him that sort of equipment- Of course to balance it out, but defense is also good for MK, as he is already pretty fast and strong. As for the Up B, it might be the agility kicking in. If not, try fighting him normally for a while, or against some other Amiibo. They don't stop learning at level 50. If he doesn't stop after a couple days, it might, sadly, be time to reset him. Hope this helps.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Who actually feeds their Amiibos equipment? Knowing that they aren't as fun to play against with this advantage, mine have never seen equipment.

Kornaki

Smash Cadet
I agree, I have kept my amiibo equipment free also. I can see the draw for doing it for an amiibo tournament though.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I thought you were obligated to train them in defense, speed, or attack for some reason. I just reset him and won't be feeding him anything when I level him up later.

Azuni

Smash Rookie
For my 2 Samus amiibo (trained differently, so their styles are noticeably different) I did end up feeding them equipment.
At first I did something crazy like 120 attack/200 defense/-200 speed on the first one, but then I noticed that was halving her jump height so she was killing herself quite often when going offstage. It did make her a super pro at doing the Charge Beam headshot though. Right now, both amiibo are at 50 attack/70 defense/0 speed, with Autohealer, Explosive Perfect Shield and Smooth Lander.
It's pretty amusing watching them fight each other or a team of lvl9 CPUs like that.
Personally, I get much more enjoyment out of watching my amiibo play smash, rather than me taking part in it.
If anyone wanted to know:
1st :4samus::
-trained by a combination of me and lvl9 Samus CPUs until the 40s
-trained primarily in 3 stock matches
-trained mostly on FD until lvl50, then introduced to other stages

2nd :4samus:: (my failed taunting experiment after lvl38)
-trained primarily by me until the 40s
-trained primarily in 3 minute matches
-trained mostly on FD until 30s, then other stages too

The result was the 2nd :4samus: being considerably more aggressive in 4 player smash, and less likely to disengage and shoot charge beam/missles from the edge of FD. The 1st :4samus: focuses much more on punishing anything that comes close to her, so the damage they deal/receive each match still comes out relatively equal. They both learned how to do the half-jump Charge Beam headshot after I spammed it on them, but still do the stupid random full jump Charge Beams sometimes for no reason (like the lvl9 CPU Samus).
They both have the Mega Bomb, Turbo Missile, and Apex Screw Attack custom moves that I love.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Dunno whether to risk a :4shulk: amiibo with no preorder. If I fail, I'll go with either :4pacman: or :rosalina: instead.

Also, be careful when going in store to grab amiibo's as I have heard stories of people getting in fights over them. (Also heard about someone trying to steal a :4sonic: amiibo from a young kid. The lengths people go through to get amiibo's is crazy.)

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Super Mario amiibo line sold out on amazon. Now I feel smart for getting Toad :3

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So about that thing I talked about of the fire mario custom. It's finally coming into works...but my b-day was a couple days ago and my friend is still not finished, but the white hat and shirt is done so far. Now all mario needs is the red pants. I will post a picture when it's done.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Got a Samus Amiibo today, the store actually had a spare Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo and they even offered me it but I declined, I know that she's stupidly rare and all but I don't really have much interest in purchasing her.... I wish they had a spare Rosalina, Zelda or Pit though.... :/

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Who actually feeds their Amiibos equipment? Knowing that they aren't as fun to play against with this advantage, mine have never seen equipment.
I do. I consider it part of their functionality (equipment works differently with Amiibos than it does with a player). It also means I can sort of create "bosses", but it also is really good for training. If you can beat a super powered character AND skilled AI fighter, you can beat a regular player.

-------

http://www.marios-hat.com/2015/01/nintendo-reveals-rosalina-amiibo-plans-for-canada/

Rosalina is no longer Target exclusive in Canada, but is still being touted as quite limited.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

I was looking at my Preorders in the GameStop app and it struck me odd that they insist Shulk releases on the 1st rather than the 13th like everyone else says. They could just as well change dates last minute but just a heads up to you guys.

Yes I have Splatoon preordered too :3

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356

I was looking at my Preorders in the GameStop app and it struck me odd that they insist Shulk releases on the 1st rather than the 13th like everyone else says. They could just as well change dates last minute but just a heads up to you guys.

Yes I have Splatoon preordered too :3
I would for sure say there's no Shulk on the first. For whatever reason, the GameStop app hasn't updated the release dates like the website has.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I would for sure say there's no Shulk on the first. For whatever reason, the GameStop app hasn't updated the release dates like the website has.
You're right. The website says estimated 13th. Disregard my earlier post then.

Anyone know if Ike is available the 1st? Or is he also 13th?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I preordered online, and I believe it said it would be available for in store pick up,
Weird... I preordered online and I don't think I've received that message. I thought they would just ship it to you?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Wait, a Meta Knight spamming? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

All joking aside, You shouldn't be feeding him that sort of equipment- Of course to balance it out, but defense is also good for MK, as he is already pretty fast and strong. As for the Up B, it might be the agility kicking in. If not, try fighting him normally for a while, or against some other Amiibo. They don't stop learning at level 50. If he doesn't stop after a couple days, it might, sadly, be time to reset him. Hope this helps.
One trick to Amiibo training is at lvl 50 the amount of moves you can effectively land and or punish are incredibly slim, well trained amiibo's dodge like nobodys business. by resetting you make them dumb again, enabling you to teach certain moves as either good or bad more effectively, they learn much faster when they lose a stock or a match. and if you do neither when you punish a certain weakness they're arrogance keeps them blissfully unaware of their stupidity because somehow theyre winning.

EXAMPLE:
take for instance my friends zelda amiibo whom he trained in 3v1 matches against lvl 9's, then gave it perfect shield explosion, auto heal, and mirror shield. because it was trained by being attacked by 3 lvl 9's at once it uses perfect shield like a crackhead, and sits at the edge of the stage thowing side b. you cant kill it, you cant even make any progress, its scaredy cat nature and excessive side b would be easily punishable but its unrealistic advantage with equipment made it un-touchable. even after exploiting its side b weakness repeatedly ( vulnerable to quick sprint attacks) it didnt learn because you couldnt kill it. my amiibos learn much quicker when theyre beaten. this is just what ive noticed.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
After reading that reddit post about that fist fight, hearing about all these scalpers, watching matiotehpluber's videos, and seeing how badly Nintendo is handling the stock, Amiibo are more cancerous than fun...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
After reading that reddit post about that fist fight, hearing about all these scalpers, watching matiotehpluber's videos, and seeing how badly Nintendo is handling the stock, Amiibo are more cancerous than fun...
Be that as it may, I am determined to have 1 of each Smash Amiibo, no matter what.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Anyone know if the Disney Infinity figures had this struggle?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Just wait until the release smash 4 complete edition which will come packaged with a mewtwo amiibo, also this will be the only way get mewtwo.

Sarcasim ^ but honestly it wouldnt surprise me.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Just wait until the release smash 4 complete edition which will come packaged with a mewtwo amiibo, also this will be the only way get mewtwo.

Sarcasim ^ but honestly it wouldnt surprise me.
Mewtwo is gonna sell within 10 minutes, I'm betting.
Sucks for me, Zero Suit Samus is my main so I need to get her, yet I'm hearing she's the most anticipated one...Make of that what you will.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Even more hilarious that these are aimed for children and yet all the adults are going hell bent on getting every single one of them.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I dont even want to imagine if we got more than just mewtwo as dlc... Like if isaac got an amiibo .... O boy

RetrospectGaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
RetrospecGaming
3DS FC
2277-7596-2161
Almost done with a MR.L custom Amiibo I am working on, will post pics when done!
So exite!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone know if the Disney Infinity figures had this struggle?
No, for two reasons:

1) Much better handling of stock. Disney have been directly involved in the toy business for years. Nintendo, up until Amiibos, only ever internally produced more rare collector's items, such as the Skull Kid Figure that is proving difficult to get.

2) Infinity and Amiibo both are AIMING at young children, but only the former actually ended up with children as it's main consumer. A lot of the Infinity characters are from much more recent films too, so there are not a lot of nostalgic characters. On the other hand, very few of the Smash Amiibos are of characters that have had less than half a decade in the public's eye. Plus, you'd often be more exposed to a video game character than a film character, since the average film has a run time of an hour and a half, while the average game takes 10 hours to complete, often longer.

As a result, older people are more involved with Amiibo than Infinity or Skylanders (Skylanders is using it's original characters with virtually no nostalgic appeal, so very few adults that are not parents are interested in it). And older fans are generally more vocal and determined, leading to stuff like attempting to rob from a child. However, someone who goes that far, is quite clearly in need of mental help to begin with.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Just got me a Zelda amiibo today and finished paying off the rest of my pre-order for Sheik and Ike. :bee:

Now to go to Target early Sunday morning so I can get a Rosalina amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally got some income, so tomorrow, I'll be picking up Sheik and Ike. Local Smyths has them, and I doubt they will go anywhere by tomorrow afternoon, so I'll drop in after college.

Then Rosalina comes in on Monday (though hopefully she arrives early or something).

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I just leave mine default too. What about moves? I haven't touches a single one of mine.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I like custom moves, as they're not completely overpowering. Results will vary, however. When I gave my :4kirby: Ice Breath, he would use it to trap opponents and added it to his playstyle pretty quickly. But when I gave my :4yoshi: a better Down-B, he never used it, and hasn't since.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I like custom moves, as they're not completely overpowering. Results will vary, however. When I gave my :4kirby: Ice Breath, he would use it to trap opponents and added it to his playstyle pretty quickly. But when I gave my :4yoshi: a better Down-B, he never used it, and hasn't since.
Do you know at which points you gave Kirby a move vs Yoshi? IE: Kirby 25 Yoshi 50, or were they both on the same playing field when getting the new move?

If you can't remember it's ok.

Side note: Metroid Prime Trilogy is $10! Psyched for that.

Top Bottom